Edinburgh and Midlothian Timothies

Beast Boy

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Why would anyone do such a thing? It's about as depressing as Central Fife, or Lanarkshire. 

???

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• Stephane Grappelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Obviously you know better than me we were just casual observers trying to get over a banging hangover before starting over! Still the best trip I’ve been on and I’ve been to plenty. Not much chance of getting a team like that again sadly.

Aye it was a cracking trip. So many excellent (hazy) memories. :)

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm not getting into an imply/infer argument with you, you racist monster.  :seething:

:(

Stephane Grappelli
19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I think you like getting all offended. 

I think you keep missing the point.

TorinoJambo
17 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

Penicuik still is. There are six Hearts buses on Saturday and on wee minibus of them. Granted there are more than a few wee shites wearing hoops going about but there was a big influx from the west in the 50's for mining jobs and a lot of their descendants still exist. I've lived there all my life and its definitely Jamboland.

fabienleclerq
21 minutes ago, TheStig said:

You can, you really can. The team part anyway.

Obviously you can it's just the saying I was brought up with, it's still what the majority of us do. 

TorinoJambo
10 hours ago, lookoutjoe said:

Don’t go to the snooker club.

Riddled!

If it’s still open. Not lived in the cuik for about ten years.

Not true now. Loads of Jambos drink there especially the youngsters (which is encouraging as there are dozens and dozens of them sticking to the Maroon persuasion.

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I think you keep missing the point.

We need more point missing imo.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more point missing imo.

That's a good point.

The Gorgie
38 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Obviously you can it's just the saying I was brought up with, it's still what the majority of us do. 

That's fair enough and i do agree that im in the minority but i don't think anyone should dictate or have an opinion on the team someone supports. If i have a child id love for them to follow hearts but i wouldn't force them to, they can make their own mind up.

Forever Hearts
Just now, TheStig said:

That's fair enough and i do agree that im in the minority but i don't think anyone should dictate or have an opinion on the team someone supports. If i have a child id love for them to follow hearts but i wouldn't force them to, they can make their own mind up.

Agreed. And I gave both my children a choice of who they could support - Hearts or nobody. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, TheStig said:

If i have a child id love for them to follow hearts but i wouldn't force them to, they can make their own mind up.

**** that.

I've adopted the proactive approach of brainwashing the shit out of all neices and nephews from hun/tim families.

My heart swells with pride at the looks of disappointment on parents faces as their kids trot around the garden with the family name amblazened across the shoulders of Hearts kits.

:sweeet:

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I generally wouldn't force him to do anything but his football team is brainwashed in already. His grandad is a "Tim" so needed done early! 

Worked with a couple of celtic daft fifers who openly admitted to supporting Dunfermline well into their teens, think their reasoning was basically that dunfy are shite and watching them was depressing but they still openly looked out for their results, worked with another boy from Bristol who supported man United but seemed more interested in talking about Bristol City. I think a lot of people just don't understand football tbh, just want to watch the team that wins all the time

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Agreed. And I gave both my children a choice of who they could support - Hearts or nobody. 

The way things are going at the moment they would probably choose nobody. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

**** that.

I've adopted the proactive approach of brainwashing the shit out of all neices and nephews from hun/tim families.

:rofl:

Excellent! :thumbsup: 

20 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Bigoted little Rangers minded Thai school kids. ?

Details matter. The use of the word 'Timothy' is very Rangers-minded. As you point out, Celtic themselves use the term 'Tim'.

The only part of this that matters, and it matters a lot, is that it really grates when Hearts people use Rangers' terminology.  

Just now, 4marsbars said:

Details matter. The use of the word 'Timothy' is very Rangers-minded. As you point out, Celtic themselves use the term 'Tim'.

The only part of this that matters, and it matters a lot, is that it really grates when Hearts people use Rangers' terminology.  

Hang on... You honestly only have a problem with this because I used the longer version of the name Timothy, as opposed to Tim?

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

It only matters to people who get annoyed by the most trivial of things. 

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hang on... You honestly only have a problem with this because I used the longer version of the name Timothy, as opposed to Tim?

First of all, I'm not going to go on and on about specifically your use of one word but yes, it was that word that I reacted to. 

This next bit is not about you but explains my annoyance: Throughout the (very long) time I've followed Hearts there has been an element of our fans who adopted Rangers ways of doing things, such as things to do with flags (enough said, it's against the rules here for good reasons), songs, language (e.g. flags taken to away games using the word 'loyal'), to the point where only an imbecile would not see the 'let's copy Rangers' thinking behind it. I freely admit that Rangers fans are the last people on earth I'd copy - I am fiercely anti-orange, for example. I can't abide that stuff. So, I probably do over-react when I spot what might be an example of it.

