Alex Salmond arrested ( merged )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You read WOS. I don’t think you can criticise anyone for their choice of reading material tbf. 

Not that I rely on red tops or the BBC to get my news. 

What did I read prior to me reading Pro Scottish material years ago? I changed my opinion when I knew Scotland was being told untruths, shall we say. 

If the msm was balanced or pro Indy we would have been independent years ago. Information is suppressed or twisted and to say it isn't is being disengenuous. 

What drives your thoughts and opinions and how can you listen or read items knowing it's incorrect? 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roxy Hearts

• Space Mackerel

• Phil Dunphy

• Trapper John McIntyre

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

What did I read prior to me reading Pro Scottish material years ago? I changed my opinion when I knew Scotland was being told untruths, shall we say. 

If the msm was balanced or pro Indy we would have been independent years ago. Information is suppressed or twisted and to say it isn't is being disengenuous. 

What drives your thoughts and opinions and how can you listen or read items knowing it's incorrect? 

Right, so you’d read the MSM if it shared your political ideology?

Can’t say I’m too surprised. 

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sorry to spoil your fantasy but all media outlets peddle their own agenda ignoring the facts that dont fit their narrative .

The 'pro scottish' material is selling you just as many untruths as the msm

3 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Sorry to spoil your fantasy but all media outlets peddle their own agenda ignoring the facts that dont fit their narrative .

The 'pro scottish' material is selling you just as many untruths as the msm

Like what? 

30 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What are you talking about? The only way to believe in the establishment is to have their messaged conveyed through the msm. Nothing to do with sheep. You're merely easier to convince than I am. I've heard both sides of the argument and I believe any country's independence is a trust in it's own people to best serve them. 

Which is fundamentally racist

13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right, so you’d read the MSM if it shared your political ideology?

Can’t say I’m too surprised. 

I used to read it as I was a Labour voter. 

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Which is fundamentally racist

It's own people are those who choose to live here. If you live in Scotland to me you're Scottish. I have many friends of different nationalities. I presume you're a unionist as the negative tone is suggestive. 

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I used to read it as I was a Labour voter. 

So now you’ll read something that’s pro-Indy and not something that isn’t?

How very enlightened. 

18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So now you’ll read something that’s pro-Indy and not something that isn’t?

How very enlightened. 

I read many different things Phil hence my change of opinion. I don't agree with everything I read but I've come to my own conclusions that Scotland would be better served and more democratic if it was self governing. Most countries are, aren't they? 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's own people are those who choose to live here. If you live in Scotland to me you're Scottish. I have many friends of different nationalities. I presume you're a unionist as the negative tone is suggestive. 

So by your logic, only those who have chosen to live somewhere can best serve that place?

So how will an independent scotland be better for someone in Edinburgh when there will be Glasgow, Ayrshire, Fife etc MP's making decisions?

Should we dump all central Government and just have localised governance from councils but then how would that work, Midlothian council as an example will have councillors from Mayfield, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg etc, how could they possibly serve the interests of people from Gorebridge?

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I read many different things Phil hence my change of opinion. I don't agree with everything I read but I've come to my own conclusions that Scotland would be better served and more democratic if it was self governing. Most countries are, aren't they? 

And many countries are not.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Alex Salmond is a feckin fat pompous erse. 

He has been arrested for contempt apparently.

He has tried to bring down the FM and I doubt she’ll take any of his shite. 

The mention of contempt was simply in the police statement as meaning they cannot divulge further details as the proceedings were classed as live and to give further details at this time would be classed as contempt.

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

So by your logic, only those who have chosen to live somewhere can best serve that place?

So how will an independent scotland be better for someone in Edinburgh when there will be Glasgow, Ayrshire, Fife etc MP's making decisions?

Should we dump all central Government and just have localised governance from councils but then how would that work, Midlothian council as an example will have councillors from Mayfield, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg etc, how could they possibly serve the interests of people from Gorebridge?

It's about nationality. FGS do unionists see a negative in everything? 

14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The mention of contempt was simply in the police statement as meaning they cannot divulge further details as the proceedings were classed as live and to give further details at this time would be classed as contempt.

Ok ? 

2 hours ago, Boris said:

I don't think she was ever a practising solicitor, therefore unable to be struck off?

I stand corrected. 

The rest of my post still stands though.

Edited by Mysterion

23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And many countries are not.

Sorry to butt in, but which countries aren't self governing?

Like Pointless, country would mean one that is represented at the UN, yes?

2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I stand corrected. 

The rest of my post still stands though.

I don't disagree regards how we perceive things or others actions based on our own political leanings, and I guess by the same token how that reinforces our own bias against certain political parties.

The Michelle Thomson thing though, to me anyway, reeked of the media crucifying the woman not because of what she was alleged to have done (she was completely cleared of any wrong doing iirc?)but because of the party she represented.

We have had politicians of all shades found guilty of things that have received less coverage, which in turn begs the question, why?

