Edinburgh Roads

Harry Potter

Stuart Lyon
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

At least we know why you’re always angry on here. That saddle up your arse has to hurt after a while 😜 

Well said Jim - thank you for your support.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Lyon

• The Real Maroonblood

• OBE

• been here before

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Well said Jim - thank you for your support.

I think the mummy's little soldier has been triggered by our comments. 

If carlsberg did rivals...
10 hours ago, been here before said:

Over 1000 fines handed out due to drivers continuing to park on pavements in the first 2 months of the new law being in place.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-council-dishes-out-over-28911198

A blistering sense of entitlement.

There was some clown greetin his eyes out to Edinburgh live because he didn't know he couldn't! Apart from the fact it was in print, on tv, on radio and online for months beforehand, anyone with common sense or just anyone who's not a complete moron wouldn't park on the pavement anyway.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Scott Arthur doesn't walk much around Edinburgh City centre then.

20240330_115353.jpg

il Duce McTarkin
20 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That saddle up your arse has to hurt after a while 😜 

Surprised that there's room up his arse with his head being already up there.

Do you reckon he hooks up one of those wee trailers to tow his ego around?

Harry Potter

Whys the road closed between shandwick place and drumbrae roundabout,   lucky my wife got a lift back from work.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Whys the road closed between shandwick place and drumbrae roundabout,   lucky my wife got a lift back from work.

Walking to game coming down the walkway/cycle path onto Russell Road spotted a wee notice saying something about 'Watch out for runners, blah blah' - might be related, a eun of some kind!

Edited by ArcticJambo

On 30/03/2024 at 09:05, Stuart Lyon said:

Edinburgh is run by labour

There are currently seven cities charging under clean air zones in England: Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Portsmouth, Sheffield, and  Tyneside (Newcastle and Gateshead).

Bloody SNP

Edited by XB52

Dawnrazor
39 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Edinburgh is run by labour

There are currently seven cities charging under clean air zones in England: Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Portsmouth, Sheffield, and  Tyneside (Newcastle and Gateshead).

Bloody SNP

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/24218113.rainham-ulez-activists-use-bat-box-bid-block-camera/

😂

Jim_Duncan
On 30/03/2024 at 12:19, il Duce McTarkin said:

Surprised that there's room up his arse with his head being already up there.

Do you reckon he hooks up one of those wee trailers to tow his ego around?

A two-seater would allow him to have his dignity make the journey with him. 

frankblack
9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

There was a road accident late on Saturday night with a fatality on Corstorphine Road.

Greedy Jambo

I'd been out the whole day navigating pot holes in the work van, finally got back to base, I was just waiting on the car in front to park so i could get to the driveway, he then proceeds to reverse straight into me 😂

Old guy that should never be driving, his wife then get's out and tries to blame it on the car in front. 

Thankfully it wasn't my car, and there was no damage to the van. 

I was very nice to him, (only because it wasn't my vehicle he reversed into) All i said was, mate, you need to look into your mirrors before you reverse. He had his head in his hands, but his wife who wasn't driving (and probably doesn't drive) knew better. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

7 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Hope Terrace a wee while ago.

Hope Terrace .jpeg

Building roads so close to trees, take what you get...🤣

EH11_2NL

'Dundee – the coolest city in Scotland according to the Wall Street Journal just a few years ago'

Spat out my morning cuppa at that line! Worst town in the UK followed closely by Southampton. 

cookieboy

I see they are making Morrison Street two way between Torphichen Steet and Gardner's Crescent 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

I see they are making Morrison Street two way between Torphichen Steet and Gardner's Crescent 

How is that going to work?

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

I wonder if it is to stop car's parking on Morrison Street and will be double yellowed both sides of the street, the clowncil will be up to something by their logic and track record 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How is that going to work?

Badly, one assumes.

Janbo1874

Road markings are in place for this latest folly, let's see how it pans out.

Wft are the coned off zones on North Charlotte Street all about?

Not a cycle lane 

Surely not spaces for people 

Easy escape for the troughers from Bute House 🤷‍♂️

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All to do with the LEZ

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/lez

Just had a look at the lies they are spouting. They've got a brass neck I'll give them that. As for the fines well it just confirms that this whole exercise is them trying to rake in more cash from motorists. 

Ray Gin

SNP's war on motorists? The RW Tory rag just ignoring that 2 of the 3 councils mentioned are Tory coalition councils (with Lib Dem and Labour).

5 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All to do with the LEZ

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/lez

Something properly wrong with their car checker tool which will no doubt make folk think they can drive in the LEZ when they can't, pretty sure my 3ltr Diesel from 2011 isn't Euro 6 compliant (since Euro 6 started being tested in 2015) yet the website says I can drive in any LEZ in scotland

Psychedelicropcircle

I went over a speed bump in London street which was higher on the other side & cracked my sump. Is it a nightmare to try & claim off the council?

13 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I went over a speed bump in London street which was higher on the other side & cracked my sump. Is it a nightmare to try & claim off the council?

Pretty sure you would need to prove that it had been reported and then not repaired by the council within the timescales the council themselves set for carrying out a repair

Howdy Doody Jambo

Does anybody know what the logic is behind the new East bound section on Morrison Street between Torphican Place and Dewar Place?

it's very odd and an accident waiting to happen especially with parked cars and those wishing to turn right onto Torphican Place 

Also noticed no left turn West bound Morrison Street onto Gardiners Crescent 

It just seems like another one the councils aggressive tactics against any motorist trying to navigate sensibly around town 

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

Seymour M Hersh
49 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Does anybody know what the logic is behind the new East bound section on Morrison Street between Torphican Place and Dewar Place?

it's very odd and an accident waiting to happen especially with parked cars and those wishing to turn right onto Torphican Place 

It just seems like another one the councils aggressive tactics against any motorist trying to navigate sensibly around town 

Logic from the clowns in the city chambers? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stuart Lyon
2 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

All to do with LEZs and providing non compliant vehicles with an escape route. See the ling in my post on this thread yesterday.

Psychedelicropcircle
9 hours ago, Ribble said:

Pretty sure you would need to prove that it had been reported and then not repaired by the council within the timescales the council themselves set for carrying out a repair

Hard to understand why I’ve to be out of pocket because it’s not been reported or a timescale set. It still ****ed the sump without any of the above.

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All to do with LEZs and providing non compliant vehicles with an escape route. See the ling in my post on this thread yesterday.

I'm trying to work out how you "escape" up Morrison St which seems to be heading further into their stupid zone. Although maybe that's the point to ensure the wankers get £60.00!

RustyRightPeg
On 15/04/2024 at 20:14, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I'm in the process of trying to do it at the moment due to a pothole. They're responded pretty quickly initially but a bit of a lull since. 

luckyBatistuta
On 12/04/2024 at 20:32, cookieboy said:

PHC been driving up there for a good couple of years now

On 15/04/2024 at 20:14, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It is, they’ll try and talk their way out of it, but don’t give up. Got my alloy wheels replaced by them.

23 hours ago, Ribble said:

57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm in the process of trying to do it at the moment due to a pothole. They're responded pretty quickly initially but a bit of a lull since. 

Check here to see if it’s been reported.
https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/report-problem-road/report-road-pavement-

problem

There was a shocker of a hole in the main road outside my street recently. Went on to report it and found about a dozen markers already on there. Told them I had taken screen shots of website and emails and if any family, friend or neighbours vehicles were damaged, they would be contacted by my lawyer. It was filled in the next day🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Three weeks later and their cheap shoddy repair has given up, back to a giant hole again.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It is, they’ll try and talk their way out of it, but don’t give up. Got my alloy wheels replaced by them.

Mine was acknowledged as already identified. How much time + effort did you go to?

Jim_Duncan
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

PHC been driving up there for a good couple of years now

Check here to see if it’s been reported.
https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/report-problem-road/report-road-pavement-

problem

There was a shocker of a hole in the main road outside my street recently. Went on to report it and found about a dozen markers already on there. Told them I had taken screen shots of website and emails and if any family, friend or neighbours vehicles were damaged, they would be contacted by my lawyer. It was filled in the next day🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Three weeks later and their cheap shoddy repair has given up, back to a giant hole again.

Thanks for sharing the link - didn't know this was available.

Some mega potholes near me that haven't been reported. It's incumbent upon all road users to report these as often as possible to help each other out when it comes to the damage inflicted on our vehicles by the council's wilful neglect of the road surfaces. 

I assume there is some kind of shady agreement between the contractors and the council given how quickly roads deteriorate nowadays?

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Thanks for sharing the link - didn't know this was available.

Some mega potholes near me that haven't been reported. It's incumbent upon all road users to report these as often as possible to help each other out when it comes to the damage inflicted on our vehicles by the council's wilful neglect of the road surfaces. 

I assume there is some kind of shady agreement between the contractors and the council given how quickly roads deteriorate nowadays?

This.

I've seen a penis being painted beside a pothole and that certainly speeded up the repair. 😁

Jim_Duncan
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

I've seen a penis being painted beside a pothole and that certainly speeded up the repair. 😁

What? Tam McManus sitting having his portrait done in the middle of the street?

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Mine was acknowledged as already identified. How much time + effort did you go to?

Not really that much tbf. They came out with their usual “we can’t be held accountable if we don’t know about it”

They try this on with everyone. My elderly mother stood on a slab on the pavement on Lothian Road and it flipped up. She fell forward smacking her face into the pavement, breaking her glasses. Had to go to hospital in an ambulance. They rolled out the same “we can’t be held accountable if we don’t know about it”

Back on to the roads….Check that site I posted and take pictures of the hole which caused the damage.

It buckled both my nearside wheels. It was full of rainwater, so didn’t see it. Went back with a ruler and took pictures.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

What? Tam McManus sitting having his portrait done in the middle of the street?

:lol:

Jim_Duncan
18 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

There are no plans to manage the traffic on other streets that will inevitably be caused by this. There never is. 

Stuart Lyon

Some common sense?

Tried posting an article from the Scotsman by Sue Webber, Tory MSP but failed miserably. Will try again.

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Malinga the Swinga
On 30/03/2024 at 11:55, John Findlay said:

Scott Arthur doesn't walk much around Edinburgh City centre then.

20240330_115353.jpg

Mr Arthur has announced that he wants to become MP for Edinburgh West. He will be standing for Labour I think.

That's all he's in local politics for, a step towards getting on gravy train and money for himself.

Typical of most politicians, utterly hopeless at his current job yet wants to have more power.