Jump to content
trex

Donald Trump

Recommended Posts

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 

Insane beyond understanding. There is on average almost 2 gun murders every single hour  of every single day in the US. It would take the UK around 365 years to match their annual gun murder total.

That number doesn't include those shot dead by US police every year. US police kill over a thousand people a year. That all on it's own is more than the entire total of all UK murders in a year. Which averages around 650 or so.

The US has an average annual murder rate of 5 per 100,000 population. The UK averages 1 per 100,000 population which is peculiar isn't it? Since the UK people are defenceless?

What do you think the outcome in Glasgow a few days ago would have been if the culprit had a gun rather than a knife? Doesn't bear thinking about. Could have been a massacre.

The stats are quite staggering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

article-2101573-005803F700000258-981_468

 

I can this being the only way they'll get that prick out of the White House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

article-2101573-005803F700000258-981_468

 

I can this being the only way they'll get that prick out of the White House.

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

article-2101573-005803F700000258-981_468

 

I can this being the only way they'll get that prick out of the White House.

there is one other way, i wont post an image of what that would be as it would be crass and inappropriate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1

Would love to see him taken out like this sometime soon. Gasping it's a conspiracy as he goes.

21815703-oxygen-mask-patient-treatment-a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
7 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Trump will not retire, resign or leave the office voluntarily. He has too many charges to face without the protection of the Presidency.

 
There is a scenario in which I could envisage him stepping down. Let's say it becomes obvious even to him that he cannot win the election, that Biden will win because he, Trump, is un-electable .

But, what if Trump steps down, claiming illness, insanity, whatever. And the candidacy goes to Pence. Then Pence if he wins can pardon Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
39 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 
There is a scenario in which I could envisage him stepping down. Let's say it becomes obvious even to him that he cannot win the election, that Biden will win because he, Trump, is un-electable .

But, what if Trump steps down, claiming illness, insanity, whatever. And the candidacy goes to Pence. Then Pence if he wins can pardon Trump.

  

I am sure our good friend the lawyer will help as he usually does with an easy to understand explanation. I though Pardons were for Federal offences, but New York after him for their State tax breaches, and other personal financial dealing in New York

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
16 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

  

I am sure our good friend the lawyer will help as he usually does with an easy to understand explanation. I though Pardons were for Federal offences, but New York after him for their State tax breaches, and other personal financial dealing in New York

 

How about this for an even more bizarre scenario though with Trump absolutely nothing surprises anymore. Trump realises there is no way out, they're going to get him on something and he's going to be humiliated in court and going to jail.

He gets out of the country and defects to Russia where his good mate Putin gives him sanctuary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 

How about this for an even more bizarre scenario though with Trump absolutely nothing surprises anymore. Trump realises there is no way out, they're going to get him on something and he's going to be humiliated in court and going to jail.

He gets out of the country and defects to Russia where his good mate Putin gives him sanctuary. 

But what about Jnr, Eric, Ivanka and Jared?

 

Do they go too, end up in the pokey or end up President one day and pardon him, posthumously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I think some hand guns in the states are marketed directly at woman, lighter built, smaller calibres, pink handles and probably a lighter trigger pull, although, american gun manufacturers are paranoid and bein sued so often, as is with amrican guns sold in the uk, have ridiculously heavey trigger pulls.

Hand  gun triggers are not that heavy, mainly double action where the 1st shot fired is 15lb-18lb of pressure and acts as a safety all the following shots are only 2lb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

But what about Jnr, Eric, Ivanka and Jared?

 

Do they go too, end up in the pokey or end up President one day and pardon him, posthumously?

 

I have no idea how involved in any of his crimes others in his family are though apparently Jared was involved in the collusion with Russia affair. But at the end of the day I doubt Trump gives the proverbial flying about anybody but himself.

This is a guy who tried to screw his own father. The father who spoiled him rotten and without whom he would have absolutely nothing.
 

Quote

Fred Trump had given careful thought to what would become of his empire after he died, and had hired one of the nation’s top estate lawyers to draft his will.

