• Beast Boy

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• Stephane Grappelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Really? I did wonder why there were so few tops representing the other bum cheek

I have been told this from various folk over the years. There used to be (possibly still are) wanted IRA terrorists hiding out there. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I have been told this from various folk over the years. There used to be (possibly still are) wanted IRA terrorists hiding out there. 

Shouldn’t be too hard to spot. Anyone wearing a balaclava in 30° heat = terrorist. 

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yeah just googled it and found various references including this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8631511/mp-airey-neave-murder-suspect-found-spain/amp/

You get used to seeing Irish bars wherever you go but this was a whole new level even before the height of season.

Der Kaiser
4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

As a Cuiker I have to say the majority of folk I know here follow the JTs.

26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where the IRA go on holiday. A resort (perhaps ghetto is a better word) to be avoided. 

We stayed there when we played Majorca as did Ulster Hearts....it wasn’t pretty! Especially when they decided to have a “march” down the main strip....was very happy not to be wearing colours that day!!

7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

As a Cuiker I have to say the majority of folk I know here follow the JTs.

I must just be unlucky then. Seems like everywhere I go around here there’s someone stoating about in the manky hoops, or talking about “us” when referring to them. Twice today, just getting off the bus and making the short journey to my house. :yucky:

Maybe I’m a little more sensitive to it because of this weekend. ??‍♂️

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Just now, Rudy T said:

We stayed there when we played Majorca as did Ulster Hearts....it wasn’t pretty! Especially when they decided to have a “march” down the main strip....was very happy not to be wearing colours that day!!

Yuck. Imagine living there, or not knowing about these tregs and finding yourself on holiday surrounded by them. Worse still imagine being Spanish and having these creatures infesting the buildings in your street. ?

Dagger Is Back
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We stayed there for a week then too. We must have been lucky as we only bumped into two of them and they were given short thrift!

Edited by Dagger Is Back

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The absolute scum of the earth in football terms imo.

Not just in your opinion GASC. In everyone’s opinion. Glory hunters the lot of them. Even the fact that their dads were hubs or Hearts they have some justified reason for supporting the scum from the weeg.  Old firm from Edinburgh are definitely worse than the old firm from through there though 

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We stayed there for a week then too. We must have been lucky as we only bumped into two of them and they were given shirt thrift!

Sounds like something they’d be happy about:

DB85A852-6FA4-40F1-9888-E98EB13A5441.jpeg

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sounds like something they’d be happy about:

DB85A852-6FA4-40F1-9888-E98EB13A5441.jpeg

?

Der Kaiser
10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I must just be unlucky then. Seems like everywhere I go around here there’s someone stoating about in the manky hoops, or talking about “us” when referring to them. Twice today, just getting off the bus and making the short journey to my house. :yucky:

Maybe I’m a little more sensitive to it because of this weekend. ??‍♂️

They probably moved here in error when they heard about us having a crystal factory......

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

They probably moved here in error when they heard about us having a crystal factory......

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We stayed there for a week then too. We must have been lucky as we only bumped into two of them and they were given shirt thrift!

We spent most of the time in the apartment during the day then Magaluf at night! No way were we getting mixed up in that nonsense! What a trip tho!!

22 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Honest question here. What sort of marches do they do? I obviously know about Orange Marches, but didn’t realise they even had an equivalent... were they maybe just all out on the chore?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

The rat catcher
3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Well said.Beat me to it. The irony. Let’s put these Rangers memes in the bin and close the lid. We are Hearts. We need copy no one. 

I am quite able to dislike the old firm without copying anyone.

Dagger Is Back
25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We spent most of the time in the apartment during the day then Magaluf at night! No way were we getting mixed up in that nonsense! What a trip tho!!

Likewise. Recovering from hangovers during the day by the pool and then into Magaluf until stupid o’clock.

Best trip ever.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where the IRA go on holiday. A resort (perhaps ghetto is a better word) to be avoided. 

Great place to go as a 18 year old. 

Irish ladies like a Scots lad ?

5 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

Penicuik doesnt have any more than other comparable sized towns, but I admit they are annoying. They'll do anything for Celtic except actually going to see them. Penicuik is still predominantly a Hearts town though with one of the oldest supporters clubs.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Penicuik doesnt have any more than other comparable sized towns, but I admit they are annoying. They'll do anything for Celtic except actually going to see them. Penicuik is still predominantly a Hearts town though with one of the oldest supporters clubs.

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky, I suppose. Sometimes see guys outside the pubs having a fag whilst ‘supporting’ them on TV. Put the top on to go and watch the game on telly types. The Royal and the Cuiken generally. Bad run of them for me today though. As I said maybe a little sensitive to them with the big game coming up a week after playing them in the league. My home town of Balerno seemed to have acquired a lot more of them than I remember when I moved out in 2001, on my last visit too. Maybe it is just everywhere nowadays.

Called an Edinburgh Celtic fan a glory hunter in the Ardmillan once. 

