Irony of Celtic fans accusing us of bigotry.....!

Tommy Walker

28 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Utter drivel. :rofl:

The atmosphere on Saturday was fantastic and by far the biggest factor in creating that is our start to the season and the connection between the players and fans.

You’ve consistently called for the group that’s so evidently the catalyst behind this to be collectively penalised for the actions of individuals.

I wasn’t at the Raith game due to work so I can’t comment on that but prior to that the last two away games without the ‘Gorgie Boys’ group (that ‘young team’ patter is honking btw, not aimed specifically at you but what a howling description that is) were Cove and Killie, and I can’t recall a single song at either. They are the difference whether you like it or not Frank, and you’re trying to dispose of them. Feel free to debate any of the points raised.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Alex Kintner

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Governor Tarkin

Every season these MENSA level gentlemen make an appearance. I suppose they need some way of compensating for the crushing mediocrity of their daily lives, I just wish they'd compensate elsewhere. I've never really understood their inadequacies.

Edited by pcw1874

7 hours ago, Bez said:

Hmmm...

You have segregation in education down south.

You have Orange Marches down south.

Commenting on an Orange Football strip is utterly pointless.

Most people down South haven't a clue what an orange march is and care even less. There are a few faith schools dotted about but they're relatively rare outside the cities.

27 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You’ve consistently called for the group that’s so evidently the catalyst behind this to be collectively penalised for the actions of individuals.

I wasn’t at the Raith game due to work so I can’t comment on that but prior to that the last two away games without the ‘Gorgie Boys’ group (that ‘young team’ patter is honking btw, not aimed specifically at you but what a howling description that is) were Cove and Killie, and I can’t recall a single song at either. They are the difference whether you like it or not Frank, and you’re trying to dispose of them. Feel free to debate any of the points raised.

I haven’t mentioned the singing section once in relation to the seat destruction/naughty songs on Saturday. After their pitiful turnout and lack of volume at the St Mirren game it became clear that there’s only a couple of dozen young lads that make up the singing section and their impact is minimal.

We’ve always had a much better away support than home support and it’s even better when the team is going great. Saturday was a perfect example. Whether there had been two dozen young lads there with a drum or not, the atmosphere would have been incredible. To suggest otherwise is doing a disrespect to the other 2900 of us who were there.

I’ve mentioned this several times now but the whole point of the singing section (as stated themselves at the outset) was to improve the atmosphere at home games. Away games have always taken care of themselves. 

Edited by Frank1874

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Utter drivel. :rofl:

The atmosphere on Saturday was fantastic and by far the biggest factor in creating that is our start to the season and the connection between the players and fans.

Correct. 

Atmosphere **** all to do with 20 spotty pricks waving union jacks throwing smoke bombs and breaking seats!!( and banging a drum badly).

We win/play well= better atmosphere.

The end.

I do not want to belittle what took place on Saturday but I do think this stuff is heading on its way out of Tynecastle. I hear this less and less each season and when I do it seems to stop very quickly. For instance, I was in the upper section on Saturday and some lads sang it after we scored, appeared to quickly come their senses and stopped. 

There were 3,000 of us there on Saturday and this came from a few lads in the singing section down the bottom right. I personally do not think this is endemic in our club; a club whose morality should be measured by being the first club to implement a living wage, have a children's charity as its shirt sponsor, being an entirely fan-owned club and holding a handful of foodbank collections outside our ground each year.

Let's focus on the stuff that really matters! 

Edited by Highlander
Typo

34 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Most people down South haven't a clue what an orange march is and care even less. There are a few faith schools dotted about but they're relatively rare outside the cities.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-orange-lodge-condemns-violent-13174822.amp

There’s definitely more Catholic schools in Scotland, but there are still Catholic schools, as I was saying. Think it’s something like 10% in England and 30% ish in Scotland.

Edited by Bez

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. 

Atmosphere **** all to do with 20 spotty pricks waving union jacks throwing smoke bombs and breaking seats!!( and banging a drum badly).

We win/play well= better atmosphere.

The end.

Nah mate. The atmosphere was only great because the two dozen laddies in the singing section have “galvanised our whole away support.” 

:cornette:

Haven't read the middle pages of this topic so forgive me if someone has already mentioned this as an idea but as opposed to confronting the morons singing these songs I know that when Hellas Verona had a problem with a racist minority in their crowd the rest of the fans whilsted over any racist chanting to drown it out. 

