Harry Stone

magicjohnston

magicjohnston

Sorry if previously posted, but couldn’t see it. 

Few papers, including the daily record;

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiv_L3_6bnhAhVb5eAKHcTiB4MQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyrecord.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-transfer-news%2Fceltic-target-teen-hearts-keeper-14241366&psig=AOvVaw2F8M29FPhREHUHCOO6Si3y&ust=1554583776592774

that celtic face competition from Watford in signing the young hearts goalie. Can’t say I know much about him, apart from he looks incredibly tall for his age. Is he part of the performance school? Must be highly rated, wondered what our youth team knowledgeable posters think. Assuming hearts would be keen to retain him?

Well thats a nice way of tapping up one of our youngsters by the weegies. 

Conor Hazard not doing well enough for them? (Partick keeper on loan). 

Hope we lodge a complaint. No right to be tapping up our players via the media. Also, has a much better chance of making it here. Besides Tierney how many youngsters actually make it there? 

Hungry hippo

Hopefully we don't lose him but if we do it's important to remember that we pick upyoung players of similar age from smaller clubs so can't complain too much if it happens to us.

As always you'd hope that the prospect of better prospects of first team football would be enough to tempt him to stay.

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hope we lodge a complaint. No right to be tapping up our players via the media. Also, has a much better chance of making it here. Besides Tierney how many youngsters actually make it there? 

It’s not tapping up as such. He hasn’t signed a pro contract as he isn’t 17 yet.

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s not tapping up as such. He hasn’t signed a pro contract as he isn’t 17 yet.

Ugh. Horrible technicality. 

Hope the lad has good people round him to make the best decision for his long term career. 

StevenNaismith
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Ugh. Horrible technicality. 

Hope the lad has good people round him to make the best decision for his long term career. 

The best decision for his career would be to go to Watford but as a Hearts man I want him to stay.

It's the rules and sadly we have to work within them..if he goes to Watford we will have lost another top prospect to the English Premier League and we can at least say we may be doing things right at the young age group levels

I'd hate to see us lose him to Celtic but again money talks in many cases

We just need to keep developing the young talent and though we will lose one or two lets hope the majority stay the course and come through to our first team

SpruceBringsteen

Was there no a 15/16 year old from us bolted down south a year or so ago? Want to say Brighton or something. Assume if he's getting on ok, this lad will have heard.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Was there no a 15/16 year old from us bolted down south a year or so ago? Want to say Brighton or something. Assume if he's getting on ok, this lad will have heard.

Yeah I think he was the same age group as Harry and Anthony. IIRC some rumours floating about his dad getting a bit too pushy with him getting into the first team because Harry and Anthony were getting game time. Think it was Brighton

Could be shite though

4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Marc Leonard. No idea how hes doing.

Anyone?

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

The lads better away.

The Screwballs in our support don't do patience sadly.

This and this.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Tierney, Forrest and Callum McGregor. 3/11 of their first choice team. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, saxondale said:

This and this.

Yeh, I hope he goes to Celtic.

They don't have any screwballs in their support.

Footballfirst

IMO Harry is the best goalkeeping prospect we've had since Craig Gordon. He's tall and is exceptional catching cross balls.

He probably could have been full time before now but chose to stay on at school, being a smart lad academically (his dad is a professor of neurology among other titles and I think his mum is also a doctor). 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Anyone?

He's been in and out of Brighton's U18 side, sometimes as a sub.  May have an injury at the moment as he was subbed after 26 mins of his last appearance.

Footballfirst

One of our U15s was subject to a formal bid by Rangers a couple of months ago, but he declined to leave Hearts.

48 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Tierney, Forrest and Callum McGregor. 3/11 of their first choice team. 

Okay, 

Forrest - 27

McGregor - 25

Tierney* - 21

Fantastic reading. They maybe squeeze one out every 3/4 years despite pouring no doubt significant money in to it. 

You tally up celtics total academy grads to secure first team football versus pretty much any other club in the scottish top flight over say the last 10 years and its going to make grim reading. Standard might be higher, but surely the alleged higher standard of coaching would balance that out? Clearly it isn't all that, otherwise we'd be talking about Celtic in similar terms to Ajax as champions of youth development. 

*Just as a point of credit to them, Tierney is an absolutely tremendous player and an absolute gem that will net them serious cash if he decides to challenge himself down south.

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

IMO Harry is the best goalkeeping prospect we've had since Craig Gordon. He's tall and is exceptional catching cross balls.

He probably could have been full time before now but chose to stay on at school, being a smart lad academically (his dad is a professor of neurology among other titles and I think his mum is also a doctor). 

Spot on FF

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

One of our U15s was subject to a formal bid by Rangers a couple of months ago, but he declined to leave Hearts.

Good lad :)

allanwilson1970
7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Anyone?

Hardly starts for their u18s. He has not progressed at all. Bad move. 

Harry is outstanding and I am sure he will stay. His parents are both professors at royal hospital and very grounded.  I spoke to them before and they said Hearts is the best place for him. 

allanwilson1970
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

100 percent agree he is outstanding 

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Hardly starts for their u18s. He has not progressed at all. Bad move. 

