• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• been here before

Robbo-Jambo

He is an arrogant pri*k and a lazy one at that.

Awful signing and he got a two year deal :cornette:

Vanacek , Wighton and McLean, three cracking signings by our manager.

Says a lot that we are only just discussing his goal celebrations almost a year into his hearts career.

Pish player way way past his mediocre best AND we have him for another year. Yey. 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Says a lot that we are only just discussing his goal celebrations almost a year into his hearts career.

Pish player way way past his mediocre best AND we have him for another year. Yey. 

This was what I was thinking. The guy is hopeless at pretty much everything. Why do they always end up at us? 

Clearly this matter to some people. Therefore it would make sense to publish a guide to every player's celebrations and their meanings in every match programme to cater to the more sensitive amongst the Hearts support. 

Other guides could include "Craig Levein's sense of humour: A guide for people with no sense of humour" and "Booing: When it helps (never) and when it doesn't (all the time)"

Bazzas right boot

Naismith, Goncalves, Mulraney, Clare and now Maclean have all said something or shown concerns v our fans. 

They all can't be wrong, obviously the vitriol is reaching the players and not helping for them to say something or show contempt against our fans. 

Wish said fans would aim the abuse at the other team rather than thier own, makes no sense to rip into your own on match day, very strange imo. 

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith, Goncalves, Mulraney, Clare and now Maclean have all said something or shown concerns v our fans. 

They all can't be wrong, obviously the vitriol is reaching the players and not helping for them to say something or show contempt against our fans. 

Wish said fans would aim the abuse at the other team rather than thier own, makes no sense to rip into your own on match day, very strange imo. 

What vitriol?   When players underperform they know they are going to face criticism, it's not unique to Hearts. These guys are well paid, and persuing a career where performance is everything. Do we really want Tynecastle to resemble a North Korean flag waving, happy clappy arena?

These consistant underperformers need to have a good honest look at themselves first and ask "could I being doing more?"  

Players who work their socks off generally get a lot of slack from the support, even when results are not going our way.

Incidentally, all of the above with exception to Naismith have deserved criticism at one time, and still deserve criticism. It's not by accident the Levein has had them in and out of the team.

It's been a poor league season whatever way you look at it. The cup is just a distraction from the bigger picture. The players deserve criticism and they should man up.

Edited by Hashimoto

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

What vitriol?   When players underperform they know they are going to face criticism, it's not unique to Hearts. These guys are well paid, and persuing a career where performance is everything. Do we really want Tynecastle to resemble a North Korean flag waving, happy clappy arena?

These consistant underperformers need to have a good honest look at themselves first and ask "could I being doing more?"  

Players who work their socks off generally get a lot of slack from the support, even when results are not going our way.

Incidentally, all of the above with exception to Naismith have deserved criticism at one time, and still deserve criticism. It's not by accident the Levein has had them in and out of the team.

It's been a poor league season whatever way you look at it. The cup is just a distraction from the bigger picture. The players deserve criticism and they should man up.

Criticism during  the game is not helpful especially when some middle aged bampot shouts directly at our own. 

Personal vitriol - in Goncalves and Mulraney case it was aimed at family. Not helpful. 

I've also heard bile shouted at our own. 

Debating stuff after the game, call folk whatever, fair enough. 

Man up? Imo it's the individual supporters that are being a bit cowardly,  a grown man shouting at another grown man, telling them to gtf etc from a stand. 

That's cowardly and imo not helpful. 

Anyway, worse teams, for example the team in 90's that flirted with relegation got more support and the shouting was saved for the opposition, not our own. 

We have a final to look forward to folk should stoap greetin and get behind the team at least until then

If you aren't going to the games or not renewing because your in the huff, then adios.

And if you're going to the game just to shout at our own you'd be better to gtf as you're not helping. 

All imo. 

Phil Dunphy

Whether or not his celebration was aimed at us, his dad, Alan McGregor or a seagull, he needs emptied. 

An absolutely rotten footballer and absolutely baffling that he’s managed to end up at Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Whether or not his celebration was aimed at us, his dad, Alan McGregor or a seagull, he needs emptied. 

An absolutely rotten footballer and absolutely baffling that he’s managed to end up at Hearts. 

Levein likes players with knee injuries that can't run.

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Levein likes players with knee injuries that can't run, don’t have a first touch, often kill an attack by being a yard offside, bring others into play or score that many goals  

FTFY. 

Very intelligent player.

Set up and scored our only goal in a difficult game. Looking forward to the link up with Naismith and Uche next season.

