Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

That's a good commander though put his crew first.

That's what I thought. He will have probably saved the lives of some of his men and women. Good man.

17 hours ago, XB52 said:

I'm hoping the opposite. He is saying up to 200,000 may die so that, when only!! 150,000 die he will declare himself the man who saved 50,000 American lives

We all hope that but when it comes to him i'm not confident. A personal belief I have held for sometime and currently becoming more confident of it's reality is that Trump will tell any lie, commit any act. sacrifice any number of people, to be re-elected.

I believe this because I believe that there are people waiting in the wings to arrest him and press criminal charges on him which cannot be pressed while he is cloaking himself in the office of the Presidency.

Once that cloak is removed his ability to hinder and outright block investigation of his criminal activities will be gone. I believe he will do anything to forestall that day. This is a narcissistic psychopath who thought when he took the office that it made him an omnipotent King.

His interest in the office lay in no sense of public duty. A desire to improve the lives of the citizens. His one and only interest was to use it for his own enrichment and benefit.

His sheer stupidity blinded him to the fact that his activities in doing so could be criminal. His comeuppance awaits when the armour of that office is gone. He will do 
anything to delay it. And that's frightening.

Trump: America’s Most Dangerous Pathogen?

America isn't just fighting off COVID-19—we're struggling against a president who has made matters worse at nearly every turn.

It has come to this: America’s deadliest pathogen may be its own president.
In one sense, COVID-19 is Trump’s dream come perversely true—it has licensed his endless voracity to consume our mass consciousness. He has hijacked a pandemic to extend his unfiltered dominance on Fox News across the entirety of television.

The very lethality of our dilemma provides him with a housebound, captive audience for “press briefings” awash in lies, self–promotion, and dangerous pseudo-science—and blissfully free of real-time fact checking.

It is Trump unbound, the perfect reflection of his toxic inner landscape. As Al Franken puts it:

The president’s mental illness allows him to be both intellectual sloth and supremely confident jerk, ever convinced that he (and he alone) can do everyone else’s job better than they.

Generals, climate scientists, public health experts. And he’s always right. Because he’s a psychopath. And this Donald Trump brand of psychopath is never wrong. Even when being wrong will cause the additional deaths of perhaps hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Cloaked in his new role as the “wartime president,” Trump attacks the media for asking questions or challenging falsehoods—in other words, for striving to protect Trump’s viewership from Trump himself.

A recent example is particularly disturbing: Paula Reid of CBS asked him about the fact that experts “on both sides of the aisle have said that reopening the country by Easter is not a good idea.” Our president’s response combined vitriol and paranoia.

“I think there are certain people that would like it to not open so quickly, I think there are certain people that would like it to do financially poorly, because they think that would be very good as far as defeating me at the polls.”

When Reid tried to follow-up, Trump snapped: “I think it’s very clear that there are people in your profession that write fake news. You do.” He never answered Reed’s question—in his infinite self absorption, the question itself threatened his prospects in November.

So deep is Trump’s fury at all who challenge him that this creates its own force field. One can see Drs. Fauci and Birx struggle to speak truth while mollifying a narcissistic ignoramus wholly unfit for his office: their primary mission is to protect the public, and they can only do so by serving as involuntary props in Trump’s daily theater of self.

In the real world, these professionals know all too well, things are not yet as bad as they will be. By the time you read this, our toll of confirmed deaths will be over 2,200—and within a few days the total will eclipse the number of people killed on 9/11.

Hospitals are contemplating Do Not Resuscitate orders for dying patients—solely to protect the doctors and nurses on whom the lives of others depend. A typical president—or human being, even—would be sobered to his marrow.

But not this president. He continues to advocate reopening some—or all—of the country for business by Easter, yet another holiday which, like Thanksgiving, he seems to associate with himself. Says the public health expert Dr. Larry Brilliant: “I think history would judge it an error of epic proportions.”

