Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toggie88

European Elections - How will you vote?

European Elections  

160 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will you be voting for in the European elections?

    • The Brexit Party
      21
    • Conservative
      4
    • Change UK
      6
    • Greens
      7
    • Labour
      12
    • Liberal Democrats
      5
    • SNP
      82
    • UKIP
      1
    • St Johnstone
      22


Recommended Posts

ri Alban
17 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

:laugh:

 

Don't worry it's like masturbating while choking yourself, you try it once to see what it's like then find out it's too far beyond your comfort zone.... 

And it was at that moment, Al realised...   he'd fecked up.

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
6 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

 

You do yourself no favours with nonsense like this. Say what you like, but the SNP have done plenty things since they've came to power - if in doubt, count the number of bridges across the Forth. 

Built one bridge while dividing a country completely.

 

As for the SNP's other 'achievements', you forgot to add fecking up the education system, the health service, the police, having the  lowest growth in the UK, horrendous GERS figures and continuing to rely on the Barnet formula from the awful English to pay for all the wonderful freebies we get like prescriptions .

 

Anything else to add?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre

PS. Any news on the currency question yet?

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
5 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Built one bridge while dividing a country completely.

 

As for the SNP's other 'achievements', you forgot to add fecking up the education system, the health service, the police, having the  lowest growth in the UK, horrendous GERS figures and continuing to rely on the Barnet formula from the awful English to pay for all the wonderful freebies we get like prescriptions .

 

Anything else to add?

Aye, you don't half talk a lot of shite.

 

Votes for Brexit but votes against Scotland doing the same.  How's that Tory mob doing for the country, backed by the UDA and unopposed by Labour.

 

 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

As always I'll vote for the party that best serves the interests of Scotland and her people, all of her people, even the ones that weren't born here, you know the ones having to fill in papers to be allowed to stay here, despite paying into the Scottish economy and adding to the fabric of Scottish society. Yeah that'll be the horrible divisive, flag waving, single policy SNP. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
12 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

PS. Any news on the currency question yet?

Yes, we'll keep the Scottish pound. And you better check your growth figures.

 

Oh and as for Barnett, that'll be the UK government overspending on Scotland's behalf on things that Scotland don't want or need. War, WMD, HS2,3 Heathrow, Brexit, bedroom tax, Wm and the English royal family. I'm sure our oil fund will kick in soon, oh wait, it's rebuilt London.

 

 

 

What else have you got, Sir John of the Scotsman.

 

 

Anyway, I hope your brexit dreams are crushed when Scotland rejoins post independence 2021.

 

 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

:pleasing:poll results

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toggie88

 

 

2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Built one bridge while dividing a country completely.

 

As for the SNP's other 'achievements', you forgot to add fecking up the education system, the health service, the police, having the  lowest growth in the UK, horrendous GERS figures and continuing to rely on the Barnet formula from the awful English to pay for all the wonderful freebies we get like prescriptions .

 

Anything else to add?

 

Aye, all they've done in 12 years is build one bridge.. Have a word. 

 

'Fecking up the education system' - How have they done this? By removing tuition fees? By building or refurbishing over 750 schools? By extending free childcare? 

 

Health Service - Free prescriptions? Personal care for the elderly? Baby boxes? Reduction in waiting times? 

 

Lowest growth in the UK - this simply isn't true. In Q4 of 2018 Scottish growth outpaced that of the UK as a whole https://www2.gov.scot/Resource/0054/00546816.pdf. For 2018 as a whole, growth in Scotland was the exact same as the whole UK. 

While there might be a financial quarter where the UK as a whole grew more than Scotland, I highly highly doubt we're the lowest growth in the whole of the UK. 

 

The Police - crime at record lows and more Police on the beat? 

 

Barnett Formula - The SNP were campaigning for years for the Barnett formula to be scrapped and still want it scrapped! It's the consistent failure by successive UK Governments to reform how finances work in the UK. 

