Morning after night before

Selkirkhmfc1874

I've been trying to stay off of Kickback but have decided  just to face it.

Last night was the most embarrassed I've felt as a jambo since Hibs put 7 past us in the early seventies. And there's no avoiding it, it's on the radio right now.

As for Levein? I just don't know but two things spring to mind, first he said that we made Livi look like PSG, not so, they made us look like Maybole Juniors.

Secondly, we had a good performance against Motherwell last week, so CL changes  the set up and the team. Why FFS?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• 132goals1958

• luckydug

• jockmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

1 nil, 5 nil, big game, meaningless game, game we should win. 

It's all about 3 points. 

We didn't deserve 3 points, managerial errors, player errors, referee errors, pressure of going joint top.

All doesn't really matter after the event, we didn't deserve 3 points. 

We move on. 

We move on. Another loser cliche. In what way do we move on exactly ?

18 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Where do we even go from here?

I'm staying in bed.

I’m going Christmas shopping then the final of strictly come dancing is on tonight that should cheer everyone up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Same feeling I had following a 5 2 home defeat to Partick in 96. Couple of weeks later we beat Aberdeen to reach the cup final and take another 5.

Ach it's Hearts and why I love them. Crazy highs crazy lows

After last night's shambles Budge needs to take decisive action. Levein's position must be on a shoogley peg. Last night was unacceptable and I'm struggling to think of a worse result away from home. I switched off when Livi's 4th went in; I just couldn't take any more. 

If I was a bookie I'd be having a look for any irregular bets relating to red cards around the 70th minute. That referee was determined to give Hearts a red card at that time. It was weird...

I know people will disagree but I thought this was going to be a 1-0 game (not sure to who). It was always going to be a scrappy match - with Livi being in our face. First half we were poor and lucky not to be losing. Second half, changed shape and things looking better - right up to the 70th minute. What happened next I can’t work out or get my head round. That’s where I am now. I’ve not seen a team implode like hearts did - I can’t get it so not blaming anyone. Just sad and confused 

I'm hoping this is one of those watershed moments that brings some lasting change.  That was about as embaressing as it gets so either the players wake up or Levein shoulders it and walks.

If we don't get a reaction somehow, our season will fizzle out badly.

20 minutes ago, Crete said:

I’m going Christmas shopping then the final of strictly come dancing is on tonight that should cheer everyone up.

It's things like that that cause depression.

36 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

You just know it’s bad when bbc news channel has it as it’s main morning sports story. 5 goals in 14 mins chat n all, they’re all laughing at us ?

BBC dont like us, that sportscene rubbish every week proves that, tbh all scottish media is rubbish , makes every hearts win

even better.

amy mention of that goat of a ref getting his bookings mixed up.

Edited by Harry Potter

Shooter McGavin

Reaction on here was justified, we just got beat 5-0 off Livingston ffs.

I can accept getting beat but there is a manner in which to get beat, go down fighting until the last minute. Conceding a goal and then totally giving up and then conceding another 4, how the **** does the team make this up to the fans?

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Some should really stay off internet after a bad result because the knee jerk hysteria is cringe!

Very bad night at the office for Heart Of Midlothian but it happens in football, but the answer not sack this one/That one etc ! It's about sticking together and putting it right in my opinion , embarrassing performance last night but some of the comments on here are also an embarrassment.

We’ve been utter shite for weeks. Personally I thought we were terrible first half and somehow even worse second half. 

But really worrying was how easily the players gave up last night. 

Stayed aff jkb last night for obv reasons!

My feeling this morning is the same as immediately after the game:

Hughes should never play for us again. Thanks, much respect, times up though fella.

How Levein has stuck with MacLean is just beyond me. I know we’ve not many options but SM has been the epitome of a man short since Naismith got injured.

Demi and Morrison up front would have been better, or something else. Anything else.

We’ve as close to literally been playing with nothing up front and done nothing to combat that.

Clare needs some time in the reserves, come back end Jan a bit more comfortable. Theres a player in there, but the kid looks lost.

Zlamal. I like Bobby (so does yer ma) but i duno, could Doyle be worth a shot? Bobby saved us 1st half remember, but i think the way the 2nd half is going last night, we’re winning that game until his brain fart.

Ref: well, another one for the dossier. Time to act please, Anne. The unfortunate thing is it looks like sour grapes after a 5-0 but its unconnected, the two incidents dont even add up to a yellow.

Ref played his part in our (wholly unacceptable) defeat. Again.

Edit: forgot to say, I’m not excusing last night but the loss of Dilamona was massive. NO way to react but another bloody injury and another bloody ref error are big factors last night which can’t be overlooked.