By now, more Americans appreciate that the indispensable predicate to relaxing social distancing is mass testing—and that, Trump’s lies notwithstanding, we are nowhere near that milestone.

But social distancing facilitates other necessities: the mass production of masks, gloves, ventilators, and other lifesaving equipment—an imperative Trump has ignored by failing to activate the Defense Production At—as well as the separation of potentially contagious Americans from the medical personnel essential to combating COVID-19.

But for Trump, social distancing is just another enemy menacing his reelection.

“Our country wasn’t built to be shut down,” he insists. “We’re not going to let the cure be worse than the problem.” On Fox News, he put this proposition even more baldly: “Look, you can lose a number of people to the flu [his studiedly deceptive misnomer for COVID-19].

But you’re going to lose more people by putting a country into a massive recession or depression. You’re going to lose people. You’re going to have suicides by the thousands. You’re going to have all sorts of things happen. You’re going to have instability.”

All that and worse: We might lose Trump as our president.

Fearful of defeat, Trump seems hell-bent on actualizing the tacitly Malthusian belief that accelerating deaths by pandemic will be good for the economy—or, more precisely, himself. A sane leader would find rational ways to protect as many lives as swiftly as possible, the better to assure a safe return to a sustainable economic health.

Instead, Trump promotes the cruel and nonsensical notion that economic health involves swiftly and needlessly sacrificing other Americans. It would truly compound the tragedy of COVID-19 if our response is to replicate Trump’s economic and social myopia—and, thereby, his unvarnished contempt for human life itself.

If the media doesn’t turn off his self-aggrandizing propaganda sessions, we should. Not everyone will, but anyone can. And as a matter of literal fact, Trump can’t order millions of Americans to do his bidding.

Our state and local leaders still have choices, and so do we. We can choose to listen to them, and to experts in public health, serving as examples while pitching in however we can – on our own, or in our communities.

By resisting Trump we can, together, still summon America’s best self. https://thebulwark.com/trump-americas-most-dangerous-pathogen/

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

In one sense, COVID-19 is Trump’s dream come perversely true—it has licensed his endless voracity to consume our mass consciousness. He has hijacked a pandemic to extend his unfiltered dominance on Fox News across the entirety of television.

The very lethality of our dilemma provides him with a housebound, captive audience for “press briefings” awash in lies, self–promotion, and dangerous pseudo-science—and blissfully free of real-time fact checking.

Cloaked in his new role as the “wartime president,” Trump attacks the media for asking questions or challenging falsehoods—in other words, for striving to protect Trump’s viewership from Trump himself.

One of his idiot offspring tweeted condemnation of TV channels that don't carry his "press briefing" (aka grandstanding platform for lies and vanity) live, saying that failure to do so is bad journalism.

I'm sure most of us would say that good journalism involves sitting through it all before picking out what's relevant to the readers/listeners/viewers.

23 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

One of his idiot offspring tweeted condemnation of TV channels that don't carry his "press briefing" (aka grandstanding platform for lies and vanity) live, saying that failure to do so is bad journalism.

I'm sure most of us would say that good journalism involves sitting through it all before picking out what's relevant to the readers/listeners/viewers.

What's the point in covering him unless you're a mindless sycophant?

Trump attacks the media for asking questions

18 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well in that case, Trump will say, they're doing wonderful things in Andorra................Andorra I know it well, nobody knows more about Andorra then me, beautiful country, we're going to build a beautiful naval base there, I really like South America, I really do, doing wonderful things down there..........great country.

These are grim times, but it's healthy to laugh at times like these, so ... :rofl:

33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Something else that just came to my notice, a grunt by the idiot son in law Kushner regarding states asking for supplies from the federal stockpile.

“The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile,” he said at one point during the briefing. “It’s not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use.”

What? Am I missing something there?

"our stockpile"?

Who is that 'our'? I thought that was the states who are now asking for it.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

These are grim times, but it's healthy to laugh at times like these, so ... :rofl:

You have to laugh ML, you have to stay positive, if not it's very easy to decend into a very dark place.

