The Apprentice

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Yes it probably should have ended five years ago but one of the little things in tv which has some entertainment value. Kicks off this week and seems a few sorts this year.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-25/the-apprentice-2018-contestants-16-candidate-profiles-bbc1/

As always, it’s a full house of English candidates. 

6 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

**** me these people are annoying.

From reading their personal quotes I hate them all already.

3 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

It's morphed into something that it never intended to be.

Awful, full of absolute idiots and wannabe celebrities.

Saw a bit of it.

One annoying "northern" bint has horrendous lips that reminded me of Pete Burns.

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Saw a bit of it.

One annoying "northern" bint has horrendous lips that reminded me of Pete Burns.

?  Harsh but fair.

Horatio Caine
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Saw a bit of it.

Emptied, first episode.

rudi must stay
On 01/10/2018 at 15:52, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Yes it probably should have ended five years ago but one of the little things in tv which has some entertainment value. Kicks off this week and seems a few sorts this year.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-25/the-apprentice-2018-contestants-16-candidate-profiles-bbc1/

As always, it’s a full house of English candidates. 

Certainly a few yes. Never replaced the original aides, Nick and Margaret were there to simply report back. The new two get way too involved

Horatio Caine
21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If these chinless wonders are the future of this country then we are up shit creek without a paddle. 

What is the collective noun for planks again ?

Canoe.

8 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

She was awful, almost unprompted she kept referring to prejudices against her being "Northern."  The winner is chosen at the start on the basis of business plans, it's now a 10 week audition for reality TV.  Should be killed stone dead.

That would be the long and short of it . They all hope to do enough on camera before they are fired to then get a gig on the next shite tv show ! 

John Findlay
7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If these chinless wonders are the future of this country then we are up shit creek without a paddle. 

A set of woods.

11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Navy

rudi must stay

New low key feel to it, like the first series. More about business and the small details, less flashy titles and glitz and glamour. Like it

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught up on this series. Possibly the most useless bunch yet.

Glad the wee drama queen Frank got the chop there. As for that guy with the glasses, 3 episodes down and has he actually said anything yet??? ?

Dagger Is Back

Traditional UK doughnuts. Aye let’s put some Earl Grey in too alongside a custard cream!

Bizarre!

And then folks paid a fiver for one!

Proof that there are mugs a plenty

Said it before, will say it again.  The only difference between the Apprentice and Big Brother these days is that they let them out the house.  

Auditioning process clearly based around ability to be a drama queen, cause arguments and look a certain way.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Said it before, will say it again.  The only difference between the Apprentice and Big Brother these days is that they let them out the house.  

Auditioning process clearly based around ability to be a drama queen, cause arguments and look a certain way.

Anyone that looks organised, intelligent, and isn't an obnoxious loudmouth will be screened out as they won't make good TV.

Mind you I doubt many serious business people would put themselves into such a process in the first place.

• 1 month later...
Better call Saul
11 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

No one watching it this year?! 

I have been watching it but I have found sugar really irritating! He likes to be funny but I am hearing more and more little jokey ends to his sentences trying to be even more funny. 

That hi-fi company that was one of the clients in the last episode, I know a guy used to work for them, talking well over 40k for a turntable, amps at 80k... Who the feck has that sort of money? 

Guy would tell me horror stories of doing "drop tests" on a 60k speaker 

Candidates are all pish this year, I wouldn't trust any of them to run a tuckshop 

7 hours ago, Bozi said:

……..

Candidates are all pish this year, I wouldn't trust any of them to run a tuckshop 

Most run their own businesses. One of them ran six offices worldwide, selling them for millions.

A tuck shop should be no problem :wink:

haveyouheard 22

Seen highlights now and then but would never tune in, all about self centered fu cks, though i do watch other shite on TV, so canny  really  complain

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Seen highlights now and then but would never tune in, all about self centered fu cks, though i do watch other shite on TV, so canny  really  complain

Every once in a while you see a new task and what made it great, that's what I tune in for. I don't think it's shite to be honest, but they are throwing in too many plonkers with pathetic egos every year

rudi must stay
20 hours ago, Bozi said:

That hi-fi company that was one of the clients in the last episode, I know a guy used to work for them, talking well over 40k for a turntable, amps at 80k... Who the feck has that sort of money? 