But in December 1990, Donald Trump sent his father a document, drafted by one of his own lawyers, that sought to make significant changes to that will.
 

Fred Trump, then 85, had never before set eyes on the document, 12 pages of dense legalese. Nor had he authorized its preparation. Nor had he met the lawyer who drafted it.
 

Yet his son sent instructions that he needed to sign it immediately.
 

What happened next was described years later in sworn depositions by members of the Trump family during a dispute, later settled, over the inheritance Fred Trump left to Fred Jr.’s children.

These depositions, obtained by The Times, reveal something startling: Fred Trump believed that the document potentially put his life’s work at risk.
 

The document, known as a codicil,  did many things. It protected Donald Trump’s portion of the inheritance from his creditors and from his impending divorce settlement with his first wife, Ivana Trump.

It strengthened provisions in the existing will making him the sole executor of his father’s estate.

But more than any of the particulars, it was the entirety of the codicil and its presentation as a fait accompli that alarmed Fred Trump, the depositions show. He confided to family members that he viewed the codicil as an attempt to go behind his back and give his son total control over his affairs.

He said he feared that it could let Donald Trump denude his empire, even using it as collateral to rescue his failing businesses. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

Trump thought bounties on people's head meant coconut flavoured chocolate tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf

I have a large extended family in Michigan.  Almost all are Republicans.  We have an unstated agreement to never talk about politics, religion, or gun control.  Canadians and Americans are oceans apart on those issues.

 

Today was a niece's birthday and I called her with my best wishes. She said that she was going out for dinner.

 

I asked her if she would wear a mask.  "Hell no."

I asked her about social distancing. "That's up to the restaurant."

I said I was concerned about the spike in COVID cases in Michigan. "I know, it's all because of those Black Lives Matter protests." She gets her news from Fox TV.

 

I wished her a happy birthday and changed the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

  

I am sure our good friend the lawyer will help as he usually does with an easy to understand explanation. I though Pardons were for Federal offences, but New York after him for their State tax breaches, and other personal financial dealing in New York

 

Spot on, Bob. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have a large extended family in Michigan.  Almost all are Republicans.  We have an unstated agreement to never talk about politics, religion, or gun control.  Canadians and Americans are oceans apart on those issues.

 

Today was a niece's birthday and I called her with my best wishes. She said that she was going out for dinner.

 

I asked her if she would wear a mask.  "Hell no."

I asked her about social distancing. "That's up to the restaurant."

I said I was concerned about the spike in COVID cases in Michigan. "I know, it's all because of those Black Lives Matter protests." She gets her news from Fox TV.

 

I wished her a happy birthday and changed the subject.

 

I'm Scottish but have been living in Oklahoma for the past 8 years and  I can vouch that the US contains far and away the most ignorant population on the planet.

It often baffles me that anyone can grow up on the same planet and be so ignorant. You would have to really work at it to know so little.

I mentioned Napoleon to one of them and I can't remember what I was referencing, presumably something to do with France or maybe history in general.

He gives me a puzzled look and says Napoleon Dynamite? I laughed because my first thought was that it was a corny attempt at a joke. He continues looking puzzled and I can see it isn't.

I says Battle of Waterlloo? Napoleon Bonaparte? He's baffled, never heard of either. Which baffled me. How can that even be possible on planet Earth?

Then maybe some don't even know which planet they're on. And if they do they definitely have no idea where they are on it.
 

 

Edited by JFK-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have a large extended family in Michigan.  Almost all are Republicans.  We have an unstated agreement to never talk about politics, religion, or gun control.  Canadians and Americans are oceans apart on those issues.

 

Today was a niece's birthday and I called her with my best wishes. She said that she was going out for dinner.

 

I asked her if she would wear a mask.  "Hell no."

I asked her about social distancing. "That's up to the restaurant."

I said I was concerned about the spike in COVID cases in Michigan. "I know, it's all because of those Black Lives Matter protests." She gets her news from Fox TV.

