Summer strengthening

Agentjambo

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

I think for a GK we should go for David Marshall or Michael McGovern(our Northern Irish connection) 

LB Stephen Hendre or Luke Leahy would be a good shout

CB Halckett

Wingers Cadden and GMS

CM Lewis McLeod is available in the summer scored 3 goals from midfield out of 22 games and as mentioned somewhere before David Wotherspoon(good spl level player) 

CF Shankland could be worth a punt

That's pretty much  my fm signings. 

All good shouts tbh. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Beast Boy

• Bull's-eye

We can't have another transfer window of 'wholesale changes'.  We probably need at least 5 new players which isn't great, but if we try to start again we just run in to the same problems.  No team in the world is ever going to sign a large quantity of players where they all turn out to be great.

Goalkeeper, left back, centre back, winger and striker and probably a centre mid if Djoum leaves. God help us if no Djoum and Naismith next season.

Instead of deciding who you would want to get rid off, more to the point, how many of them are really worth keeping in the present squad, Smith, Souttar, Naismith, Djoum, Clare ???, Cochrane, Haring, Keena,  Vanechek ???, Berra ??? plus any promising youngsters about to come through, any of the rest of them could move on and I wouldn't lose any sleep over them.

Will probably be another high turnover again I’d imagine. Still lack creativity and pace. Also I imagine we’ll sign at least 1 maybe 2 goalies and probably the same amount of left backs. 

Potentially catastrophic if Djoum and Naismith both leave. 

Goalkeeper 

Left Wing Back

Right Wing Back

Left sided Centerhalf 

Quality central mid

A rapid Winger

We’ll have to replace Naisy and Djoum if they go.

Fly the Saltire
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Goalkeeper 

Left Wing Back

Right Wing Back

Left sided Centerhalf 

Quality central mid

A rapid Winger

We’ll have to replace Naisy and Djoum if they go.

Might also have to replace Souttar if a large bid comes in although he had a bit of a mare to-day. However playing  back three doesn't work with Berra wide left.  Another quick striker also needed  so that's almost a whole new team.

Pasquale for King
On 16/02/2019 at 23:46, The Future's Maroon said:

Might be a bit different, but I’d like to see us add some good pedigree coaches, Hartley & Hughes for example, the job guys like that do on a training pitch is invaluable.

What makes you think Hughes would be a good coach, he’s not that vocal and has no experience or coaching badges. He doesn’t want to go into coaching straight from retiring apparently. Hartley yes.

7 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Might also have to replace Souttar if a large bid comes in although he had a bit of a mare to-day. However playing  back three doesn't work with Berra wide left.  Another quick striker also needed  so that's almost a whole new team.

Agree. Berra should be in the middle where he can stick to his bread and butter defending. Another centerhalf that’s plays on the left and can pass like Souttar would be ideal.

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What makes you think Hughes would be a good coach, he’s not that vocal and has no experience or coaching badges. He doesn’t want to go into coaching straight from retiring apparently. Hartley yes.

Hope he's a better coach than a manager then.

Edited by JamboAl

21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree. Berra should be in the middle where he can stick to his bread and butter defending. Another centerhalf that’s plays on the left and can pass like Souttar would be ideal.

Jimmy Dunne back next season please. He is right footed but thought he was excellent in using his left. 

17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jimmy Dunne back next season please. He is right footed but thought he was excellent in using his left. 

Agree mate, Jimmy was an 8/10 every week and was good on both feet, no slouch either. Him, Berra and Soapy with a solid keeper behind them would be like our Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli with Buffon behind them, tough to score against.

bringonthesevco

Can we just dig  out the same posts from the last 5 transfer windows - you know the ones that say can we PLEASE sign a creative midfielder ...

bringonthesevco
16 hours ago, Morph said:

We can't have another transfer window of 'wholesale changes'.  We probably need at least 5 new players which isn't great, but if we try to start again we just run in to the same problems.  No team in the world is ever going to sign a large quantity of players where they all turn out to be great.

But most teams probably don’t sign so many completely gash midfielders / wide players ..

All Gash / not good enough for team aiming for top 2/3/4

lee

bozanic

edwards

burns

mulraney

Good Enough

Haring 

so so we have 1 good midfielder from 6 signings and he’s the one we admit we signed as a defender

Foderingham apparently wants out of Rangers if he can't get first team football.......Unlikely with McGregor there.  Any chance our team could be looking at him for a summer move?  

55 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

But most teams probably don’t sign so many completely gash midfielders / wide players ..

lee

bozanic

edwards

burns

mulraney

Good Enough

Haring 

so so we have 1 good midfielder from 6 signings and he’s the one we admit we signed as a defender

Bozanic is alright, works hard but would be blown over in a strong gust of wind. 

Id give young Bob Burns a couple of seasons, just a young laddie.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I see Wes Fotheringham is looking to leave Sevco. I’d happily take him, he’s decent enough. 

Think he has had some Dyle-esque bloopers himself (usually with the ball at his feet)?

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If we sign David Wotherspoon, i'm setting fire to myself outside the Oriam.

Literally.

I’d like to watch that. 

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’d like to watch that. 

:lol: 

I'll give him a chance, perhaps, but the first free kick or corner that doesn't beat the first man and the petrol is coming out.

I see Wes Fotheringham is looking to leave Sevco. I’d happily take him, he’s decent enough. 

Reckon he will go back down to England a few clubs that want him down there. 

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think he has had some Dyle-esque bloopers himself (usually with the ball at his feet)?

I suppose that’s the risk with these modern day keepers. He’d be a marked improvement though on what we have. Unless we find another Niemi or we have another Gordon in our ranks.

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yip, don’t think we could afford him anyway. 

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

For decent money also.

What about St Johnstone's 'keeper?

44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'll give him a chance, perhaps, but the first free kick or corner that doesn't beat the first man and the petrol is coming out.

Where has the David Wotherspoon to Hearts come from? 

45 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

For decent money also.

St johnstone will demand a fee his contract is until 2020 maybe get him on a pre contract later on but doubt it we will be looking at pre contracts and free agents again. 

45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Where has the David Wotherspoon to Hearts come from? 

Think it was mentioned further up the page?

Or i may have dreamt it.

Will be another window of lots of incomings and departures. 

Out:

Doyle

Zlamal

Shaughnessy loan end 

Dikamona 

Hughes 

Mitchell (loan end)

Lee 

Edwards 

Mulraney 

Djoum? Hope not be out of contract 

Naisy (loan ends)? 

Vanecek if he doesn’t get his act together 

Possibly MacLean as well 

Sammon (contract ends)

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

St johnstone will demand a fee his contract is until 2020 maybe get him on a pre contract later on but doubt it we will be looking at pre contracts and free agents again. 

He’s just signed an extension until 2021 so this nonsense should be put to bed thankfully.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will be another window of lots of incomings and departures. 

Out:

Doyle

Zlamal

Shaughnessy loan end 

Dikamona 

Hughes 

Mitchell (loan end)

Lee 

Edwards 

Mulraney 

Djoum? Hope not be out of contract 

Naisy (loan ends)? 

Vanecek if he doesn’t get his act together 

Possibly MacLean as well 

Sammon (contract ends)

Some of those have contracts past the summer so I can’t see many of them going, don’t forget Martin too.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

For decent money also.

He’s not up to much either, I think we will need to look further afield for a new goalkeeper or two.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bozanic is alright, works hard but would be blown over in a strong gust of wind. 

Id give young Bob Burns a couple of seasons, just a young laddie.

He does have ability and desire but he’s slow and small which is a combination that makes it’s extremely difficult to be a top class player.

8 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

lee

bozanic

edwards

burns

mulraney

Good Enough

Haring 

I'm not disagreeing that we continue to bring in some dross, but we're going to have to make do at some point and concentrate on bringing in quality players over 10 randoms.

1 steven naismith is worth about 20 edwards'.  We need to really get quality in key areas as individuals can win games in this league.  There's not a massive amount of difference in quality among 3rd-6th, so individuals can make a big difference.

Very weird to have a go at Burns there btw, he's about 17 and has been on loan for the majority of his time at a team which are playing well beyond their means.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He does have ability and desire but he’s slow and small which is a combination that makes it’s extremely difficult to be a top class player.

Decent stand in and does a job. Prefer we kept him and punted Lee tbh. 

Pasquale for King

Decent stand in and does a job. Prefer we kept him and punted Lee tbh. 

Sorry I meant Burns but I could’ve been talking about Bozanic too I suppose. As for Lee I spotted right from the start he was slow and doesn’t track runners. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I meant Burns but I could’ve been talking about Bozanic too I suppose. As for Lee I spotted right from the start he was slow and doesn’t track runners. 

Might take a wee bit of time with Burns but he was a low risk signing. If it doesn’t work out in two years or so he’ll head back to N.Ireland and become a solicitor or something. I don’t think football is the be all and end all for that laddie. We’ll see. 

Not or a fan of Lee at all. He’s not a bad player, very capable of brilliance but it’s too little too often, he’s like a 5 or 6 out of 10 in most games then he’ll pop up with a good game every 10 games or so, not really going to cut it here. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yip, mentioned this a few weeks ago. 

Always liked him. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s just signed an extension until 2021 so this nonsense should be put to bed thankfully.

?

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Might take a wee bit of time with Burns but he was a low risk signing. If it doesn’t work out in two years or so he’ll head back to N.Ireland and become a solicitor or something. I don’t think football is the be all and end all for that laddie. We’ll see. 

Not or a fan of Lee at all. He’s not a bad player, very capable of brilliance but it’s too little too often, he’s like a 5 or 6 out of 10 in most games then he’ll pop up with a good game every 10 games or so, not really going to cut it here. 

Yeah Burns seems to be a rarity, am intelligent boy.

Lee is bang average, like so many other derby heroes who will always be remembered for that. 

10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If we sign David Wotherspoon, i'm setting fire to myself outside the Oriam.

Literally.

Set fire to him instead.   :sterb032:

18 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We should be signing a new manager first. 

And upset the massive majority of Hearts supporters. 

That would be really stupid. 

I see where you're coming from.