Edited by TheBigO

59 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I had a great night out last night and will have all the family over to our house for a nice meal today and a few drinks. 

I'm over it. 

After supporting the Hearts for 55 plus years I can handle it.

This for me as well.  I'm pretty sure that quite a few individuals have sealed their exit from the club after last night though. 

13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This for me as well.  I'm pretty sure that quite a few individuals have sealed their exit from the club after last night though. 

Hughes and, hopefully MacLean. Atleast way way down the pecking order, nuclear options type thing

Who else you reckon?

Ps im over it too, though they need to put in a performance at Pittodrie now.

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hughes and, hopefully MacLean. Atleast way way down the pecking order, nuclear options type thing

Who else you reckon?

Ps im over it too, though they need to put in a performance at Pittodrie now.

Certainly Hughes.  I didn't think either full back covered themselves in glory last night and I feel sorry for Haring being asked to play through a hernia injury. MacLean only seems to be able to play if Naismith is in  the team.  Djoum is not the player he was prior to heading off to the Africa cup.  We have players to come back from injury, but I reckon we need to find a winger and a good creative midfielder in January.

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You could be right. I haven't seen anything of the match and I don't intend to watch it, but if they actually chucked it as has been intimated, then that is totally unacceptable. 

Oh, they chucked it alright. Very glad that we couldn't go last night and won't be tempted to go to Aberdeen next week as it's too far for us so no more fitba until boxing day, I should be back to my optimistic best by then.

3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Absolute Rubbish, you forget where we were when Levein walked back into the club. 

Where was that? Humping Hibs in 2012 cup final our kids turning over hibs who came to relegate us....but didnt  

I'm no talking about finances 

I'd take that mindset and ethos over the rollover gutless Hearts teams since Levein walked in the door 

1 minute ago, ZEUS said:

Who ?

OT

Or he has enjiyed trolling for so long that he has forgotten how to be a Jambo. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Which is the freak run of results?

The early season wins, or the run we have seen recently?

Probably inbetweeen. We are average. Average players (except 2 or 3) and an average manager underperforming with a very generous budget. 

You described every team in the league bar celtic. 

Unfortunately, we lost all our best players at the same time. 

We are 4th and made the lc semi, so we are not underperforming either. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Where was that? Humping Hibs in 2012 cup final our kids turning over hibs who came to relegate us....but didnt  

I'd take that mindset and ethos over the rollover gutless Hearts teams since Levein walked in the door 

Aye, pissing over rangers and Hibs was gutless in the championship. 

Folk Litterally just making stuff up. 

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Certainly Hughes.  I didn't think either full back covered themselves in glory last night and I feel sorry for Haring being asked to play through a hernia injury. MacLean only seems to be able to play if Naismith is in  the team.  Djoum is not the player he was prior to heading off to the Africa cup.  We have players to come back from injury, but I reckon we need to find a winger and a good creative midfielder in January.

Largely agree. Someone has to take the hit for this. It wont be Levein. Budge will judge when better players fit again. Too many excuses from Hearts however. How many times have Rangers got a result with 10 men this season. The truth is most of a game we cant score in a 'you know what' with cash strapped to us. I said before that I would be astounded if we didnt have a 18-19 year old kid in the academy that was big and burly and could be more of a nuisance than Maclean. He's the first one I would consign to the bin. Sean Clare is clearly not up to this. Goodbye Sean, thanks for trying. Aaron Hughes please retire now. Berra looked weary and needs a break. I will keep him. Bozanic goodbye, Morrison play in the reserves until you are better, Haring stop now and get your op. Why are no kids playing? What is wrong with Cochrane and Macdonald. Last year Levein said they were good enough and this year they are nowhere to be seen. Cochrane needs a run in the team as Clare has had and he will definitely do better. The manager has admitted he cant find the formula in the current plight. The win against Motherwell was sheer ugliness.  The truth is we are still rank rotten and dont have much of a season left when players all fit. We will be sold top 6 as being progress. How many of the good players will stay next season anyway? This is half the problem. These guys are all at Hearts as it is a shop window on Sky and BT sport. They are not playing for the jersey hence they chucked it when the going got tough last night. This needs sorted a better way. Good luck, we still want this Hearts

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

You described every team in the league bar celtic. 

Unfortunately, we lost all our best players at the same time. 

We are 4th and made the lc semi, so we are not underperforming either. 

That kind of ambition is everything that is wrong with Hearts and a large section of their fanbase. 

Maclean started the season not too badly but looking back now it was because the team were doing well and he wasnt being relied on as much.

Seems now he has been found out out to be poor and that is what many predicted when he signed. He has offered nothing since the Dundee away game. 

Hughes is finished. He had a shocker against Hamilton on the first day of the season and shouldnt be near the team. To give him a 1 year deal because “he is good to have around the club” sort of sums up some of things that are wrong at Hearts. We are too nice, he should have been binned and a young player given the chance when injuries hit like they have done. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, cyprusjambo said:

That kind of ambition is everything that is wrong with Hearts and a large section of their fanbase. 

"their fanbase" ..... 

**** off to your own clubs forum?

jambogirlglasgow
6 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

Largely agree. Someone has to take the hit for this. It wont be Levein. Budge will judge when better players fit again. Too many excuses from Hearts however. How many times have Rangers got a result with 10 men this season. The truth is most of a game we cant score in a 'you know what' with cash strapped to us. I said before that I would be astounded if we didnt have a 18-19 year old kid in the academy that was big and burly and could be more of a nuisance than Maclean. He's the first one I would consign to the bin. Sean Clare is clearly not up to this. Goodbye Sean, thanks for trying. Aaron Hughes please retire now. Berra looked weary and needs a break. I will keep him. Bozanic goodbye, Morrison play in the reserves until you are better, Haring stop now and get your op. Why are no kids playing? What is wrong with Cochrane and Macdonald. Last year Levein said they were good enough and this year they are nowhere to be seen. Cochrane needs a run in the team as Clare has had and he will definitely do better. The manager has admitted he cant find the formula in the current plight. The win against Motherwell was sheer ugliness.  The truth is we are still rank rotten and dont have much of a season left when players all fit. We will be sold top 6 as being progress. How many of the good players will stay next season anyway? This is half the problem. These guys are all at Hearts as it is a shop window on Sky and BT sport. They are not playing for the jersey hence they chucked it when the going got tough last night. This needs sorted a better way. Good luck, we still want this Hearts

Not disagreeing with you but if they were using Hearts as a shop window they can forget about ever playing for another club after that was broadcasr across the UK last night. And rightly so. Bottle merchants.

16 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

So this season has all been gutless performances? I get folk are angry about last night but shouting to change the manager ASAP would set us back again. It’s not like we’re away down the bottom of the league. Things can change very quickly in football and time to judge Levein is at the end of the season. People forget our current coaching team have signed Berra, Soutar, Uche, Haring, Naismith on Loan , Dunne on loan. Both the games you quoted were great but we ultimately finished well further down the league than where we are at the moment. 

3 hours ago, way out west jambo said:

Embarrasing.

For me Levein’s got the next 3 games, Aberdeen, Hamilton, then Hibs. If that’s not 3 wins out of 3 then he needs to go. Aberdeen are poor this season, Hamilton could get relegated and after last night we simply demand a big performance in the derby. If this is not achieved then it’s time to try a fresh approach.

What gets me is the lack of appetite from a team who could have went joint top, allied to us having so little confidence and appalling movement on the pitch. Why did our players not take confidence and even a bit of arrogance from our cracking start to the season, surely that must have instilled belief yet we are as brittle as ever, particularly away from home. 

haveyouheard 22
5 hours ago, been here before said:

What a very old firm sense of entitlement....

JS149593201.jpg

Google hun pics all you want the likes of you wont change my opinion

15 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Maclean started the season not too badly but looking back now it was because the team were doing well and he wasnt being relied on as much.

Seems now he has been found out out to be poor and that is what many predicted when he signed. He has offered nothing since the Dundee away game. 

Hughes is finished. He had a shocker against Hamilton on the first day of the season and shouldnt be near the team. To give him a 1 year deal because “he is good to have around the club” sort of sums up some of things that are wrong at Hearts. We are too nice, he should have been binned and a young player given the chance when injuries hit like they have done. 

Maclean is a clever player when he is playing alongside another striker.  He's being asked to do a thankless task just now playing on his own. Hughes should never have been offered a new deal as a player. Last night just proved that he is unable to compete at this level. What angered me about last night was the fact that almost the entire team just seemed to jack it in. I don't expect that from anybody playing for Hearts. 

EastSideJambo
5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Some should really stay off internet after a bad result because the knee jerk hysteria is cringe!

Very bad night at the office for Heart Of Midlothian but it happens in football, but the answer not sack this one/That one etc ! It's about sticking together and putting it right in my opinion , embarrassing performance last night but some of the comments on here are also an embarrassment.