Mac_fae_Gillie
25 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Something else that just came to my notice, a grunt by the idiot son in law Kushner regarding states asking for supplies from the federal stockpile.

What? Am I missing something there?

"our stockpile"?

Who is that 'our'? I thought that was the states who are now asking for it.

Clearly he was an old CQMS.. stores is for storing.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

We all hope that but when it comes to him i'm not confident. A personal belief I have held for sometime and currently becoming more confident of it's reality is that Trump will tell any lie, commit any act. sacrifice any number of people, to be re-elected.

I believe this because I believe that there are people waiting in the wings to arrest him and press criminal charges on him which cannot be pressed while he is cloaking himself in the office of the Presidency.

Once that cloak is removed his ability to hinder and outright block investigation of his criminal activities will be gone. I believe he will do anything to forestall that day. This is a narcissistic psychopath who thought when he took the office that it made him an omnipotent King.

His interest in the office lay in no sense of public duty. A desire to improve the lives of the citizens. His one and only interest was to use it for his own enrichment and benefit.

His sheer stupidity blinded him to the fact that his activities in doing so could be criminal. His comeuppance awaits when the armour of that office is gone. He will do 
anything to delay it. And that's frightening.

Trump: America’s Most Dangerous Pathogen?

America isn't just fighting off COVID-19—we're struggling against a president who has made matters worse at nearly every turn.

It has come to this: America’s deadliest pathogen may be its own president.

It is Trump unbound, the perfect reflection of his toxic inner landscape. As Al Franken puts it:

The president’s mental illness allows him to be both intellectual sloth and supremely confident jerk, ever convinced that he (and he alone) can do everyone else’s job better than they.

Generals, climate scientists, public health experts. And he’s always right. Because he’s a psychopath. And this Donald Trump brand of psychopath is never wrong. Even when being wrong will cause the additional deaths of perhaps hundreds of thousands of Americans.

A recent example is particularly disturbing: Paula Reid of CBS asked him about the fact that experts “on both sides of the aisle have said that reopening the country by Easter is not a good idea.” Our president’s response combined vitriol and paranoia.

“I think there are certain people that would like it to not open so quickly, I think there are certain people that would like it to do financially poorly, because they think that would be very good as far as defeating me at the polls.”

When Reid tried to follow-up, Trump snapped: “I think it’s very clear that there are people in your profession that write fake news. You do.” He never answered Reed’s question—in his infinite self absorption, the question itself threatened his prospects in November.

So deep is Trump’s fury at all who challenge him that this creates its own force field. One can see Drs. Fauci and Birx struggle to speak truth while mollifying a narcissistic ignoramus wholly unfit for his office: their primary mission is to protect the public, and they can only do so by serving as involuntary props in Trump’s daily theater of self.

In the real world, these professionals know all too well, things are not yet as bad as they will be. By the time you read this, our toll of confirmed deaths will be over 2,200—and within a few days the total will eclipse the number of people killed on 9/11.

Hospitals are contemplating Do Not Resuscitate orders for dying patients—solely to protect the doctors and nurses on whom the lives of others depend. A typical president—or human being, even—would be sobered to his marrow.

But not this president. He continues to advocate reopening some—or all—of the country for business by Easter, yet another holiday which, like Thanksgiving, he seems to associate with himself. Says the public health expert Dr. Larry Brilliant: “I think history would judge it an error of epic proportions.”

By now, more Americans appreciate that the indispensable predicate to relaxing social distancing is mass testing—and that, Trump’s lies notwithstanding, we are nowhere near that milestone.

But social distancing facilitates other necessities: the mass production of masks, gloves, ventilators, and other lifesaving equipment—an imperative Trump has ignored by failing to activate the Defense Production At—as well as the separation of potentially contagious Americans from the medical personnel essential to combating COVID-19.

But for Trump, social distancing is just another enemy menacing his reelection.