:verysmug:

• 5 months later...
Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Been sent this by a Saints supporting mate. Felt appropriate to post here

received_2355765164677814.jpeg.269f7d7a8abd4c522d2228f906e929da.jpeg

No-one under 60 should wear a bunnet.

Also like the guy bottom right not even looking at McLean, just staring forlornly into the distance like he's just seen the future and it involves a last minute equaliser and 3 missed penalties. "Hello darkness my old friend"...

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

The GiF that’s kicking about on here of MacLeans celebration last night, looks like he call the hearts fans ****s 

I think he just hates everyone tbf. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The GiF that’s kicking about on here of MacLeans celebration last night, looks like he call the hearts fans ****s 

"stars"?

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Odd fella

But motivated, and I think he is a clever forward (not every game though) he'll get you 10 goals at most a season probably

Cant remember who, but I remember reading a boxer saying that every time you walk to the ring before a big fight you get a rager. Maybe something in that after all.

Apart from anything else though, do we really need another pole on JKB? 🙄

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Behind his left hand. Is that a child giving him the finger?

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Behind his left hand. Is that a child giving him the finger?

It’s hard to see. The forlorn Aberdeen player is obstructing the view of Hickeys hands. 

I'm sure , at one point , he went over to McInnes and appeared to 'get in his face' somewhat .

Not the same but reminded me of Hamill bringing down Derek Adams .

I enjoyed both incidents

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 20/04/2019 at 14:00, dazajmbo said:

A GIRUY to the Hearts fans who have had to endure his sub standard performances for months. 

Acting like that to your own support? Get out of this club.

One of the worst players we’ve ever had 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Steven MacLean is not in the top 20 worst players we’ve had.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Steven MacLean is not in the top 20 worst players we’ve had.

He must be close. There’s genuinely nothing he does well

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He must be close. There’s genuinely nothing he does well

I think you’re being incredibly harsh based on some of the dross we’ve signed in recent times. MacLean clearly hasn’t got the legs to run about the park but he’s still extremely intelligent on the pitch and takes up some good positions. Look at the game last season at ER when we drew 1-1 with Uche equalising, the game changed when MacLean came on.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I think you’re being incredibly harsh based on some of the dross we’ve signed in recent times. MacLean clearly hasn’t got the legs to run about the park but he’s still extremely intelligent on the pitch and takes up some good positions. Look at the game last season at ER when we drew 1-1 with Uche equalising, the game changed when MacLean came on.

His touch is shocking. He can’t control the ball. He was good once but not anymore.

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

His touch is shocking. He can’t control the ball. He was good once but not anymore.

Okay so in the past few years you rate him as a worse signing than Sowah, Martin, Sammon*, Avlonitis, Bikey and Wighton? That’s just a starting point.

To say he’s one of the worst players we’ve ever had is sheer nonsense he was actually extremely decent for us during our successful run early last season.

Edited by SteauaNeedarest

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Okay so in the past few years you rate him as a worse signing than Sowah, Martin, Sammon*, Avlonitis, Bikey and Wighton? That’s just a starting point.

To say he’s one of the worst players we’ve ever had is sheer nonsense he was actually extremely decent for us during our successful run early last season.

I don’t rate him much better than them. But that list alone shows what a woeful club we are. Utter shite signing, of which McLean is one

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t rate him much better than them. But that list alone shows what a woeful club we are. Utter shite signing, of which McLean is one

We are a woeful club? 😮

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No-one under 60 should wear a bunnet.

Also like the guy bottom right not even looking at McLean, just staring forlornly into the distance like he's just seen the future and it involves a last minute equaliser and 3 missed penalties. "Hello darkness my old friend"...

😂👍🏻

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl: no he’s not. We’ve had some utter guff over the years..

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Steven MacLean played for Rangers 

Hence being hated by Aberdeen fans. Hence his celebration. Probably. 

Was he not just copying exactly what Cosgrove did to the Hearts fans after scoring their first penalty? A bit of GIRUY to the sheep.

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Of course he isn’t. Post-facts JKB at its finest. :lol: 

8 hours ago, RS86 said:

Anyone else feel the guy next to the kid in the red Champion hoodie could've put a bit more effort into it?

Captain Sausage
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Poster IQ lower than MacLeans goal count this season. 

😂😂😂😂 Hickeys winner at the weekend is still hurting this one

Not even close.  He was probably only signed as a back up player with Levein thinking he would make a good coach after playing.  Our horrific injuries have meant he has played a lot.  Lacks pace now but he does good things for the team and works hard.  Don't mind him.

gorgie rd eh11
On 20/04/2019 at 14:00, dazajmbo said:

A GIRUY to the Hearts fans who have had to endure his sub standard performances for months. 

Acting like that to your own support? Get out of this club.

:lol: