Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I think he meant you lose the backing of the support. Not numbers forever. 

Is there a difference? I don’t think you can lose either forever. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

4 hours ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

The reality is you're on a Hearts fans forum trying to stir up unrest and slate fans for backing the team. 

The reality is season ticket sales are going very well considering the league performance last season. 

The reality is if we are playing Aberdeen at Pitodrie on a Friday night, while on TV, 2 games before a cup final, the crowd will be lower than what you get on a Saturday afternoon. Same goes for Parkhead last game of the season

I don't think you understand what reality really is. 

This guy is Hibs 100% , why he hasn't been launched is a mystery, 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Last time he was here we had some great away days eg Bordeaux and Braga. Were you there?

He was at home playing with his toy soldiers. 

Remember the song sung in November sunshine in Bordeaux? 

Something about the weather in Leith?

5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

How very selective of you.

"The Levein Effect"? Is that when a guy returns to the club at the lowest point in our history and within 2 years has contributed to us being back in Europe?

I will 100% acknowledge this and you are bang on the money.

How about some reality here though. We are not in Europe now and we weren't in Europe last season either. Unless my memory is failing me, we actually just finished 6th. Those of us who actually went to the games, will remember the incessant booing, people streaming out of the stadium with 10 or 20 minutes to go, even leaving at half-time. Away games were even worse for those who actually bothered attending and I can assure you there were not too many left at the end of the season after Levein effectively destroyed our REGULAR travelling support. Less than 100 turned up at Celtic Park. The travelling support to Aberdeen the week before was the lowest there in my lifetime. I'm really surprised this collapse in travelling support hasn't become a bigger issue with our fans, but I suspect it just shows how out of touch many on JKB actually are from what is actually going on at games.

Levein is a paid employee of Hearts and he is handsomely rewarded for it he is not irreplaceable. Experienced managers are 10 a penny, some have even won things.

I'm still hoping Levein, the former footballing legend but now serial loser and managerial charlatan, will either step down or be removed before the season starts, but this is now looking very unlikely. Three is a definite dead man walking feeing about him though now. Once you lose the support you don't ever get them back and the next time we lose two or three games in a row, the clamour to remove this man from Tynecastle will be a sight to see.  

As for renewing a ST after some shocking managers in the past, it wasn't that hard at all. Tommy McLean 's record was very similar to Levein's last season and he also played some of the most negative football I can ever remember. There was a fundamental difference though, he was removed from the club for incompetence before the next season started to encourage people to renew. Accountability like this is something that seems to be sadly lacking these days.

How succinct and eloquently written, it must have taken hours of your valuable time, that you will never get back, to compose this wind up.

Meanwhile, others have a life...

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is there a difference? I don’t think you can lose either forever. 

Point is, the support loses faith short term. 

You don’t necessarily lose the numbers. People don’t turn their backs on the club forever based on a poor season. 

The constant can still attend games but not be happy. 

45 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Point is, the support loses faith short term. 

You don’t necessarily lose the numbers. People don’t turn their backs on the club forever based on a poor season. 

The constant can still attend games but not be happy. 

The support loses faith if we lose the first goal after five minutes. It returns when we equalise after 10 mins. Supporters faith/attitude at games and during a season is a huge rollercoaster driven by results mostly. 

Footballfirst

And now for the bad news.......... It seems as the oddity that we saw with the count for Section T last night has been rectified with the count going back up to something more in keeping with the sales progression we saw previously. I've counted the section at 249 (84+64+101), 11 up on yesterday.

Indeed sales appear flat elsewhere in the stadium with sections going up or down by one or two.

The overall position is that the dot count is back at 3,975, or 9 up on my count yesterday. 

Estimated sales 11,697

Club sales(?) 11,922

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

What utter horseshit!!!

It's not even that good. 

Horse shit has it's uses. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

And now for the bad news.......... It seems as the oddity that we saw with the count for Section T last night has been rectified with the count going back up to something more in keeping with the sales progression we saw previously. I've counted the section at 249 (84+64+101), 11 up on yesterday.

Indeed sales appear flat elsewhere in the stadium with sections going up or down by one or two.

The overall position is that the dot count is back at 3,975, or 9 up on my count yesterday. 

Estimated sales 11,697

Club sales(?) 11,922

Getting ever closer to the 12.000 mark 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Estimated sales 11,697

Club sales(?) 11,922

One thing I feel the club need to do is deal with the single seat situation. 

Lots of single seats about. Must put folk off. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You're going out-out?

Yip, before zee German's get there. 

9 hours ago, karipidis said:

I am quite firmly in the Levein out camp but do not think it is anywhere near bad enough not to renew, just feel we can be doing even better than we are but hope he proves me wrong this season. However, this is a superb post, rightfully calling out people who aren’t renewing because of Levein. 

Times change and although I renewed I won’t slag anyone off for not renewing.

All Levein can do is get it right on the pitch because walk-ups will be very 

important for our finances. Let’s hope Levein gets the team playing attractive, 

attacking, winning football. 

oh ah grantona
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Times change and although I renewed I won’t slag anyone off for not renewing.

