Jambo 4 Ever

Its worth remembering that the TV's these days arent built to last as the average life expectancy on most TV's these days is 4-5 years.

I was lucky my TV jacked it with 2 months left of my JL 5 year guarantee and with no parts to replace they handed me £700 to go choose a new TV or offered me one of similar spec. I took the cash because it was xmas and they lowered their prices and so picked up a better TV for nothing with a new 5 year guarantee and treated myself to a sound bar for a few hundred.

I f$£"ing love John Lewis.

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Only partly correct. You need one for Freeview or Freesat. It also depends on how you "catch-up", whether you record it on your own device or not.

what if you use a humax?

Budgie's Boyfriend

I'm on my second screen on my Samsung 60'' 4k and now that has started to malfunction, problem is ..the tv is out of guarantee but the screen was only replaced about 6 month ago , so is my screen still under guarantee ?    

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Is there anywhere/anyone independent in Edinburgh you can take a TV that is working in terms of audio but no picture appearing. Shop/manufacturer won't fix apparently. 

On 21/11/2018 at 14:06, Jamboelite said:

Its worth remembering that the TV's these days arent built to last as the average life expectancy on most TV's these days is 4-5 years.

Things are changing. LG are reckoning these days that their OLED's are good for 100,000 hours which is almost 23 years if your tellies on for a mammoth 12 hours a day. Or much closer to 50 years if you're normal.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

Is there anywhere/anyone independent in Edinburgh you can take a TV that is working in terms of audio but no picture appearing. Shop/manufacturer won't fix apparently. 

Probably worthwhile contacting relevant customer service/warranty department at John Lewis. When an item they've sold needs fixed, they have arrangements with various maintenance companies across the country who carry out this work. I'd imagine they should be able to give the details of the business who conduct work for your region. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu
21 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Probably worthwhile contacting relevant customer service/warranty department at John Lewis. When an item they've sold needs fixed, they have arrangements with various maintenance companies across the country who carry out this work. I'd imagine they should be able to give the details of the business who conduct work for your region. 

Thanks - will give that a shot. Unfortunately didn't buy the TV from John Lewis but you never know they might offer help! 

Shanks said no
On 17/11/2018 at 16:56, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Looking to get a new tv as current one is broken...

any recommendations? Any good deals out there?

looking for something between 30 & 40 inches probably 

not sure what the smart TVs are all about but would consider one of those 

thanks 

What did you end up buying and did you get a good deal?