Guy would tell me horror stories of doing "drop tests" on a 60k speaker 

Don't know what he sees in the quiet blonde one. Has a big mouth and a poor attitude, I would happily hire the woman that was sacked last week. She impressed me the most of any of them. My prediction, I think the American woman will win

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Sugar should keep his money.

One of the finalists is inexperienced, missed 20k from the business plan, has an obsession with over-sexualizing products, stated that her family would be unpaid employees as ridiculous volumes of nut-milk are churned out of a small kitchen. She also has to be one of the least unprofessional candidates ever to appear.

Show has now reached the point of parody, and I can’t stop watching it.

They are unbelievably poor this year. I actually liked the girl with the Cleaning business. The Nut Milk finalist must be the worst finalist there has been.  

InNothingWeTrust

I'm pretty sure they give away the winner at the end of the episode in the "coming up next week" bit.  They show the two finalists in the boardroom and also where Sugar points when saying "you're hired", albeit from a different angle, but you can guess which candidate he's pointing to.

I agree the finalists are poor this year (again).  Best of a bad bunch to be honest!

Edited by InNothingWeTrust

46 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He obviously thinks he can flog the nut milk. I like coconut milk. How much do you need though? 

The nut milk girl is very inexperienced, has been immature in some aspects but has a good idea.

Since the show is called "The Apprentice" she could be taken under his wing and learn a lot - it's a business that is at the very start and i think Sugar suspects he can build it quickly and get a good ROI. 

The swimsuit girl is more professional but her pitch that involved spending all the investment on marketing was terrible. I also suspect Sugar doesn't fancy going into that industry. 

11 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

They are unbelievably poor this year. I actually liked the girl with the Cleaning business.

I liked her too but her combative nature and the plans to uproot and try and pitch for business in London in year one wrecked her chances. If she'd been more restrained in her ambition and focussed on building up business in smaller towns/cities she'd have had a chance i reckon. 

AlphonseCapone
On 13/12/2018 at 07:02, InNothingWeTrust said:

I'm pretty sure they give away the winner at the end of the episode in the "coming up next week" bit.  They show the two finalists in the boardroom and also where Sugar points when saying "you're hired", albeit from a different angle, but you can guess which candidate he's pointing to.

I agree the finalists are poor this year (again).  Best of a bad bunch to be honest!

I've thought this before but I don't think they use the point from this year's episode. I've watched out for it in other episodes and he's in a different suit a lot of the time. 

Oh and Sabrina, yes. 

On 12/12/2018 at 23:03, tokyowalnut said:

They are unbelievably poor this year. I actually liked the girl with the Cleaning business. The Nut Milk finalist must be the worst finalist there has been.  

The cleaning business is the only viable winner, but they’ve shot her down with this “aggressive” pish, despite the fact that Sugar has made a career out of being a shouty, ill tempered, bully.

The tasks are a waste of time.  It all comes down to the interviews and the business plan.

3 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Been said before i think but why waste 10 weeks of the candidates life before saying you don't like the business plan they gave you on day one!? 

I'd imagine that during the process, those with the more viable business plans will be given more leeway when it comes to the boardroom.  

14 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The cleaning business is the only viable winner, but they’ve shot her down with this “aggressive” pish, despite the fact that Sugar has made a career out of being a shouty, ill tempered, bully.

The tasks are a waste of time.  It all comes down to the interviews and the business plan.

I liked her. I didn't find her nearly as aggressive as the gobby American lass, or that sneaky Jasmine and she was mostly just trying to defend herself.

23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I liked her. I didn't find her nearly as aggressive as the gobby American lass, or that sneaky Jasmine and she was mostly just trying to defend herself.

The only credible candidate amongst a bunch of pointless pricks.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This is tragic.  One of these useless ****ers will be £250k richer by the end of this show.  

True but I suspect their company will be dissolved in a year or two as their products are rank. 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

True but I suspect their company will be dissolved in a year or two as their products are rank. 

The milk one should do well if it tastes decent. The vegans are coming for the dairy industry.