U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

A Boy Named Crow
8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm honestly surprised that he's still alive.

7 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

His diet and lack of exercise should have been enough to kill him.

Putting these two together, nobody will bat an eyelid when he dies of a "heart attack"

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Putting these two together, nobody will bat an eyelid when he dies of a "heart attack"

That's what I thought, a ready made excuse.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The buffoonery of this nitwit is breathtaking.  But the conservatives love him.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's so much fun watch him squirm but unnerving at the same time. The more he's pushed into a corner and the more desperate he gets the more extreme he's going to be. And there's no doubt a large section of his support, from numbskull trailer park halfwits, to members of Congress, will take up violence on his behalf. It's a pretty scary balancing act. 

20 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

You think.

Trump could live to 140 and die of old age, and his supporters & the conspiracy nutjobs will tell us the 'deep state' killed him.

No matter when or how Trump dies, the nutjobs will have a field day with every conspiracy you can think off.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Taking the fifth - as I recall that means refusing to answer as I may incriminate myself.

Does that in itself not have consequences, saying that you don't want to incriminate yourself so you're saying nothing?

Wouldn't that be a non specific admission of guilt?

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You think.

Trump could live to 140 and die of old age, and his supporters & the conspiracy nutjobs will tell us the 'deep state' killed him.

No matter when or how Trump dies, the nutjobs will have a field day with every conspiracy you can think off.

Ha, a good point,  well made.

Maybe they have to 'Paul McCartney' him,  bring in a ringer! The replacement then slowly turns it around,  gradually bringing Trump's supporters back into the light...

... actually, it'd never work. If there's one group of people who'd immediately suspect this had happened,  it'd be the deep state,  flat earth,  stolen election Trumpists.

It's their stupidity that is their strength!!!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Taking the fifth - as I recall that means refusing to answer as I may incriminate myself.

Does that in itself not have consequences, saying that you don't want to incriminate yourself so you're saying nothing?

It does have consequences. You say it correctly and at the sort of level of possible charges Trump could face around security of Government documents its basically not the done thing at all. There is an obligation to cooperate. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct. Technically, no judge or jury is allowed to consider the taking of the fifth as evidence of guilt. But it's not a tactic taken lightly. When you invoke the fifth, you're essentially daring the state to find the evidence for what you're refusing to admit to. As such, defense attorneys almost always try to find another way to avoid answering questions, because it's kind of a back-to-the-wall defense.

Not to say it can't work, but it's not an indicator of a strong position of defense.

As someone who's been skeptical that Trump would ever face a real trial, the most encouraging thing right now is the sheer number of angles an venues he and his toadies are under threat of prosecution from. Giuliani is getting summoned to Georgia, the Manhattan DA is pinning him down, the Jan 6 committee has issued criminal referrals, and the FBI is rummaging through his Florida house, and that's just the top lines.

So re above etc people are saying Trump may have misunderstood the 5th amendment. 

Normally used for criminal cases, this is a civil case where pleading the 5th can be considered as an admission of guilt. Cooperation is expected in civil cases. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So re above etc people are saying Trump may have misunderstood the 5th amendment. 

Normally used for criminal cases, this is a civil case where pleading the 5th can be considered as an admission of guilt. Cooperation is expected in civil cases. 

Yeah I've just been reading this, how can rich guys have such shitty lawyers? Or does he just ignore them?

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've been reading more about it, it's bigger than the civil case.

There's also a parallel criminal case in Manhattan and the prosecutor there could use his deposition from the civil case.

Appears he's taking the smaller hit to avoid the bigger one.

Absolutely everything Trump ever touches, doesn't matter if it's businesses or scamming an entire nation. It's destined to turn to shit. Now the 5th amendment experiences the absurdity of Trump.

Only in Trump land could someone say mob bosses plead the 5th, then plead the 5th. I sometimes wonder if Trump is so stupid the irony is simply over his head.

I always thought they would get him on something. Not because i'm a Sherlock Holmes or anything, I simply couldn't compute that they could let him away with this. They absolutely had to do something or the nation was lost.

Ultimately they did and it's piling up on Trump while we haven't even concluded the Jan 6th hearings yet. He's in shit too deep to lie his way out of this time. He will probably spend the rest of his crooked lying life going from one court room to another.

Hopefully from some sort of confinement. This freak is a danger to the nation and beyond that even the world. And begging for money again. For what? The feds execute a search warrant at your house and that means people should send you money? Did they steal your telly?

Watched Hannity as usual last night, praising Trump and accusing Democrats of using FBI. Sadly for we non Trumpers you can see where this will hold credibility for the Trump supporters, Bidens Presidency is actually a bit of a disaster, the man is old, looks old acts old and thinks old, how Americans could have been forced into having to vote for this now relic or Trump. Russia and China are both quietly to an extent getting uppity, and Biden cannot handle it. Trump who proudly stood and humiliated himself saying he and the Chinese leader loved each other is now commenting on Bidens failure in that area.

I question my own intelligence that I watch a man reading the news to millions who takes no action to have his false dentures replaced to stop the annoying hiss when stating a word with an s sound in it.

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Attorney General to give a press conference about now. Nothing released about the topic but most assume trump

Merrick Garland, who Trump gave the position to about to unseal the records and let the public know what's going on. Seemingly had enough of his whining about the DoJ.

Beautiful :rofl:

Edited by trotter

Trump is so stupid you just have to prod him to say something and he will talk himself right into the can. While it doesn't look good pleading the 5th is the smartest thing he has ever done.

But outside the court room the lawyers can't control his stupid mouth, he talks and created more shit for himself. If he hadn't revealed the Feds had executed a search warrant no one would know. The feds wouldn't even have mentioned it because that's not how they operate.

They wouldn't talk about it because that would infringe on the civil liberties of an individual who currently isn't charged. But this moron revealed it, now they probably can talk about it. Go Trump you magnificent moron.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Trump is so stupid you just have to prod him to say something and he will talk himself right into the can. While it doesn't look good pleading the 5th is the smartest thing he has ever done.

But outside the court room the lawyers can't control his stupid mouth, he talks and created more shit for himself. If he hadn't revealed the Feds had executed a search warrant no one would know. The feds wouldn't even have mentioned it because that's not how they operate.

They wouldn't talk about it because that would infringe on the civil liberties of an individual who currently isn't charged. But this moron revealed it, now they probably can talk about it. Go Trump you magnificent moron.

I read that he pleaded (Pled? Plead?) the 5th 440 times in the deposition.

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm pretty confident Trump didn't count that total himself, that's a lot more than he has fingers. But it's interesting in that they probably know the answers to these 440 questions. Simply gave him the chance to respond. He declined.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm pretty confident Trump didn't count that total himself, that's a lot more than he has fingers. But it's interesting in that they probably know the answers to these 440 questions. Simply gave him the chance to respond. He declined.

I read that they took his incomplete memoirs in the raid, he hadn't finished colouring them in yet.

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I am pretty sure the expression is I take the Fifth, I am pretty sure it is not a plea. I think the Amendment has wordage about not having to say anything that could incriminate you, like the standard UK and Canadian warning that you are not obliged to say anything on the grounds that it may incriminate you. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I read that they took his incomplete memoirs in the raid, he hadn't finished colouring them in yet.

A version of it I saw went they took his entire library, all two books and one of them he hadn't even finished colouring in. Trump is like a living cartoon version of a human being.

As early as today we may get to see a copy of the warrant detailing what they were looking for. That is unless Trump wants to block it. In which case it would take 2 to 3 weeks for another judge to sign off on releasing it.

I'm guessing Trump will block it. When has he ever co-operated. Spend a couple of weeks talking shit about how they planted incriminating evidence on him. Mindless stuff.

But there are individuals even more mindless than he is. A moron leading retards.

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I am pretty sure the expression is I take the Fifth, I am pretty sure it is not a plea. I think the Amendment has wordage about not having to say anything that could incriminate you, like the standard UK and Canadian warning that you are not obliged to say anything on the grounds that it may incriminate you. 

Some people do use the term ”plead the Fifth” and it’s basically interchangeable with “taking the Fifth”, but you’re correct, its not an actual plea in the sense of guilty / not guilty.

Watt-Zeefuik

On the Fifth, it has implications in civil cases as well. If in the course of a civil suit, there are depositions where a judge or magistrate will expect you to answer questions as fully as you can. I could be suing someone for driving into my house, and in the course of a deposition I might ask if they were under the influence of illegal drugs. Once that person gives sworn testimony that they were under the influence of illegal drugs, that could become evidence in a criminal trial. So during that civil deposition where I just want you to pay for my house, you might plead the Fifth in that testimony to avoid being prosecuted for drug charges. 

Anyway, that's hardly the big news anymore, now that it's leaked that they were after nuke documents. 

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Some people do use the term ”plead the Fifth” and it’s basically interchangeable with “taking the Fifth”, but you’re correct, its not an actual plea in the sense of guilty / not guilty.

Thanks for the correction. I appreciate that.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

So Donny stole classified documents relating to NUCLEAR WEAPONS?!?!

:wow:

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Treason?

Have any Russian officials visited Trump since he left office and took those documents with him?  

If so, the Americans had better get used to the idea that the Russians now have copies of those documents.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

monopoly11.jpg?format=jpg&width=210

Do not pass Go.  Do not collect $200 ... that's the part that will upset him most.

If it was ANYONE else except Trump, the man would be in handcuffs by now.

14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Do not pass Go.  Do not collect $200 ... that's the part that will upset him most.

If it was ANYONE else except Trump, the man would be in handcuffs by now.

They didn't have any small enough that he couldn,t sqeeze his wee hands out of.

A Boy Named Crow
15 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

They didn't have any small enough that he couldn,t sqeeze his wee hands out of.

:clap:well played!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Trumps sister, who is evidently a lot smarter than he is, predicted right from the start of this clown somehow taking the Presidency that it would ultimately lead to tax problems. And here it is in New York.

She knew there had been all manner of tax scamming, and I mean scamming, not legitimate avoidance, on a massive scale for decades while the father was still alive. Potentially pulling her own inheritance from their father into it as well as Trumps and jios later 'business' dealings

That info came from his niece Mary Trump. And of course there's a lot more than that in the pipeline. The walls are closing in. 

A little news gem about the US which hasn't gained much publicity is that there were a record number of gun deaths in the USA in 2021, nearly 49,000 in one year.

Just to put that in perspective, the total number of US deaths in the entire Vietnam War was 58,000

I think the Republicans need to put more focus on their Thoughts and Prayers initiative.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

A little news gem about the US which hasn't gained much publicity is that there were a record number of gun deaths in the USA in 2021, nearly 49,000 in one year.

Just to put that in perspective, the total number of US deaths in the entire Vietnam War was 58,000

I think the Republicans need to put more focus on their Thoughts and Prayers initiative.

They love their guns more than their neighbours.

It's a public health issue that's been growing for decades.I can't see it changing .Wild figures just wild

periodictabledancer
22 hours ago, Cade said:

So Donny stole classified documents relating to NUCLEAR WEAPONS?!?!

:wow:

I'm seeing several tweets saying Trump jnr got TWO BILLION DOLLARS from the Saudis in May this year for info on nuclear power, not arms. 

Also a document from 2019 raising serious questions over Trump's dealings with S Arabia on the matter. Apparently it was no secret.

JudyJudyJudy

Not buying the crap about nuclear documents etc. Load of bollocks really. Some gullible people out there really. 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not buying the crap about nuclear documents etc. Load of bollocks really. Some gullible people out there really. 

So the FBI, the Justice Department along with at least one federal judge and goodness knows how many other law enforcement and judicial authorities, are lying and have just made this all up.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So the FBI, the Justice Department along with at least one federal judge and goodness knows how many other law enforcement and judicial authorities, are lying and have just made this all up.

Yes. Wake up. FFS 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)