All Levein can do is get it right on the pitch because walk-ups will be very 

important for our finances. Let’s hope Levein gets the team playing attractive, 

attacking, winning football. 

You can get away with shite football if Ur winning it's when the chips are down and u need to change something and nothing changes is the problem 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

One thing I feel the club need to do is deal with the single seat situation. 

Lots of single seats about. Must put folk off. 

Mentioned that last year. Melbourne City (and indeed most cinemas) stop you buying the middle seat when 3 free seats are available. 

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

How very selective of you.

"The Levein Effect"? Is that when a guy returns to the club at the lowest point in our history and within 2 years has contributed to us being back in Europe?

I will 100% acknowledge this and you are bang on the money.

How about some reality here though. We are not in Europe now and we weren't in Europe last season either. Unless my memory is failing me, we actually just finished 6th. Those of us who actually went to the games, will remember the incessant booing, people streaming out of the stadium with 10 or 20 minutes to go, even leaving at half-time. Away games were even worse for those who actually bothered attending and I can assure you there were not too many left at the end of the season after Levein effectively destroyed our REGULAR travelling support. Less than 100 turned up at Celtic Park. The travelling support to Aberdeen the week before was the lowest there in my lifetime. I'm really surprised this collapse in travelling support hasn't become a bigger issue with our fans, but I suspect it just shows how out of touch many on JKB actually are from what is actually going on at games.

Levein is a paid employee of Hearts and he is handsomely rewarded for it he is not irreplaceable. Experienced managers are 10 a penny, some have even won things.

I'm still hoping Levein, the former footballing legend but now serial loser and managerial charlatan, will either step down or be removed before the season starts, but this is now looking very unlikely. Three is a definite dead man walking feeing about him though now. Once you lose the support you don't ever get them back and the next time we lose two or three games in a row, the clamour to remove this man from Tynecastle will be a sight to see.  

As for renewing a ST after some shocking managers in the past, it wasn't that hard at all. Tommy McLean 's record was very similar to Levein's last season and he also played some of the most negative football I can ever remember. There was a fundamental difference though, he was removed from the club for incompetence before the next season started to encourage people to renew. Accountability like this is something that seems to be sadly lacking these days.

:bolt:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Mentioned that last year. Melbourne City (and indeed most cinemas) stop you buying the middle seat when 3 free seats are available. 

Makes sense. 

Costing us money, looking about there are hardly any pairs together, neve r mind 3/4.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Terrible sales so far and can't see a huge surge. Will it be noticed? Doubt it.

@Enzo Chiefo is already playing this role in the play I8. Only parts left are a tree, or in the choir.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

@Enzo Chiefo is already playing this role in the play I8. Only parts left are a tree, or in the choir.

What about the class nerd who opens and shuts the curtain?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

What about the class nerd who opens and shuts the curtain?

He’s on dot counts.

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Terrible sales so far and can't see a huge surge. Will it be noticed? Doubt it.

terrible

/ˈtɛrɪb(ə)l/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

extremely bad or serious.

"a terrible crime"

synonyms:dreadful, awful, appalling, horrific, horrifying, horrible, horrendous, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, frightful, fearful, shocking, hideous, ghastly, grim, dire, hateful, unspeakable, gruesome, monstrous, sickening, heinous, vile; More

causing or likely to cause terror; sinister.

"the stranger gave a terrible smile"

19 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It would require a much terser makeover to successfully pull that one off, I think.

oooo. that's good, Rebverend Spooner.

I struggle to keep up with the various forms of reincarnation that occur on this site.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

terrible

/ˈtɛrɪb(ə)l/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

extremely bad or serious.

"a terrible crime"

synonyms:dreadful, awful, appalling, horrific, horrifying, horrible, horrendous, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, frightful, fearful, shocking, hideous, ghastly, grim, dire, hateful, unspeakable, gruesome, monstrous, sickening, heinous, vile; More

causing or likely to cause terror; sinister.

"the stranger gave a terrible smile"

Well when you put it like that...it's not so bad.

Mr Elwood P

Folk still desperately clinging onto the idea that sales are going to be massively down? We have two pay days and 3-5 new players arriving before the start of the season. We will be between 13-14k, again.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Folk still desperately clinging onto the idea that sales are going to be massively down? We have two pay days and 3-5 new players arriving before the start of the season. We will be between 13-14k, again.

Why are you so confident that there are people sitting on their hands waiting to buy? I think you are overestimating as badly as I underestimated.

22 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Those of us who actually went to the games, will remember the incessant booing, people streaming out of the stadium with 10 or 20 minutes to go, even leaving at half-time. 

I mentioned that but some clown said it was fake news. Like you I think a lot of those who post the most hardly ever go to games or are possibly feeble minded.

FarmerTweedy
14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why are you so confident that there are people sitting on their hands waiting to buy? I think you are overestimating as badly as I underestimated.

