Random Players that Suddenly come into your Head for no Apparent Reason

Craig Herbertson

Dave Needham Notts Forest. I remember collecting the panini football 78 and I had the whole book filled apart form one sticker.... Dave Needham, I actually wondered if they ever printed one. Spent all my paper round money on packets and packets of them that I actually started another book with all my doublers but could never find him. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• martoon

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, His name is said:

That reminds me, is it politically correct to have a womans world cup tidy birds thread? 

I think so, pretty sure we had a mans one last time on here !

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Scud said:

Robert Tomaschek ?‍♂️

Lol, thought of him the other day.... 

20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Lol, thought of him the other day.... 

Seem to remember him scoring the odd 30 yard rocket or two? It might have just been a dream. 

rudi must stay

Pretty much every day the past few weeks.

Thought of Paul McMullan the other day. Wondered what happened to him, but didn't care enough to google

Yes the OP is right, this happens when there's no football

Eggert Jonsson was the first player that popped into my head when I saw the thread. 

Scary to think he played in the EPL

jimbojambo

Willie Duff. Only because he had his plaque installed at the ceremony in the memorial garden yesterday. It's a lovely and moving event

Jean Louis Valois

Fitzroy Simpson

was looking through my old football tops the other day and I have a Jamaica one with his name on the back. No idea why I got that done, he was rubbish.

13 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Dave Needham Notts Forest. I remember collecting the panini football 78 and I had the whole book filled apart form one sticker.... Dave Needham, I actually wondered if they ever printed one. Spent all my paper round money on packets and packets of them that I actually started another book with all my doublers but could never find him. 

Had a similar experience with the football cards around '76, maybe `77. Paul Wilson of Celtic. No one could get him, never mind anyone having a spare. Back in the days when the playground echoed with "got, got, got". 

Never did get him and his name still pops into my head every now and then. 

Robbo-Jambo

Jim Townsend.

Used to stand at the corner flag at the bottom of The Shed when I was wee and patted him on the back everytime he took a corner. :jj_facepalm:

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Need Hearts games soon otherwise I end up like this. Suddenly for no reason at all I thought of George Fleming. Anyone else suddenly think of a player out of the blue. If so name him. The funny thing is I looked him up and found he managed Arbroath later on in his career.

I always think this weatherman looks like Jon McLaughlin, maybe the middle brother of him and John Collins ??‍♂️?.

23766D69-EA46-44BB-8C41-72180F58314F.png

Craig Herbertson
21 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANINI-FOOTBALL-78-318-QUEENS-PARK-RANGERS-DAVID-NEEDHAM/171896207561?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20180213162448%26meid%3D94fb87c4161344328355dda0473240a4%26pid%3D100930%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D302343800813%26itm%3D171896207561&_trksid=p2349624.c100930.m5375

Samuel Camazzola
18 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Robert Tomaschek

Gary Wales

Isn't he an estate agent or financial advisor now? I'm sure he's part of an Edinburgh based firm. 

Randomly, I recently thought of Rais M'Bohli and Stuart Callachan. 

The Gorgie
18 hours ago, Nightwing said:

Eggert Jonsson was the first player that popped into my head when I saw the thread. 

Scary to think he played in the EPL

That over head kick v aberdeen tho

scott herbertson

Barasa for me, or Kevin Hegarty for some reason

Image result for kevin hegartyImage result for barasa hearts

Edited by scott herbertson

Mr Elwood P
On 07/06/2019 at 17:40, Craig Herbertson said:

Need Hearts games soon otherwise I end up like this. Suddenly for no reason at all I thought of George Fleming. Anyone else suddenly think of a player out of the blue. If so name him. The funny thing is I looked him up and found he managed Arbroath later on in his career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willi_Oueifio

see if anyone can dig out a more obscure ex player than that!

Mr Elwood P
On 07/06/2019 at 18:08, Bridge of Djoum said:

Lara Dickenmann

Image result for Julie ertz

No reason whatsoever.

That’s not a foreheid, that’s a fiveheid.

Mr Elwood P
On 07/06/2019 at 20:48, Icon of Symmetry said:

It just totally reminded me of watching the Grzelak video. A few wee tricks and things, but a really poor level of opponent, and the game being played at about a quarter of the speed ours is. Cletus has age on his side though, so he might adapt.

