U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Thank God am no the only Wan who thinks Farage is being moved into position for Ambassador. This gets better and better. :D

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Best strategy is make him think you're in his pocket, flatter the buffoon enough and he gives you whatever you want. 

Best strategy is for BJ to get fitted out with a Kim Jong Un wig
image.png.de11f81e7cd0ed579984e0552786de98.png

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Best strategy is for BJ to get fitted out with a Kim Jong Un wig
image.png.de11f81e7cd0ed579984e0552786de98.png

or to learn russian

Watched Trump today, it is a strange phenomenon when a man finds it so much easier to sit and lie than ever tell the truth.

24 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Watched Trump today, it is a strange phenomenon when a man finds it so much easier to sit and lie than ever tell the truth.

he has soo much practice in lying that telling the truth will feel alien to him

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Trump still going on about  Kim Darroch.

He’s certainly rattled his cage.

:pleasing::illogical:

A very handy distraction from the Epstein child rapey stuff.

38 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Speaking of

image.png.592b0bd8ea867bfe2c368d1730f6e041.png

C***.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

True.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Man child Trump forces out the UK ambassador then. Diplomats better not critique the tweeting golfer.  

What a mess the UK is in.

It can only get worse.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a mess the UK is in.

It can only get worse.

With any luck the UK is in it's death throes. 

When Trump was in the UK recently, he publicly praised Teresa May for the "wonderful job" she had done.

Now he's saying that her handling of Brexit was foolish and a disaster. All because the British ambassador ruffled his ego feathers.

Yet more confirmation that the guy is a blabbering nitwit.

He tweeted yesterday that he had given May good advice about Brexit. A reporter who claimed to know what the advice was that the U.K. should after exit sue the Union in the European Court.  The suggestion it was claimed was ridiculous and laughable because the U.K having exited would have no access to the Court.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

The irony of the village idiot Trump calling someone else "wacky and dumb"

3211d7ef668dedc8dc834a806f061db2.jpg

:rofl:

Reports that the illegal alien purge will start Sunday. I wonder if they will pin some sort of yellow emblem on their lapel, march them through town to the camp where there will be a sign saying, Proper Registration Makes Free. Some times you think have I seen something similar before, no couldn't be.

4 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Reports that the illegal alien purge will start Sunday. I wonder if they will pin some sort of yellow emblem on their lapel, march them through town to the camp where there will be a sign saying, Proper Registration Makes Free. Some times you think have I seen something similar before, no couldn't be.

Those poor *******s at Area 51 will be shitting themselves. 

But seriously, Trump is an absolute, er..... trumpet. 

Edited by Normthebarman

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Sometimes it difficult to believe that this clown is the most powerful person in the world.

22 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

The good news in a way is that the figure now mentioned is about two thousand made up of families, not millions as previously stated by Trump. What I didn't realise these type of actions have been carried out by  authorities for years, what is different they are usually done without the fanfare of this weekends actions. The motivation is also a bit different it is claimed that this is a typical Trump action to satisfy his base.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

This is in the Rose Garden.

They really are fukwits. 

8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

This is in the Rose Garden.

Just rename the White House to the Frat House. This is the kind of shit you expect to see from a cheap US high school movie. 

American Pie - The POTUS years. 

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Just rename the White House to the Frat House. This is the kind of shit you expect to see from a cheap US high school movie. 

American Pie - The POTUS years. 

To be fair on this one, there appears to be a counter video showing Karem starting off with the abuse. Either way, I don't think any side covered themselves in glory.

Francis Albert
21 hours ago, bobsharp said:

The good news in a way is that the figure now mentioned is about two thousand made up of families, not millions as previously stated by Trump. What I didn't realise these type of actions have been carried out by  authorities for years, what is different they are usually done without the fanfare of this weekends actions. The motivation is also a bit different it is claimed that this is a typical Trump action to satisfy his base.

The hype is no doubt targeted at the Trump base. But if this is a continuation of policies carried out for years, is the motivation for the actions themselves necessarily different ... and how much in any event does the motivation matter to those targeted?

15 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

What a smashing chap Trumpet Man is. Here’s another belter to add to the album. I despair for any country who elects an ignorant obnoxious arsewipe like this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48982172

Most of Trump's tweets are for the benefit of his base, who probably agree with him when it comes to people of colour, Muslims, immigrants, etc.

Despite all this latest nonsense and the terrible situation at the southern border, Trump's popularity is holding steady.  It's 42% today, almost unchanged for the last five months.

SwindonJambo
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Most of Trump's tweets are for the benefit of his base, who probably agree with him when it comes to people of colour, Muslims, immigrants, etc.

Despite all this latest nonsense and the terrible situation at the southern border, Trump's popularity is holding steady.  It's 42% today, almost unchanged for the last five months.

So with all faults, his rain, hail or shine base support is still above 40%. That’s scary. It is absolutely vital that the Democrats get their act together and come up with a credible presidential candidate who can beat him next year.

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

So with all faults, his rain, hail or shine base support is still above 40%. That’s scary. It is absolutely vital that the Democrats get their act together and come up with a credible presidential candidate who can beat him next year.

It's a lonnng, lonnnnng way to November 2020, but the only democrat at this stage who looks capable of beating Trump is Biden. And that should be a concern for the Democrats.

SpruceBringsteen
6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's a lonnng, lonnnnng way to November 2020, but the only democrat at this stage who looks capable of beating Trump is Biden. And that should be a concern for the Democrats.

It's taken me almost two years of living here to process what my wife told me when I was disappointed Sanders didn't get the 2016 nomination. We snigger at the US having a two party choice, but the country doesn't even want that. They want to choose between "good cop" right wing and "bad cop" right wing. Just the way it is.

An elec tion in 2020, Trump has been c ampaigning for two and a half years, Democrats have been offered the opportunity to take the White House from a proven liar, adulterer, stated by some even his own and now a foreign diplomat to be inept, stupid, immoral, his organisation disfunctional, his promise of nothing but the best shattered by resignations, removals and replacements, no wall.  Stated by Trump himself a man love for a murdering, dishonest dictator, a love in with the United States most long term enemy Russia and its dictatorial leader, and the Democrats accept this gift by probably nominating a seventy six year old non performer, and fighting bitterly amongst themselves.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

An elec tion in 2020, Trump has been c ampaigning for two and a half years, Democrats have been offered the opportunity to take the White House from a proven liar, adulterer, stated by some even his own and now a foreign diplomat to be inept, stupid, immoral, his organisation disfunctional, his promise of nothing but the best shattered by resignations, removals and replacements, no wall.  Stated by Trump himself a man love for a murdering, dishonest dictator, a love in with the United States most long term enemy Russia and its dictatorial leader, and the Democrats accept this gift by probably nominating a seventy six year old non performer, and fighting bitterly amongst themselves.

A seventy-six year old WHITE non performer.   That demographic doesn't even represent the Democratic party, let alone the USA as a whole. And that's the best the Dems can do?

It's enough to make you weep!

So Ethnic minority Congresswomen (3 born in the USA) have to go home and fix their own countries problems.

Edited by ri Alban

There is an American guy I know from cricket, originally from India but that now has American citizenship, who is a friend of mine of Facebook and former teammate. He has always been a really nice, funny guy, but he's also an evangelical nutjob and rabid anti-progressive and Trump supporter. To wit:

image.thumb.png.9c86de9ff7046c9ad1b259d82e9e23f3.png

The utter stupidity and intentional point missing of this meme is well beyond being worthy of discussion, and I had already ranted and told him to enjoy his Kristallnacht before Trump's tweets about AOC, Tlaib, Omar and Pressley, but I finally levelled with him in a more serious tone yesterday following that. Just basically said, earnestly, to always carry his passport now, as ICE have detained thousands of straight up citizens up to this point--something that had seen a sharp uptick since Trump got elected--and even had veterans on deportation lists. Given those tweets, I said I wasn't sure how much longer even that would protect him. It's actually scary.

Morning News interesting this morning lots of talk about Trumps telling  four Congresswomen to go back to where they came from. Three however born in the USA the other a US citizen, all three of course are women of color.  Not langauage you expect from a President but what else is new. Its just the way it is reported in the main cable channels, CNN and MSNBC shocked, Fox news well it happens and is probably taken the wrong way.

I wish I had a nickel for as often as an immigrant I was advised by an unhappy offender to go back where I c ame from, it was actually quite funny sometimes coming from an individual with an eastern European name spelled with almost no vowels, It is so easy an insult its not woth saying.

Because Justin Amash went independent, it is factual to say that as of now, zero Republican members of Congress have tweeted, had a press release, made a statement, anything, condemning Trump's racist tweet.

Racism is apparently simply their platform now.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Because Justin Amash went independent, it is factual to say that as of now, zero Republican members of Congress have tweeted, had a press release, made a statement, anything, condemning Trump's racist tweet.

Racism is apparently simply their platform now.

They, and he in particular, know which side their electoral bread is buttered. Despairing stuff!

SpruceBringsteen

Graham is an absolute oddball. Allowing himself to be blackmailed by threats of his sexuality being revealed.

Pro-tip G-Man: THE ENTIRE ****ING PLANET ALREADY KNOWS :laugh:

Trump's racism is clear for all to see after the Tweets directed at those elected Congresswomen. And the outrage from Trump's fellow Republicans is ... zero!

Now we know why racists love Trump. He's their hero. :pray:

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

I think Trump has crossed a line. 

He will not want to show any weakness.

I am watching to see how he squares this circle. 

He hasn't crossed a line with his supporters.  He is saying what they want him to say.

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I think Trump has crossed a line. 

He will not want to show any weakness.

I am watching to see how he squares this circle. 

He's just went out and called Dems as being the real racists.

Won't be long before he starts calling the victims of sexual assault the real sex pests.

If he hasn't already.

The Mighty Thor

He's certainly kicked it up a notch the last week or so. 

He's getting less rational by the day. There must be something going on that he feels he needs to drown out with the racism and MAGA pish.

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He's certainly kicked it up a notch the last week or so. 

He's getting less rational by the day. There must be something going on that he feels he needs to drown out with the racism and MAGA pish.

The Epstein stuff, perhaps?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)