Bad day at the office. Move on 

In oor Craig we trust 

25 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

Yep, agreed.   I think a little harsh on Clare though. There is a player there. He needs players round about him bring him on though. Last night just about everyone looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights after we went a goal down. Totally unacceptable. 

're the opening post 're knee jerk reactions and seethe, I think the reactions were spot on. It was one of the worst results and performances in the past 30 years so, on the back of the last two months of bad performances. If we accept results and performances like that, we'll never progress.

We need to bring a few players in in Jan and get rid of a few. However, our recruitment process has been abysmal over the last few transfer windows we would likely bring in another pile of dross. 

John Daly said at one of the shareholder meetings that they look through stats of different players. Surely they can see that process isn't working so they need to get back to the old fashioned way of actually physically going to watch players. 

32 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

"their fanbase" ..... 

**** off to your own clubs forum?

perhaps one word wrong. I am a true Jambo, believe me!!

19 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

So this season has all been gutless performances? I get folk are angry about last night but shouting to change the manager ASAP would set us back again. It’s not like we’re away down the bottom of the league. Things can change very quickly in football and time to judge Levein is at the end of the season. People forget our current coaching team have signed Berra, Soutar, Uche, Haring, Naismith on Loan , Dunne on loan. Both the games you quoted were great but we ultimately finished well further down the league than where we are at the moment. 

Guess what bothers me is we never seem bothered on pitch, no fight to get back into games its just gutless stuff i sincerely hope there where words in that dressing room beacuse that was the most gutless performance ive seen in a long time 

Complete lack of focus. It was like the

match was not their top priority. Almost like their minds were elsewhere, Prague trip? At least they have now cancelled their Christmas jaunt.  

6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

JKB would be very quiet after last 9 games then.

Are we only allowed to comment when things are good??

34 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Not disagreeing with you but if they were using Hearts as a shop window they can forget about ever playing for another club after that was broadcasr across the UK last night. And rightly so. Bottle merchants.

Yeah. More of a 'Beam me up Scottie' message they were sending out

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Gambo said:

JKB would be very quiet after last 9 games then.

Are we only allowed to comment when things are good??

No not at all , nothing wrong with constructive criticism but some go way beyond in my opinion! Yourself pretty constructive and fair minded I'd say

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

perhaps one word wrong. I am a true Jambo, believe me!!

?

No bother, Cyprus - good place to be atm?

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Guess what bothers me is we never seem bothered on pitch, no fight to get back into games its just gutless stuff i sincerely hope there where words in that dressing room beacuse that was the most gutless performance ive seen in a long time 

Totally get that but changing the manager at this point would set us back again, probably couldn’t see Naismith signing and other players would probably start looking elsewhere. You might say that’s a good thing after last night but I do believe we have some good players. Levein needs to root out anyone not pulling their weight and the support need to get behind the team and pass judgement at the end of season. 

Bridge of Djoum

'Tis the roller coaster that is supporting Hearts. 

Grown ****** men acting like it's new or the end of the world. 

Fitba, snowflakes. It's just fitba.

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874

Getting beat I can handle but the gutless show last night I cant.You cannot possibly defend them in any shape or form and I include the manager who chops and changes the team every week.As far as i am concerned they are not fit to wear the Hearts colours.

6 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I thought losing to Dumbarton 5-2 at home yonks ago was the worst ever

Fair play to Livi  but we are Hearts and deserve better, my lad was in tears, telt him its OK shit happens but being honest it was tough to justify

That was my first game! Not much has changed!

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Was just speaking to my dad about that. Hughes wage is a total waste and should have been used elsewhere to bolster defensive options

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

I think Levein may well have to think again about bringing one or two players in during the window. Last night proved that there are quite a few wearing the jersey who really are not fit for this club. Now I know that we have had more than our fair share of injuries and the team put out last night was a pale reflection of the team that the manager would have wanted out there. That said you would have thought that those who were out there would have been hungry to stake their claim to be first picks. Far too many were just going through the motions.  A clear out of the dross is needed.

Notwithstanding the injuries and some poor refereeing decisions we have taken only 4 points from games against St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnston, Motherwell and Livingston. Watching the defence when Menga scored was like walking into Madame Tussauds .There were posts on here recently suggesting we had two teams that cope against most of  our opponents when arguably the only outfield guaranteed names on the team-sheet  are Berra. Souttar, Haring. Dunne, Naismith, Uche  and Djoum . Smith is capable but would be less of a miss than the core of the team.The worrying fear for me last night was the fact that Livingston were not flattered by the result.Last night was a huge reality check and to put it kindly there are more than a few players who shall we say are expendable.