Dundee United V Ross County

Restonbabe

Massive game on tonight in the championship. 

No TV coverage of it what so ever. 

Strange one. 

If county win they have effectively won the league. 

Edited by Restonbabe
United at home

Nookie Bear

Didn't realise how far ahead they were.

Have to be honest, swapping Hamilton and St Mirren for Dundee Utd and Dunfermline would be my preferred outcome here.

Would be a game I think the footballing world would probably would like to watch. 

With the new BBC scotland channel or even BBC Alba I'm suprised they havent snapped this game up. 

Nothing else on tonight to rival this 

letsalldothebeattie

Surprised that the new BBC Scotland channel or Alba haven’t picked this up. A good game in the making of on TV id definitely watch it

rick witter
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have to be honest, swapping Hamilton and St Mirren for Dundee Utd and Dunfermline would be my preferred outcome here.

Is that because we can’t beat either of them ?  

I would want both them replaced aswell to be fair mate. 

56 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hamilton beating us on Saturday has probably ensured we will be heading back there next season.

Not taking anything away from RC as they are going to win the league fair and square but it is one big cringe seeing them in the top flight again.  An absolute embarrassment of Gretna proportions having that tin pot shower of shite at the big boys table.  Hope United thump them. What make sit worse is they will for sure gain points in the games with Levein's losers. 

Edited by i8hibsh

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not taking anything away from RC as they are going to win the league fair and square but it is one big cringe seeing them in the top flight again.  An absolute embarrassment of Gretna proportions having that tin pot shower of shite at the big boys table.  Hope United thump them. What make sit worse is they will for sure gain points in the games with Levein's losers. 

Not sure why I’m replying because clearly you’re just fishing, but....

With that kind of attitude to an established, well-run (and fairly recent cup-winning, with another cup-final this weekend) side, one with a nice, wee ground in the centre of town, perhaps you should support one of the OF rather that a - what they call - ‘diddy’, ‘provincial’ team.

Not being a league table I ever look at (until 2 minutes ago), I am surprised to see that RC are 11 points clear going into this one.

Personally, I would choose Dundee Utd (or Dunfermline) over Ross flaming County, everyday of the week.

At the expense of Hamilton, I hasten to add.

iwasthere1954
56 minutes ago, FWJ said:

With that kind of attitude to an established, well-run (and fairly recent cup-winning, with another cup-final this weekend) side, one with a nice, wee ground in the centre of town, perhaps you should support one of the OF rather that a - what they call - ‘diddy’, ‘provincial’ team.

Have to agree with you. Iv'e only been there once and I changed my attitude towards them. It's a great set up and their fans were pretty friendly considering we beat them.  If you look at the size of Dingwall their crowds equate to about 30% of the population. If St Mirren or Motherwell got that then they would have crowds of about 20,000.  

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Surprised that the new BBC Scotland channel or Alba haven’t picked this up. A good game in the making of on TV id definitely watch it

This one has clearly dropped off the wegiea radar.....

had this been deadco’s match to promote them from the championship do you recon it would be televised?  

letsalldothebeattie
12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This one has clearly dropped off the wegiea radar.....

had this been deadco’s match to promote them from the championship do you recon it would be televised?  

Of course it would be

Portable Badger
15 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Have to agree with you. Iv'e only been there once and I changed my attitude towards them. It's a great set up and their fans were pretty friendly considering we beat them.  If you look at the size of Dingwall their crowds equate to about 30% of the population. If St Mirren or Motherwell got that then they would have crowds of about 20,000.  

Totally agree - considering Dingwall has a population of approx 5000 their attendances are pretty good [% wise].  Having worked there I attended a couple of RC games last season - 20 minutes before KO I parked right next to the main stand, bought a ticket and had a good blether with the fans round-about even though they knew I was a Jambo. Very friendly accommodating fans and even Roy McGregor is very approachable. 

Im hoping both Highland teams make it up this year - at least that will mean I won't have a 6-8hour round trip, up & down the shitey A9, to watch Hearts at least 4 times a season.

I hope Ross county come up. Will be a different away day for next season as it's  not one I have managed previously. In saying that all our games vs them up there will be 12.15 or something equally ridiculous 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Not being a league table I ever look at (until 2 minutes ago), I am surprised to see that RC are 11 points clear going into this one.