 

Now, I'm not going to say that everything in Scotland is perfect. It obviously isn't. However, I think that's the SNP's point - they want to be able to improve things but it's difficult with one hand tied behind your back.

You moan about fiscal responsibility, but main economic levers still remain controlled by Westminster. 

You say Scots are subsidised by the English, but don't think we should end that by allowing full financial powers to controlled by the Scottish Parliament. 

Pick a lane. 

 

 

 

Edited by Toggie88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:pleasing:poll results

 

 

The normal turnout for these elections are round about the 30% mark, be lucky if its 20% for this one.

More money down the toilet paying for this .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

The normal turnout for these elections are round about the 30% mark, be lucky if its 20% for this one.

More money down the toilet paying for this .

Na I reckon all the leavers will vote Ukip or BNP or whatever the farage party is called, Hazza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

 

 

 

Aye, all they've done in 12 years is build one bridge.. Have a word. 

 

'Fecking up the education system' - How have they done this? By removing tuition fees? By building or refurbishing over 750 schools? By extending free childcare? 

 

Health Service - Free prescriptions? Personal care for the elderly? Baby boxes? Reduction in waiting times? 

 

Lowest growth in the UK - this simply isn't true. In Q4 of 2018 Scottish growth outpaced that of the UK as a whole https://www2.gov.scot/Resource/0054/00546816.pdf. For 2018 as a whole, growth in Scotland was the exact same as the whole UK. 

While there might be a financial quarter where the UK as a whole grew more than Scotland, I highly highly doubt we're the lowest growth in the whole of the UK. 

 

The Police - crime at record lows and more Police on the beat? 

 

Barnett Formula - The SNP were campaigning for years for the Barnett formula to be scrapped and still want it scrapped! It's the consistent failure by successive UK Governments to reform how finances work in the UK. 

 

Now, I'm not going to say that everything in Scotland is perfect. It obviously isn't. However, I think that's the SNP's point - they want to be able to improve things but it's difficult with one hand tied behind your back.

You moan about fiscal responsibility, but main economic levers still remain controlled by Westminster. 

You say Scots are subsidised by the English, but don't think we should end that by allowing full financial powers to controlled by the Scottish Parliament. 

Pick a lane. 

 

 

 

 

Extended to all ages since April 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SE16 3LN
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Na I reckon all the leavers will vote Ukip or BNP or whatever the farage party is called, Hazza.

Leads in a YouGov poll apparently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
On 15/04/2019 at 13:09, NANOJAMBO said:

Living in England (in a rabid Tory area) I'll vote LibDem if the Greens aren't standing in my locality. Labour can die as far as I'm concerned.  

 

I stay in a Lib Dem area but last election I voted Green Party. The seat is up for election again but I will proyally vote Lib Dem as Wera Hobhouse is a bloody good MP. She's the one who got up skirting (taking pics up ladies skirts)  made illegal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toggie88

I think people are confusing this with a general election. MEPs are elected on regional lists, Scotland is one constituency. Westminster constituencies don't matter and there is no 'Tory/Lib Dem/Labour/SNP areas'.

 

Tactical voting shouldn't be a thing, as the only tactic is to vote for the party you want to get elected. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Na I reckon all the leavers will vote Ukip or BNP or whatever the farage party is called, Hazza.

 

Including the 300k plus SNP supporters who voted to leave the EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
8 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

 

 

 

Aye, all they've done in 12 years is build one bridge.. Have a word. 

 

'Fecking up the education system' - How have they done this? By removing tuition fees? By building or refurbishing over 750 schools? By extending free childcare? 

 

Health Service - Free prescriptions? Personal care for the elderly? Baby boxes? Reduction in waiting times? 

 

Lowest growth in the UK - this simply isn't true. In Q4 of 2018 Scottish growth outpaced that of the UK as a whole https://www2.gov.scot/Resource/0054/00546816.pdf. For 2018 as a whole, growth in Scotland was the exact same as the whole UK. 

While there might be a financial quarter where the UK as a whole grew more than Scotland, I highly highly doubt we're the lowest growth in the whole of the UK. 

 

The Police - crime at record lows and more Police on the beat? 

 

Barnett Formula - The SNP were campaigning for years for the Barnett formula to be scrapped and still want it scrapped! It's the consistent failure by successive UK Governments to reform how finances work in the UK. 

 

Now, I'm not going to say that everything in Scotland is perfect. It obviously isn't. However, I think that's the SNP's point - they want to be able to improve things but it's difficult with one hand tied behind your back.

You moan about fiscal responsibility, but main economic levers still remain controlled by Westminster. 

You say Scots are subsidised by the English, but don't think we should end that by allowing full financial powers to controlled by the Scottish Parliament. 

Pick a lane. 

 

 

 

How will Scotland replace the Barnet formula money then? Selling more whisky and shortbread?

 

Answers along with the currency question, please.

 

Nothing you have listed, prescriptions, health care for the elderly etc (what about the shocking state of mental care in Scotland)  would exist without the subsidy of the English taxpayer. 

 

All these 'enlightened policies' are paid for in the main by a far too tolerant England. They'll disappear quicker than rats up a pipe  if your dream is achieved and find out they can no longer be afforded. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Na I reckon all the leavers will vote Ukip or BNP or whatever the farage party is called, Hazza.

 

You could well be right, as a poll commissioned by the People's Vote campaign for a second referendum has revealed the following.

Brexit Party (Farage) = 27%

Labour = 22%

Tories = 15%

Greens = 10%

Lib Dems = 9%

Ukip = 7%

Change UK = 6%

SNP/Plaid Cymru = 4%

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farages-brexit-party-could-win-european-elections-poll-11696217

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

How will Scotland replace the Barnet formula money then? Selling more whisky and shortbread?

 

Answers along with the currency question, please.

 

Nothing you have listed, prescriptions, health care for the elderly etc (what about the shocking state of mental care in Scotland)  would exist without the subsidy of the English taxpayer. 

 

All these 'enlightened policies' are paid for in the main by a far too tolerant England. They'll disappear quicker than rats up a pipe  if your dream is achieved and find out they can no longer be afforded. 

 

 

Give it 30 years or so and safe drinking water will be the most precious and valuable resource on earth (it already is TBH) Something Scotland are utterly blessed with in comparison to England

 

Loch Ness has twice as much water than both Wales and England alone. We have 31 thousand lochs most of which are unused and we have a very small population in comparison    

 

Guess who is going to be begging who when the wells run dry in good old England.  They are already having problems in certain areas of England. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

Give it 30 years or so and safe drinking water will be the most precious and valuable resource on earth (it already is TBH) Something Scotland are utterly blessed with in comparison to England

 

Loch Ness has twice as much water than both Wales and England alone. We have 31 thousand lochs most of which are unused and we have a very small population in comparison    

 

Guess who is going to be begging who when the wells run dry in good old England.  They are already having problems in certain areas of England. 

It will come down to natural resources in years to come IMO.

Water will be huge, so will energy. Our sparse density of population and relative abundance of resources puts us in a great place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scallywag

SNP....the Unionist Trolls are clearly worried, and they should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prince Buaben

St Johnstone ...

 

My faith in politicians is low at the moment so believe Tommy Wright to do a better job.

 

although I think in honesty I’d vote SNP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It will come down to natural resources in years to come IMO.

Water will be huge, so will energy. Our sparse density of population and relative abundance of resources puts us in a great place. 

Aye, but, the wind and watter is gonnae run oot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, but, the wind and watter is gonnae run oot.

So you are finally admitting the case for indy is all wind and water.

 

Just as the majority of people in Scotland thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
26 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

So you are finally admitting the case for indy is all wind and water.

 

Just as the majority of people in Scotland thought.

The case for indy, is democracy, plain and simple. If the case for the union was strength in numbers, you would have voted, remain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The case for indy, is democracy, plain and simple. If the case for the union was strength in numbers, you would have voted, remain.