Just a thought considering I feel these idiots are in the minority.

AlphonseCapone
11 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct Des, just a wee bit over exuberance from the lads!!

Quite often you try and downplay any chat relating to bigoted singing. Might make folk think you support it or something. 

Fly the Saltire
49 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I was at Hamilton and Motherwell . The so called signing / drum section was full of sectarian bile. If they stuck to the numerous Hearts songs everyone on kickback would applaud them for their efforts. As someone brought up in a mining district of central Scotland I am no middle class luvvie but well aware of the distructive nature of religious bigotry which has no place in 21st century Scotland or at Hearts. They are no innocent young idiots they know fine the agenda they are promoting. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

The Catholic God or the Protestant one?

Allahu Akbar.

8 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

I had a Twitter exchange with one of these wee fuds last week. I was reasonably explaining why bigotry and sectarianism has no place around Hearts.

4 times he told me that ''Tynecastle is staunch'', then sent me a video of Hearts fans booing a minutes silence for a dead Pope. 

There is no reasoning with them. I will not go as far as to call them scum, but they are about as ****** stupid as you can imagine.

I'd love to name him, but I wont. He is on here. 

Unfortunately the sectarian simpleton comes out of this looking better than you NYF

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

I do not want to belittle what took place on Saturday but I do think this stuff is heading on its way out of Tynecastle. I hear this less and less each season and when I do it seems to stop very quickly. For instance, I was in the upper section on Saturday and some lads sang it after we scored, appeared to quickly come their senses and stopped. 

There were 3,000 of us there on Saturday and this came from a few lads in the singing section down the bottom right. I personally do not think this is endemic in our club; a club whose morality should be measured by being the first club to implement a living wage, have a children's charity as its shirt sponsor, being an entirely fan-owned club and holding a handful of foodbank collections outside our ground each year.

^^^ good post ^^*

No place for complacency, but it should also be recognised how far the Hears support has come in the space of a generation. 

Governor Tarkin
56 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

If they stuck to the numerous Hearts songs everyone on kickback would applaud them for their efforts.

Like they care :lol:

Nobody gives two hoots what folk on kickback think apart from folk on kickback.

Jambof3tornado

Nah mate. The atmosphere was only great because the two dozen laddies in the singing section have “galvanised our whole away support.” 

I do feel galvanised right enough.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I suppose it was them who galvanised all of these new FoH subscribers as well. Heroes every one of them.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This is true, folks !

Sorry !

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No place for complacency, but it should also be recognised how far the Hears support has come in the space of a generation. 

And will continue to do. The whole kiddie-on cardboard bigotry thing is an anachronism. Our generations have seen the end of it in any meaningful sense. What we have now is a shower of daftys trying to be all rebellious and edgy. It's had it's day.

Can you explain CL’s comments after the Killie game? 

You looked an arse on the other thread mate when you claimed the atmosphere at our away games had always been great, and several posters who go most weeks openly rubbished your claim.

Keep telling yourself it’s not them if it makes you feel better, but as the weeks go on, JKB’s finest look less and less sure they have the stranglehold on Hearts fans’ opinions.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

This is true, folks !

Sorry !

FFS Boab!

Surely Vermin.net and Bearsdinnaeken and TimStreet watch with baited breath on here for the ‘latest news’?

Surely?

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They probably care in the sense they will be loving the anguish on here. 

Just now, Morgan said:

FFS Boab!

Surely Vermin.net and Bearsdinnaeken and TimStreet watch with baited breath on here for the ‘latest news’?

Surely?

Good point, buddy.

An interesting one actually. Is there a " .net's for arseholes " chant at Easter Rd ?

6 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I suppose it was them who galvanised all of these new FoH subscribers as well. Heroes every one of them.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can I be in the club? 

Please say yes.

The bantz are unreal. All we need is a ‘Kickback’s for arseholes’ post with a strategic smilie and a tenuous claim about someone’s cousin’s twitter and I’ve think I’ve got bingo.

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And will continue to do. The whole kiddie-on cardboard bigotry thing is an anachronism. Our generations have seen the end of it in any meaningful sense. What we have now is a shower of daftys trying to be all rebellious and edgy. It's had it's day.

The kids (!) want to be rebellious and unfortunately sectarianism is the “go to” subject in this country when you want to be edgy and upset others at the football. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Good point, buddy.

