• Alex Kintner

• kimosavi

• sadj

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

portobellojambo1
13 hours ago, rick witter said:

There’s at least 5 or 6 in the current squad nowhere near consistent enough so he will need a lot more than 2 or 3 players if were are to be up near 2nd or 3rd.  That’s the problem. We are way to inconsistent. 

What the article actually says is that if Naismith, Haring and Djoum all sign up then he thinks we will only need two or three additional players. It seems logical to guess that if three players mentioned above don't sign up then his thoughts for next season's requirements will change as well.

7 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Same old same old , another season of eye bleeding football couldn't sign a flair player if one booted him up the arse, soul destroying

I could have sworn Levein signed Ricardo Fuller and Jean-Louis Valois. He also wanted to sign Jamie Walker on a long deal and went after Niall McGinn. He offered Rudi the job of Technical Coach when Neilson was appointed, suggesting that he wants the players to be better with the ball.

Define flair player anyhow? Who do other teams have that you'd consider flair players? For me a flair player is one who can bring the crowd to its feet. Uche definitely does that, Clare is starting to in flashes. Mulraney and Morrison should do it more. Wighton was signed for skills rather than physical attributes. Flair players are confidence players. With the right backing from the terraces these younger guys will develop more confidence. If they get booed for every mistake they won't.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Lol indeed fair wobbling on that fence both ways 

That's where it is though. Could go either way 

It's not a vocation you generally get an awful lot of leeway even for average performance.  Not at Hearts 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What the article actually says is that if Naismith, Haring and Djoum all sign up then he thinks we will only need two or three additional players. It seems logical to guess that if three players mentioned above don't sign up then his thoughts for next season's requirements will change as well.

Haring has another year on his contract so doesn’t need replaced unless we sell him in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That's where it is though. Could go either way 

It's not a vocation you generally get an awful lot of leeway even for average performance.  Not at Hearts 

Not in todays world. I think someone discussed Alex McDonald earlier in the thread. There was a lot of leeway there and it turned out well. It could go either way but thats the same with all appointments. Building something solid after where we were takes time. Having that patience is the difficult bit

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

If anyone doesn’t think that we have the spine of a decent team they are daft.

If anyone doesn’t think we don’t need a more creativity/flair to add to that spine they are daft.

Levein thinks exactly as the above. Decent core, flair needed. 

Not it much controversial about that

Correct, the question is whether the person who has signed nearly 30 players to get a decent core (he signed Haring, Naisy& Uche) can find those creative types and let them flourish.

Edited by Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Correct, the question is whether the person who has signed nearly 30 players to get a decent core (he signed Haring, Naisy& Uche) can find those creative types and let them flourish.

No, that's your question and I don't know where you get the 30 from.  Name them!

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Haring, Naismith and Uche are all actually quite creative players in different ways. Are people wanting a showy Matt Le Tissier type or what is this flair obsession all of a sudden, and who is an example of a consistent non-OF "flair player" in Scotland? I think we'll see a lot more from Morrison, Clare and Wighton when it comes to creativity. Wighton's pass for Uche's goal had a subtlety we've been missing. Ditto some of Clare's recent work.

Levein plucked Ricardo Fuller from nowhere and turned Paul Hartley into one of our most creative ever players. I think he's capable of finding us a creative midfielder (I think Lee was meant to be that man but it hasn't worked out that way so far) and winger for next season, especially without the distraction of also needing to sign new goalies, defenders and strikers.

Edited by Guest

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Haring, Naismith and Uche are all actually quite creative players in different ways. Are people wanting a showy Matt Le Tissier type or what is this flair obsession all of a sudden, and who is an example of a consistent non-OF "flair player" in Scotland? I think we'll see a lot more from Morrison, Clare and Wighton when it comes to creativity. Wighton's pass for Uche's goal had a subtlety we've been missing. Ditto some of Clare's recent work.

Levein plucked Ricardo Fuller from nowhere and turned Paul Hartley into one of our most creative ever players. I think he's capable of finding us a creative midfielder (I think Lee was meant to be that man but it hasn't worked out that way so far) and winger for next season, especially without the distraction of also needing to sign new goalies, defenders and strikers.

You are mistaken about Hartley, he had him sitting in midfield after trying him on the wings. Robbo had Paul running with the ball and the Burley had him pressing and getting into the box. They all has a part to play in his development. As for a flair player we should be making all the efforts we possibly can to get Greg Stewart to return to Hearts, even if it means getting rid of the guy that released him (aka our chief scout).

My point was that he’s signed nearly 30 players and has only managed to get three players out of core from that, one is likely to leave. He has a great record in signing flair players, his tactics don’t always get the best out of them.

Edited by Pasquale for King

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are mistaken about Hartley, he had him sitting in midfield after trying him on the wings. Robbo had Paul running with the ball and the Burley had him pressing and getting into the box. They all has a part to play in his development.

My point was that he’s signed nearly 30 players and has only managed to get three players out of core from that, one is likely to leave. He has a great record in signing flair players, his tactics don’t always get the best out of them.

I definitely remember Levein converting Hartley into an attacking midfielder. He even gave him the No. 10 shirt.

Greg Stewart wouldn't be my idea of a flair player. Decent forward but he bombed in the English Championship and he's hardly set the heather on fire in two spells at Aberdeen.

Edited by Guest

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I definitely remember Levein converting Hartley into an attacking midfielder. He even gave him the No. 10 shirt.

Greg Stewart wouldn't be my idea of a flair player. Decent forward but he's hardly set the heather on fire in two spells at Aberdeen.

What does the number of his jersey mean? He was 14 at first. He was a sitter in a four man midfield, we didn’t play with an attacking central midfielder it was Severin/Macfarlane or Hartley with Stamp and Simmons wide usually after Valois and Perriera faded out the picture. 

Greg Stewart was on fire with Killie in the first half of the season, they’ve struggled badly without him. Mcinnes clearly doesn’t know how to get the best out of him, he would the perfect foil for Uche.

I’m sure Levein said last summer we only needed 6 or 7 players, we then signed 16 or so.

i wouldn’t pay too much to what’s said in the media.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I could have sworn Levein signed Ricardo Fuller and Jean-Louis Valois. He also wanted to sign Jamie Walker on a long deal and went after Niall McGinn. He offered Rudi the job of Technical Coach when Neilson was appointed, suggesting that he wants the players to be better with the ball.

Define flair player anyhow? Who do other teams have that you'd consider flair players? For me a flair player is one who can bring the crowd to its feet. Uche definitely does that, Clare is starting to in flashes. Mulraney and Morrison should do it more. Wighton was signed for skills rather than physical attributes. Flair players are confidence players. With the right backing from the terraces these younger guys will develop more confidence. If they get booed for every mistake they won't.

You do realise that JLV went missing when the weather became colder and the pitches were harder? Was good in flashes but not nearly worth being dragged up years later in an evidence-based capacity. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Manager builds from the back, ensures a steady defence shocker. 

Most managers build from that way, if not all. 

I did think CL would leave no matter what, but I think, based on that he's here to stay so get your yourself strapped in. ?

Strapped in? I bailed out this season and haven't missed not having a ST one bit. He won't be in charge next season.

Bridge of Djoum
47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Strapped in? I bailed out this season and haven't missed not having a ST one bit. He won't be in charge next season.

My God you're a sad individual.

Pissing all over this forum with your pathetic, negative shite. 

57 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It must be really depressing sitting at home seething at Hearts reaching their second semi-final of the season and having oportunities for a decent league finish too.

:muggy:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What does the number of his jersey mean? He was 14 at first. He was a sitter in a four man midfield, we didn’t play with an attacking central midfielder it was Severin/Macfarlane or Hartley with Stamp and Simmons wide usually after Valois and Perriera faded out the picture. 

Greg Stewart was on fire with Killie in the first half of the season, they’ve struggled badly without him. Mcinnes clearly doesn’t know how to get the best out of him, he would the perfect foil for Uche.

The No. 10 shirt is the most iconic number in football. You don't give it to sitting midfielders.

Who held the No. 10 shirt when Hartley was signed? Possibly Simmons and before him Cameron. No matter how Hartley was played at first, by his second season Levein had converted him into one of the best attacking midfielders in the league and so was given the No. 10 with Simmons dropping out. Maybe he can spot a player? I'll take your word for it with Stewart. You obviously have more faith in Levein than McInnes.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do realise that JLV went missing when the weather became colder and the pitches were harder? Was good in flashes but not nearly worth being dragged up years later in an evidence-based capacity. 

You just gave the reason why "flair" players can turn into luxury players in Scottish football. Levein's pretty good at knowing what's required of players in the game up here. We'll be targeting a winger and more creative midfielder in summer as priorities and will have a decent budget to get them with.

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's noticeable that he's signed up all the big defensive players on contracts, although Souttar is an important player to have under contract.  I don't think CL will be manager next season so hopefully the pace, width and creativity problems ,that have been overlooked for seasons now, will be solved by the new gaffer.

The chances of CL not being manager next season are between 10 and 15 percent. 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are mistaken about Hartley, he had him sitting in midfield after trying him on the wings. Robbo had Paul running with the ball and the Burley had him pressing and getting into the box. They all has a part to play in his development. As for a flair player we should be making all the efforts we possibly can to get Greg Stewart to return to Hearts, even if it means getting rid of the guy that released him (aka our chief scout).

WTF???

Big Slim Stylee
26 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The chances of CL not being manager next season are between 10 and 15 percent. 

And 90% of that 10-15 will probably be health related.

23 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/craig-levein-looking-add-flair-15972577

Says now that he has the “pillars” of the team in place he will only need to focus on adding two or three players in the summer and these will be flair players. 

Sounds very positive and we have something special being built, similar to his first spell in charge ??

HHGH :av-1001: FTH

Flair would be nice, but competition for places would be better. If we had that we would have dealt with the injuries better.

But I agree. FTH!

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:rofl:

Still all over JKB stinking the place out with the same old drivel though. A small comfort for those poor individuals that had to sit near you at Tynecastle I suppose. 

Fingers crossed you bail out from here soon.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Still all over JKB stinking the place out with the same old drivel though. A small comfort for those poor individuals that had to sit near you at Tynecastle I suppose. 