“Our country wasn’t built to be shut down,” he insists. “We’re not going to let the cure be worse than the problem.” On Fox News, he put this proposition even more baldly: “Look, you can lose a number of people to the flu [his studiedly deceptive misnomer for COVID-19].

But you’re going to lose more people by putting a country into a massive recession or depression. You’re going to lose people. You’re going to have suicides by the thousands. You’re going to have all sorts of things happen. You’re going to have instability.”

All that and worse: We might lose Trump as our president.

Fearful of defeat, Trump seems hell-bent on actualizing the tacitly Malthusian belief that accelerating deaths by pandemic will be good for the economy—or, more precisely, himself. A sane leader would find rational ways to protect as many lives as swiftly as possible, the better to assure a safe return to a sustainable economic health.

Instead, Trump promotes the cruel and nonsensical notion that economic health involves swiftly and needlessly sacrificing other Americans. It would truly compound the tragedy of COVID-19 if our response is to replicate Trump’s economic and social myopia—and, thereby, his unvarnished contempt for human life itself.

If the media doesn’t turn off his self-aggrandizing propaganda sessions, we should. Not everyone will, but anyone can. And as a matter of literal fact, Trump can’t order millions of Americans to do his bidding.

Our state and local leaders still have choices, and so do we. We can choose to listen to them, and to experts in public health, serving as examples while pitching in however we can – on our own, or in our communities.

By resisting Trump we can, together, still summon America’s best self. https://thebulwark.com/trump-americas-most-dangerous-pathogen/

I agree with all you say, in fact a great deal   I have said myself on this very forum.  I in fact have stated for some time, much to the chagrin of others that he will not complete this first term.

I do have to reconsider though that the facts are more concrete than my opinions. He has maintained a loyal following and in some statistics increased that base. He has packed the Federal Courts with Republican leaning judges of his choice. He is doing the same with the Supreme Court.  He is restricted just now with his campaign rallies, but is in fact utilising the media and the corona virus briefings to achieve his same purpose. I heard one person on TV comment the other day that he has emptied the White House of any who speak against him or disagree with him and reduced the complement to those who agree and constantly praise him. There is no doubt in my mind that he does suffer from some phychological disorders but in a way he is not stupid, he is capable of overpowering critics, by whatever means I do not understand, and even has a full Senate of elected members confirming his actions. 

It is indeed a strange phenomenon, its like the lemmings all running off the cliff, but this is happening to the present free world leading country, and has gone from being a subject of ridicule and almost funny to one of fear and trepidation.

8 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

There is no doubt in my mind that he does suffer from some phychological disorders but in a way he is not stupid, he is capable of overpowering critics, by whatever means I do not understand, and even has a full Senate of elected members confirming his actions.

I don't think he has an iota of guile about him, he's simply too stupid to be crafty. If he weren't so stupid he wouldn't be so obviously narcissistic and frankly psychopathic.

It doesn't take smarts to tell anyone who doesn't cheer your every stupid remark to get out nor to be then left with nothing but the sycophantic.

Point blank refusing to answer the questions of critics while grunting fake news is not the mark of any type of smart operator. It's exactly what I would expect from a total idiot.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think he has an iota of guile about him, he's simply too stupid to be crafty. If he weren't so stupid he wouldn't be so obviously narcissistic and frankly psychopathic.

It doesn't take smarts to tell anyone who doesn't cheer your every stupid remark to get out nor to be then left with nothing but the sycophantic.

Point blank refusing to answer the questions of critics while grunting fake news is not the mark of any type of smart operator. It's exactly what I would expect from a total idiot.

Having dealt with people all my life I perhaps have a different feeling about mental disorders and stupid. I have seen perfectly sane people doing something that could only be described as stupid. I have seen people with serious mental problems consider actions that would almost take genius to enact.