You haven't got a clue about why or who I vote for the way I do.

 

Ask the same question to the 300k plus Nats who voted Leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You haven't got a clue about why or who I vote for the way I do.

 

Ask the same question to the 300k plus Nats who voted Leave.

You said on here you voted leave. Was that not a big enough clue.

 

I have more respect for Indy yes voters who voted leave and No voters who voted remain. (I voted remain to help spark the Indyref2) Than utter #£#££s who voted no to Scottish Independence and voted to leave. Well... 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
9 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You haven't got a clue about why or who I vote for the way I do.

You like to  dress up like a (insert word) and do sponsored walks in the summer. You love Royalty, you're a Protestant who has never seen the  inside of a Kirk. Or you're a British Nationalist who hates the concept of Scotland.

I don't know Sir John of the Scotsman, you tell me.

Quote

 

Ask the same question to the 300k plus Nats who voted Leave.

They'll be fine, the SNP would have to be elected post independence on a mandate of EU membership. But I think we'll be busy.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

You like to  dress up like a (insert word) and do sponsored walks in the summer. You love Royalty, you're a Protestant who has never seen the  inside of a Kirk. Or you're a British Nationalist who hates the concept of Scotland.

I don't know Sir John of the Scotsman, you tell me.

They'll be fine, the SNP would have to be elected post independence on a mandate of EU membership. But I think we'll be busy.

 

One day you might just be right about something.

 

But I won't hold my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You said on here you voted leave. Was that not a big enough clue.

 

I have more respect for Indy yes voters who voted leave and No voters who voted remain. (I voted remain to help spark the Indyref2) Than utter #£#££s who voted no to Scottish Independence and voted to leave. Well... 

 

Once again, you make it clear you haven't got a clue about anything. Have you ever considered that voting Leave may well have just been a protest vote for some people? Or are you just so acceptable of the establishment? Whether its at Holyrood or Westminster?

 

Anyway, that's it for now. You run away for the nursery. Careful you're not late.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
42 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

So you are finally admitting the case for indy is all wind and water.

 

Just as the majority of people in Scotland thought.

What's the actual case against indy, John. Not BS. Norway, Ireland, Finland, Australia, NZ and the list goes on are doing fine and only Norway has our resources per head.  

 

Would you like Scotland to be erased and only GB/UK to be used from now on. Because they tried that 300+ years ago. The EU is the best thing to happen to Scottish Independence hopes.

 

This my last post on the subject for now. This is an EU thread. I might sign up to the Scotsman and troll the life right oot the Nazis on there.

 

Bye, Sir John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
43 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You haven't got a clue about why or who I vote for the way I do.

 

Ask the same question to the 300k plus Nats who voted Leave.

I voted leave and a Nat. Still vote SNP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trapper John McIntyre
12 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I voted leave and a Nat. Still vote SNP. 

  At least you won one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

  At least you won one of them.

Democracy British sytle. Barry! I voted leave to expidite independence but I have always known that Scotland has the greatest resources in Europe and that's why Westminster needs us. I'm sure Westminster will look after our needs, after all they begged us to stay. Why? 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
On 17/04/2019 at 17:07, The Mighty Thor said:

It will come down to natural resources in years to come IMO.

Water will be huge, so will energy. Our sparse density of population and relative abundance of resources puts us in a great place. 

 

As it does where I am. Per capita, Uruguay has about 20 times as much water availability as the UK. This should give Uruguay and an independent Scotland a huge bargaining chip...

 

... Or alternatively, we'll both just be invaded. :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson

I see the All Things To All People Party are doing as well as ever, judging by the poll results... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
6 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Democracy British sytle. Barry! I voted leave to expidite independence but I have always known that Scotland has the greatest resources in Europe and that's why Westminster needs us. I'm sure Westminster will look after our needs, after all they begged us to stay. Why? 

Cause they need us to die in wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×