• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jake said:

I know.

At least hes less harmless than say Bush.

What is Trumps kill rate in comparison to other Presidents I wonder 9n the offended list?

Jake do not defend the indefensible, the man is a menace to the world, he has sent federal Customs and Border Patrol officers into Portland to combat protestors. The men are not trained, are not police officers and without any form of identification. So you are comparing Presidents because of wartime death rates, how about Roosevelt WW2, Truman who authorised the atom bomb on Hiroshima,  how about Vietnam,  Trump didn't go he wimped out. I saw a figure that he as President because of poor Coronavirus strategy has cost more lives than the U.S  lost in WW1, figure equalling or beating WW2 may have also arrived.  Don't forget either this reckless draft dodger threatened his now lover boy Kim with fire and fury like the world has never seen. Never please compare Trump with other Presidents, he fortunately is one of a kind. A totally mental incompetent.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, jake said:

So how do you measure a bad president?

What comparisons are more important?

Someone that doesn't call,  say, Merkel stupid, when he's barely grasped the only language he speaks. Thick as ****.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, jake said:

I know.

What is Trumps kill rate in comparison to other Presidents I wonder 9n the offended list?

1 hour ago, jake said:

Jake, as Bob says, you're attempting to defend this indefensible moron.

I see when asked if he would accept defeat in November, he replied something to the effect he couldn't give a yay or a nay, it would "all depend". He should be arrested for that  answer alone.

You seem to think others have been worse, this megalomaniac will do anything to stay where he is. That includes catering to his mainly racist base and goes all the way to starting a war with China, if that's what it takes.

HTF you say what you say about him beats me all to feck. (unless he turns your crank, of course)

1 hour ago, jake said:

I would say that a better question is "How do you measure a good president?"

The answer is honesty, integrity, leadership, putting his country's interests ahead of his own, ability to unify the people, statesmanship, ability to earn domestic and international respect.

In other words, qualities that the current president lacks.

2 hours ago, jake said:

I know.

What is Trumps kill rate in comparison to other Presidents I wonder on the offended list?

Measuring a President by the number of civilians killed during his presidency would be ineffective. 

For example, 700,000 Americans died during their civil war.  Does that make Lincoln a bad president?  Hundreds of thousands of foreign civilians died between 1942 and 1945 under Roosevelt and Truman.  Under Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon, hundreds of thousands of civilians died in Vietnam.  I'm certain that all those presidents believed they were doing the right thing, looking after their country's interests.  

Each presidency should be measured according to the situation that existed at the time.  We could give Trump a passing grade because he hasn't dropped many bombs, but where does the 145,000 American deaths from COVID-19 fit into the discussion when we assess his performance overall?

51 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Measuring a President by the number of civilians killed during his presidency would be ineffective. 

For example, 700,000 Americans died during their civil war.  Does that make Lincoln a bad president?  Hundreds of thousands of foreign civilians died between 1942 and 1945 under Roosevelt and Truman.  Under Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon, hundreds of thousands of civilians died in Vietnam.  I'm certain that all those presidents believed they were doing the right thing, looking after their country's interests.  

Each presidency should be measured according to the situation that existed at the time.  We could give Trump a passing grade because he hasn't dropped many bombs, but where does the 145,000 American deaths from COVID-19 fit into the discussion when we assess his performance overall?

And all that's aside from what his own niece, a 55 year old woman who has known him her entire life and is a qualified psychologist, has to say about him.

“I have no problem,” she writes, “calling Donald a narcissist—he meets all nine criteria as outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5)—but the label gets us only so far.”

She adds that Trump likely has dependent personality disorder, an undiagnosed learning disability (making it difficult for him to process and retain new information about the world), and sleep disorders (likely related to his habit of ingesting some 12 Diet Cokes a day), and that he is also, very possibly, a sociopath.

I'm baffled as to what the Republicans are thinking of regarding the pandemic. In the Georgia city of Atlanta the Republican state governor has tried to block the cities mayor from implementing a mask mandate.

What in the world can this achieve but the virus raging with even greater intensity? Don't they even want to win the election anymore?

As cases have grown in Georgia, particularly around Atlanta, he’s not only refused to issue a statewide mask mandate or roll back his reopening, but also explicitly blocked Atlanta’s attempt to tighten its own restrictions on business operations.

Last week, he asked a court to invalidate a mask requirement issued by Atlanta’s mayor, Keisha Lance Bottoms, and even bar her from publicly questioning his authority to make such decisions.

Simultaneously, Kemp deployed the National Guard into Atlanta following the wave of protests and some violence there, over Bottoms’s explicit objections.

FULL ARTICLE - TITLED Trump Is Determined to Split the Country in Two

That's an incoherent repetitive ramble that makes him sound cognitively impaired. And incidentally regarding the 5 words in the correct order, repeating them in the same order they were given is the only way I could do it. Like reciting back a poem.

Repeating them in a different order would actually be more impressive but he's clearly too cognitively impaired to grasp that.

I just saw snippets of the 'coronavirus briefing', the first for 3 months since reportedly insiders say Trump became bored with them. And in these snippets he sounded even more cognitively impaired than usual. He clearly struggles to read anything.

Now saying the virus will get worse before it gets better, well who would have guessed that Donnie? And peculiarly it's a;already got better in other countries. And that people should wear a mask. After everything he has previously said about masks, he said this as he stood there not wearing a mask.

He's in the process of developing a strategy "that's going to be very very powerful". What? After all this time there's going to be strategy while the rest of the wrold begins exiting lockdown? Six months too late Donnie.

He also said "we're facing a SPICE in virus cases" 🤣

There's a spike in cognitive impairment going on. Or is that spice? Scary spice no less.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I just saw snippets of the 'coronavirus briefing', the first for 3 months since reportedly insiders say Trump became bored with them. And in these snippets he sounded even more cognitively impaired than usual. He clearly struggles to read anything.

Now saying the virus will get worse before it gets better, well who would have guessed that Donnie? And peculiarly it's a;already got better in other countries. And that people should wear a mask. After everything he has previously said about masks, he said this as he stood there not wearing a mask.

He's in the process of developing a strategy "that's going to be very very powerful". What? After all this time there's going to be strategy while the rest of the wrold begins exiting lockdown? Six months too late Donnie.

He also said "we're facing a SPICE in virus cases" 🤣

There's a spike in cognitive impairment going on. Or is that spice? Scary spice no less. Also when questioned about Ghislaine Maxwell said he didn't know anything about it but hoped she was well. Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Here's the transcript. If anything, it's worse.

If you read this and it was a close relative, what would you think or do...?

It's gone past amusing a long time ago. It's blatant now. And will get worse, along with his decrees until November 3rd.

20200723_062615.jpg

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

He is a bad president.

Been watching an episode of 'Once Upon a Time in Iraq' on iPlayer which is pretty intense.

Back to KB 1 hour later.  Not a 10 minute check, but one full hour.

'Person, woman,man, camera, TV' without needing to check.

Quick edit.

The woman ahead of man is the difficult part to remember.

Edited by DETTY29

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

And all that's aside from what his own niece, a 55 year old woman who has known him her entire life and is a qualified psychologist, has to say about him.

You saw his defence/counter-argument to her claims?

"Nobody ever liked her" or words to that effect. Utterly predictable, cheap and nasty.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Person, woman, man, camera, tv.

No prompting after hours now.

57 minutes ago, King prawn said:

E14E036C-2E17-4588-91AA-E2CB20BE00BC.jpeg.7366511396699a3a9b65935d74bd40b2.jpeg

what is this about?

I've just seen Fat Boy's actual test questions and answers.  The 5-word memory test was a real toughie.  

Here are the actual words he was given:

See. Woman. Grab. Pussy. Brag.

:wink:

3 hours ago, King prawn said:

E14E036C-2E17-4588-91AA-E2CB20BE00BC.jpeg.7366511396699a3a9b65935d74bd40b2.jpeg

I know he's a stable genius, but you've got to admire his imagination in coming up with those 5 words at random. Whilst sat in front of a TV camera, being interviewed by a person who is a man, not a woman. 

Edited by fancy a brew

Unknown user
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

I know he's a stable genius, but you've got to admire his imagination in coming up with those 5 words at random. Whilst sat in front of a TV camera, being interviewed by a person who is a man, not a woman. 

The more you think about it, the american president's proud of remembering 5 words!

He claims the doctors were all "how did you do that??"

scaled.jpg

Jake man, why not explain why you think this guy isn't an absolute ****ing arsehat, incapable of being anything other than an incompetent buffoon.

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The more you think about it, the american president's proud of remembering 5 words!

He claims the doctors were all "how did you do that??"

The only way the doctors would have been surprised at his performance in that test is if he'd managed to completely arse it up.

Doc: "Say five words to me."

Prez: "One, Two, Three, Four, Pussy."

10 minutes later...

Doc: "Remember those five words? Say them again - in the same order."

Prez: "Hamberder, Covfefe, Fake, Nooz, Jchjina!"

Doc: "**** me! How did you do that?"

Prez: "Nobody could do that. Only me. I'm the best. It's my ball."

Mayor of Portland joins the front lines of the protest in a show of solidarity and an attempt to diffuse the stand-offs.

He got teargassed by Trump's Federal Stormtroopers

:cornette_dog:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

😄

Just five things that were visible to him at that moment.

18 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Jake do not defend the indefensible, the man is a menace to the world, he has sent federal Customs and Border Patrol officers into Portland to combat protestors. The men are not trained, are not police officers and without any form of identification. So you are comparing Presidents because of wartime death rates, how about Roosevelt WW2, Truman who authorised the atom bomb on Hiroshima,  how about Vietnam,  Trump didn't go he wimped out. I saw a figure that he as President because of poor Coronavirus strategy has cost more lives than the U.S  lost in WW1, figure equalling or beating WW2 may have also arrived.  Don't forget either this reckless draft dodger threatened his now lover boy Kim with fire and fury like the world has never seen. Never please compare Trump with other Presidents, he fortunately is one of a kind. A totally mental incompetent.

Of course hes all those things.

17 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Jake, as Bob says, you're attempting to defend this indefensible moron.

I see when asked if he would accept defeat in November, he replied something to the effect he couldn't give a yay or a nay, it would "all depend". He should be arrested for that  answer alone.

You seem to think others have been worse, this megalomaniac will do anything to stay where he is. That includes catering to his mainly racist base and goes all the way to starting a war with China, if that's what it takes.

HTF you say what you say about him beats me all to feck. (unless he turns your crank, of course)

Illegal wars, extra judicial killings I'm sure I could fill a page with previous criminality.

I'm not defending him .

17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I would say that a better question is "How do you measure a good president?"

The answer is honesty, integrity, leadership, putting his country's interests ahead of his own, ability to unify the people, statesmanship, ability to earn domestic and international respect.

In other words, qualities that the current president lacks.

Good answer.

2 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

😄

Just five things that were visible to him at that moment.

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Like everything, you have to take into account the TLP's stated position when they release stuff, but **** me... when it's laid out like that it's pretty damning just how much he has made a James Hunt of this. 

16 minutes ago, trotter said:

Like everything, you have to take into account the TLP's stated position when they release stuff, but **** me... when it's laid out like that it's pretty damning just how much he has made a James Hunt of this. 

I don't think the motives of the Lincoln project are important regarding the content of the video. We all know he said all of these things and we all know they're not being taken out of context.

Everybody else in the world knew this thing was a severe problem that would require urgent action. He carried on pretending it barely existed. Going as far as insane fantasy.

"one day it's like a miracle it will disappear". Imagine the leader of any major nation saying that. In normal circumstances that alone would be startling enough to be front page news.

But people have become so accustomed to the abnormality of this freak show, and that's what he is, a freak, a cartoon character of a human being far less a politician, that it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by JFK-1

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

"one day it's like a miracle it will disappear". Imagine the leader of any major nation saying that. In normal circumstances that alone would be startling enough to be front page news.

It's almost as if 'thoughts and prayers' don't work...who'd'a thunk it?

Trump cancels Republican convention in Florida as virus soars

Obviously somebody smarter than he is, which given how thick he is could be pretty much anybody, must have managed to convince him that hey Donnie this really isn't a good idea.

He loves those rallies. It's the only thing he likes about politics. Bunch of whooping idiots some of them even dumber than he is.

8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Person.

Woman

Man.

.....wait ......woman before man? That can't be right?

I'm just surprised he didn't do the order as

Person

Woman

Camera-man

TV

to make it a slight touch easier.

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Trumps niece psychologist Mary Trump speaks to Stephen Colbert.

She seems a nice lady. It's hard to believe she's in the same family tree as Trump.

5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

She seems a nice lady. It's hard to believe she's in the same family tree as Trump.

She's the white sheep of the family.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Brilliant.

Hopefully the orange beast gets his comeuppance in November.

I don't for a moment doubt this prediction, we have all seen it brewing for weeks if not months.

Biden predicts that Trump will try to ‘indirectly steal’ the election

Joe Biden on Thursday night warned donors that President Trump will try to “indirectly steal” the 2020 election by making a case against mail-in ballots, a voting method that many are expected to use to avoid exposure to the novel coronavirus during November’s election.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee asked donors attending a virtual event to spread the word that “this president is going to try to indirectly steal the election by arguing that mail-in ballots don’t work.”

Trump will present mail-in ballots as fraud by making the argument that “they’re not real, they’re not fair,” Biden said.

During an appearance in June on “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah,” Biden had previously warned that Trump might “try to steal” the election. He has also said that Trump might try to delay the election and that the president might not leave the White House voluntarily if he does lose.

Biden’s remarks on Thursday offered the most detail about how he believes Trump might unfairly influence the outcome of the presidential contest. Biden’s campaign has mounted an aggressive voter-access effort, including hiring a team of lawyers to challenge any irregularities.

They come as Trump, in recent weeks, has stepped up his rhetoric about the veracity of mail-in voting. At an event last month in Arizona, the president suggested without evidence that the method presents a significant opportunity for fraud.

“Where are they going? Where are these ballots going? Who’s getting them? Who is not getting them? A little section that’s Republican,” Trump said, speaking specifically about California’s vote-by-mail system. “Will they be stolen from mailboxes as they get put in by the mailman?

Will they be taken from the mailmen and the mailwomen? Will they be forged? Who is signing them? Who’s signing them? What, are they signed on the kitchen table and sent in? Will they be counterfeited by groups inside our nation?”

Trump added: “Will they be counterfeited, maybe by the millions, by foreign powers who don’t want to see Trump win?”

Matthew Morgan, the general counsel to the Trump campaign, accused Biden of sowing fear.

“Joe Biden is fearmongering and purposely misleading American voters,” Morgan said in a statement emailed to The Washington Post. “The only people trying to fundamentally change the way we vote and make our election system less secure are Democrats.”

Biden made the remarks at a climate-focused fundraising event hosted by actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who famously played the first female vice president on the HBO show “Veep.” It was attended by more than 650 people, according to the Biden campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-predicts-that-trump-will-try-to-indirectly-steal-the-election/2020/07/23/cc55fe98-cd3c-11ea-91f1-28aca4d833a0_story.html

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)