In fairness, JKB is the home for fans who don’t go to games to criticise those that do :thumb:

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Grow up.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Grow up.

Exactly.

This what happens If you’re not a Happy Clapper.

13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Such is the negativity you promote, I wonder if you are trying to engineer a situation where the fans will vote with their feet.  The fact is that the fans will own the club soon and to want/create a mass upheaval now will work against the FoH ownership.  I don't believe fans are as stupid as you think they might be.  

Me engineer fans? steady Al I'm nobody I'm just telling you the way it is , and thats the way it is, Wether you like it or not the fans are not happy with the product on the park full stop 

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Me engineer fans? steady Al I'm nobody I'm just telling you the way it is , and thats the way it is, Wether you like it or not the fans are not happy with the product on the park full stop 

Yeah.  Our struggle against relegation and poor cup runs have been absolutely shocking.

I would much rather achieve nothing but at least do it with flair. ?

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The No. 10 shirt is the most iconic number in football. You don't give it to sitting midfielders.

Who held the No. 10 shirt when Hartley was signed? Possibly Simmons and before him Cameron. No matter how Hartley was played at first, by his second season Levein had converted him into one of the best attacking midfielders in the league and so was given the No. 10 with Simmons dropping out. Maybe he can spot a player? I'll take your word for it with Stewart. You obviously have more faith in Levein than McInnes.

Of course the number 10 jersey is iconic but you can’t conpare the guys who wear it in our league with Messi etc.

Yes I do have more faith in CL than DM, who is way more defensive than any other manager in the league.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

The only stench is the one emanating from that comfort blanket you cling to. You may well be "pure dead buzzing " to go and watch us every week. Others are bored with the football and tactics and feel that a change is required. Different opinions amongst the support. I'm not sure but perhaps we are first club in the world to have supporters with different opinions. Embrace the idea.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The only stench is the one emanating from that comfort blanket you cling to. You may well be "pure dead buzzing " to go and watch us every week. Others are bored with the football and tactics and feel that a change is required. Different opinions amongst the support. I'm not sure but perhaps we are first club in the world to have supporters with different opinions. Embrace the idea.

I agree, I'm bored with your negative slavering and regurgitated drivel and as much as i hate to agree again, change is required. So, do us all a favour and change the ****ing record. 

Cheers. 

GlasgoJambo
On 15/03/2019 at 07:04, Bozi said:

The hanging gardens of Babylon

Miles Davis the black unicorn

I give to you

The Palaces of Montezuma

And the Gardens of Akbar's tomb

I give to you

?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The reality is that I’ll roll with whatever the club decide. It’s not like I’d stop attending games or that. But Levein needs to go at the end of the season.

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I agree, I'm bored with your negative slavering and regurgitated drivel and as much as i hate to agree again, change is required. So, do us all a favour and change the ****ing record. 

Cheers. 

I'm equally bored with the regurgitated positive slavering and blindless faith espoused by you and others on here. Change the record.?

tartofmidlothian
On 15/03/2019 at 07:59, Jamboelite said:

Souttar was stagnating before we picked him up now might be the time to get Cadden while people think he is struggling..

Spot on, less competition to fight off. Is he a winger?

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He won't be in charge next season.

Fancy a £50 charity bet for Big Hearts on that if you’re so sure? @Enzo Chiefo

Edited by To Be Frank

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Fancy a £50 charity bet for Big Hearts on that if you’re so sure?

I don't do bets with randoms on here. So, no is the answer. But I'm sure he won't be gaffer next season. Feel free to hold a different opinion.

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm equally bored with the regurgitated positive slavering and blindless faith espoused by you and others on here. Change the record.?

The only positivity I've seen on here recently are happy supporters looking forward to a cup Semi Final. 

You must be gutted :rofl:

Alex Kintner
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't do bets with randoms on here. So, no is the answer. But I'm sure he won't be gaffer next season. Feel free to hold a different opinion.

So you’re sure he won’t be here and have an opportunity to raise £50 for charity but won’t do it? ?

:notsure:

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:laugh: football fans, positive about their team?? Having faith that things will come good??

The very nerve!!

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you’re sure he won’t be here and have an opportunity to raise £50 for charity but won’t do it? ?

You shouldn't be encouraging gambling with children mate.

Leave it out eh.

20 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Al I'm only saying it shows how fickle football can be that on Tuesday if Partick had beaten us Levein could well have been sacked. Fast forward 3 days and he's targeting players no digs for once from me just a thought i had 

And I'm only saying you're criticising for the sake of it.  You don't know what you're talking about, just making negative guesses.

In addition to Adam, it seems we are eyeing up Craig Bryson and, who knows, there may be many others.

Give it a rest.

Enzo Chiefo
19 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I'm sure I'm serious. I give to specific charities of my choosing each year. So, no thanks.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm sure I'm serious. I give to specific charities of my choosing each year. So, no thanks.

But you’re saying Levein will be away and given your predictions are always spot on, you won’t be paying. 

A great opportunity for you to increase the amount given to one of your specific charities at no cost to you. 

Win win?