I really need us to sign a proven good quality player soon. ?

Heard we’re signing Steven Naismith soon.

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Heard we’re signing Steven Naismith soon.

Here’s hoping chief. It will be nice to start this season with a strong team and not weaker than last season.

On 07/06/2019 at 22:47, King prawn said:

Jamie Mole ?‍♂️

The OP asked for random footballers, not sure of Jamie mole meets that criteria of a footballer.

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

She's enough to make you tug on your fiveskin. 

Craig Herbertson
38 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

She's enough to make you tug on your fiveskin. 

My innocent thread has been hijacked but it does appear that there may be an undercurrent support for a thread reviewing the attributes of the female WC players.

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And it's glorious.

5 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Cherno Samba

Legend.

adambraejambo

George Wright . Only because he used to live opposite  me and I used to peak behind the curtains at the women he used to bring back to his place. For my other neighbour Samantha at the time I am sorry I really didn't mean to look up at your window and catch you almost naked that time....in my defence I was a horny 15 yr old. Now as a stand out 46yr old I have learned my lesson and now have blinds...much easier !! 

It should have been ten
On 07/06/2019 at 22:31, Saughton Jambo said:

94416D73-5B20-40DC-9E57-A9CE979D8C37.thumb.jpeg.15ac1a8fae20e9eff28d87905f45003d.jpeg

On 08/06/2019 at 11:40, martoon said:

Had a similar experience with the football cards around '76, maybe `77. Paul Wilson of Celtic. No one could get him, never mind anyone having a spare. Back in the days when the playground echoed with "got, got, got". 

Never did get him and his name still pops into my head every now and then. 

D8899C61-9CF5-418B-B75D-AF4312B376D8.thumb.jpeg.7af7fa7269fc2f3da2e2b594c5f371ba.jpeg

44 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

94416D73-5B20-40DC-9E57-A9CE979D8C37.thumb.jpeg.15ac1a8fae20e9eff28d87905f45003d.jpeg

D8899C61-9CF5-418B-B75D-AF4312B376D8.thumb.jpeg.7af7fa7269fc2f3da2e2b594c5f371ba.jpeg

:lol:

Should have known a Jambo brother/sister would help out. 

Ps. Paul Wilson was a bonnie sight. 

22 hours ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Definitely Dave Needham Notts forest. Must’ve been the football 79 season which I started collecting at Stenhouse primary school in 78. I also remember Bristol City were in the first Divison back then 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, martoon said:

Should have known a Jambo brother/sister would help out. 

Ps. Paul Wilson was a bonnie sight. 

Absolutely bud ? could print the photo, cut it out and stick it in the book if you still had it hehe.

Aw was thinking the same myself, what a stoater and no in a good way :lol:

5 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Thanks ISHBT. Thought I was losing my mind there. It’s bad enough as it is  but that was the sticker I was missing. I’m sure I started collecting them after the Argentina World Cup 78/79 season 

5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Absolutely bud ? could print the photo, cut it out and stick it in the book if you still had it hehe.

Aw was thinking the same myself, what a stoater and no in a good way :lol:

It should have been ten
51 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Thanks ISHBT. Thought I was losing my mind there. It’s bad enough as it is  but that was the sticker I was missing. I’m sure I started collecting them after the Argentina World Cup 78/79 season 

Your welcome mate, same as I said to Martoon. If you still had the book you could print it the picture off for it :lol:

I’m sure that was around the same season I started collecting them too. Aye, those were the days.

Edited by It should have been ten

Hectormasson

Andy gavin.1988 possibly played a couple games looked ok especially in a 2 1 win v tic late in season,,,

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Andy gavin.1988 possibly played a couple games looked ok especially in a 2 1 win v tic late in season,,,

Was it not Mark Gavin?

Hectormasson
23 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Was it not Mark Gavin?

Aye  a think so ,guy simply vanished??????????

doctor jambo

not quite on topic....

I grew a goatee, and, I'd have to say, when I look in the mirror I look damn like Olly Lee ( or at least how he will look when he's older and a good deal more kicked in)

I was trying to recall a player from the JJ  managerial era and Derek O'Connor popped into my head. Maybe because they were team mates at one point. It's paticularly messed as I was thinking of Adam at the time.