Christ the Lord has risen today!

ri Alban

59 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Two American intellectual heavyweights slugging it out on Kickback. 

Praise be. I love this place. 

:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

And both Trump loving Republicans ! 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

• Bridge of Djoum

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1556309388675.thumb.jpg.6faba34993338abdcb2eca7f43d44023.jpg

3819 is the one true God's number so I've heard, or was it 2755, often get the two mixed up.  ?

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1556309388675.thumb.jpg.6faba34993338abdcb2eca7f43d44023.jpg

5001 including Geoff the Mince's third leg, as many an eastern European tennis starlet will attest. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

5001 including Geoff the Mince's third leg, as many an eastern European tennis starlet will attest. 

Think you've gotten that a wee bit addled, Grand Moff

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Think you've gotten that a wee bit addled, Grand Moff

So you've met Geoff. 

:sadrobbo:

41 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Why does the date change every year?

Because there were years when Jesus was busy and could only buy his chocolate eggs at a later date.

Hope this clears everything up

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Jeff said:

Because there were years when Jesus was busy and could only buy his chocolate eggs at a later date.

:laugh:

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

So you don’t know either 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

So you don’t know either 

If you're going to be like that then I'll do the 'google' for you.

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ's death and resurrection occurred at the time of the Jewish Passover, which was celebrated on the first Full Moon following the vernal equinox. This soon led to Christians celebrating Easter on different dates.

Have a smashing day with this newfound shite info

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If you're going to be like that then I'll do the 'google' for you.

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ's death and resurrection occurred at the time of the Jewish Passover, which was celebrated on the first Full Moon following the vernal equinox. This soon led to Christians celebrating Easter on different dates.

Have a smashing day with this newfound shite info

JiH has never heard of google.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You were looking good yesterday sir ! 

Cause the King of some part of pre England agreed with his wife. It was between the  Irish and Roman date, the wife talked him into the Roman date of Easter. The Sunday after the first full moon after the equinox.

Edited by ri Alban

Geoff the Mince
57 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Did you see me?

yes in the tickets queue , about 50 people behind the group of guys wearing the Hi Vis .

Bridge of Djoum
On 24/04/2019 at 02:55, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The religious groom kids to believe in fairy stories.

So does Hibernian Football Club...

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

yes in the tickets queue , about 50 people behind the group of guys wearing the Hi Vis .

Yeh you probably did then

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Lettuce.

The answer is lettuce.

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The answer is lettuce. 

IMG_20190427_134056.png

Edited by Governor Tarkin

41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

IMG_20190427_134056.png

Obviously the Romaine Catholic Church. :wink:

Watt-Zeefuik
16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Cause the King of some part of pre England agreed with his wife. It was between the  Irish and Roman date, the wife talked him into the Roman date of Easter. The Sunday after the first full moon after the equinox.

*Most* of the time. It actually strictly follows a table set some long time ago which was intended to calculate this for every date in the future based on a certain calculation, but in fact deviates occasionally because astronomical measurements weren't as precise so it predicts the above date incorrectly some years. In the church, the table is considered authoritative in the Roman church because no one's bothered to go through the rather tedious process required to change official doctrine. The rest of the Western churches, being various forms of splits from the Roman church, follow the Roman date out of tradition.

Because of the deviation and because the Jewish lunar calendar follows a different tabular calculation, sometimes it corresponds with Passover and sometimes it does not.

And of course the Eastern church has a different set of calculations too.

I don't know of any major controversy where anyone thought it was important enough to get in a big fight over, but one probably exists. But for the most part, yes, it's a rather arbitrary date, and no one in the church seems to mind this too much or the fact that not everyone uses the same date.

12 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

*Most* of the time. It actually strictly follows a table set some long time ago which was intended to calculate this for every date in the future based on a certain calculation, but in fact deviates occasionally because astronomical measurements weren't as precise so it predicts the above date incorrectly some years. In the church, the table is considered authoritative in the Roman church because no one's bothered to go through the rather tedious process required to change official doctrine. The rest of the Western churches, being various forms of splits from the Roman church, follow the Roman date out of tradition.

Because of the deviation and because the Jewish lunar calendar follows a different tabular calculation, sometimes it corresponds with Passover and sometimes it does not.

And of course the Eastern church has a different set of calculations too.

I don't know of any major controversy where anyone thought it was important enough to get in a big fight over, but one probably exists. But for the most part, yes, it's a rather arbitrary date, and no one in the church seems to mind this too much or the fact that not everyone uses the same date.

? Cheers

King Oswiu minded.

Comedian Frank Skinner on atheists:

I have friends who are atheists. There's this mate of mine. He says, 'It's such rubbish. Come back to my flat and I'll make a cup of tea and we'll talk the whole thing through.' So I go back with him and he puts the kettle on. 'The thing is, Frank, the universe - it just happened. A big bang, an accident, no one made it happen. There's no great designer, no thought went into it or planning, it just happened - do you get it? ... Anyway, that cup of tea won't make itself.'

I said, 'Why not?'

?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Do all christians have 12 toes?

Only one extra toe on each foot is quite restrained in the world of Chris (Simpsons Artist). Look at how many Jesus has. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Do all christians have 12 toes?

You need 12 toes in order to get ten eggs, the same as the number of Commandments.

It's all quite logical, don't ya know?

Governor Tarkin
56 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You need 12 toes in order to get ten eggs, the same as the number of Commandments.

It's all quite logical, don't ya know?

You need to spell it out to these heathens, ML. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You need to spell it out to these heathens, ML. 

I went to infidel school actually, used to fight the kids from St Heathens at lunch time

Adam Murray

There'll be a few on here who can't wait for the pi55 taking of Ramadan this Sunday, and all the Muhammad cartoons and memes that go along with it...……………...oh wait ?

5 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

There'll be a few on here who can't wait for the pi55 taking of Ramadan this Sunday, and all the Muhammad cartoons and memes that go along with it...……………...oh wait ?

220px-South_park_muhammad.jpg

Ready to burn in Jahannam!

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

220px-South_park_muhammad.jpg

Ready to burn in Jahannam!

IMG_20190503_084049.jpg