Harry is outstanding and I am sure he will stay. His parents are both professors at royal hospital and very grounded.  I spoke to them before and they said Hearts is the best place for him. 

Excellent. I'm sure they're right!

David McCaig
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Does this make it more likely that he will stay, given he will be financially comfortable anyway, so not under pressure to make a quick buck.

You would assume the sensible option is potentially playing first team football as a teen at Hearts rather than disappearing into the ether down south.

Craig Gordon's career is certainly something to aspire to.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Does this make it more likely that he will stay, given he will be financially comfortable anyway, so not under pressure to make a quick buck.

You would assume the sensible option is potentially playing first team football as a teen at Hearts rather than disappearing into the ether down south.

Craig Gordon's career is certainly something to aspire to.

Would think if his parents are Professors they would certainly be keen for him to continue his education - likely therefore to depend on where he goes to Uni

So it's a choice between Oxford United and Cambridge City or Hearts.....

Finlay James
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

For any young goalie to be coming through the academy to be compared to Craig Gordon is likely the best compliment that they could receive.  Great to hear.

On a side note FF, I was hearing yesterday at the U18's game that Chris Hamilton is extremely highly regarded also.  Apparently, it's a commonly held view in the club that if he was taller, he would be with a top club down south.  What do you make of him?

Brighton Jambo
9 hours ago, OTT said:

To be fair didn’t Forrest and McGregor come through their academy.  At least they play first team football unlike any of our youngsters.  

Edit: I know Brandon is getting a few games now but I am not sure where all the others have gone. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kangaroo court in session. 

I doubt anything is set in stone. Paper talk

David McCaig
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Would think if his parents are Professors they would certainly be keen for him to continue his education - likely therefore to depend on where he goes to Uni

His Mum works at Heriot-Watt, so would he want to sacrifice a lift to work every morning ?

Nookie Bear

His parents are very educated so unlikely to be celtic-minded, so that’s a bonus. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

The best decision for his career would be to go to Watford but as a Hearts man I want him to stay.

His best decision would be to stay at Hearts. 

Seymour M Hersh

Edinburgh University has one of the best medical schools in the world. Just ask Dr Donald (Ducky) Mallard! ::troll::

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Edinburgh University has one of the best medical schools in the world. Just ask Dr Ducky Mallard::troll::

Worth a visit to the brilliant Surgeon's Hall museum - nearly inspired my daughter to go there for uni.

Let's hope Harry stone thinks so too

10 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Disappointing if he leaves to Celtic. If he goes to Watford or Celtic, are we due compensation?

I know it's a long time ago but I think we got £50k from Man U when David Gray went down there.

Losing a player of this potential shows why it's pointless developing your own players at huge expense.  There should be something written into football rules around the world that the developing club (hearts and spartans) get a percentage of the players wages until 23 years of age.

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

For any young goalie to be coming through the academy to be compared to Craig Gordon is likely the best compliment that they could receive.  Great to hear.

On a side note FF, I was hearing yesterday at the U18's game that Chris Hamilton is extremely highly regarded also.  Apparently, it's a commonly held view in the club that if he was taller, he would be with a top club down south.  What do you make of him?

Hamilton isn't much of a secret. Very highly regarded. CL mentions his height in this article also.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-kid-chris-hamilton-praised-after-kris-boyd-battle-1-4738883

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Chris had been invited down to Man Utd when he was younger. They thought he had great potential too.  That was before Craig Levein came on the scene and stopped all the cross border trials. In the younger age groups Chris was actually one of the bigger lads in the team, but others have since caught up and passed him.

If we could put Chris' footballing ability into the body of a Daniel Baur or Alex Petkov then we would be looking at a multi million pound prospect.

Edited by Footballfirst

11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't remember saying he should go to Celtic...

Probably not meaningful but I played tennis with his mum last month and she said he loved it at Hearts.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, saxondale said:

But you should have, because celtic don’t have screwballs in their support, apparently ?

Governor Tarkin
51 minutes ago, saxondale said:

That's because you didn't. :)

• 2 months later...
Finlay James

Anyone know what's happening with this lad Re interest from Celtic and teams down south?

I hear from decent sources that he has the potential to be as good as Craig Gordon

4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Anyone know what's happening with this lad Re interest from Celtic and teams down south?

I hear from decent sources that he has the potential to be as good as Craig Gordon

Someone said he's going to Watford.

Pistol1874
On 05/04/2019 at 23:47, Governor Tarkin said:

Precisely, only Hearts have them. ??‍♂️

Aye right enough, Craig Gordon was nearly released, load of luck involved prob more so with keepers, he should try and maka few quid down south.

Footballfirst

I'm surprised that the club hasn't announced which youngsters have been given their first professional contracts as yet. In the last two years the club has made a point of advertising how many academy graduates have been taken on full time.

Harry would have been the first on my list from the current crop of 16/17 year olds.