Basically, I want Hearts to be Hearts and not Rangers-lite. I think that's quite a widespread view amongst Hearts fans.

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You know perfectly well that this is part of a much wider debate that is far from 'trivial', but in fact disfigures and pollutes Scottish football. I know which side I am on.

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

First of all, I'm not going to go on and on about specifically your use of one word but yes, it was that word that I reacted to. 

This next bit is not about you but explains my annoyance: Throughout the (very long) time I've followed Hearts there has been an element of our fans who adopted Rangers ways of doing things, such as things to do with flags (enough said, it's against the rules here for good reasons), songs, language (e.g. flags taken to away games using the word 'loyal'), to the point where only an imbecile would not see the 'let's copy Rangers' thinking behind it. I freely admit that Rangers fans are the last people on earth I'd copy - I am fiercely anti-orange, for example. I can't abide that stuff. So, I probably do over-react when I spot what might be an example of it.

Basically, I want Hearts to be Hearts and not Rangers-lite. I think that's quite a widespread view amongst Hearts fans.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but I don't agree at all. Timothy is just an extension of Tim, and neither are a Rangers thing imo. I don't like Rangers either loathsome creatures, and I am just as happy to refer to them as Huns or Orcs or whatever other nickname they attract. Neither set of terms has anything to do with religion.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but I don't agree at all. Timothy is just an extension of Tim, and neither are a Rangers thing imo. I don't like Rangers either loathsome creatures, and I am just as happy to refer to them as Huns or Orcs or whatever other nickname they attract.

I'm happy to leave it there. Hopefully, we'll both be smiling on Saturday at 5 o' clock.

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

I'm happy to leave it there. Hopefully, we'll both be smiling on Saturday at 5 o' clock.

Okay. Me too... FTC ?

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Can you please stop using the Hun word then when referring to Rangers? It's very Celticy. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Funny, I've always looked upon Rangers as Hearts wannabes.

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Agreed, and here's the thing. A pony looks a bit like a horse, and does many of the same things that a horse does - but that doesn't mean that it is a horse, or even wants to be a horse.

All this 'You can't say/do/sing that because it's a bit Rangersy' is akin to telling a pony to give up eating hay and refrain from shitting in fields because it's not a ****ing horse.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hope you’re listening @chester copperpot ?

:D Was that Chester? I thought it was another prominent poster who no longer seems to be around.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

:D Was that Chester? I thought it was another prominent poster who no longer seems to be around.

Think so... hope so now... ?

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He seems the type tbf.

I reckon your assumption is pretty safe either way.

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Definitely was.

The clarty ***** also stuck his tongue in my ear in a boozer near Kings Cross in Lundun.

Shiteing in a field is the least of his clartyness.

On 15/12/2012 at 23:44, chester copperpot said:

I had to shite in a field tonight in the town of Croy, after dropping my kids off to their mum.

I arrived 30 mins before the return train was due, and as the kids mum picked them up, I had to ask if she'd drive me home to ours (I still pay the ******* mortgage) so I could rid the world of this turtles heid.

She refused, so I spent the next 20 mins walking around like a dug with an arched back trying to find a place to find my plop. I eventually had to go at the end of a fence which backed on to a house, and wipe my arse with a pair of socks I found in my rucksack.

I'm not very proud, and never done this before, so thought I'd brighten up the night of the KB massive by sharing. It doesn't matter how bad you feel, there's always someone with a shite to get rid of.

19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:) 

Governor Tarkin
57 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:) 

I stand corrected, boys. 

Quite happy to be proved wrong in this instance. 

:kirklol:

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I stand corrected, boys. 

Quite happy to be proved wrong in this instance. 

:kirklol:

We need more happiness imo.

:wink: 

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Haha. Long time ago. Went veggie after this episode so all good now!

12 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

:D

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Aye right.

Edited by portobellojambo1

bajthejambo

Celtic fans through here are unbearable. Condescending and they have either rarely or have never been to Parkhead. 

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Aye, so you did.

:lol: 

4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Definitely was.

The clarty ***** also stuck his tongue in my ear in a boozer near Kings Cross in Lundun.

Shiteing in a field is the least of his clartyness.

@chester copperpot needs to clarify this ‘tongue in ear’ claim.

:biggrin:

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Aye, so you did.

:lol: 

I haven't touched meat since 01st March. I swear down as the weegie would say.

chester copperpot
6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He seems the type tbf.

I reckon your assumption is pretty safe either way.

:lol: thanks. 

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

@chester copperpot needs to clarify this ‘tongue in ear’ claim.

:biggrin:

Tbh It probably was. Look out for the next episode of KB arsehole does strange things