 

I wished her a happy birthday and changed the subject.

She sound like a typical 10 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

 

I'm Scottish but have been living in Oklahoma for the past 8 years and  I can vouch that the US contains far and away the most ignorant population on the planet.

It often baffles me that anyone can grow up on the same planet and be so ignorant. You would have to really work at it to know so little.

I mentioned Napoleon to one of them and I can't remember what I was referencing, presumably something to do with France or maybe history in general.

He gives me a puzzled look and says Napoleon Dynamite? I laughed because my first thought was that it was a corny attempt at a joke. He continues looking puzzled and I can see it isn't.

I says Battle of Waterlloo? Napoleon Bonaparte? He's baffled, never heard of either. Which baffled me. How can that even be possible on planet Earth?

Then maybe some don't even know which planet they're on. And if they do they definitely have no idea where they are on it.
 

 

I remember speaking to a staff member in a diner over there and she asked where we were from. I said Scotland and she replied "what part of Ireland is that as I know your accent is Irish. I forgive the confusion with accents but thinking Scotland was a place in Ireland:mw_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

A quite long but not entirely surprising piece on Trump’s idea of how diplomatic Calls between world leaders work. You’ll be shocked to hear
he doesn’t  have a clue and acts like a stupid bully. 
 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html

Trump has a cheek to call anyone stupid, especially Merkel.

I suppose he knows, the only people more stupid than him are his supporters. Without any exceptions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
31 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I remember speaking to a staff member in a diner over there and she asked where we were from. I said Scotland and she replied "what part of Ireland is that as I know your accent is Irish. I forgive the confusion with accents but thinking Scotland was a place in Ireland:mw_rolleyes:

 

One upon hearing my accent said to me are you from like Norway or sumthin? I says no i'm from Scotland. He then says your English is really good, I heard it's really hard to learn English.

Now i'm tempted to retort with well it might be I don't know, but it's easy when you grow up in an English speaking nation but I bite my tongue and just try to get away from him. He then follows on with do you know where all the languages came from?

I'm still trying to get away from him and now thinking he;s going to ramble on about Latin being the root of the romance languages and so on and I says no I don't know. He then says God created all the languages to punish people for building the tower of Babel.

True story. Mine not his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm still trying to get away from him and now thinking he;s going to ramble on about Latin being the root of the romance languages and so on and I says no I don't know. He then says God created all the languages to punish people for building the tower of Babel.

 

:rofl: When Scots with a gleam in their eye ask me "why in the world would you pick Scotland of all places?" and I want to play along, the most honest answer is "because literally anywhere in the world would be a million times better, and Scotland were kind enough to take me in."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
23 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Trump has a cheek to call anyone stupid, especially Merkel.

I suppose he knows, the only people more stupid than him are his supporters. Without any exceptions.

 

 

Yeah, the multi lingual Merkel and her her degree in quantum chemistry is a total idiot. While Trump is a self professed "very stable genius"

A genius who struggles to spell, read, and pronounce everyday words in English while having a knowledge of chemistry that makes him ponder the possibilities of injecting bleach as a treatment for covid-19.

It's annoying that he's simply too stupid to grasp the irony of a grunt like him calling someone like her an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

 

:rofl: When Scots with a gleam in their eye ask me "why in the world would you pick Scotland of all places?" and I want to play along, the most honest answer is "because literally anywhere in the world would be a million times better, and Scotland were kind enough to take me in."

 

To be fair there are many Americans who know exactly how stupid a very large proportion of the population are. And it's a source of embarrassment for them. But none of them are Trump fans or certainly not the ones I know.

And i'm in Oklahoma, a place you would expect to find religious retardation on a massive scale. Where I live there's a mega church not too far away. My first Sunday here we went out for a drive and I was astounded to see that place coming out after the services had finished.

There were hordes of cops to direct the traffic. The nearest thing I had seen to it in Scotland was coming out of a big football match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I remember speaking to a staff member in a diner over there and she asked where we were from. I said Scotland and she replied "what part of Ireland is that as I know your accent is Irish. I forgive the confusion with accents but thinking Scotland was a place in Ireland:mw_rolleyes:

Years ago I was in the Pebble Beach Pro shop and an American woman asked if I was from Dundee. :lol:

Never been so offended in all my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 

Yeah, the multi lingual Merkel and her her degree in quantum chemistry is a total idiot. While Trump is a self professed "very stable genius"

A genius who struggles to spell, read, and pronounce everyday words in English while having a knowledge of chemistry that makes him ponder the possibilities of injecting bleach as a treatment for covid-19.

It's annoying that he's simply too stupid to grasp the irony of a grunt like him calling someone like her an idiot.

Imagine the stories that will come out about him when he's no longer in a position of power?

I can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King prawn

I cannot get my head around how that utter ****ing imbecile is in power. Every time I think I’ve seen another video which can’t possibly make him look more ridiculous, there’s another. He’s a dangerous *****, a lunatic.. a complete nut job and the fact there are not only thousands, but millions who support him is an extremely disturbing thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Imagine the stories that will come out about him when he's no longer in a position of power?

I can't wait.

 

It's already begun the link you posted and the Bolton book just a couple of examples. But as you say it's likely to become a deluge when he's out of the oval office.

I expect to see a lot of back stabbing as those who are enabling the madness right now try to paint themselves as simply pretending to support him in an effort to limit the insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 

It's already begun the link you posted and the Bolton book just a couple of examples. But as you say it's likely to become a deluge when he's out of the oval office.

I expect to see a lot of back stabbing as those who are enabling the madness right now try to paint themselves as simply pretending to support him in an effort to limit the insanity.

There will be loads of Republican rats deserting Trump once his duff has been shot. All will claim they were trying to change things from within, when actually it was self-preservation and their voters were an afterthought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
26 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

There will be loads of Republican rats deserting Trump once his duff has been shot. All will claim they were trying to change things from within, when actually it was self-preservation and their voters were an afterthought.

 

I'm encouraged that it all looks set to fall apart for him, even Republican groups are turning on him. Presumably reasoning that this is a walking disaster area endangering not only the future credibility of their party but the country itself.

One of these groups is called the 'Lincoln Project' and they're getting under his admittedly thin skin big time.
 

Quote

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent Republicans and former Republicans.

The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election. In April 2020, the committee announced their endorsement of Joe Biden, a Democrat, after Biden became the presumptive nominee

 

Think about that, Republicans endorsing Biden. Here's an example of just a couple of the many videos they're frequently posting.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
17 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 

I'm encouraged that it all looks set to fall apart for him, even Republican groups are turning on him. Presumably reasoning that this is a walking disaster area endangering not only the future credibility of their party but the country itself.

One of these groups is called the 'Lincoln Project' and they're getting under his admittedly thin skin big time.
 

 

Think about that, Republicans endorsing Biden. Here's an example of just a couple of the many videos they're frequently posting.
 

 

 

Brilliant. I'm sure, in 10 or 20 years, the Republicans will revere Trump in much the same way as Nixon and Ford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Years ago I was in the Pebble Beach Pro shop and an American woman asked if I was from Dundee. :lol:

Never been so offended in all my life.

Nothing to do with the ten kids that followed you into the shop then.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Normthebarman
On 29/06/2020 at 16:31, CJGJ said:

a person talking on a cell phone

Black lives matter but not much given this photo....oh and they are personal injury lawyers outside their home in Missouri whilst the rally passes by

This is what he has inflamed in the good old US of A.

To be fair, they lived in one of those private gated communities they have in the States. And the protesters basically forced their way past and wrecked the gates. I can imagine why they might have been a little bit nervous. 

 

We should probably give them a lot of credit to be honest. Standing on your porch waving guns at what is essentially a massive squad of folk breaking in to your property is pretty mild for over there. Surprised they didn't just gun them all down. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

 

One upon hearing my accent said to me are you from like Norway or sumthin? I says no i'm from Scotland. He then says your English is really good, I heard it's really hard to learn English.

Now i'm tempted to retort with well it might be I don't know, but it's easy when you grow up in an English speaking nation but I bite my tongue and just try to get away from him. He then follows on with do you know where all the languages came from?

I'm still trying to get away from him and now thinking he;s going to ramble on about Latin being the root of the romance languages and so on and I says no I don't know. He then says God created all the languages to punish people for building the tower of Babel.

True story. Mine not his.

Well we can be sure that that bible basher will give his vote to The Donald anyway. It could have come straight from the mouth or twitter account of Trump himself. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
10 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, they lived in one of those private gated communities they have in the States. And the protesters basically forced their way past and wrecked the gates. I can imagine why they might have been a little bit nervous. 

 

We should probably give them a lot of credit to be honest. Standing on your porch waving guns at what is essentially a massive squad of folk breaking in to your property is pretty mild for over there. Surprised they didn't just gun them all down. 

 

 

There is a "stand your ground" law in the US that allows a person to use lethal force to defend yourself if you feel personally threatened. Even if the threat is only perceived, and even if you have the option to back away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Nothing to do with the ten kids that followed you into the shop then.😉

:lol: I didn't even mention having a scotch peh, or a cuppa teh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

There is a "stand your ground" law in the US that allows a person to use lethal force to defend yourself if you feel personally threatened. Even if the threat is only perceived, and even if you have the option to back away.

 

It's on a state-by-state basis.

 

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
46 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, they lived in one of those private gated communities they have in the States. And the protesters basically forced their way past and wrecked the gates. I can imagine why they might have been a little bit nervous.

 

That's what they've been saying. Not surprisingly, they're completely full of shit.

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCCUW-Lns5E/?igshid=98vzj31salkk&fbclid=IwAR37oz49iWIYOOiGbKzG8S51MouTowfgzJwxaZaA79JR3G9rNFa5xeYSGGc

(video is of people strolling through the gate perfectly calmly while peacefully marching and chanting, keeping to the street and pavement, not moving towards anyone's private property)

 

50 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Surprised they didn't just gun them all down.

 

This is unfortunately true in the land where property is more important than human lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

:rofl: When Scots with a gleam in their eye ask me "why in the world would you pick Scotland of all places?" and I want to play along, the most honest answer is "because literally anywhere in the world would be a million times better, and Scotland were kind enough to take me in."

:laugh: fair play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

There is a "stand your ground" law in the US that allows a person to use lethal force to defend yourself if you feel personally threatened. Even if the threat is only perceived, and even if you have the option to back away.

 

In theory, they could be strung up on multiple counts of aggravated assault, a felony, in accordance with Missouri law. Pointing a deadly weapon at another person falls under that law's purview ("threatening exhibition").

 

But as a Black law school colleague said when a few of us were discussing this, "y'all doing a lot of research for an imaginary crime when committed by white people".

 

These two will not be charged with anything.

 

Edited by Justin Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z

Some of these memes are killing me :lol: 

 

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says "DOCTORPHOTOGRAPHFILM mark & patricia mccloskey saving private property"

 

image.png.d099ae78d59845498e0f7ec33d6ffaac.png

 

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, outdoor and text

 

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, stripes and outdoor, text that says "Which one of you motherfuckers said cankles?!!"

Image may contain: 3 people, text that says "Remember this couple from Pulp Fiction? This is them now. Feel old yet? idweath wdweather mythicaltrafficandweather"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Normthebarman
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

 

That's what they've been saying. Not surprisingly, they're completely full of shit.

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCCUW-Lns5E/?igshid=98vzj31salkk&fbclid=IwAR37oz49iWIYOOiGbKzG8S51MouTowfgzJwxaZaA79JR3G9rNFa5xeYSGGc

(video is of people strolling through the gate perfectly calmly while peacefully marching and chanting, keeping to the street and pavement, not moving towards anyone's private property)

 

 

This is unfortunately true in the land where property is more important than human lives.

But doesn't the fact it's a gated community mean they're automatically on private property? I don't know for sure but from what I cam gather about gated communities that would seem accurate. 

 

I mean, clearly Calamity Karen and her beau are "embellishing" the truth, to put it politely (or bullshitters scared of "dem uppity nee-grows" to be more accurate), and I'm all for protests but doing it on someone's personal, private property is a bit much. It's like a whole bunch of folk walking in to a bunch of flats over here and having a protest in the stairs. 

 

Is the wrecked gate from another incident? Or when they left? Or somewhere else entirely? It's fecking impossible to know what's what nowadays. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trotter

The fact that that woman has her finger on the trigger itself shows a complete disregard for gun training and 'safety' (no, seriously - stop laughing, there is such a thing).

 

The three basic laws of owning/operating a gun are (in descending order):

 

1) Always assume a gun is loaded until proven otherwise

2) Never point a gun at something you don't want to shoot

3) Never put your finger on the trigger until immediately before you are planning to shoot, that's what the trigger guard is for - to rest your finger without the risk of accidentally shooting. 

 

I have a goodly amount of friends here who go shooting as a hobby, and a day at the range is a great way to blow off steam. But the ones I've spoken to about this are absolutely fuming at the irresponsibility of it. One of them in particular, who happens to be an ex-Force Recon scout-sniper so knows his way around weaponry,  was of the opinion that this is a perfect example of behaviour that should lead to your gun privileges being revoked, similar to if you were mad or had been convicted of a felony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

“But it is not your own Shire,’ said Gildor. 
‘Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. 
The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.”
- JRR Tolkein, The Fellowship of The Ring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
5 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I remember speaking to a staff member in a diner over there and she asked where we were from. I said Scotland and she replied "what part of Ireland is that as I know your accent is Irish. I forgive the confusion with accents but thinking Scotland was a place in Ireland:mw_rolleyes:

 

That's better than getting the old 'What part of England is that in, the East'?

 

Word of advice, never try and explain to them about Scotland being part of Great Britain and the United Kingdom, it fries their brains that one. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

She sound like a typical 10 year old.

 

Naw a 10 year old is way smarter, here's the proof, enjoy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Naw a 10 year old is way smarter, here's the proof, enjoy.

 

Dumb.......Blonde........yum yum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Dumb.......Blonde........yum yum.

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

That's better than getting the old 'What part of England is that in, the East'?

 

Word of advice, never try and explain to them about Scotland being part of Great Britain and the United Kingdom, it fries their brains that one. 🤣

I know, you still get the Queen of England stuff and the US helped England win the war. 

You say you are from and Scotland and there is a fair chance questions about kilts, bagpipes and the Loch Ness Monster with follow. That is not just the Americans who think that it is common throughout the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I remember speaking to a staff member in a diner over there and she asked where we were from. I said Scotland and she replied "what part of Ireland is that as I know your accent is Irish. I forgive the confusion with accents but thinking Scotland was a place in Ireland:mw_rolleyes:

 

Should've told them Ireland is a place in Shetland...

 

image.png.ac4b2285213555a99b9c6e5f157f7b0a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

There is a "stand your ground" law in the US that allows a person to use lethal force to defend yourself if you feel personally threatened. Even if the threat is only perceived, and even if you have the option to back away.

 

There was a case from years ago and i'm talking more than 20 years minimum maybe even 30 involving a Scot on holiday in Florida. He's been out on his own drinking in the bars and is thoroughly drunk and lost.

He wanders into some neighbourhood and begins banging on a door hoping for someone to answer it. Judging from the report of someone else who lived in the neighbourhood he wanted a taxi.

That's all the person could understand of the raving which is understandable. Drunken Scottish accent in Florida. I swear I have heard some say they couldn't understand the accent in the  film' The Kings Speech' so drunken Scots is going to be unintelligible.

Anyway the occupant of the door he is banging on no doubt sees the chance he has been waiting his entire hick life for. A justification for this gun. Shoots and kills the guy through the locked door and is never charged with anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...