18 minutes ago, Boris said:

Sorry to butt in, but which countries aren't self governing?

Like Pointless, country would mean one that is represented at the UN, yes?

My point was that there are plenty of self governing countries that aren’t doing too well. To claim Scotland would do well on its own because others have is quite astonishingly naive. 

Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has appeared in court charged with attempted rape and sexual assault.
He faced a total of 14 charges at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.
Police Scotland had earlier confirmed that a 64-year-old man had been charged and said a report would be sent to prosecutors.
Outside court, Mr Salmond said he was "innocent of any criminality" and added he would defend himself "to the utmost".
Police had been investigating following a Scottish government inquiry into complaints of sexual harassment against Mr Salmond, which he denies.
Mr Salmond, who was first minister from 2007 to 2014, was interviewed by police on Wednesday.
He arrived at Edinburgh Sheriff Court shortly before 14:00 on Thursday for a short hearing.
The news comes two weeks after Mr Salmond was at the Court of Session in Edinburgh, where the Scottish government conceded that its internal investigation of the complaints against him was flawed.
The former first minister had launched a judicial review against the government he once led over how it had handled its inquiry, saying he had been treated unfairly.
That case was focused on the government's processes, not the substance of the complaints - which Mr Salmond has denied.

14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

My point was that there are plenty of self governing countries that aren’t doing too well. To claim Scotland would do well on its own because others have is quite astonishingly naive. 

Ah, sorry, I misread your comment.

Agree with you, the UK being a case in point! :wink:

There must be strong evidence to support these charges. It’s going to very interesting to follow this one. Quite a few popcorn moments in the offing I suspect.

Sexton Hardcastle

Brutal the same staunch no voters/Tommy Robinson boys who point score with the whole Celtic child abuse are now using this as their latest ammunition.

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Brutal the same staunch no voters/Tommy Robinson boys who point score with the whole Celtic child abuse are now using this as their latest ammunition.

I guess if he didn't (allegedly) try to rape folk, then they wouldn't have said ammo.

Whatever he truth is, i hope it comes out.

Alex Salmond pulls off that big rubber mask and it’s Bill Cosby all along.

This is completely irrelevant to the Scots Gov, Independence or anything else. Half the Tory benches are racists, fraudsters or nonces. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Alex Salmond pulls off that big rubber mask and it’s Bill Cosby all along.

This is completely irrelevant to the Scots Gov, Independence or anything else. Half the Tory benches are racists, fraudsters or nonces. 

These things you claim are not exclusive to the Tories. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

No presumption man, as I've told you before I'm an Internationalist, So, in a post Brexit Independent Scotland 2 million English people move to Scotland, are they your own people? Iraq and Turkey step up their campaign of genocide against the Kurdish people and the first minister accepts 1 million Kurdish people as Scottish citizens, are they your own people? Or a million Palestinian refugees, are they your own people? Well done for having many friends of different nationalities by the way.

20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

There must be strong evidence to support these charges. It’s going to very interesting to follow this one. Quite a few popcorn moments in the offing I suspect.

I'm pleased the allegations have been taken seriously.  

A change in approach to the great and the good.

Edited by Mikey1874

AlphonseCapone

**** off with all the independence chat. Enough threads for that. 

Pretty gobsmacked at the list of charges. I wasn't expecting as many or the attempted rape charges. Hopefully the truth comes out either way. Unfortunately too many people will have made their minds up both ways before hearing a shred of evidence. 

There have been many examples of judges being critical of prosecutors for bringing cases to trial that,   in the judges' views,   failed to reach a standard of evidence to warrant being continued with.      So the maxim of 'there must be strong evidence' is not absolutely reliable.      Charges of this type are quite possibly more sensitive than most in that regard.      

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

**** off with all the independence chat. Enough threads for that. 

Pretty gobsmacked at the list of charges. I wasn't expecting as many or the attempted rape charges. Hopefully the truth comes out either way. Unfortunately too many people will have made their minds up both ways before hearing a shred of evidence. 

Aye, the most important figure in the history of the SNP being charged with serious crimes will have no effect - none whatsoever - on independence. None.

As of 16.06 today The National is leading with

"Andew Wilson: Why an independent Scotland must declare itself truly multinational"

Do deflections count as own goals?

15 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I think it's brutal for ANYONE of ANY cause to point score over issues like this. It's about as low as you can stoop. 

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Aye, the most important figure in the history of the SNP being charged with serious crimes will have no effect - none whatsoever - on independence. None.

Aye that's what I said right enough. No surprised to see you all over this. If anyone is influenced on independence by this case then they are ****ing moronic. 

Now that this is out in the open so to speak, will others be emboldened to come forward with more allegations. Sadly this behaviour won’t be recent phenomenon  if it’s true!

Edited by Dannie Boy

9 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

As of 16.06 today The National is leading with

"Andew Wilson: Why an independent Scotland must declare itself truly multinational"

Do deflections count as own goals?

Capture.JPG