If Trump is totally stupid how did he get men who during the campaign  said things such as Bill Barr that he Trump was a terrible human being. Lindsay Graham who made highly insulting comments about him, they are now loyal followers of this man, defend him rigorously, and in some cases are now lying for him. He to most of us seems stupid, but is he,. he lies through his teeth to large crowds and they adore him for it, and quite possibly re elect him because of it. Is that really a sign of stupidity, to me there is a certain intelligent calculation of people in this, promise everything they want, no gun control, no immigration by certain people, no abortion, preach about your belief in Jesus although on a daily basis you breach one of his Commandments. I look at this and think he isn't stupid, he may be nuts, but it seems so was Hitler and his acolytes, and see where that got Germany. There is nothing easier for a tyrannic leader than to have a core of believers who dwell on every word you say, absent totally of analysis, and criticism. Surprisingly enough accepting pure lies is not something that we all escape from. False praise, you look good in that suit,{ he looks like he's wearing flour bags}, you would be a better boss than him, we are human and subject to human weaknesses.

Is there not an old saying "there's none as strange as people".

39 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Having dealt with people all my life I perhaps have a different feeling about mental disorders and stupid. I have seen perfectly sane people doing something that could only be described as stupid. I have seen people with serious mental problems consider actions that would almost take genius to enact.

If Trump is totally stupid how did he get men who during the campaign  said things such as Bill Barr that he Trump was a terrible human being. Lindsay Graham who made highly insulting comments about him, they are now loyal followers of this man, defend him rigorously, and in some cases are now lying for him. He to most of us seems stupid, but is he,. he lies through his teeth to large crowds and they adore him for it, and quite possibly re elect him because of it. Is that really a sign of stupidity, to me there is a certain intelligent calculation of people in this, promise everything they want, no gun control, no immigration by certain people, no abortion, preach about your belief in Jesus although on a daily basis you breach one of his Commandments. I look at this and think he isn't stupid, he may be nuts, but it seems so was Hitler and his acolytes, and see where that got Germany. There is nothing easier for a tyrannic leader than to have a core of believers who dwell on every word you say, absent totally of analysis, and criticism. Surprisingly enough accepting pure lies is not something that we all escape from. False praise, you look good in that suit,{ he looks like he's wearing flour bags}, you would be a better boss than him, we are human and subject to human weaknesses.

Is there not an old saying "there's none as strange as people".

The people who are electing him are even dumber than he is. What sort of intellect votes against it's own economic and overall interests? Which is exactly what huge swathes of the Southern US did to elect him.

It doesn't take a genius to be elected in the US. Just say guns are good and I pray to God every day and you're already more than halfway there. Things that in any other high income Western nations would see you labeled a nutcase not a potential leader.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JFK-1 said:

The people who are electing him are even dumber than he is. What sort of intellect votes against it's own economic and overall interests? Which is exactly what huge swathes of the Southern US did to elect him.

It doesn't take a genius to be elected in the US. Just say guns are good and I pray to God every day and you're already more than halfway there. Things that in any other high income Western nations would see you labeled a nutcase not a potential leader.

:spoton:

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That  has been proven in this case, but it took by someone a certain amount of planning and advice to wipe out the numerous candidates Jeb Bush et al who ran in the primaries. There was also someone thinking rationally to have serious campaigning in Electoral College States that the opponent Hilary ignored and later were the deciders in the election, she having won the popular vote, but Trump being elected by the Electoral College system.

I want it to be assured that the last thing I want to be adjudged as is a Trump admirer, but you made the point yourself when you mentioned his lying and gruff answers to reporters, why does he do it and get away with it, simple answer, he is, no question the President of the United States, duly elected, sworn in, strange as it may seem it is a fact. I would also suggest having watched him recently on TV that at this time Joe Biden has less chance than I have of being elected President of the United States. With his difficulties in making his points, and the Trump campaigning during the crisis. I repeat, Trump is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he does it seems have an ability to attract they he needs to bolster his many shortcomings . Possibly the sign of mental problems, and they can transform in many ways, but and I am sure we will never agree, nothing as simple as stupidity.

