Keena and Morrison out for the season

CJGJ

7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

To be fair, that's the only knees most people have!

You just Baracked, Barack, with that joke!   :lol: 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jammy T

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• JamboGraham

• i8hibsh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Why have Hearts had so many injuries this season?

Is it the fault of the;

medical dept

nutritionists

physios

training regime too hard

physically weak players

artificial surfaces at training centre

mentally weak players

players throwing a ‘sickie’

or

just bad luck????

Physios most likely

I sometimes wonder if the boots are to blame, never heard of so many injured players, maybe Blades instead of Studs might have something to do with it, who knows. Something isn't right.

Another way out thought... plastic or synthetic boots instead of the old fashioned leather, combined with plastic or hybrid pitches. Is it possible that static electricity could be causing problems with leg muscles etc? Just a thought.

Edited by jim747

Injury news today re cup final probably works in our favour. Keena and Morrison our for us and Christie now def out for them. Christie probably a bigger miss for them than Morrison and Keena for us based on contribution this season. We just need USA to call up Weah for u-20 tournament as reported yesterday. 

BACK TO THE FUTURE
9 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Not suggesting it's related to training. But the number of non contact injuries, particularly knee injuries is a concern. Surely needs to be looked at.

I have said this for ages,the amount of non contact injuries is very worrying.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, been here before said:

The training pitches at the Oriam. Are they natural or hybrid?

Swamp with broken bottles and holes. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Injury news today re cup final probably works in our favour. Keena and Morrison our for us and Christie now def out for them. Christie probably a bigger miss for them than Morrison and Keena for us based on contribution this season. We just need USA to call up Weah for u-20 tournament as reported yesterday. 

Christie out means Rogic will play. 

Fabby. ?

The Club must have done some kind of statistical analysis on the amount and type of injuries we've been getting. Calling us 'unlucky', doesn't work. 

Definitely a question for the AGM.  

48 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

The Club must have done some kind of statistical analysis on the amount and type of injuries we've been getting. Calling us 'unlucky', doesn't work. 

Definitely a question for the AGM.  

The question was asked at the last AGM and Levein went into great detail about all the injuries; every one different

We need to sign another 22 players this summer. If 17 of them get injured then at least we can add 5 to the first team. 

5 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Ryan Christie out for the season as well. Limits their options a bit. 

As someone has already alluded to,Rogic to come in.Better player in my opinion.

Somebody recently ran a list of how this is nothing to do with our training methods due to the manner in which the majority of the injuries have occurred 

I find it genuinely bizarre that fans of a club are so keen to so regularly try and stick a knife in the back of the club they support.

Weird

Edited by Jammy T

Laughable anyone saying this is down to training or the ability of of medical staff. This is real life, every injury has been different and hardly any during training. Factor of football stop trying to dig out negatives within the clubs set up 

queensferryjambo
11 hours ago, reaths17 said:

jimmy dunne got injured before he left

Everyone is talking about non contact injuries and the way we train being the cause of injuries.

I can't speak for all of the injuries on the list or claim to know what caused them (like the experts on here ;) ).

I do know Dunne was injured in training by an overzealous challenge in by one of our younger players.

Uche was injured when a Motherwell player stood on his foot and he turned one way and the Motherwell player turned the other thus damaging the top of his foot with the stud of his opponents boot. Lots of people still think it was the challenge with the Motherwell keeper but it wasn't.

Haring had a hernia issue (possibly before he signed for us?).

Berra tore a hamstring which we all saw in the Celtic game and he was clearly lunging to try to block a shot at goal.

So without having any real knowledge of the rest of the injuries can anyone else break them down into what they were and if they were definitely non contact and caused by training please?

Clerry Jambo
46 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Ryan Christie out for the season as well. Limits their options a bit. 

Thumb could be back

Queensferry - somebody already did on another anti-club conspiracy thread and proved the conspiracy theorists were talking bullshit.

Cant remember the thread properly but I’m sure that poster will be along soon enough.

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Thumb could be back

He hasn’t done so well against us recently and he’ll be massively out of match fitness.

Not as worried about Thumb as I used to be.

Edited by Jammy T

12 hours ago, Barack said:

What, in the blue monkey's cock...?

Roll up David Vanecek & Malaury Martin...

Is he finally going to redeem himself...?  ?

h-e-a-r-t-s

With Naismith and Keena ruled out for the final, the script is written for Vanecek to score his first goal for Hearts in the dying minutes of the final to lift the trophy 

Hearts 2 - 1 Celtic 

Lee (44), Vanecek (89), Brown (56)

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Christie out means Rogic will play. 

Fabby. ?

Yet to prove he is over his injury but the more they have out the merrier. 

18Jambo_dave74

Whilst I probably wouldn't have either player in a first choice team at the moment it is a blow to lose them both as they both offer a bit of pace/energy that we sorely lack in the squad. Would have been useful to have them on the bench to call on. 

50 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Somebody recently ran a list of how this is nothing to do with our training methods due to the manner in which the majority of the injuries have occurred 

I find it genuinely bizarre that fans of a club are so keen to so regularly try and stick a knife in the back of the club they support.

Weird

Yes, part and parcel of a growing issue we have. Flares, coins, trouble in N and G, bother at away matches, supposed self-inflicted injuries (by the manager), continual negativity on here etc. 

