Summer strengthening

Agentjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

GK - neither ZZ or Doyle are top 3 team quality imo.

2 x CH’s - Hughes is gone, Shaugnessy is only on loan and Clevid seems to have fallen out of favour.

LB - we need a left footed Micheal Smith type player

CDM - need an adequate replacement for Haring 

MF - at least 2 or 3 required with Djoum going plus we need to upgrade on what we have to progress. A couple of players to play either side of Haring  are needed.

RW/LW - we need better wingers on both sides of the park

CF - we need an experienced fox in the box.

It may look a lot but we’ll be losing upwards of seven players imo.

Clevids only ever going to be back up whilst Souttar and Berra reign 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Beast Boy

• Bull's-eye

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree with you we don't need much! There needs to be pathway for the likes of Cochrane, keena, McDonald etc 

Are you serious? We don't need anyone in.

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree with you we don't need much! There needs to be pathway for the likes of Cochrane, keena, McDonald etc 

I think there is/was a pathway but our amazing start to the season put the kybosh on it a bit, imagine the seethe if Mr Levein started putting in youngsters while we're fighting to stay top. Then injuries compounded the problem. 

Stability and familiarity is the only way to bed them in, or just go gung ho and give them all a run of games and subject them to the torrent of abuse that will undoubtedly come swiftly after. 

If Naismith and Djoum go, it may leave us in a similar position as the hobos are this season, if we do not find a decent replacement for them.

2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

If Naismith and Djoum go, it may leave us in a similar position as the hobos are this season, if we do not find a decent replacement for them.

Without doubt.

7 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Replacements are all ready lined up, I have no doubt about that whatsoever, both players leaving will give us plenty of time to replace. 

It's last minute transfers that will give us and most clubs an issue. 

As a minimum;

A first choice left back.

A centre midfielder with a bit of dynamism

A first choice winger

A creative option middle to front (essential if Naismith leaves)

If we can do further business;

A number 1 GK

Young CB option

A playmaker

Another Winger

Captain Bubblebeard
4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Lock Naismith and Djoum in a room and force them to sign. Apart from that the obvious ones are a proper high quality GK and LB, plus probably another wide player (GMS would be ideal but I dont see it). Then assuming noone leaves we’ll have a strong balanced starting XI

This

Bazzas right boot

Likley big changes, most enforced on us. 

Goalie 

Replace Djoum and Naismith. 

Wide player - Caden? 

Left back after Mitchell leaves. 

Replace Souttar, if this is the case we'll have a bit cash to spend, tho. 

Hughes, Maclean away as well but Kenna can take Maclean's spot. 

Dikamona to replace Hughes. 

Ideally Scottish league ready, so from England or Scotland. 

Can't have 3/4 players needing time to adapt, If we're replacing Djoum and Naismith we'll need folk to have an immediate impact. 

I'd take hackett as well if possible, perfect defender for Scottish football. 

Top of head

Hackett to replace Souttar/ hughes

Cadden out wide. 

Left back, unsure. 

Fletcher or Adam to replace Naismith. 

Djoum--No idea or both above. 

Gk, no idea but I'd go for Foderingham. 

Is Souttar is sold we should be paying a bit more so can hopefully get decent replacements. 

BerraBelieveit

If John Souttar leaves Hearts in the summer it'll be for about 55 million which will be enough to buy the league next season. 

Signing him up until summer 2022 is one of the best pieces of business Hearts have ever done imo. 

Rolls Royce of a defender. 

However, I do agree getting a young centre half in to keep him and Berra on their toes & cover us for injury should be a priority. 

Can't see us getting Jimmy Dunne back again but need someone with similar attitude and talent as I felt he was the perfect fit. 

A lot of next season depends on whether we can hold onto Naismith or not. He is the heartbeat of the entire team and will be very difficult to replace as he has a positive impact on numerous players. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Are you serious? We don't need anyone in.

Yeah I'm serious! I've said we should prioritise trying to tie up naismith and djoum aswell as get haring and ikpeazu on longer contracts and if we can do that we pretty strong squad wise in my opinion  

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Clevids only ever going to be back up whilst Souttar and Berra reign 

When we’ve played a back 3 he appears to be behind temporary signing Shaugnessy.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah I'm serious! I've said we should prioritise trying to tie up naismith and djoum aswell as get haring and ikpeazu on longer contracts and if we can do that we pretty strong squad wise in my opinion  

I think any decent coach/manager is always looking to improve their squad. Even if we can manage to retain Naismith and DjoumI still think we can do much better in our midfield other than Haring.

Lee, Bozanic, Morrison and Clare could all be improved on not to mention others that will not be used such as Edwards and Martin.