"Naw I'm no'. Celtic only won the Scottish Cup when I started supporting thum". 

lookoutjoe
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky, I suppose. Sometimes see guys outside the pubs having a fag whilst ‘supporting’ them on TV. Put the top on to go and watch the game on telly types. The Royal and the Cuiken generally. Bad run of them for me today though. As I said maybe a little sensitive to them with the big game coming up a week after playing them in the league. My home town of Balerno seemed to have acquired a lot more of them than I remember when I moved out in 2001, on my last visit too. Maybe it is just everywhere nowadays.

Don’t go to the snooker club.

Riddled!

If it’s still open. Not lived in the cuik for about ten years.

Stephane Grappelli
11 hours ago, dkmmgcycbwc said:

OP With terminology like that get back to Ibrox where you belong.

I was told by one of the moderators that that word is acceptable because Celtic fans use it to refer to themselves.  This led me to point out that some black people use the "N" word to refer to themselves but I wouldn't expect that to be considered acceptable on here.  Still waiting on an answer.

Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

I was told by one of the moderators that that word is acceptable because Celtic fans use it to refer to themselves.  This led me to point out that some black people use the "N" word to refer to themselves but I wouldn't expect that to be considered acceptable on here.  Still waiting on an answer.

Massive difference. Tim Malloys were a street gang. The Celtic supporters attached the name to themselves. It is not an ignorant racial slur attached to slaves, and later their descendants, by rich plantation owners, and modern white supremacists.

It’s allowed on here for a reason, and I’d rather folk didn’t wrongfully try and paint me as a racist or sectarian bigot. Thanks.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Tim is not a derogatory term for Celtic supporters and not a single one of them will find it offensive. 

Stephane Grappelli
4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Massive difference. Tim Malloys were a street gang. The Celtic supporters attached the name to themselves. It is not an ignorant racial slur attached to slaves, and later their descendants, by rich plantation owners, and modern white supremacists.

It’s allowed on here for a reason, and I’d rather folk didn’t wrongfully try and paint me as a racist or sectarian bigot. Thanks.

I wasn't painting you as either and was talking to another poster.  My point was the double standards on Kickback about how one word is deemed acceptable and another isn't.

Seems like a raw nerve has been touched though.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Tim is not a derogatory term for Celtic supporters and not a single one of them will find it offensive. 

A lot of Catholics find it offensive so I think it's a word best avoided.  Couldn't give a stuff what glory seeking Celtic fans think of it.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

A lot of Catholics find it offensive so I think it's a word best avoided.  Couldn't give a stuff what glory seeking Celtic fans think of it.

Well I've lived in the west of Scotland for all of my 48 years and went to school, grew up with and have many Catholic friends and not one of them has ever said they find the term Tim offensive. If anything the opposite is true, they wear it as a badge of honour. 

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I wasn't painting you as either and was talking to another poster.  My point was the double standards on Kickback about how one word is deemed acceptable and another isn't.

Seems like a raw nerve has been touched though.

The poster you were discussing it with (along with @4marsbars) were insinuating I am some kind of Rangers sympathiser for using the term.

It’s not double standards at all. Some words are just more offensive than others. A self adopted label derived from the name of a street gang, is in no way comparable to the *******isation of the word Niger to the racial slur that was adopted by rich white people who owned people from that part of the world as slaves.

No nerve touched here. Just surprised that you are happy to break the forum rules by discussing moderator actions, just so you can have a sly dig. ?

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Well I've lived in the west of Scotland for all of my 48 years and went to school, grew up with and have many Catholic friends and not one of them has ever said they find the term Tim offensive. If anything the opposite is true, they wear it as a badge of honour. 

Exactly. **** knows why Hearts supporters would try and make it so. Weird.

Jean Louis Valois

Loads of them in Kelso aswell, along with bluenoses and hibees. Good bunch of Jambos aswell though.

Stephane Grappelli
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The poster you were discussing it with (along with @4marsbars) were insinuating I am some kind of Rangers sympathiser for using the term.

It’s not double standards at all. Some words are just more offensive than others. A self adopted label derived from the name of a street gang, is in no way comparable to the *******isation of the word Niger to the racial slur that was adopted by rich white people who owned people from that part of the world as slaves.

No nerve touched here. Just surprised that you are happy to break the forum rules by discussing moderator actions, just so you can have a sly dig. ?

I know a lot of Catholics, myself included, who do find it offensive.  The people who tend to call me it are Rangers fans or a tiny minority of fellow Jambos who can't understand how a "Tim" can support Hearts.

We're not going to agree though so you guys crack on.

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I know a lot of Catholics, myself included, who do find it offensive.  The people who tend to call me it are Rangers fans or a tiny minority of fellow Jambos who can't understand how a "Tim" can support Hearts.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/Tim

What a waste of energy looking to be offended by a self-adopted term for Celtic fans. Especially when being a Hearts fan, it’s got **** all connection to you whatsoever, regardless of what religion drags you in to a big pointy building each week.

franko1874
12 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Highlands rammed with them......... most could not find darkheed or iboke without using a satnav 

This. 