Personally, I would choose Dundee Utd (or Dunfermline) over Ross flaming County, everyday of the week.

At the expense of Hamilton, I hasten to add.

Agree bud, and on the plus side Dundee and Dunfermline are a lot closer to Edinburgh.

Shocking that theres no TV coverage of this game tonight, no surprise though, hopeless lot. 

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Agree bud, and on the plus side Dundee and Dunfermline are a lot closer to Edinburgh.

Shocking that theres no TV coverage of this game tonight, no surprise though, hopeless lot. 

Indeed, Harold.

I mean, why would they show a table top clash (even though it's 1st Division) when they can save precious air time for mouth-watering clashes like Celtic v Anybody instead?

The Internet
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It's good to see you embrace smaller teams being successful. Lovely. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Indeed, Harold.

I mean, why would they show a table top clash (even though it's 1st Division) when they can save precious air time for mouth-watering clashes like Celtic v Anybody instead?

Exactly mate, nothing new though.

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mine too

Calebs Grandad

With Ross County playing in the Challenge Cup Final on Saturday I’d reckon that they may well rest a player or two given the lead they hold at the top. Dundee Utd at 11/8 might be worth a shilling or two. 

8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would love that. Tannadice n East End Park are two of my favourite away days. Not been at St Mirren since the game Valdas came back and Miko scored in 1.000001 secs ? 

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Indeed, Harold.

You bugger off to your cellar and watch St Etienne v Guin gimp

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

6 hours ago, FWJ said:

This....Dingwall is also a great day out....Its also not as baltic as a day out at ICT if the weathers the same at both... ICT should be made to build a roof ?

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

This....Dingwall is also a great day out....Its also not as baltic as a day out at ICT if the weathers the same at both... ICT should be made to build a roof ?

I love a 'good day out' and a good bevvy as much as the next man but when creating a criteria for what clubs bring the most to the top table I can't say either of the two feature high.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I love a 'good day out' and a good bevvy as much as the next man but when creating a criteria for what clubs bring the most to the top table I can't say either of the two feature high.

Whats the criteria then? 

Just now, sadj said:

Whats the criteria then? 

Decent fanbase

Decent stadium

RC have 5 fans and their stadium is an absolute shitehole.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Decent fanbase

Decent stadium

Knew I shouldn’t of asked ??

doctor jambo
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Decent fanbase

Decent stadium

I’d love ayr Utd to come up

39 minutes ago, sadj said:

:sad: 

Ok, I’m off.

:toasting:

39 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ok, I’m off.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ok, I’m off.

?  make sure you do come back though. Jkb is always good for a hangover

50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Decent fanbase

Decent stadium

Its hardly a shitehole. 

Dingwalls a a great day out. Boozer close to the ground. Locals decent enough folk. 

fabienleclerq

Sometimes I think I'm warming to i8 then he drops in a ***** post and I rethink.

Ross County add as much to the league as any other team. The stadium is fine, decent trip up and the locals are sound. 

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Surely the only criteria is to win the most points in your division and get promoted? 

7 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I would like to see United come back up, i can imagine a Dundee derby in the play off final would be a tasty affair.

Could be carnage. Did Dundee’s owners not say if relegated they’d go into admin?

55 minutes ago, sadj said:

Could be carnage. Did Dundee’s owners not say if relegated they’d go into admin?

Not actually sure on that one, but wouldnt be surprised given Dundee's history of financial trouble.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

?  make sure you do come back though. Jkb is always good for a hangover

On my way.

William H. Bonney

Ayr have seriously thrown that league away. Since their 5-0 win at tannadice which put them firmly in the driving seat they have won 2 out of 13 games. 

21 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Not actually sure on that one, but wouldnt be surprised given Dundee's history of financial trouble.

I walk the dog a lot so listen to a lot of podcasts so i might of misheard but im sure someone had said that. Would make sense though.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Ayr have seriously thrown that league away. Since their 5-0 win at tannadice which put them firmly in the driving seat they have won 2 out of 13 games. 

Ian Mccoll for the chop. 

1 hour ago, lewis2006 said:

Its hardly a shitehole. 

Dingwalls a a great day out. Boozer close to the ground. Locals decent enough folk. 

Defo.

Great day out with the lads