J.T.F.Robertson

Some hang on his every word. 

Others, inbetween their feelings of contempt, can barely contain their hilarity as to how this utterly transparent buffoon has managed to attain the position he has.

Nae middle grund!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

That  has been proven in this case, but it took by someone a certain amount of planning and advice to wipe out the numerous candidates Jeb Bush et al who ran in the primaries. There was also someone thinking rationally to have serious campaigning in Electoral College States that the opponent Hilary ignored and later were the deciders in the election, she having won the popular vote, but Trump being elected by the Electoral College system.

I want it to be assured that the last thing I want to be adjudged as is a Trump admirer, but you made the point yourself when you mentioned his lying and gruff answers to reporters, why does he do it and get away with it, simple answer, he is, no question the President of the United States, duly elected, sworn in, strange as it may seem it is a fact. I would also suggest having watched him recently on TV that at this time Joe Biden has less chance than I have of being elected President of the United States. With his difficulties in making his points, and the Trump campaigning during the crisis. I repeat, Trump is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he does it seems have an ability to attract they he needs to bolster his many shortcomings . Possibly the sign of mental problems, and they can transform in many ways, but and I am sure we will never agree, nothing as simple as stupidity.

Quite a few people have written about Trump, here’s a psychologists view of him.

Trump

Clinical Diagnoses...

Narcissistic, Anti-Social (paranoid) and Emotionally Unstable personality disorder, with stress induced Psychosis; delusional disorder. 

Poor verbal communication; unadorned language. Excessive use of Narcissistic phrases and gaslighting.

1-2 years presentation suggestive of cognitive deficits in terms of speech, confusion, word recollection, lack of intonation. Presentation also indicative of memory impairments: Evidence suggests- Declarative, Implicit, Semantic and Episodic. Further assessment needed, recommendation 7MS, PSQ and SCL-90-R. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite a few people have written about Trump, here’s a psychologists view of him.

Trump

Clinical Diagnoses...

Narcissistic, Anti-Social (paranoid) and Emotionally Unstable personality disorder, with stress induced Psychosis; delusional disorder. 

Poor verbal communication; unadorned language. Excessive use of Narcissistic phrases and gaslighting.

1-2 years presentation suggestive of cognitive deficits in terms of speech, confusion, word recollection, lack of intonation. Presentation also indicative of memory impairments: Evidence suggests- Declarative, Implicit, Semantic and Episodic. Further assessment needed, recommendation 7MS, PSQ and SCL-90-R. 

Thank you you have published into words exactly what I feel about Trump, the one thing I cannot understand is why people join him though. I guess some see it as an opportunity through him to get into high places they would for numerous reasons been restricted from. Bill Barr probably the best example. He is/was a highly respected attorney. As I said previously he was critical of Trump, and seemed to have no use for him. Now he is perceived as being willing to lie on behalf of Trump, and to join this terrible human being in his objectives, why?. Trump a draft dodger constantly goes on about this virus all being like a war, and is the same as battle, how would he know he never was in one, but Pence et al nod in agreement with his statements. I have opined often that he won't finish his first term, I am now deeply concerned not only that he will, but that he will gain a second.

It is I think relevant that the people responsible have given excellent reasons for his behaviour, all sign of mental difficulties, and yet other than political opposition no one has accepted this and started action to have him replaced, contrarily they had the Impeachment opportunity and voted against conviction of any kind, in fact suggesting complete innocence

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Thank you you have published into words exactly what I feel about Trump, the one thing I cannot understand is why people join him though. I guess some see it as an opportunity through him to get into high places they would for numerous reasons been restricted from. Bill Barr probably the best example. He is/was a highly respected attorney. As I said previously he was critical of Trump, and seemed to have no use for him. Now he is perceived as being willing to lie on behalf of Trump, and to join this terrible human being in his objectives, why?. Trump a draft dodger constantly goes on about this virus all being like a war, and is the same as battle, how would he know he never was in one, but Pence et al nod in agreement with his statements. I have opined often that he won't finish his first term, I am now deeply concerned not only that he will, but that he will gain a second.