Couldn't believe the amount of old firm fans when I moved to the Highlands, hardly any of them go to games or know anything about football.

Nothing more cringey than hearing old firm fans with invernesian accents. 

All of them daily star readers as well

Stephane Grappelli
11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/Tim

What a waste of energy looking to be offended by a self-adopted term for Celtic fans. Especially when being a Hearts fan, it’s got **** all connection to you whatsoever, regardless of what religion drags you in to a big pointy building each week.

No interest in clicking that link.  I'm telling you the reality mate but if you want to keep using the word, crack on.

As far your comment about pointy buildings, that just shows your ignorance and how you assume things about people you don't know or understand.  

My Father-in-Law grew up in Broomhouse. Way back in the 50s and onwards . 

He said a joke used to be that after Hearts fans you’re more likely to meet a Celtic fan , rather than Hibs or Rangers, in Broomie.  

4 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

No interest in clicking that link.  I'm telling you the reality mate but if you want to keep using the word, crack on.

As far your comment about pointy buildings, that just shows your ignorance and how you assume things about people you don't know or understand.  

Tou should click the link. It explains quite clearly why you are misguided here.

You said you are a Catholic, so I assumed if that is how you identify yourself, you go to church. Again, nothing offensive in what I have said to you.

**** me. You really are desperate to be offended here.

Forever Hearts
33 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

A Tim is a Celtic fan, the term has absolutely nothing to do with religion. And you must know very different Celtic fans from me if you've met some who are offended by it. I've never met a single one who is and I know I never will, because they're not. 

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Tou should click the link. It explains quite clearly why you are misguided here.

You said you are a Catholic, so I assumed if that is how you identify yourself, you go to church. Again, nothing offensive in what I have said to you.

**** me. You really are desperate to be offended here.

I've already said that I don't care what Celtic fans (including Celtic Wiki, and why a Hearts fan would want to read that garbage is beyond me) think or say.  It is an offensive word.  Maybe if you had had it said to you many times in an insulting way you would understand.

Yes, you assumed.  I was brought up as a Catholic but can't remember the last time I set foot in a "pointy building" as you call them.

I'm not offended, just evermore astonished by your blatant ignorance.

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

A Tim is a Celtic fan, the term has absolutely nothing to do with religion. And you must know very different Celtic fans from me if you've met some who are offended by it. I've never met a single one who is and I know I never will, because they're not. 

I said Catholics, not Celtic fans.  Maybe in your mind they're one and the same but they're not.

chuck berrys hairline
46 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Bit rich you've used a racial slur but disguised it being a country of similar name  ? you Racist ?

Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

I've already said that I don't care what Celtic fans (including Celtic Wiki, and why a Hearts fan would want to read that garbage is beyond me) think or say.  It is an offensive word.  Maybe if you had had it said to you many times in an insulting way you would understand.

Yes, you assumed.  I was brought up as a Catholic but can't remember the last time I set foot in a "pointy building" as you call them.

I'm not offended, just evermore astonished by your blatant ignorance.

It is the first ‘hit’ when you google the word. It details quite clearly where it comes from.

I never assumed anything. You said you are Catholic. Knowing a fair few Catholics myself, including some of my best friends, I know that being one involves going in to pointy buildings every so often.

What I’m trying to get through to you, is that you being offended by some slavering are of a Rangers supporter calling you a Tim, is the equivalent of me being offended by someone calling me ‘Belieber’.

Why on earth you would choose to find offence in this word is totally bizarre. It’s a term for Celtic supporters. It’s not and never has been a term for lapsed Catholic Hearts supporters. 

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

This. 

Couldn't believe the amount of old firm fans when I moved to the Highlands, hardly any of them go to games or know anything about football.

Nothing more cringey than hearing old firm fans with invernesian accents. 

All of them daily star readers as well

And.......

you see see them walking around up here with their tops on at the same time as one if the cheeks are playing in glesga..... absolutely no ambition to attend any game

4 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bit rich you've used a racial slur but disguised it being a country of similar name  ? you Racist ?

The racial slur is derived from the name of that country though. Don’t you start as well mate! ?

Bloody hell... I am a lot of things, and I have some major faults of my own. Being called a Rangers sympathiser though? This is a whole new level of weird! :rofl:

People in Edinburgh who support either side of the old firm are the most pathetic breed that you could care to come across. Dress their kids in the strips and kid on there's some kind of tradition. Absolute weirdos. Fact is most of us on here have probably been to Ibrox and parkhead more than these clowns. No connection just clowns.

Off on a tangent but anyone who puts 'bhoy' in their social medial handle or names needs chucked in the forth with concrete slippers, just a more extreme loony dook

As said in Edinburgh realistically support heart, Hibs or city now. Even the east of Scotland and lowland league sides. But don't slag off your local teams and support one of the two most vile institutions in Scottish football

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

We travelled through from Magaluf for the night to spread some Gorgie love.  :jjyay: