Should Scotland become an independent country?

Toggie88

Should Scotland become an independent country?   

277 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland become an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

On 24/01/2019 at 11:01, JackLadd said:

Sturgeon trying to capitalise and wreck the UK via Brexit. Nothing but a two bit chancer and charaltan. 

as I have said before, grow up

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toggie88

• Roxy Hearts

• XB52

• Thunderstruck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

as I have said before, grow up

True. How dare I ridicule and criticise under investigation Sturgeon/charged with sex crimes Salmond and their bankrupt and easily exposed agendas. Not allowed is it. 

I can't wait for oor Nippy to "call" a referendum.

Remember when she was told No before?

Remember when the Prime Minister telt her to bolt?

Remember when she said that was the end of the Union?

Remember she ran around Europe like a silly wee lassie having unofficial meetings that were laughed at on TV?

What role will the Greatest Living Scotsman have? What will the currency be?

image.png.12e770cda974a0b1e19efae4cd472157.png

image.png.f373eb794e6bdaf6d444481f5baa27a8.png

Folks, it's over.

Edited by Gorgiewave

8 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Remember she ran around Europe like a silly wee lassie having unofficial meetings that were laughed at on TV?

Folks, it's over.

:rofl: yer knees sair.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Folks, it's over.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xT1XGXFzcMELFcUBZ6" width="480" height="266" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/smasherlegends-xT1XGXFzcMELFcUBZ6">via GIPHY</a></p>

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xT1XGXFzcMELFcUBZ6" width="480" height="266" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/smasherlegends-xT1XGXFzcMELFcUBZ6">via GIPHY</a></p>

That's convinced me. I've joined the SNP. More members than there Celtic fans at Seville...

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

That's convinced me. I've joined the SNP. More members than there Celtic fans at Seville...

1AD318B5-1680-4D3B-A6A4-4BD2198EDF6B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

Folks, it's over.

:yadayada: Fecking SNP, Fecking SNP...

Folks, it's over.

Currency may be the pound. It's ours too. Who knows what details are going on behind the scenes for the unanswered questions from the last time. Hope the independence movement has learned how to deal with the conniving establishment and their blatant propaganda. Just have to convince some soft No voters and it will be done. 

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

The government stated they would call for another referendum in the case of UK leaving the EU. This, looks, like it will be happening so they will be sticking to their manifesto promise, for which they have a mandate. Any argument against this is just hot air. I get you are totally against an independent Scotland but they certainly have a mandate to call for a referendum

The election where they turned an outright majority into a minority government, a minority government propped-up by the Greens who, by any measure, are a truly fringe party. 

The election was followed by a UKPGE where Brexit was the key issue. That was an election where 56% of the Scots voters who bothered to vote opted for parties (for the avoidance of doubt, not including the SNP) that campaigned on the basis of implementing the Brexit vote. 

Last year (2018) provided us with 13 opinion polls at a time when Brexit loomed large in the daily news. Not a single one of them showed any enuthusiasm for a second Independence referendum. Not a single one of them showed any swing from No to Yes 

Parts of the SNP and wider independence movement appear to have misread the signs and we wait to hear if Ms Sturgeon is similarly misinformed. Part of me wants a referendum to kill this off once and for all but I fear that it would be more divisive than the first and the damage more lasting. 

5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

The election where they turned an outright majority into a minority government, a minority government propped-up by the Greens who, by any measure, are a truly fringe party. 

The election was followed by a UKPGE where Brexit was the key issue. That was an election where 56% of the Scots voters who bothered to vote opted for parties (for the avoidance of doubt, not including the SNP) that campaigned on the basis of implementing the Brexit vote. 

Last year (2018) provided us with 13 opinion polls at a time when Brexit loomed large in the daily news. Not a single one of them showed any enuthusiasm for a second Independence referendum. Not a single one of them showed any swing from No to Yes 

Parts of the SNP and wider independence movement appear to have misread the signs and we wait to hear if Ms Sturgeon is similarly misinformed. Part of me wants a referendum to kill this off once and for all but I fear that it would be more divisive than the first and the damage more lasting. 

Four sentences of waffle about brexit  and opinion polls doesn't change the FACT that they have a mandate to call for another referendum.  If you reply, try and stick to the point

2 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Folks, it's over.

Anyone out of primary school using wee nippy is to be laughed at. It's funny how the majority of the very vocal unionists on here don't even live in this country; weird their noses are so bent out of shape at the thought of Scots deciding what happens in Scotland

3 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Folks, it's over.

How does all this affect people who live in Spain ?

You don't even live here ffs

Thunderstruck
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Four sentences of waffle about brexit  and opinion polls doesn't change the FACT that they have a mandate to call for another referendum.  If you reply, try and stick to the point

I think you mean paragraphs but that fairly obvious blunder aside, you seem to have forgotten what your post included :-

The government stated they would call for another referendum in the case of UK leaving the EU. This, looks, like it will be happening so they will be sticking to their manifesto promise...

It might have escaped your notice but the U.K. leaving the EU is commonly referred to as ‘Brexit’. 

As I have shown, Brexit might not confer the mandate that you and others see. If you disagree, you should offer an alternative thesis. 

I will not hold my breath waiting. 

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Anyone out of primary school using wee nippy is to be laughed at. It's funny how the majority of the very vocal unionists on here don't even live in this country; weird their noses are so bent out of shape at the thought of Scots deciding what happens in Scotland

Scots have already decided what happens in Scotland.

image.thumb.png.caabdd3636fe293af74c1be7b586151a.png

Majority of Scots born voted for it but was a mixture of other Scots and whomever that didn't according to demographics posted elsewhere so I believe. You really don't like us do you? 

27 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Majority of Scots born voted for it but was a mixture of other Scots and whomever that didn't according to demographics posted elsewhere so I believe. You really don't like us do you? 

I think people should get what they voted for.

Obsessing about where people were born is very nativist and nasty. Not internationalist.

I'm not obsessed by it. I just pointed out that Scots voted for it. I have Italian and Irish ancestry so I do feel internationalist whatever that is. I'd rather Scotland got what it voted for but we get lumbered with the garbage that floats around in WM. 

10 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Then throw it away with Brexit. :rofl:Thank you!

Said it once, I'll say it again. Folk who say "wee Nippy" or "Jimmy Krankie" when trying to make points, look and sound as ridiculous as the folk on twitter who have wee flags in their handle. Total hard of thinking.   ??????????????????????

Fully grown adults FFS :cornette:??

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, luckydug said:

How does all this affect people who live in Spain ?

You don't even live here ffs

The snp even want to keep his despised two bob and a woodbine Scotland in the EU thus affecting him positively. 

Kid seems a bit mixed up to me??‍♂️

Putting aside the personalities involved. I've never been a big supporter of Independence, reluctantly voting Yes at the last minute in 2014 after having been undecided previously. It seems clear to me that in light of the subsequent EU referendum, Scotland is now so politically and culturally different from England, that it seems a logical next step to assume autonomy over our own affairs. My preference is for an open, internationalist and fair society, where we work cooperatively with our European neighbors.

The insular and closed society the majority of the English seem to want is in direct contrast to this.

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Putting aside the personalities involved. I've never been a big supporter of Independence, reluctantly voting Yes at the last minute in 2014 after having been undecided previously. It seems clear to me that in light of the subsequent EU referendum, Scotland is now so politically and culturally different from England, that it seems a logical next step to assume autonomy over our own affairs. My preference is for an open, internationalist and fair society, where we work cooperatively with our European neighbors.

The insular and closed society the majority of the English seem to want is in direct contrast to this.

Not if you support Rangers or are part of our mini Huns it’s not. 

I suspect that a united Ireland will happen before Scottish Independence and that might hit some of the Unionists on this site harder.

Edited by Dirty Deeds

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Couldn't agree more with this. My sentiments exactly