Alex Salmond arrested ( merged )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

58 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

To be honest Frank that sort of rules them all out. 

Probably true, but being raised in a family that went through World War 2, it was drilled into me how much others sacrificed to allow us to have our vote, so I must always cast my vote.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roxy Hearts

• Space Mackerel

• Phil Dunphy

• Trapper John McIntyre

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yes, but I've already told you my reasons numerous times.

For the hard of thinking, here goes again:

- I did vote Yes, trusting the analysis of the White Paper that there was a detailed plan on a low-risk independence.

- Weeks after the vote the Oil Price dropped and this White Paper document was proven to be a complete work of fiction.

- Then the Brexit vote happened and the SNP refused to accept the democratic result and showed themselves to be hypocrites while demanding a new Independence referendum.

So, to sum up, I could no longer vote for power-hungry two faced hypocrites.

Look I’m just pulling your leg :lol: but nobody goes from Yes to as die hard No as you have I’m sorry. 

There is no feckin danger you voted yes, zero, nada. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Look I’m just pulling your leg :lol: but nobody goes from Yes to as die hard No as you have I’m sorry. 

There is no feckin danger you voted yes, zero, nada. 

I did , so has my auld man

Space Mackerel
14 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I haven't commented on any given case.

Just highlighting how sinister it is to point score over such things.

14 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You’re making no sense at all. 

14 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

So if they want to be Scots they're fine, otherwise GTF?

13 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Only two? You mean there might be more?

13 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Laptop getting wiped as we speak. 

12 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yet you want to get independence and utterly destroy the Scottish economy?

12 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'll certainly never vote for the SNP again, that's for sure.

Some Hearts fans on here have some very, very short memories.

I bet you all were wishing him the best back then eh?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/i-need-to-do-all-i-can-for-hearts-alex-salmond-1-3377777

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/i-need-to-do-all-i-can-for-hearts-alex-salmond-1-3377777

That was then. This is now.

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That was then. This is now.

Just think, if it wasn’t for Alex Salmond (and a few others granted) you would be spending Saturdays like the rest of us watching Super Scoreboard and checking your coupon at 5pm. Or watching Junior football. 

21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Really? How come then? 

Jack!, I was I staunch unionist, now I'm a 100% yes. ;)

Alex, I hope you're innocent, but if you're guilty, you've let a hell of a lot of people down, and betrayed the trust of the accusers and your friends and family. And deserve you're baws to be kicked and whatever hardship that comes your way.

If you're innocent, well...

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Who is defending who? I’m just saying he was instrumental in saving HMFC. 

You’ve obviously forgotten that fact so you’re never a Hearts fan. 

What has that got to do with his current predicament? 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What has that got to do with his current predicament? 

Nothing.

Although the vitriol on this board maybe needs a wee check. 

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Sadly there are some gullible people in Scotland who probably were duped by slippery Salmond. As a young man he was a mutton molester and most of us were aware of that. There were other rumours stretching back to the 80's but we can't go there...yet. Were you one of the gullible ones Spacey?

jack D and coke
49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Jack!, I was I staunch unionist, now I'm a 100% yes. ;)

A transformation pal eh...

:jesus:

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A transformation pal eh...

:jesus:

:lol: 

I don't believe any of these yes turned no voters. They're full of shite. 

43 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Who is defending who? I’m just saying he was instrumental in saving HMFC.  

You’ve obviously forgotten that fact so you’re never a Hearts fan. 

You've said some funny things Kevin, but that is up there with the best. :laugh2:

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I have my doubts too. It’s not even that they’re turned they’re now absolute die hard No :lol: churning out all the No rhetoric from the last campaign. 

??

37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

To be fair polling shows that quite a few yes voters have moved from no to yes and a few no voters have moved from Yes - No because of Brexit.

If we can move the yes - no back to yes then we will win :) 

23 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

To be fair polling shows that quite a few yes voters have moved from no to yes and a few no voters have moved from Yes - No because of Brexit.

If it's and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas ?

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Sadly there are some gullible people in Scotland who probably were duped by slippery Salmond. As a young man he was a mutton molester and most of us were aware of that. There were other rumours stretching back to the 80's but we can't go there...yet. Were you one of the gullible ones Spacey?

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal, its fingers in the ears time.

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Its not sitting well with the gullibles. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think the guy that's building those ferries might have had a change of heart, following his recent dealings with the Scottish Gov.

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Just think, if it wasn’t for Alex Salmond (and a few others granted) you would be spending Saturdays like the rest of us watching Super Scoreboard and checking your coupon at 5pm. Or watching Junior football. 

Or watching "The Heart of Midlothian" ,

Sevco have shown the way.........

2 hours ago, flecktimus said:

I think when it comes to the vote they will. They might be anti  EU and that's fine, but they'll vote yes because that's in their hearts. Brexit is political, Independence is much more.

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

You've said some funny things Kevin, but that is up there with the best. :laugh2:

You're a bore.

42 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I think the guy that's building those ferries might have had a change of heart, following his recent dealings with the Scottish Gov.

You're right and wrong. He said the decision was made. He also said that more devolution was needed too. But if there's another vote he'd back yes again. Imo.

Thunderstruck

You're right and wrong. He said the decision was made. He also said that more devolution was needed too. But if there's another vote he'd back yes again. Imo.

He wouldn’t but, in any case, he would have to be back in a physical sense as he is now a resident of Monaco. 

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Still going to be doing his Ruskie TV show. Brass neck or what. 

Saville was still doing BBC when the establishment knew. There's always whataboutery. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Saville was still doing BBC when the establishment knew. There's always whataboutery. 

Subtle difference here is you are claiming the establishment knew (and who knew Johnny Rotten was "the establishment") and some might have suspected but everyone one in the country knows fatboy is now accused of these crimes.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Subtle difference here is you are claiming the establishment knew (and who knew Johnny Rotten was "the establishment") and some might have suspected but everyone one in the country knows fatboy is now accused of these crimes.

The British establishment knew! There's some pathetic head burying going on. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Government, The Tories, The Royals, The Police, Special Branch, GCHQ. They all knew. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You do realise I'm a born and bred Scotsman but just not a nationalist oik like him.

Roxy is most definitely not a nationalist oik. He’s one of the more moderate, sensible posters on the subject. 

I voted Yes and more than likely would again. I’m not a nationalist oik either.

Just because I see people jumping about waving UJ’s and singing GSTQ and FTP I’m not lumping you in with that lot. 

Theres plenty good and bad on both sides but according to unionists it’s only tubes in the yes side. 

It’s bolloks. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Roxy is most definitely not a nationalist oik. He’s one of the more moderate, sensible posters on the subject. 

I voted Yes and more than likely would again. I’m not a nationalist oik either.

Just because I see people jumping about waving UJ’s and singing GSTQ and FTP I’m not lumping you in with that lot. 

Theres plenty good and bad on both sides but according to unionists it’s only tubes in the yes side. 

It’s bolloks. 

Cheers JDC. Support Scotland we are Nationalists not that I mind the tag but support UK you're a shining light of honesty and decency like say Ibrox, Robinson, Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Saville, Cyril Smith and all the other skeletons in the WM cupboards.

32 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Cheers JDC. Support Scotland we are Nationalists not that I mind the tag but support UK you're a shining light of honesty and decency like say Ibrox, Robinson, Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Saville, Cyril Smith and all the other skeletons in the WM cupboards.

You throwing those names around as evidence of some anti-Scottish plot is clutching straws at best.

Lets be honest here, the Salmond court case and the investigation against Sturgeon in the botched Scottish Government case will see enough dirt against the SNP's name for the forseeable future to prevent any chance of them calling for Indy Ref 2... and by that time it could be the Holyrood elections where they could lose their majority and mandate for holding such a referendum.

Edited by frankblack

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You throwing those names around as evidence of some anti-Scottish plot is clutching straws at best.

Lets be honest here, the Salmond court case and the investigation against Sturgeon in the botched Scottish Government case will see enough dirt against the SNP's name for the forseeable future to prevent any chance of them calling for Indy Ref 2... and by that time it could be the Holyrood elections where they could lose their majority and mandate for holding such a referendum.

They are not pro Scottish are they and nothing to do with a plot. It's the hypocrisy and the nonsense that independence is seen through the prism of the SNP. There are Labour, Tories and Lib Dems who support Indy too. I'm happy with the Scottish Government and whatever happens won't change my POV or vote. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, frankblack said:

When all’s said and done, I think this is probably true.

20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

When all’s said and done, I think this is probably true.

Politics like football can be fickle.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

It hasn't stopped the Tories or the UK . But as usual the SNP and Scotland are held to a different level. 

You better buy some knee pads, (More praying) because the SNP are going nowhere until independence and that will be straight after a no deal brexit. There'll be no more Scottish elections inside the Union. So you better get used to that fact and prepare yourself for heartbreak. 

Yes voter my arse! 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It hasn't stopped the Tories or the UK . But as usual the SNP and Scotland are held to a different level. 

The Tories will be held to account at the ballot box.  Any half competent opposition should beat them in this state but that probably excludes Labour with comrade Corbyn.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You better buy some knee pads, (More praying) because the SNP are going nowhere until independence and that will be straight after a no deal brexit. There'll be no more Scottish elections inside the Union. So you better get used to that fact and prepare yourself for heartbreak. 

Yes voter my arse! 

Wishful thinking on your part.  The Scottish electorate will vote tactically again like the last GE to damage the SNP at the Holyrood elections.  The Greens won't save you this time.

Yes voter my arse! 

They may be by certain streams of the media, but to my mind neither government is performing. 

In particular the SNP's dictatorial centralisation doesn't sit well.

1 hour ago, Jlv2004 said:

They may be by certain streams of the media, but to my mind neither government is performing. 

In particular the SNP's dictatorial centralisation doesn't sit well.

The problem for the SNP is the unionist parties councils will do anything to undermine them. Wouldn't trust unions either like the EIS. The SNP has really brought out the hypocrisy and sheer nastiness of the status quo establishment. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The problem for the SNP is the unionist parties councils will do anything to undermine them. Wouldn't trust unions either like the EIS. The SNP has really brought out the hypocrisy and sheer nastiness of the status quo establishment. 

Don't get me started on the EIS, but otherwise no.

Funding from Westminster to the Scottish  government has decreased by about 3% over the last few years. 

Funding from the Scottish government to local authorities is down about 10%.

Edited by Jlv2004

Space Mackerel
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Imagine that eh? 

4831652D-C1E9-4163-AEE8-86BF564DEA1A.jpeg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Imagine that eh? 

4831652D-C1E9-4163-AEE8-86BF564DEA1A.jpeg

Not going to look right clever that tweet if Salmond is convicted of the charges he’s facing.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not going to look right clever that tweet if Salmond is convicted of the charges he’s facing.

No it isn't, but it also would suggest those out to get him have been staggeringly incompetent. 

Space Mackerel
50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who said he was innocent? Thought people were till proven in a court of law. 

Funny timing though, just as the SNP gear up for Indy 2. I’m away to put my tin foil hat on. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Who said he was innocent? Thought people were till proven in a court of law. 

Funny timing though, just as the SNP gear up for Indy 2. I’m away to put my tin foil hat on. 

What i’m saying is that the fella is suggesting that Salmond is being stitched up. A hollow argument if Salmond gets convicted.