U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Kalamazoo Jambo

Trump has been impeached (for a second time). Vote still going but well over threshold needed.

edit: technically not over until the gavel comes down, as members could theoretically change their vote until then, but whatever :)

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Donald Trump becomes first president in US history to be impeached twice, and faces trial in Senate over Capitol riots. Follow live updates

2 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Trump has been impeached. Vote still going but well over threshold needed.

Stood and watched people on the TV being killed at the home of government and did nothing. Focus should maybe be on that more than his words. Show the tent video as evidence

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, he becomes what he's always wanted to be remembered in history as, in years to come. 

A pub quiz question.

Which one though?

We still have

Tax evasion

Fraud 

Money Laundering

Sex offences 

charges likely to be brought

Oh and through his association with Epstein and Maxwell.....maybe just leave that one for now.

15 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

CNN mentioned the “QAnon caucus”.  That is just scary.  

According to CNN he is apparently more worried about his business than his legacy.   

It's unbelievable that some elected representatives seem to take it seriously.

The woman below has 'the secret' of Qanon. There are other videos of her after she was in the Capitol. The scariest thing is she's not a red-neck from some hick town, but a family doctor from Seattle. Complete and utter delusion on an enormous scale, it's hard to see how these types can get back to reality.

*Warning*

Watch the video at your own risk, cos once you know the secret of Q there's no going back!

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump will be impeached, so what Republicans say in the House means nothing.  It's when it gets to the Senate is where it counts.

McConnell is supposedly in favour of impeachment, which is important if true, but 17 Republicans in the Senate have to vote for impeachment, and that's a tall order.  

Once it has passed in the House of Representatives, the impeachment article will then head for the Senate, where a trial will be held to determine the president's guilt.

A two-thirds majority would be needed there to convict Mr Trump, meaning at least 17 Republicans would have to vote for conviction. As many as 20 Senate Republicans are open to convicting the president, the New York Times reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55642101

17 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

CNN mentioned the “QAnon caucus”.  That is just scary.  

According to CNN he is apparently more worried about his business than his legacy.   

The greatest deal maker in history is going bankrupt, he's broke.

Just think of the money he could have made on the after dinner speech circuit, but that's all gone now, maybe Melania might help out and earn some money, I'm sure she's gotta be good at something, you know as a seamstress or something like that.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Melania might help out and earn some money, I'm sure she's gotta be good at something, you know as a seamstress or something like that.

She's more likely to be abandoning the ship as it sinks below the waves while carting off any remaining cargo of value.

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The woman below has 'the secret' of Qanon. There are other videos of her after she was in the Capitol. The scariest thing is she's not a red-neck from some hick town, but a family doctor from Seattle. Complete and utter delusion on an enormous scale, it's hard to see how these types can get back to reality.

*Warning*

Watch the video at your own risk, cos once you know the secret of Q there's no going back!

I was ok up until you told me she is a family doctor.

Q is you and Q is me and we are all together.

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, he becomes what he's always wanted to be remembered in history as, in years to come. 

A pub quiz question.

Just said on CNN that Trump will be the cautionary tale that parents tell their children.

Always tell the truth because If you lie you'll end up like Donald Trump.  :rofl:

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

She's more likely to be abandoning the ship as it sinks below the waves while carting off any remaining cargo of value.

More than likely.

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Once it has passed in the House of Representatives, the impeachment article will then head for the Senate, where a trial will be held to determine the president's guilt.

A two-thirds majority would be needed there to convict Mr Trump, meaning at least 17 Republicans would have to vote for conviction. As many as 20 Senate Republicans are open to convicting the president, the New York Times reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55642101

I wonder where the NYT got that 20 number from.  As far as I've been hearing and reading, senators have been silent on the matter.

I still think that get 17 Republicans to convict is a tall order.

Kalamazoo Jambo
16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Which D didn't vote at all?

In the end they all voted for impeachment - I think there was one vote that came in right at the end.

0A1CE275-FF32-4227-93EF-1D43A2F4D3E8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I was ok up until you told me she is a family doctor.

Q is you and Q is me and we are all together.

Q is you and Q is me and Q is for fecking idiots.

That video looked like something from some crap B sci-fi movie.

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In the end they all voted for impeachment - I think there was one vote that came in right at the end.

0A1CE275-FF32-4227-93EF-1D43A2F4D3E8.jpeg

Ta.

Sure I saw 1 outstanding with 0.00 time remaining at one point.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Melania will be gone in the next 6 months if not quicker.

I think that depends on how long his initial purchase was for. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I think that depends on how long his initial purchase was for. 

Come on.  It's 2021.  People just rent/lease everything nowadays.  

No refunds.

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ta.

Sure I saw 1 outstanding with 0.00 time remaining at one point.

Yeah, there was a screenshot going around with that. Not entirely sure but it’s possible it goes to zero after the minimum 15 minute voting period, which is more often than not extended.

Kalamazoo Jambo
14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I wonder where the NYT got that 20 number from.  As far as I've been hearing and reading, senators have been silent on the matter.

I still think that get 17 Republicans to convict is a tall order.

A lot of Senators will either give indications on background to reporters, or will talk to other Senators who in turn talk to journalists.

Most likely Senate Republicans for conviction would be Romney, Toomey, Murkowski and Sasse. Collins could be in the mix but who knows as she has no spine. McConnell today indicated he was undecided, but that’s a warning sign for Trump - if he was a hard no, he’d have made that clear.

