Windies v England.........

JWL

Quite a few cricket fans on here; what a result. Series win for the West Indies, hopefully that's them heading back to what they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Francis Albert

Deliighted for the West Indies. Some of my great sporting heroes of the 60s 70s and 80s. The decline in the last few decades was sad and great to see a revival.

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

England are horrendous under Root.

Root's England coming to the Windies on the back of series wins against India and Sri Lanka with 7 test wins out of 8 are horrendous?

It's all about the Windies, they batted, bowled, fielded just outstandingly played with a lot of heart, well led and used their reviews brilliantly and hopefully this is a Windies team that can re-capture some of the brilliance of the 70s/80s

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Some result by the West Indies and great for the Test game in their country. 

England have made a complete hash of their line-up. 

Denly isn't an opener, Bairstow is a 5 and not a 3, Buttler is two places too high at 5, Foakes should be above Ali. Not selecting Broad in the first test was also an error. 

Suspect Root won't be overly concerned though. Their year will only be defined by Works Cup and Ashes success latter in the year. 

14 hours ago, JWL said:

Quite a few cricket fans on here; what a result. Series win for the West Indies, hopefully that's them heading back to what they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I went to England v West Indies at Old Trafford in the early 80-s for a test match and one of my memories (apart from Botham hitting a quick 50) was a couple of thousand Windies fans dancing to the beat of beer cans being hit together. Cracking stuff that seemed to die out unfortunately. 

Watching Marshall, Holding, Ambrose, Garner etc ??

ToadKiller Dog

Windies seem to be finally getting the balance right between test players and one day 20/20 players. Hopefully this is the start of them becoming a force in test cricket as the game us better with a good Windies side. 

Roots tenure as capt as sombody said will depend on the ashes. 

But he made a few too many mistakes in the last two tests.  One thing going for England is Anderson still looks like he has years left in him yet. 

2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Windies seem to be finally getting the balance right between test players and one day 20/20 players. Hopefully this is the start of them becoming a force in test cricket as the game us better with a good Windies side. 

Roots tenure as capt as sombody said will depend on the ashes. 

But he made a few too many mistakes in the last two tests.  One thing going for England is Anderson still looks like he has years left in him yet. 

I'm not sure he has to be honest. He looked totally downhearted and frustrated over the past few days but this was obviously due to the batting inadequacies. However, due to the World Cup, The Ashes tests come thick and fast starting in August. A massive effort required from him and Broad as the front line bowlers.

rambothejambo
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:48, Mikey1874 said:

Home advantage is now major in test cricket. 

England have been dire. But still favourites to win the Ashes later in year. 

Might be worth a bob or two on the Aussies then :whistling: They have looked pretty decent against Sri Lanka (albeit a pretty poor team) and they have a couple of very decent youngsters coming through. Add this to Smith and Warner being available and it could turn out to be a very interesting Ashes. Obviously conditions in England will suit Jimmy Anderson & Stuart Broad better but one or two of the Aussie quicks will appreciate swing conditions as well. Really looking forward to August, keep reminding myself that the next Ashes series in Australia (Winter 2021) I'll be there in person :jiggy: