Only an excuse

The Internet

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Its shite already 

What's new? Unfunny cliche ridden old firm centric diarrhoea. Why they're paid money to produce it every year is a mystery. 

haveyouheard 22

There has to be plenty talent out there to top that clown

He Hi Jacks the show with  utter shite

He's 62 with nothing more than canned laughter to fall back on 

Its toe curling at best 

Fitzroy Pointon

I'm no watching it as I don't want to cringe myself into a coma. Should have canned it years ago. We're watching Two Doors Down (which is actually very funny) on the iPlayer just now before some Jackie Bird. 

Horrrrrific.

Truly horrific attempts at "comedy".

Should have been put down like a rabid fox decades ago.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

How does money keep getting spent producing this guff? 

“Frank McAvennie sketches are hilarious” said nobody, ever. 

It's also 25 years since he was any kind of public figure. Not worth bothering with.

Shooter McGavin

“Who steals a dressing room?”

”a dressing room thief!”

Can’t actually believe somebody has been paid to write this. 

The sportscene stuff was funny, but surely its time to give it the bullet. Give Oldfirmfacts from twitter the timeslot and he’d make something 10x funnier on half the budget

You could do a sketch show much funnier based on levein, lennon, mcinnes... but has to be about the old firm.  

Sportscene clip was okay the first time, but then repeats the joke 4 times. Boring

23 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

About as funny as Russel Howard.  Had to switch it over.

Agree mate always thought Howard was a shite but this tops it

jack D and coke

I laughed at the Brendan O’Rodgers song. Put your head next to mine on the sun bed :lol: 

Other than that it’s another year of abysmal television. It’s mind boggling someone reads that script and gives it the go ahead. 

haveyouheard 22

Lets face it guys at work the game the pub could come up with more Ba Booms than that one trick pony 30 mins of utter shite  

But he doesny do gigs or sells CD's 

Glesga pish

why do we have to put up with this crap and their Hogmanay show 

It’s embarrassing 

Its time for the Capital to take control of this country 

46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I laughed at the Brendan O’Rodgers song. Put your head next to mine on the sun bed :lol: 

Other than that it’s another year of abysmal television. It’s mind boggling someone reads that script and gives it the go ahead. 

I pissed on your chips. :rofl:

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Haha aye that was decent. The other 29 minutes not so gid??

Just watching it the noo. It's better than usual. The Kim and Nicola bits were awrite.

It's once a year and anythings better than Alan Carr.

Brighton Jambo

I’m usually a fan but that was quite a long watch.  The only bit that was laugh out loud for me was ‘Frank McAvennie’ and the ‘Nat king cole’ line.  Even then I might have laughed from nostalgia!! 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just watching it the noo. It's better than usual. The Kim and Nicola bits were awrite.

It's once a year and anythings better than Alan Carr.

Nicola’s wee dance was quite funny and the coin collection thing but some it is murder. It’s far too Celtic this rangers that for me. 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m usually a fan but that was quite a long watch.  The only bit that was laugh out loud for me was ‘Frank McAvennie’ and the ‘Nat king cole’ line.  Even then I might have laughed from nostalgia!! 

He must be reading JKB and the AB sketch. :D Dragging innocent Hearts fans into it. 

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Did it in any way allude to any club outside the bigot twins?

Aye, we got it tight. :D

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, we got it tight. :D

Really? How so ? I thought they ignored all football outside the OF.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Is pretty mad that it still gets the go ahead. 

It's pretty mad that folk still watch it. The same folk that appear on this thread every year to slate it. And it's pretty mad that I make this post every year. But I'll keep doing it. Got to love tradition.

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Slagging our dreadful semi final performance and saying we always blame everyone else for bringing Hearts into trouble. 

Edited by ri Alban

Oddly enough, they keep making it because people keep watching it. Even though those people know that it’s a steaming pile of shite and has been for years.

One of those things that you keep watching just to see if it’s going to be as bad as previous years.

SwindonJambo

Slagging our dreadful semi final performance and saying we always blame everyone else for bringing Hearts into trouble. 

Ignorant tossers. Glad I didn't watch it. But I'm sure their pished up pondlife jakeball viewers thought it was hilarious.

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Ignorant tossers. Glad I didn't watch it. But I'm sure their pished up pondlife jakeball viewers thought it was hilarious.

Get a life. It's only a TV show and your post is that of a resident of said pond. 

SwindonJambo

Get a life. It's only a TV show and your post is that of a resident of said pond. 

It's only a TV show paid for by license payers' hard earned money. If we all provided such a crap service/product, we'd be fired.

The OAE team produce utter tripe year after year yet are rewarded with repeat business every time.

Edited by SwindonJambo

39 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Sly digs at Ann Budge,female in blonde wig 40 years younger impersonating her saying Maclean only one who held onto a Ball all day.Absolute crass .

Unbelievably bad. I watched the first 2 minutes live then switched off. Had a few more drinks then watched some more on the iPlayer & it was even worse.

I could do a better impression of that squeeky voiced twat off sportscene.

Was that supposed to be Ann Budge later on?

Horrific stuff, but if Glasgow likes it we'll get it again next year.

manaliveits105

Our glourious capital will become a bigger city than the weeg over the next few years - time to move the tv stations to their rightful place and overall them

The only joke that really made me laugh was when they said world war Z wasfilmedin glasgow as it saved a fortune on zombie make up.

44 minutes ago, superjack said:

The only joke that really made me laugh was when they said world war Z wasfilmedin glasgow as it saved a fortune on zombie make up.

As predictable as a ticking clock.

58 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

As predictable as a ticking clock.

I know.

What I don't know is why do I do this to myself every hogmany.

5 hours ago, superjack said:

That might have been funny if they'd came out with it when the film was released. About five years ago.

I live in hope of one year opening an OAE thread to discover that it’s been something other than rank rotten. 

From own the comments thus far, this isn’t that year.... have it recorded but didn’t watch last night. Will probably watch it out of curiosity to see how bad it was this year.