We need a LB as we only have Garuccio now that Mitchell is crocked so in my opinion we still need a number of players in.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

When we’ve played a back 3 he appears to be behind temporary signing Shaugnessy.

It's possible he's still suffering the odd niggle after pushing himself to play on injured a few weeks back.

I think come the summer we should be looking to build on what we have. 

Our goalkeeping situation I think warrants another look. Neither Doyle or Bobby are filling me with much confidence. Leftback remains an issue and we don't really have that midfielder who can play defence splitting passes. 

Berra is getting on now and obviously Souttar may not be here much longer. We also may not keep Naismith so bringing in a player that has his drive is crucial. 

So, 

Goalkeeper X1

Promising young Centreback X1

Leftback X1

CAM X1

Naismith X1

As far as suggestions go, Gordon or Clark at St Johnstone would be good goalkeeping choices. We seemed keen on Kerr earlier in the season but he has signed an extension (CB). Leftback I don't have a clue and players like Fletcher or Adam would improve us. 

Pasquale for King

We need a better goalie, yet again we need a LB, depending on bids for Souttar we will need at least one CH with Hughes finally retiring, replacements for Djoum and Naismith(hopefully not) and a least one winger. Can’t see Martin/Maclean/Edwards leaving with a year left in their contracts.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Top Corner said:

We need creative midfield players. 

If Naismith goes to America we will see what we're really about. 

I think we’ve seen it already when he was out, a rudderless ship springs to mind.

Would go all out and try and sign Darren Fletcher. What a bit of business that would be...his experience alone would be an asset. He would show Cochrane the exact t level of discipline and hard work needed to make it far in the game. 

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need a better goalie, yet again we need a LB, depending on bids for Souttar we will need at least one CH with Hughes finally retiring, replacements for Djoum and Naismith(hopefully not) and a least one winger. Can’t see Martin/Maclean/Edwards leaving with a year left in their contracts.

Before we acquire anyone I think we should see where we're at with the likes of Cochrane, McDonald and Irving - otherwise there's little point in spending good money on an academy.  They'll be getting further and further back in the queue.

Unless we've decided already that they're not going to make it.

So by the sounds of it people want a team like: 

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Berra New LB 

Adam Fletcher Haring 

Naismith 

Uche New St 

Bridge of Djoum
On 15/02/2019 at 02:35, Agentjambo said:

I know it's a bit off yet but how much do you think we have to strengthen in the summer?

I'm gonna work on my quads during the Spring, then Upper body in the Summer. 

On 15/02/2019 at 08:33, Barack said:

If Lee Wallace returns, I hope it's as a kiosk manager.

If I fimd out even 1p of my FoH sub goes to him I will cancel.

16 hours ago, Top Corner said:

We need creative midfield players. 

If Naismith goes to America we will see what we're really about. 

So what you’re saying is, if we lose our best midfield player, we won’t be as good?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

So what you’re saying is, if we lose our best midfield player, we won’t be as good?

I think you might be onto something there. 

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I think you might be onto something there. 

It’s our own stupid fault for relying on him. We should have dropped him for a few games and played systems that don’t suit him until the other players were less reliant on him. The other option of course was to bring in another £50k p/w player for his position that is happy to sit on the bench until Naismith gets injured or suspended. Hindsight is always 20/20 though mate. ?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s our own stupid fault for relying on him. We should have dropped him for a few games and played systems that don’t suit him until the other players were less reliant on him. The other option of course was to bring in another £50k p/w player for his position that is happy to sit on the bench until Naismith gets injured or suspended. Hindsight is always 20/20 though mate. ?

Drop all our best players so the others get up to speed and then they become our best players, then drop them and put the previous best players back in. I like it.

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Drop all our best players so the others get up to speed and then they become our best players, then drop them and put the previous best players back in. I like it.

If it stops us being reliant on our best players, then it can only be a good thing. Wish someone had had the foresight to do the same with Robertson back in the day, and more recently Skacel.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If it stops us being reliant on our best players, then it can only be a good thing. Wish someone had had the foresight to do the same with Robertson back in the day, and more recently Skacel.

All our recent injuries?

A cunning plan by Mr Levein to give others a go while resting our best players?

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

All our recent injuries?

A cunning plan by Mr Levein to give others a go while resting our best players?

They will be much better players for it, I’m sure. Genius really.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we’ve seen it already when he was out, a rudderless ship springs to mind.

If he leaves we won't build a team around him. 

Also a bit different to a key player being injured. 

Not to mention the other injuries. 

We survived and won things before Naismith and will after. 

Don't fret. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

We just shouldn't sign good players, then we wouldn't rely on them. 

Barcelona should let Messi go now so they can adapt. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If he leaves we won't build a team around him. 

Also a bit different to a key player being injured. 

Not to mention the other injuries. 

We survived and won things before Naismith and will after. 

Don't fret. 

The team wasn’t built around him, it was around Uche but we still managed to win with Naisy in there. The team we have currently is unlikely to win a game without him never mind a trophy ?. He will be hard to replace not only for his play but his on field organisation. 

Gordon

Smith Souttar Berra

Morrison                               Wallace

Haring

Fletcher       Cochrane

Milinkovic

Uche.

Doubt people would be happy but that’s not a terrible team If Wallace & Milinkovic are still decent. 

Not saying thats who who I want but just with names mentioned, it’s not a terrible team.

Replace Djoum and hopefully not Naismith as first priority.  Then get a new GK and LB.  Michael Smith can play CB just fine so a replacement for Hughes is not a priority imo.  If we have signed Cadden then even more so.  A box to box midfielder and left-winger would be good too.

Assuming we re-sign or replace Djoum, Naismith and Dikamona then we only really have Hughes due to leave so I don't know if we'll find the money/space.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The team wasn’t built around him, it was around Uche but we still managed to win with Naisy in there. The team we have currently is unlikely to win a game without him never mind a trophy ?. He will be hard to replace not only for his play but his on field organisation. 

Ah well, may as well fold the club then. 

vlad on the tyne

With Hughes, Shaugnessy and Dikamona likely to be off at the end of the season, we should focus our efforts on Livingston's Craig Halkett. Halkett's looked comfortable at this level and clearly has a bit about him.  Definitely need some quality from the wing hopefully this is going to be addressed next season. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ah well, may as well fold the club then. 

I’ve told you a million times about exaggerating ?.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve told you a million times about exaggerating ?.

I've told you you a million times about pant wetting. 

But still..... ?

7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I'm not really interesting in talking to you. 

Everything is glorious in your world. 

Get yourself back to church. 

26 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I'm not really interesting in talking to you. 

Everything is glorious in your world. 

Get yourself back to church. 

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I've told you you a million times about pant wetting. 

But still..... ?

Yeah it’s pant wetting to worry about what will happen when our best player might not be around, when we’ve seen how utterly reliant our team and coaches are on him ??.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

With Hughes, Shaugnessy and Dikamona likely to be off at the end of the season, we should focus our efforts on Livingston's Craig Halkett. Halkett's looked comfortable at this level and clearly has a bit about him.  Definitely need some quality from the wing hopefully this is going to be addressed next season. 

Yes he’s dealt quite comfortably with what we’ve thrown at them this season, might be a few teams in for him but he’s the type we are looking for.

rudi must stay
On 15/02/2019 at 07:35, Agentjambo said:

I know it's a bit off yet but how much do you think we have to strengthen in the summer?

The core of the team: Berra, Naismith, Haring and Uche is good in my opinion. From there I think you can build a team, with Djoum going (no chance he's staying)  we're needing a box to box midfielder and I'm sure you can find a good one, a winger with experience would be a great signing too, even for the bench initially. Other than that I wouldn't want us to make alot of signings, plenty competition everywhere else.

On 15/02/2019 at 13:38, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Likley big changes, most enforced on us. 

Goalie 

Replace Djoum and Naismith. 

Wide player - Caden? 

Left back after Mitchell leaves. 

Replace Souttar, if this is the case we'll have a bit cash to spend, tho. 

Hughes, Maclean away as well but Kenna can take Maclean's spot. 

Dikamona to replace Hughes. 

Ideally Scottish league ready, so from England or Scotland. 

Can't have 3/4 players needing time to adapt, If we're replacing Djoum and Naismith we'll need folk to have an immediate impact. 

I'd take hackett as well if possible, perfect defender for Scottish football. 

Top of head

Hackett to replace Souttar/ hughes

Cadden out wide. 

Left back, unsure. 

Fletcher or Adam to replace Naismith. 

Djoum--No idea or both above. 

Gk, no idea but I'd go for Foderingham. 

Is Souttar is sold we should be paying a bit more so can hopefully get decent replacements. 

I think for a GK we should go for David Marshall or Michael McGovern(our Northern Irish connection) 

LB Stephen Hendre or Luke Leahy would be a good shout

CB Halckett

Wingers Cadden and GMS

CM Lewis McLeod is available in the summer scored 3 goals from midfield out of 22 games and as mentioned somewhere before David Wotherspoon(good spl level player) 

CF Shankland could be worth a punt

The Future's Maroon

Might be a bit different, but I’d like to see us add some good pedigree coaches, Hartley & Hughes for example, the job guys like that do on a training pitch is invaluable.