It is I think relevant that the people responsible have given excellent reasons for his behaviour, all sign of mental difficulties, and yet other than political opposition no one has accepted this and started action to have him replaced, contrarily they had the Impeachment opportunity and voted against conviction of any kind, in fact suggesting complete innocence

Absolutely, the Republicans candidates have been steadily worse from Reagan onwards. 
Putting that aside, and on topic, Hancock also spoke about winning today. Framing it as a war, Blitz/Dunkirk spirit, will make 

them look like heroes when its over. Like WWI&II, mistakes will be overlooked when victory is achieved. 

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A big chunk of Trump's base are religious nuts that will elect whoever is most hawkish on abortion rights. They also own lots of guns. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

When asked why he won't wear a face mssk, the clown says has a resolute desk.

His ineptitude would be ****ing hilarious, if it wasn't so serious.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Trump and his health secretary are throwing each other under the bus. Then trump blames Obama for having no stock and not funding the military (no idea why he mentioned that). He's having a breakdown.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

When asked why he won't wear a face mssk, the clown says has a resolute desk.

His ineptitude would be ****ing hilarious, if it wasn't so serious.

tbf his desk is one of two resolute desks. that is the name of it, not that it makes him resolute

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

tbf his desk is one of two resolute desks. that is the name of it, not that it makes him resolute

He's struggling. Its funny as ****.

Why is it we don’t have enough masks? “The previous administration,” Trump said. “Speak to the people from the previous administration. The shelves were empty.”

Everything is Obama's fault.

Trump should know all about empty shelves. Only his extreme narcissism stops him from being a total vacuum. 

32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Why is it we don’t have enough masks? “The previous administration,” Trump said. “Speak to the people from the previous administration. The shelves were empty.”

Everything is Obama's fault.

Trump has been president for over three years. That's more than enough time to address any issues with shortages of vital medical supplies. He either didn't ask about it, or didn't care about it, or both.

But how has he spent his time?  He's played a lot of golf.  He's held countless rallies for Republicans. He cancelled many of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, leaving tens of millions without adequate health insurance.

Now that the proverbial has hit the fan, with thousands dying after he down-played the danger despite plenty of warnings, there's only one course of action for the narcissistic ignoramus ... blame Obama. 

Dr Fauci was not present at todays briefings, some suggest there is a rift between him and Trump. If so that will be Fauci out, you cannot disagree, or contradict Trump.

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Trump

Clinical Diagnoses...

You missed out an alternative view. "very stable genius"

Needless to say that view didn't come from a psychologist.

A phrase Trump has repeatedly used to describe himself, starting in January 2018 when a book, Fire and Fury, raised questions about his mental stability.

Responding in a series of tweets, he said "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart" and that his achievements in life qualified him as "not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

He continued to describe himself as "a very stable genius" on multiple subsequent occasions.

Dunning–Kruger effect: In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their own ability.

It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

Martie Sirois wrote that President Donald Trump was "the Dunning Kruger effect personified."

I see the crook has fired the IG that did his job. Normally would be a scandal in itself but can be tucked away due to covid. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Some hang on his every word. 

Others, inbetween their feelings of contempt, can barely contain their hilarity as to how this utterly transparent buffoon has managed to attain the position he has.

Nae middle grund!

True. There's never been a more marmite president. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

You missed out an alternative view. "very stable genius"

Needless to say that view didn't come from a psychologist.

Dunning–Kruger effect: In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their own ability.

It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

Martie Sirois wrote that President Donald Trump was "the Dunning Kruger effect personified."

It wasn’t me that wrote it, the person who complied it has been self isolating and just fancied a bit of homework. I said she should analyse BJ but she said he’s not that complex 😃😆.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Image may contain: 1 person, text

But he wanted to make sure his signature was on the paltry $1,200 checks citizens are being sent, 'cause it's the important things that matter.

