Train travel to the final

Heartsofgold

Heartsofgold

So....gave up trying to find 5 spaces on a bus going through so opted to buy train tickets.  

Not gonna lie, I'm a wee bit concerned as I'll have my 9 & 11 year old daughters with me and there will be some glory hunters of the hooped persuasion travelling that way as well.  Anyone alos travelling this way?

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

So....gave up trying to find 5 spaces on a bus going through so opted to buy train tickets.  

Not gonna lie, I'm a wee bit concerned as I'll have my 9 & 11 year old daughters with me and there will be some glory hunters of the hooped persuasion travelling that way as well.  Anyone alos travelling this way?

There will be no bother on the trains. Have travelled half a dozen times by train with my 10 yr old laddie to games in the west and have never had any bother. I'm going by train on Saturday after work. Around 1pm from Waverley for me a mate and 3 kids. 2 aged 10 and 1 aged 13 

Kings Park is at the Celtic end so may find not so many use Mount Florida.

But it is a home game for them. And some will be travelling from Edinburgh etc. 

I expect it will be okay and certainly more than enough Jambos going by train to make it safe. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Jean Louis Valois

Getting the 9:06 train from Waverley with my Dad and Brother. Hoping to find some Jambo friendly pubs in the city centre.

I was on a rammed train with a mix of Celtic and hearts fans for the bet fred semi and tbh the Celtic fans were awright, it was some of our fake stone island/Burberry wearing lot that were being fannys. Most of them will be awright just dont end up on their side. I would say if you do see any trouble it will some of our idiots fighting each other. You'll be fine just enjoy the day? 

letsalldothebeattie

Doubt their will be much trouble before the game and depending on outcome it might be quiet heading back 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Do you get the train straight to mount Florida? Or better off getting off in city centre? 

You need to go to Glasgow Central for a Mount Florida train. 

34 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Getting the 9:06 train from Waverley with my Dad and Brother. Hoping to find some Jambo friendly pubs in the city centre.

Dont get that train as goes long way round 

Get the 9am one, much quicker 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

When you’re buying tickets go to ticket office as will get your kids for £1 return each

If you try to buy from machine yourself you might not see this ticket and end up paying over £13 for them 

Heartsofgold
27 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Do you get the train straight to mount Florida? Or better off getting off in city centre? 

Doing Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street, walk to Central and then to Mount Florida

For the 2012 final, I took the train through from Dundee, and there was a small number of Hearts fans on it.  Got to Stirling and a huge number of Hibs fans got on, 3 of them sitting at my table.

There was absolutely no problem between anyone, and the lads at the table were actually good chat. 

Didn't see them on the train back though :smuggy:

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

I was on a rammed train with a mix of Celtic and hearts fans for the bet fred semi and tbh the Celtic fans were awright, it was some of our fake stone island/Burberry wearing lot that were being fannys. Most of them will be awright just dont end up on their side. I would say if you do see any trouble it will some of our idiots fighting each other. You'll be fine just enjoy the day? 

How do you know they were fake ? 

Is this you making out the Celtic fans are ok but the Hearts fans are not ? 

If it does kick off before or after the game then we all know what side of the fence you'll be on. 

Heartsofgold
8 hours ago, theshed said:

When you’re buying tickets go to ticket office as will get your kids for £1 return each

If you try to buy from machine yourself you might not see this ticket and end up paying over £13 for them 

Already did that mate but thanks for the tip

Have a watch of an episode of Inside Central Station then change your plans sharpish. Was going to go on the train to the semi but didn't fancy listening to it from a siding in bellshill so took the car instead. 

Not so bothered about the journey through but someone posted a link to plans for a Celtic victory parade after the game. The route apparently goes from Hampden into the city centre. I'm a bit worried that some of them could be arriving early to get a vantage point and be hanging around before Hearts fans have departed the area.

Even if Celtic lose I expect this event will still go ahead as they already have a double to celebrate.

If the queue for the trains and buses is a long wait people may decide to walk back into town .

10 hours ago, dannymack said:

If it does kick off before or after the game then we all know what side of the fence you'll be on. 

Calm doon Ronnie Pickering ffs, its cup final week ma man! ?

10 hours ago, dannymack said:

Yeah a wee ned is gonna pay £200 for a scarf.

I'm not making out anything but any trouble I've seen at games come from wee arseholes in our support starting on each other or trying to be big men and dancing about the pavement like idiots with similar people from other clubs.

I'll not be on any side of any fence because I like most others (both hearts and Celtic) are going to enjoy the day. 

CavySlaveJambo

Also be aware that not all train tickets between Central and Edinburgh are equal. 

Some are X-Country only. And they are the cheaper ones. 

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Not so bothered about the journey through but someone posted a link to plans for a Celtic victory parade after the game. The route apparently goes from Hampden into the city centre. I'm a bit worried that some of them could be arriving early to get a vantage point and be hanging around before Hearts fans have departed the area.

Even if Celtic lose I expect this event will still go ahead as they already have a double to celebrate.

If the queue for the trains and buses is a long wait people may decide to walk back into town .

It won't. 

Leveinthedream

Was on the train to the semi at murrayfield with a full carriage of celtic fans, no problem really for the journey 

Is there likely to be a booze ban on trains from Edin-Glasgow? Usually they announce in advance but haven't seen anything.

The rat catcher
16 hours ago, Herbert said:

What a bizarre post. 

Paul Shark
17 hours ago, Herbert said:

Exact opposite for me. I always find our guys in the fake Stone Island are sound, it's the guys in the fake IRA uniforms that misbehave.

3 hours ago, The rat catcher said:

What a bizarre post. 

Why? Because I said that the Celtic fans were better behaved than some of ours? Do you want me to lie and say all our fans are brilliant and every Celtic fan is a IRA loving arsehole? 

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Do you want me to lie and say all our fans are brilliant and every Celtic fan is a IRA loving arsehole? 

Well that's my experience of them along with being smelly, trampy, thieving tossers

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Why? Because I said that the Celtic fans were better behaved than some of ours? Do you want me to lie and say all our fans are brilliant and every Celtic fan is a IRA loving arsehole? 

You are not allowed to say that sort of thing on here. But of course SOMETIMES it's true. It must have been for the 2012 semi that I got a train to Mount Florida. There were a lot of Celtic fans on the train and there was an attempt to segregate us but a single Celtic fan ended up in a Hearts carriage. A woman in In her late fifties I'd guess, bothering no-one, she was abused for the most of the journey by a large proportion of the Hearts fans, of all ages. Pathetic really.

The rat catcher
4 hours ago, Herbert said:

What another totally bizarre post  -  Are you lost or are trying to generalise that as a rule of thumb Hearts fans are worse because some once wore fake stone island/Burberry on a train you occupied? BIZARRE.

20 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

What another totally bizarre post  -  Are you lost or are trying to generalise that as a rule of thumb Hearts fans are worse because some once wore fake stone island/Burberry on a train you occupied? BIZARRE.

No it was their behaviour that made them worse than the Celtic fans. Not hard to understand really. What do you mean by am I lost?

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You are not allowed to say that sort of thing on here. But of course SOMETIMES it's true. It must have been for the 2012 semi that I got a train to Mount Florida. There were a lot of Celtic fans on the train and there was an attempt to segregate us but a single Celtic fan ended up in a Hearts carriage. A woman in In her late fifties I'd guess, bothering no-one, she was abused for the most of the journey by a large proportion of the Hearts fans, of all ages. Pathetic really.

It's ok she was a Celtic fan so probably deserved the abuse ? 

Obviously if you or anyone said anything to defend the woman you would become a target yourself. I dont get why or how people can defend the arseholes in our support unless they are part of that group themselves.

The rat catcher
47 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No it was their behaviour that made them worse than the Celtic fans. Not hard to understand really. What do you mean by am I lost?

Really looking forward to you telling us about the Celtic fans that misbehave also or does that not suit your agenda?

Do you need a reminder on how to get back to Parkhead?

Just now, The rat catcher said:

Really looking forward to you telling us about the Celtic fans that misbehave also or does that not suit your agenda?

Do you need a reminder on how to get back to Parkhead?

What agenda?

Are you really saying I'm a Celtic fan because I said we have arseholes in our support?

13 hours ago, Herbert said:

Yeah a wee ned is gonna pay £200 for a scarf.

I'm not making out anything but any trouble I've seen at games come from wee arseholes in our support starting on each other or trying to be big men and dancing about the pavement like idiots with similar people from other clubs.

I'll not be on any side of any fence because I like most others (both hearts and Celtic) are going to enjoy the day. 

£200 for a scarf ??? 

FFS I'm cool and casual as the next guy but you can pick up a nice, quality scarf for less than that.

I'm going to have a fantastic weekend... **** Celtic and their poor oppressed supporters.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah... Probably went back to her local and within 20 mins she was foot tapping with all the other rebel cretins to the sound of the Charlie and the Bhoys and The Wolfetones. 

14 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Calm doon Ronnie Pickering ffs, its cup final week ma man! ?

Who's Ronnie Pickering, I don't know a Ronnie Pickering. 

I know a Ronnie Gorman and a Ronnie MacDonald though. ?

6 hours ago, Herbert said:

Hey... Your spot on with that, you should stick with it.

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

Who's Ronnie Pickering, I don't know a Ronnie Pickering. 

I know a Ronnie Gorman and a Ronnie MacDonald though. ?

Nae bother mate, was just a wee joke. You seemed a wee bit angry over nowt, that’s all. All good tho ????????

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

£200 for a scarf ??? 

FFS I'm cool and casual as the next guy but you can pick up a nice, quality scarf for less than that.

I'm going to have a fantastic weekend... **** Celtic and their poor oppressed supporters.

Hope you get your smoke bombs in awright ;)

I'm from the era when there were Hearts special trains.  Not sure why that's stopped although I think there were Hearts and Hibs special trains in 2006 leaving from different stations.

If specials were still in vogue I would be genuinely disgusted if any were allocated to Celtic from Edinburgh.

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Ah well, she has probably stood when surrounded by a few thousand of her like-minded supporters singing all manner of filth but isn’t quite so brave in her own. 

She can sit and suffer tbh

9 hours ago, dannymack said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah... Probably went back to her local and within 20 mins she was foot tapping with all the other rebel cretins to the sound of the Charlie and the Bhoys and The Wolfetones. 

You sound like a Rangers fan.

shlabalaba
21 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Also be aware that not all train tickets between Central and Edinburgh are equal. 

Some are X-Country only. And they are the cheaper ones. 

Just had a look at my tickets and they are x-country ,  whats the difference  -  just a bit longer in time    ?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, shlabalaba said:

Just had a look at my tickets and they are x-country ,  whats the difference  -  just a bit longer in time    ?

No. But they are only every 2 hours 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, shlabalaba said:

And make sure you don't use a Scotrail train as your ticket won't be valid. 

Forever Hearts
35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You sound like a Rangers fan.

Or somebody who knows what most Celtic fans are like in their own company.