U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

8 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Agree. It should be 'account deactivated'. Americans seem to enjoy mangling the language.

Guess he'll pop up on Parler now. 

Indeed. The echo chamber is just about to become even more echoey.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It’s so echoey in there the main word you see is ‘pardon?’

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

On Fox news they have a guest banging on about how this is cancel culture and McCarthyism. 

They also have Steve Hilton on suggesting twitter be split up and there be competing platforms. 

5 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

It’s so echoey in there the main word you see is ‘pardon?’

:D Very probably. Just as a musing, do you think he would, as a final "flipping the bird to those who oppose him", declare presumptive pardons for any of the individuals charged with storming the Capitol? That would cause a bit of a chaos while keeping his friends at the Supreme Court busy for a wee while.

Saw Lindsey Graham arriving at an airport and being verbally attacked by Trump supporters because of his recent comments.  

Trump apparently leaving the White House and Washington on the eighteenth  to stay at his Florida golf course which I guess will be his permanent home. If I was him I wouldn't be considering a permanent family home, mebbe look at bachelor pads. 

Apparently when the Senators were in lockdown in the basement during the riots Trump was on the phone asking one of the Senators to keep delaying the electoral counts certification.  

There is a word I try not to use, and I won't now but I don't think I have ever had as much of the word meaning for any politician as I have for this man. I lived through Hitler but was not old enough to truly understand it all, and now I do understand it he is long dead so the emotions are a bit less time not healing but things do pass.

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If there is a more uneducated populace than that of the USA on earth, I've yet to hear of it.

The USA does seem to have a fairly thick population, particularly away from the coasts. But in world terms they'd be blown out the water by places like Sri Lanka where the government actively keeps people ignorant, to prevent uprisings  etc. 

Then there's good old Blighty, where the population was well enough educated to vote for something as mind buggeringly stupid ad Brexit!

The internet was meant to be this great leveller in terms of knowledge, but really I think it's just shown us how stupid / uneducated most folk are ...

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wished a cardiac on him. 

What can you do...(!?)🤷‍♂️

Should petition for reinstatement now. 👌🏻 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Parler has now been deleted from the Google Play Store.

That’s good, I still don’t know what it is though 😆

For those who also didn’t know. 

4282ADFA-3D23-478B-9071-A485B29F5E65.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D Very probably. Just as a musing, do you think he would, as a final "flipping the bird to those who oppose him", declare presumptive pardons for any of the individuals charged with storming the Capitol? That would cause a bit of a chaos while keeping his friends at the Supreme Court busy for a wee while.

Good question. I doubt it but you never know. It would give Republicans yet another excuse to back away from him. It would endear him only to a diminishing base of crazies.

Kalamazoo Jambo
7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Parler has now been deleted from the Google Play Store.

...and Apple has given it 24 hours to install a moderation policy or to be taken down from the App Store.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Saw Lindsey Graham arriving at an airport and being verbally attacked by Trump supporters because of his recent comments.  

Trump apparently leaving the White House and Washington on the eighteenth  to stay at his Florida golf course which I guess will be his permanent home. If I was him I wouldn't be considering a permanent family home, mebbe look at bachelor pads. 

Apparently when the Senators were in lockdown in the basement during the riots Trump was on the phone asking one of the Senators to keep delaying the electoral counts certification.  

There is a word I try not to use, and I won't now but I don't think I have ever had as much of the word meaning for any politician as I have for this man. I lived through Hitler but was not old enough to truly understand it all, and now I do understand it he is long dead so the emotions are a bit less time not healing but things do pass.

He called the wrong guy, who was scrambling around trying to find

Tuberville. Then Guilliani did it too.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tommy-tuberville-wrong-number-trump-2021-1?r=US&IR=T

Pasquale for King

Jim Acosta saying Trump has made a new video and they don’t know how to release it now hahahahaha 😆🤣😂

Pasquale for King

Twitter is warning of further possible attacks on the 17th and 20th. 

Big fingers

J.T.F.Robertson
50 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

On Fox news they have a guest banging on about how this is cancel culture and McCarthyism. 

I actually saw that, including the "uncle tom". Meanwhile they've been practicing a version of their accusation for years.

Nauseating!

Pasquale for King

Trump has tried to tweet from the POTUS account, deleted.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Trump has tried to tweet from the POTUS account, denied. 

As reality sinks in and Trump's world starts to shrink around him, I'm imagining it's beginning to resemble the end of Downfall in the west wing tonight.

812AyMxncpL._RI_.jpg

Edited by fancy a brew

Pasquale for King
Just now, fancy a brew said:

As reality sinks in and Trump's world starts to shrink around him, I'm imagining it's beginninging to resemble the end of Downfall in the west wing tonight.

812AyMxncpL._RI_.jpg

Pretty much. 
The tweets that he managed to get out earlier ^^^^ have been deleted 😆

J.T.F.Robertson
48 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

What completely boggles me is why anyone would put themselves "on the line" for someone who, unless you were born yesterday, has not one iota of empathy for anything, be it country, democratic process, ANY FEKING THING other than that which massages his delusional ego.

He is so blatantly a self-server it's inconceivable to me you wouldn't just laugh in his face.

That video in the tent where they're whooping it up as their minions wreck the joint. Feck me!

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Chuckle. At least I've the good grace to accept my suspension.

:verysmug:

20210109_014349.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-014306_Twitter.jpg

It looks like all the earlier rumors about him buying or starting a channel or some other source to spout his  lies and encourage civil unrest is com ngtrue.  He has an area of protection just now, but in thirteen days that is gone and if he and he will gets too threatening and encouraging could find himself in some serious trouble.  The only problem enforcers have is when likes of New York State and others prosecute and sentence him he will have so many jail sentences that he will not be able to serve them all, and once the Income Tax get him he will have no money left for lawyers, and Melania will have taken her swipe in the divorce settlement. I hope he gets a cell at some time with a violent African American cellmate who hates him for his racism.

13 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

It looks like all the earlier rumors about him buying or starting a channel or some other source to spout his  lies and encourage civil unrest is com ngtrue.  He has an area of protection just now, but in thirteen days that is gone and if he and he will gets too threatening and encouraging could find himself in some serious trouble.  The only problem enforcers have is when likes of New York State and others prosecute and sentence him he will have so many jail sentences that he will not be able to serve them all, and once the Income Tax get him he will have no money left for lawyers, and Melania will have taken her swipe in the divorce settlement. I hope he gets a cell at some time with a violent African American cellmate who hates him for his racism.

Id rather it was a violent sex starved African American that fancies him. 

John Gentleman
11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

"big announcement soon"

Here it is:

d2rpx1e-073f6aef-e3ec-4e5f-bd15-abc9c568

There's not many places he can go to now - even Google has been removing his Youtube videos. I'm predicting his ~$250m slush fund will buy into one of Newsmax/One America (perhaps even both, with discrete streaming sub-channels).

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Id rather it was a violent sex starved African American that fancies him. 

Thats pretty cruel.

But good 😀

So the authorities have a few people in custody now, including the eejit with his feet up on Pelosi's desk.  Good.

But the evidence against them is no more compelling than the evidence against Trump, or his daft lawyer Rudi, yet both of those are still free as birds.   

What Trump and Giuliani incited cost the lives of 5 people. Trump will likely be impeached (big yawn), but how come Giuliani is not in jail?

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

So the authorities have a few people in custody now, including the eejit with his feet up on Pelosi's desk.  Good.

But the evidence against them is no more compelling than the evidence against Trump, or his daft lawyer Rudi, yet both of those are still free as birds.   

What Trump and Giuliani incited cost the lives of 5 people. Trump will likely be impeached (big yawn), but how come Giuliani is not in jail?

Fair question. Mibbes it's because the authorities want the 20th Jan to pass before laying charges/indictments? Trump could just pardon them if they do it now. Yes, I'm aware that Nixon got pre-emptive pardons, but they were never tested in court as there was bilateral agreement, as in, "just get the sod out of our faces".

8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If there is a more uneducated populace than that of the USA on earth, I've yet to hear of it.

Dig a bit deeper and you'll find a startling number even take the same dim view of human rights as you do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

As reality sinks in and Trump's world starts to shrink around him, I'm imagining it's beginning to resemble the end of Downfall in the west wing tonight.

812AyMxncpL._RI_.jpg

Brilliant film.

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

God is worth a follow, as is Jesus. I woke up to the notification that Satan follows me. 

D8044E0E-B4B3-4F94-96AE-49E8DD25CC5B.jpeg

Do we know if that's genuinely the lady who died in the rioting?

11 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

And in America we don't deal with tuppenny-ha'penny messaging - we rely on common cents. I trust that clarifies matters.

Ba

Doom

Tish!

Well played.

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Dig a bit deeper and you'll find a startling number even take the same dim view of human rights as you do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh, cut me in half.

I take a dim view of those that hide behind human rights, when they are in the wrong, same way as others play the race card when they are wrong.

Anyways as far as I am concerned the good old US of A still have the most uneducated populace on earth.

Sorry to have infringed your human right(s).

PS. Mexico is now willing to pay for it's own wall, and the Canadians want one too.

Edited by John Findlay

All responsible social media outlets should be de-platforming Trump permanently. We have heard the story over and over now. Fake news, election fraud, etc etc.

There is no value in continuing to hear the utter drivel repeated eternally. It is and always was boring anyway. As was Trump.

The media too should begin blanking him once he's out. Aside from reporting on his trials/convictions. But we don't need to hear anything Trump has to say. And that would kill him believe you me. Trumps real obsession is to be talked about.

Edited by JFK-1

Tech billionaires don't actually care about deplatforming Trump or the alt-right, of course. This will pave the way to make it easier for them to deplatform anyone who criticises the establishment, and capital.

Laughing about it happening to Trump is all well and good, but the implications aren't pretty.

Just now, Justin Z said:

Tech billionaires don't actually care about deplatforming Trump or the alt-right, of course. This will pave the way to make it easier for them to deplatform anyone who criticises the establishment, and capital.

Laughing about it happening to Trump is all well and good, but the implications aren't pretty.

You equate violence with criticising the establishment? 

Twitter and the others are pretty free. You can find plenty content all over that is critical.

But Trump is effectively mounting a revolution. Just a line being drawn. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You equate violence with criticising the establishment? 

That's a pretty strong non-sequitur, sir

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Twitter and the others are pretty free. You can find plenty content all over that is critical.

But Trump is effectively mounting a revolution. Just a line being drawn. 

We'll see.

I was just reading , and its true, that had that mob  broken through with more speed or agility, the next three in line to the Presidency may not have been here today. When you take that in, they have to be hammered. There is no hyperbole or exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Oh, cut me in half.

I take a dim view of those that hide behind human rights, when they are in the wrong

The whole point of human rights is, as a human, you keep them even when you're in the wrong. Happy to help.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

same way as others play the race card when they are wrong.

:facepalm:

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The whole point of human rights is, as a human, you keep them even when you're in the wrong. Happy to help.

Facepalm all you want.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Do we know if that's genuinely the lady who died in the rioting?

Ba

Doom

Tish!

Well played.

Yeah there was two female insurrectionists killed. 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/01/08/woman-possibly-crushed-to-death-these-are-the-five-people-who-died-amid-pro-trump-riots/?sh=14a546e5737c

DE4E40CA-89CD-4D83-BA21-B6AA218C2FB7.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If you equate human rights, to be killed or to live with the constant threat of violence, then fair enough.

But its the law of the jungle. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I was just reading , and its true, that had that mob  broken through with more speed or agility, the next three in line to the Presidency may not have been here today. When you take that in, they have to be hammered. There is no hyperbole or exaggeration. 

Pence was shocked that Trump didn’t call him to see if he was ok afterwards, his wife was there for some reason. How could he be so surprised, has he not been paying attention these last four years of how if you’re not with him you’re an enemy. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)