An interesting one actually. Is there a " .net's for arseholes " chant at Easter Rd ?

Songs at Easter Road, apart from ‘Hi-bees’    :rofl:

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Quite often you try and downplay any chat relating to bigoted singing. Might make folk think you support it or something. 

Fair comment. I don’t normally get involved in this thread theme as I just think it’s all a bit OTT. I’ll leave it there.

I've followed Hearts since early 1970 and I have been through the times when our support has been highly bigoted and also when it had completely died out. Back in the late 70s, an Edinburgh derby would genuinely be like a mini-OF game, especially after segregation was introduced. By the 2000s Edinburgh had moved into the 21st century while major parts of Glasgow had not. 

In terms of attendance and significance the 2 biggest Edinburgh derbies I have attended were both in Glasgow. Fantastic days obviously for the results but also for the fact that there were no sectarian songs, at least inside the stadium and that is from both sides. Ok a couple of UJs and a couple of tricolours but I can't recall hearing the Sash, Derry's Walls, No Pope of Rome etc from our side or anything from the vermin. Homophobic yes (02.04.06) but not sectarian. I just don't get how a section of our fans think that singing sectarian, anti-catholic, anti-Irish songs are going to inspire our players to play harder or better. John Colquhoun was one of my Hearts heroes in the 80s. Can't imagine him playing more for the cause cos we're singing the Sash or Jimmy Dunne now for that matter.

To go back to the OP's point though? Spot on! My old man was Celtic. He wasn't Celtic-minded despite being RC. He took me to Tynecastle not Parkhead because he knew what they were like.

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They probably care in the sense they will be loving the anguish on here. 

That's about the size of it. The last thing they want is the JKB stamp of approval.

Just now, Boab said:

Maybe a bit too creative for them right enough !

Sure.

It would involve thinking, and having the ability to utilise a very small amount of brain cells.

Throw in decency, a modicum of class, moral and social standards and basic humanitarian behaviour and they would be like :nojustno:

This is rich coming from the club who constantly sang rebel and ira songs in their game v us. And it wasn't 40 daft laddies... it was the full end! They will never rid themselves of that side. It's the whole purpose of their existence.

We, on the other hand, need to weed this small element out of our support. It's not welcome at tynecastle anymore. Head along to ibrox if you want to sing that nonsense.  

1 hour ago, Bez said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-orange-lodge-condemns-violent-13174822.amp

There’s definitely more Catholic schools in Scotland, but there are still Catholic schools, as I was saying. Think it’s something like 10% in England and 30% ish in Scotland.

Liverpool is hardly a typical example. It got just as much Irish immigration in the 19th century as Glasgow and though it still has mild sectarianism it is nothing by comparison. Probably the worst you'll find anywhere in England or Wales. 

Swindon has 200,000 people,1 catholic secondary and all the rest non denominational. It has some Irish history and zero sectarianism. No one gives a toss here, not least me as an atheist.

Edited by SwindonJambo

39 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Can you explain CL’s comments after the Killie game? 

You looked an arse on the other thread mate when you claimed the atmosphere at our away games had always been great, and several posters who go most weeks openly rubbished your claim.

Keep telling yourself it’s not them if it makes you feel better, but as the weeks go on, JKB’s finest look less and less sure they have the stranglehold on Hearts fans’ opinions.

Just for clarity, you’re crediting the outstanding atmosphere at our last two away games to the two dozen teenagers and out of rhythm drummer who sat in the singing section during the St Mirren game? If they have this oustandingly galvanising effect on our support why were they so piss poor during the St Mirren match?

Edited by Frank1874

22 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Liverpool is hardly a typical example. It got just as much Irish immigration in the 19th century as Glasgow and though it still has mild sectarianism it is nothing by comparison. Probably the worst you'll find anywhere in England or Wales. 

Swindon has 200,00 people,1 catholic secondary and all the rest non denominational. It has some Irish history and zero sectarianism. No one gives a toss here, not least me as an atheist.

Sure, I’m not disputing that. I was just pointing out that these things also happen in England, not just in Scotland. It’s actually quite annoying how folk here haven’t moved on in the same way.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

Sure, I’m not disputing that. I was just pointing out that these things also happen in England, not just in Scotland. It’s actually quite annoying how folk here haven’t moved on in the same way.