Hard to believe changing the manager will sort out all or any of those medium to long term. 

Levein is quoted today that we are going to review our training processes to see if there is an underlying issue....

I’ve never heard of anything like this before  so would appear that the club are now genuinely concerned and that there could, and I stress could, be a problem behind the scenes.

If true, incompetence doesn’t even begin to cover it and we may have contributed to our own downfall this season.

27 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

With Naismith and Keena ruled out for the final, the script is written for Vanecek to score his first goal for Hearts in the dying minutes of the final to lift the trophy 

Hearts 2 - 1 Celtic 

When was naismith ruled out?

49 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Everyone is talking about non contact injuries and the way we train being the cause of injuries.

I can't speak for all of the injuries on the list or claim to know what caused them (like the experts on here ;) ).

I do know Dunne was injured in training by an overzealous challenge in by one of our younger players.

Uche was injured when a Motherwell player stood on his foot and he turned one way and the Motherwell player turned the other thus damaging the top of his foot with the stud of his opponents boot. Lots of people still think it was the challenge with the Motherwell keeper but it wasn't.

Haring had a hernia issue (possibly before he signed for us?).

Berra tore a hamstring which we all saw in the Celtic game and he was clearly lunging to try to block a shot at goal.

So without having any real knowledge of the rest of the injuries can anyone else break them down into what they were and if they were definitely non contact and caused by training please?

Contact or no contact makes little difference. A poor training regime makes a player liable to pick up any type of injury.

Jambo 4 Ever

Get Vanecek playing every game til final -- and don't give him any time off - he needs to work his arcse off to get back in the team and make it up to the fans who ultimately pay his wages.

Ban him from social media too

Just now, jambosdad said:

Morrison was injured playing in reserve game.

Not aware of where Keena picked up injury.

Keena picked up the injury in the semi final last week.

59 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Hearts 2 - 1 Celtic 

Woah woah, what have I missed. Naismith ruled out for the final? Levein said last week he could be back for it.

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Not suggesting it's related to training. But the number of non contact injuries, particularly knee injuries is a concern. Surely needs to be looked at.

Morrison picked his injury up in a reserve game not sure where Keena got his though.

How people are still of the delusion that it has nothing to do with medical team or coaching staff is beyond me.

It is like everyday 30 people eat at the same restaurant and people keep getting food poisoning and no-one is even questioning the restaurant, chef or food.  It's the stuff they buy outside the restaurant that is making them ill ffs!

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Morrison picked his injury up in a reserve game not sure where Keena got his though.

Might be a long term issue

Keena was subbed due to injury on Saturday 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How people are still of the delusion that it has nothing to do with medical team or coaching staff is beyond me.

It is like everyday 30 people eat at the same restaurant and people keep getting food poisoning and no-one is even questioning the restaurant, chef or food.  It's the stuff they buy outside the restaurant that is making them ill ffs!

Absolute shite as usual.

1 hour ago, fatlad said:

Laughable anyone saying this is down to training or the ability of of medical staff. This is real life, every injury has been different and hardly any during training. Factor of football stop trying to dig out negatives within the clubs set up 

Just because the injuries are different doesn't mean something else isn't increasing people's likelihood to pick up injuries. Surely you know that yourself in your own life; if you overtrain, have a poor diet or insufficient recovery you start to pick up more injuries and they are not always the same. What might usually be a couple of days off with bruising can turn into long terms set backs if not handled correctly or recovery when training was poor; the number of these injuries that are turning into long periods out should be of concern.

That being said, I think this is just bad luck but it would be unprofessional for the club not to look into it to see if something was increasing our players susceptibility to injuries. Which I'm sure they have done.

Edited by Taffin

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

download.jpg

That must be you because I know they medical and physio team are excellent. 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That must be you because I know they medical and physio team are excellent. 

As the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding".

The pudding is constantly injured.  Even at youth level.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, i8hibsh said:

As the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding".

The pudding is constantly injured.  Even at youth level.

You are talking absolute bollox as usual and yet again trying to blame the club. You should just sod off and whine about another sport. You clearly hate HMFC and football (not that you know much about either). 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

You are talking absolute bollox as usual and yet again trying to blame the club. You should just sod off and whine about another sport. You clearly hate HMFC and football (not that you know much about either). 

Yeah, you got me  - I hate HMFC.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, you got me  - I hate HMFC.

Anyone reading your gash posts over the years would be hard pressed to think otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Anyone reading your gash posts over the years would be hard pressed to think otherwise. 

I just criticise when due and compliment when due.  Imo the medical staff and the coaching staff are not fit for purpose.

JamboGraham
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Imo the medical staff and the coaching staff are not fit for purpose.

And I will ask again as you disappeared after posting similar on a previous thread. Which similar resourced club, in your opinion, have medical and coaching staff fit for purpose and what specifically have you observed them doing which we should replicate?

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

And I will ask again as you disappeared after posting similar on a previous thread. Which similar resourced club, in your opinion, have medical and coaching staff fit for purpose and what specifically have you observed them doing which we should replicate?

I would say most as no-one seems to have our 'bad luck'.

Bad luck

:gok:

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would say most as no-one seems to have our 'bad luck'.

Bad luck

:gok:

It looks like you have attached an image instead of an answer by mistake. Do you need me to rephrase?

Edited by JamboGraham