Jump to content
LewisR5-1

Section G / Section N emails

Recommended Posts

Nookie Bear
47 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

I have no problem with their response at all. It's sad that it came to this but I can see why they've taken the stance they have. I'm more annoyed that, as someone who's had a season ticket in both G and N that the majority who do behave themselves are the ones being tarred with the same brush. Maybe not by the club, but by certain people on JKB.

 

What I would want to see is a serious commitment from the club that away supporters can not and will not be permitted to take liberties like assaulting our goalkeeper or throwing a microphone into our centre halves face. 

 

 

I wouldn't stand at a game if the person behind me was incapable of standing for a full 90 minutes. I very rarely sit down at games, because I usually ask the TO for seats at the back of the stand. This is partially down to the fact I'm too tall for quite a few grounds around the division, but also being on my feet helps during the colder months.

 

It shouldn't be hard to work around those who don't want to stand at the football and those who do.

 

Good post. 

 

The rules of Tynecastle need to be applied to ALL supporters, as stated on the clubs’ website. 

 

Which part of N threw the coin? ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Good post. 

 

The rules of Tynecastle need to be applied to ALL supporters, as stated on the clubs’ website. 

 

Which part of N threw the coin? ^_^

 

I always thought, possibly incorrectly, that the home club in any game were effectively responsible for maintaining/enforcing/determining (not sure which terminology covers it best) matters within their stadium for all fans present, irrespective of who they were there to support. I remember hearing something at a meeting I was at once which was effectively an admission that the police cannot or will not enforce things as they should be when the likes of Celtic are in town, because of the numbers and potential reaction in the event of them (the police) looking to take action. I get the impression that the taken approach nowadays is to film everything and take action later. If sufficient punishment isn't dished out I would imagine it creates a situation where those considering causing problems are less worried about it being picked up on

 

In terms of your second point I, without hoping to sound too serious at the time, was talking to someone about this during the week and said to them "it did look, given where he (Lennon) was struck by the coin that it must have come from somewhere not far behind the dugouts". The main problem I then had was that one area in the sort of region I was thinking of is the directors box, and I don't think it came from there.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
1 hour ago, farin said:

 

The club aren’t responsible for what away fans sing/shout/throw or damage tbh. The police & stewards are employed by us to manage that. It’s debatable how effective they are at certain high profile games though but the match commanders report is read & discussed at board level on these issues. 

 

I’d Email the club directly with any concerns that you have though. 👍🏻 

 

 

 

 

 

After reading the latest statement, I feel an e-mail may be fruitless !

Your right about it being debatable how effective the old bill and stewards are at high profile games. It's an exercise in futility. I've seen a few coppers being asked what they were going to about behaviour in the away ends, esp the hooped demons. Felt sorry for them as it's not their call. 

An analogy of getting our house in order ? " Aye, let's get this place in order but keep that door closed, we don't go in that room ! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I always thought, possibly incorrectly, that the home club in any game were effectively responsible for maintaining/enforcing/determining (not sure which terminology covers it best) matters within their stadium for all fans present, irrespective of who they were there to support. I remember hearing something at a meeting I was at once which was effectively an admission that the police cannot or will not enforce things as they should be when the likes of Celtic are in town, because of the numbers and potential reaction in the event of them (the police) looking to take action. I get the impression that the taken approach nowadays is to film everything and take later. If sufficient punishment isn't dished out I would imagine it creates a situation where those considering causing problems are less worried about it being picked up on

 

In terms of your second point I, without hoping to sound too serious at the time, was talking to someone about this during the week and said to them "it did look, given where he (Lennon) was struck by the coin that it must have come from somewhere not far behind the dugouts". The main problem I then had was that one area in the sort of region I was thinking of is the directors box, and I don't think it came from there.

 

Cheers PJ

 

I do wonder if this story has a dramatic late twist, where cameras show Ann Budge reaching for her purse...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, farin said:

 

Amazing the amount of people don’t get or understand this tbh, people need to take responsibility for their own actions at games & not resort to whataboutery as an excuse for it. 

 

Can you point me to a post on this thread that says that people don't need to take responsibility for their own actions? Or that we should brush Hearts issues under the carpet because other teams fans do similar! That would be whataboutary, what we are asking for is consistency and an equal response from the club. Amazing the amount of people who don't understand this.. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Based on recent events (Dunne and Zlamal being hit) and numerous incidents of keepers being hassled by away fans, it seems right to no longer sell tickets for at least the front row of the Roseburn.

Hearts Review had a wee chat about it and made a lot of sense. Worth a listen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
1 hour ago, Pistol1874 said:

I’d tend to agree, but anyone daft enough to be responsible can expect consequences.

 

Aye, we can't have people being responsible. That would never do. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The club should invest in technology that photographs every individual as they enter the stadium via every turnstile and ties that image to the ticket presented using the bar code. The police should also take high resolution images of the crowd section by section. 

 

In the event of any incident then the use of that photographic information it should make it easier to identify any individuals involved. 

 

Pretty sad reflection of our society if and when we have to resort to this sort of scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
3 hours ago, Boab said:

 

After reading the latest statement, I feel an e-mail may be fruitless !

Your right about it being debatable how effective the old bill and stewards are at high profile games. It's an exercise in futility. I've seen a few coppers being asked what they were going to about behaviour in the away ends, esp the hooped demons. Felt sorry for them as it's not their call. 

An analogy of getting our house in order ? " Aye, let's get this place in order but keep that door closed, we don't go in that room ! "

 

The policy usually is just to record then deal with it away from the game if possible, you’ll see some officers wearing cameras at games. Doesn’t mean they won’t arrest on the spot if the situation demands it tbh.

 

Hearts have no control over perceived inaction by the police against away fans tbh, I have my own gripes on that subject as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

 

 

In terms of your second point I, without hoping to sound too serious at the time, was talking to someone about this during the week and said to them "it did look, given where he (Lennon) was struck by the coin that it must have come from somewhere not far behind the dugouts". The main problem I then had was that one area in the sort of region I was thinking of is the directors box, and I don't think it came from there.

 

The coin came from Sec R. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
15 minutes ago, farin said:

 

The policy usually is just to record then deal with it away from the game if possible, you’ll see some officers wearing cameras at games. Doesn’t mean they won’t arrest on the spot if the situation demands it tbh.

 

Hearts have no control over perceived inaction by the police against away fans tbh, I have my own gripes on that subject as well. 

 

Yip. Hear that.

We have one really good way to take action but it would cost us money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pistol1874
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

 

Aye, we can't have people being responsible. That would never do. ;)

🤦🏻‍♂️

 

 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
52 minutes ago, farin said:

 

The policy usually is just to record then deal with it away from the game if possible, you’ll see some officers wearing cameras at games. Doesn’t mean they won’t arrest on the spot if the situation demands it tbh.

 

Hearts have no control over perceived inaction by the police against away fans tbh, I have my own gripes on that subject as well. 

 

We should be sending a message that anyone who commits an offence within the confines of Tynecastle Park will be dealt with. No matter which team they are there to support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King prawn
On 08/11/2018 at 18:38, Footballfirst said:

The club should invest in technology that photographs every individual as they enter the stadium via every turnstile and ties that image to the ticket presented using the bar code. The police should also take high resolution images of the crowd section by section. 

 

In the event of any incident then the use of that photographic information it should make it easier to identify any individuals involved. 

Did they not have a thing in the Championship season for a home game against Alloa where you could zoom in on yourself afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×