But pretty much only in Liverpool and very likely nowhere else period. Due to its history, Liverpool had significant issues with sectarianism until the mid 70s when the lead godsquad of  Catholic and Protestant Churches teamed up and tackled it together. It’s still there but pretty marginal. Elsewhere it’s close to non existent.

11 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Sorry but the "catalyst" behind the support the team is getting is the way they are playing, not because some daft wee laddies are singing songs that have no relevance to OUR club.

Cove on a Wednesday night is hardly going to generate a great atmosphere, even if everyone there was singing  "hello, hello"

No-one is trying to "dispose" of anyone that supports the team, but by singing songs that OUR club have asked us specifically not to sing is not supporting OUR club.

Regal Kingston

Each stand is filmed for the duration of a football match. It will not be difficult to identify those singing offensive songs and smashing seats. It’s only a matter of time before people start getting banned. 

I still can’t believe they actually film themselves singing offensive songs then post on social media! 

Just made the detective work that bit easier. 

We need a good atmosphere on our travels so it would be good if those concerned made a few changes to some songs and cut out a few of the others. 

Shooter McGavin

Unlike Celtic, we’ve made several public attempts to remove the idiots and deal with them amongst our support. Celtic don’t even aknlowledge that they’ve got a problem cause it’s always “AYE BUT WHUTABOUT RANGERS FANS EH?” 

It’s a victim state of mind.

13 hours ago, Highlander said:

Good post.

There are some on here who paint us as the devil incarnate because of a few young lads who have not yet grown up.

On 17/09/2018 at 09:43, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why would a want to confront them ? My choice is a just don't sing those songs ! It's not about keyboard warrior stuff but if people feel so strongly about it confront them in the act rather than hiding behind social media 

Point is it's not people hiding behind social media - it's the fact you're suggesting that unless any poster actually confronts 30-40 neds at the time and tells them to shut up - and therefore risks a kicking - then they can't comment on the little ***** in our support. 

Sorry fof the confuson btw - I wasn't saying you should confront anyone, I was saying that you suggesting that if another poster is offended he should confornt a mob of bigoted ***** is unrealistic and a a bit daft.

Hearts Against Racism

Hi all, 

Thought this would be a good thread to post this.

I've started a wee twitter page for hearts fans who are against racism and sectarianism that has been making a revival in recent years.   We have only just started but if you're interested in supporting us just give our twitter page a follow. 

www.twitter.com/hmfcflaf

Cheers

Edited by Hearts Against Racism

Geoff the Mince
2 hours ago, Hearts Against Racism said:

Hi all, 

I've started a wee twitter page for hearts fans who are against racism and sectarianism that has been making a revival in recent years.   We have only just started but if you're interested in supporting us just give our twitter page a follow. 

www.twitter.com/hmfcflaf

Cheers

Are you in ANTIFA or a similar group ? 

2 hours ago, Hearts Against Racism said:

Hi all, 

www.twitter.com/hmfcflaf

Cheers

I'd suggest it has dwindled in recent years.

Governor Tarkin
59 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Are you in ANTIFA or a similar group ? 

That ANTIFA mob's tunnel vision blinds them to facism's good points, Geoff.

The way Goering rocked those jodhpurs remains unparalleled.

8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Sorry but the "catalyst" behind the support the team is getting is the way they are playing, not because some daft wee laddies are singing songs that have no relevance to OUR club.

Cove on a Wednesday night is hardly going to generate a great atmosphere, even if everyone there was singing  "hello, hello"

No-one is trying to "dispose" of anyone that supports the team, but by singing songs that OUR club have asked us specifically not to sing is not supporting OUR club.

Exactly. 

Sure Hearts have a problem, some of the Hearts FB pages have been unpleasant lately. E.g. someone posts some sectarian sh@te rather than being shot down, next they have a 25 'likes' and if you try and pull them for it your told to 'GTF snowflake, you no nothing of the 'tradition' of Hearts' (whatever that is) Seems like they populate groups 'en mass' and hunt in packs 

Hearts Against Racism
23 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That ANTIFA mob's tunnel vision blinds them to facism's good points, Geoff.

The way Goering rocked those jodhpurs remains unparalleled.

How does one even join antifa?  If you're asking whether I mask up and smash Windows, no.  All we are is a group of hearts fans that have no time bigotry and racism.  That's it.