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

But he wanted to make sure his signature was on the paltry $1,200

checks citizens are being sent, 'cause it's the important things that matter.

How much is a handgun in America? 🤬

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

How much is a handgun in America? 🤬

Perhaps a better question

vChJXCWl.jpg

38 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

JFK must be turning in his grave with a feckin wankpiece like that being in the White House. 

No i'm still here. Though agree he's a first class moron and in the current circumstances who knows who is going to be in a grave in the near future.

43 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

JFK must be turning in his grave with a feckin wankpiece like that being in the White House. 

JFK was no shrinking violet.

I ****ing hate him. I can’t stand the ****ing prick. Anyone who voted for that utter cretin is a complete moron. **** him. 

Imagine being Fauci knowing that not only do many millions of people depend upon you for their lives, but you have to publicly agree with that narcissistic moron  because if you don't he'll sack you, costing many more lives.

J.T.F.Robertson

He's in the midst of his party political broadcast (otherwise known as a COVID 19 update) on behalf of the trumpublican party, right now ......... you're not going to hate him any less.

Still doing the 'not that many people knew there were over 150 countries in the world'

Don't judge us by your own clueless standards.

Now doing an expert monologue knowledge on the Spanish Flu. 

Something he hadn't heard of about a fortnight ago.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

I ****ing hate him. I can’t stand the ****ing prick. Anyone who voted for that utter cretin is a complete moron. **** him. 

Hate is too strong a word for me, but I agree with everything else you wrote and I agree with the sentiment.

His fans adore him, but I doubt if history will be kind to him.  I won't live long enough to read the books, but I think he will go down in history as the most divisive president ever.

And there is no denying that tens of thousands of Americans, maybe hundreds of thousands, will die on his watch, victims of a disease that he brushed aside for weeks, weeks when fast action by the federal government would have saved countless lives.  That one is on Trump, and no amount of lying and finger-pointing changes the facts.

10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

No he wasn't, but he was not the absolute fudbucket that is in there now.

Of course, he's that much of a fudbucket, they can't be bothered assassinating him.

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Hate is too strong a word for me, but I agree with everything else you wrote and I agree with the sentiment.

His fans adore him, but I doubt if history will be kind to him.  I won't live long enough to read the books, but I think he will go down in history as the most divisive president ever.

And there is no denying that tens of thousands of Americans, maybe hundreds of thousands, will die on his watch, victims of a disease that he brushed aside for weeks, weeks when fast action by the federal government would have saved countless lives.  That one is on Trump, and no amount of lying and finger-pointing changes the facts.

No Maple, get with the program it was all Obama's fault  :sarcasm:

4 hours ago, Drumelzier said:

No Maple, get with the program it was all Obama's fault  :sarcasm:

Yup. So far, he's blamed Obama, he's blamed the CDC, and other Republicans have blamed the Democrats for distracting poor Trump with the impeachment trial.

And Trump himself has stated that he accepts no responsibility for what is happening.  Quite a change from Harry Truman's "The Buck Stops Here."

Its a personal choice and I can well understand its use by others but hate is not   a word I personally choose to use, I also do not consider assassination a solution to the problem. Not because I have any appreciation for Trump or his policies, but because it could be the  way out for him. His name will live in infamy in history, he will be seen as having been incompetent, having questionable legal tactics, and brutal in his reaction to those who disagree with him. His recent firing of the Inspector general an example. A ships Captain was removed from his position by an Acting Secretary of the Navy, what is most relevant is the title Acting. The acting position needs no Hearings for appointment nor does their termination which Trump likes because he can fire with or wIthout cause.

At one point there will have to be a post action review of the a Coronovirus Pandemic, and the actions taken by all. It remains to be seen if all involved come out unscathed and having been correct throughout with their comments and actions. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)