A couple of other factors play in...

- Warnock and Ossoff may not get sworn in for several days yet

- technically, it’s not 67 votes but rather two thirds of those present. So if anyone decides not to show up...

8 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yeah, there was a screenshot going around with that. Not entirely sure but it’s possible it goes to zero after the minimum 15 minute voting period, which is more often than not extended.

It was at 0.0 for a *very* long time last night for the 25th Amendment vote while voting was still going on, so that seems a reasonable explanation.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
37 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

*Warning*

These will be the same people that keep donating to the preachers you see wanting your money, on US tv on a Sunday.

29 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I said in an earlier post They will all desert the sunken ship. Melania, The sons, the daughter he made lewd comments about.No one knows a person better than their wife and family, his wife if you watched body language detests the man, conforms because she must at he moment, the boys "love" him jut now because he controls everything its all in the Donald Trump name, thats where his family power comes from. When he loses that as he will they will step in to get what they can, and the way to do that will be to excommunicate Donald. They have learned better than anyone the value of your loyalty to Trump, they have no doubt learned that knowledge and will use it against him as he would to they. I feel some pity for the young one Barron, he has a terrible life ahead of him. He has many years and experiences to look forward to when his father is mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I said in an earlier post They will all desert the sunken ship. Melania, The sons, the daughter he made lewd comments about.No one knows a person better than their wife and family, his wife if you watched body language detests the man, conforms because she must at he moment, the boys "love" him jut now because he controls everything its all in the Donald Trump name, thats where his family power comes from. When he loses that as he will they will step in to get what they can, and the way to do that will be to excommunicate Donald. They have learned better than anyone the value of your loyalty to Trump, they have no doubt learned that knowledge and will use it against him as he would to they. I feel some pity for the young one Barron, he has a terrible life ahead of him. He has many years and experiences to look forward to when his father is mentioned.

As long as the youngest son doesn't turn into a complete arsehole like the rest of his siblings.   

I won't hold my breath.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Stood and watched people on the TV being killed at the home of government and did nothing. Focus should maybe be on that more than his words. Show the tent video as evidence

The tent was before he spoke to the crowd. Plenty other evidence though. 
Pelosi on shortly. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

She’s moved half her stuff out the WH already apparently. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

She’s moved half her stuff out the WH already apparently. 

I think there was reports she never really moved in.

She just stayed at the bordello.  I mean, wherever she lived before.

Pasquale for King

I think there was reports she never really moved in.

She just stayed at the bordello.  I mean, wherever she lived before.

Which one 😜

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which one 😜

Wherever Trump bought her.

www.cheapslovakianwhores.com   I think

Don't click it

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Wherever Trump bought her.

www.cheapslovakianwhores.com   I think

Don't click it

Ouch, I thought there was two kicking around? Neither would hold his tiny white hands 😆😂

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ouch, I thought there was two kicking around? Neither would hold his tiny white hands 😆😂

Ah, you were talking about fake Melania.

I thought you meant which whorehouse.

🙂

Pasquale for King

Ah, you were talking about fake Melania.

I thought you meant which whorehouse.

🙂

I hope she’s got a better lawyer than her hubby, Lionel Hutz would fit the bill. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. All the people on social media expressing sympathy for Melania over the last four years and saying it’s such a shame for her. Nonsense. She’s as horrible a ***** as he is. I posted a tweet earlier in this thread of her condolences to the people killed in the Capitol. The first mention was “air force veteran Ashlli Babbitt” before the policemen she listed the people involved in the attack. And the police officers last. Then a bit of self pity about herself. 
She’s willing to live with and breed with a disgusting human being for the money and status it grants her, another power and wealth crazed individual. 

Edited by Tazio

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. All the people on social media expressing sympathy for Melania over the last four years and saying it’s such a shame for her. Nonsense. She’s as horrible a ***** as he is. I posted a tweet earlier in this thread of her condolences to the people killed in the Capitol. The first mention was “air force veteran Ashlli Babbitt” before the policemen she listed the people involved in the attack. And the police officers last. Then a bit of self pity about herself. 
She’s willing to live with and breed with a disgusting human being for the money and status it grants her, another power and wealth crazed individual. 

She’s also a birther. I have no sympathy.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Indeed, she wore this classy jacket on the way to a child detention centre ffs..

504B2488-1E03-4325-A996-D9175A12255F.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The greatest deal maker in history is going bankrupt, he's broke.

Just think of the money he could have made on the after dinner speech circuit, but that's all gone now, maybe Melania might help out and earn some money, I'm sure she's gotta be good at something, you know as a seamstress or something like that.

He's getting there quickly.

During Trump's presidential tenure, his sons have been "quietly paying down debt". How much? A whopping $67 million out of $1 billion (most of it falling due in the next 2/3 years). This guy's going down the pan. Melania better get in quickly while there's still some cash around.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2020/10/29/how-trump-has-quietly-paid-down-67-million-in-debt-while-in-office/?sh=207145b35717

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

It was at 0.0 for a *very* long time last night for the 25th Amendment vote while voting was still going on, so that seems a reasonable explanation.

The clock was suspended due to covid restrictions there was no time limit on voting

11 minutes ago, jamborich said:

The clock was suspended due to covid restrictions there was no time limit on voting

Covid has indeed stopped time itself, or so it seems.

Edited by DETTY29

58 minutes ago, Tazio said:

She got what she wanted her parents breezed through the emigration system, once that was  achieved Trump was orange marmalade on toast.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)