This probably isn't his first close season being a jambo, so he's seen that it's what happens, and he's not got a reason to just choose to ignore the past as it doesn't suit him!

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Like you I think a lot of those who post the most hardly ever go to games or are possibly feeble minded.

Not a very nice thing to say about TMT. Better watch he doesn't report you for abuse.

Is anybody else still waiting on their season ticket. Our seats got re-numbered in the Main stand, so not sure if they have still to be sent out, or whether weve been missed. 

scott herbertson
37 minutes ago, daftie said:

Is anybody else still waiting on their season ticket. Our seats got re-numbered in the Main stand, so not sure if they have still to be sent out, or whether weve been missed. 

only got my renumbered one a few days ago (they didn't tell all of us, but had moved our seats)

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So what’s your new prediction? We’re not far away from 12k. I’m only predicting an extra 1-2k of sales over around six weeks. You’re presumably predicting less than 1k? I’m pretty sure that prediction will be shown up as quickly as your last.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So what’s your new prediction? We’re not far away from 12k. I’m only predicting an extra 1-2k of sales over around six weeks. You’re presumably predicting less than 1k? I’m pretty sure that prediction will be shown up as quickly as your last.

Given the speed at which they are selling, according to the dot counters, I'd say 12,600.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given the speed at which they are selling, according to the dot counters, I'd say 12,600.

I think I guessed at 12,875 a couple of weeeks ago. I'd revise that upward now to 13,000 by the time single tickets go on sale. 13,250 by first day of season (though we wont know how many then as dot counts not possible0

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There is no incentive on a personal basis to shell out £500 prior to the 1st League game apart from keeping/selecting a seat in the stadium**. On the other hand it helps financial decision makers at the club if fans buy earlier than the above.

There are still 2 monthly pay days still left to encourage additional ST sales.

Another important factor will be the announcement of new signings & their perceived quality with a lesser factor being a good start to the season via 4 wins in League Cup.

**Anyone renewing early also had the chance to buy "prime seats" for the 2 League Cup home matches:whistling:

PS. I'm one of the 11500+ dafties who has already renewed:thumbsup:

Edited by 2205ian

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So, you don't think  "pay days/ weeks" and signing of new players will give it a boost? 

Time will tell I guess. 

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The speed varies though, because of various factors already mentioned - signings, paydays etc.

Personally I usually get mine nearer the last minute (I'm sure this is quite common) as I don't see the point in spending money before I have to (although this year I have stupidly bought already!).

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I think I guessed at 12,875 a couple of weeeks ago. I'd revise that upward now to 13,000 by the time single tickets go on sale. 13,250 by first day of season (though we wont know how many then as dot counts not possible0

Amazing figures really when you think this exceeds or equals our average crowds in many seasons during my time as fan 1970 onwards.

Bazzas right boot

So many posters willing us to be down on numbers, Tragic. 

Independence
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Not Hearts fans though in the majority of cases. The down side of social media.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No one is "willing" anything. Stop talking pish Tosh.

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Are we averaging only 16 sales a day? Even if we are we will see some form of surge on pay days and signings. We will also have a number of folk kidding themselves on that they won’t get a season ticket. Fixtures come out. Wife starts suggesting DIY & Shopping trips. Tynecastle it is ...

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Are we averaging only 16 sales a day? Even if we are we will see some form of surge on pay days and signings. We will also have a number of folk kidding themselves on that they won’t get a season ticket. Fixtures come out. Wife starts suggesting DIY & Shopping trips. Tynecastle it is ...

Potentially. I know I've not had a season ticket for quite a while but I've never got the thinking of waiting till the last minute. Perhaps that is because I built the cost into the home budget. Ho hum.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one is "willing" anything. Stop talking pish Tosh.

Keep pretending. 

Folk are drooling at the thought of numbers being down and then blaming CL. 

Thankfully numbers will be strong-again, showing that most of us are Hearts fans first and support the club no matter what. 

Fair weather supporters are in every support, only get behind the team when winning. 

A sixth place  finish maybe too hard to stomach for the few fient hearted. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He knows this, he's just hoping numbers are low, like others to prove a point about fans being fed up with CL. 

Thankfully, we are a Hardy bunch and ready to go again. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's nothing. Have you seen our new Team Bus?

pride bus.jpg

I laugh but I know its coming.

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He knows this, he's just hoping numbers are low, like others to prove a point about fans being fed up with CL. 

Thankfully, we are a Hardy bunch and ready to go again. 

No, no I'm not. Stop projecting pish.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, no I'm not. Stop projecting pish.

I'm not projecting. 

I've taken the general feeling of your posts across various threads, your content, your feelings towards CL and came to a personal conclusion. 

I may ofc be wrong, but your continued negative drivel leads me down that path. 

?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'm not projecting. 

I've taken the general feeling of your posts across various threads, your content, your feelings towards CL and came to a personal conclusion. 

I may ofc be wrong, but your continued negative drivel leads me down that path. 

?

Why is it negative drivel?  Because it’s a difference of opinion to yourself and your blind faith drivel I’m guessing?