Rankgers vs East Stirling

bertracoon

Were the commentators aware that East Stirling are 3rd bottom of the 3rd division?

Complete Hun love-in against a bunch of plumbers etc...

One thing our management should note. 16 year old John Fleck made his debut tonight. We have guys like Kostadinov etc, 19 this year but still no 1st team experience.

Were the commentators aware that East Stirling are 3rd bottom of the 3rd division?

Complete Hun love-in against a bunch of plumbers etc...

I for one am delighted they are through so they can pump the vermin in the next round. 107 in a row. :)

One thing our management should note. 16 year old John Fleck made his debut tonight. We have guys like Kostadinov etc, 19 this year but still no 1st team experience.

If we had a easy tie like east stirling,im sure we could have played one or two youngsters as well.

If we had a easy tie like east stirling,im sure we could have played one or two youngsters as well.

possibly, but my point is we have guys who need pushed at the moment and we continue to fill our bench with mediocre players like Elliot, Ivaskevicius, Miko etc

Dr Ian Malcolm

I was at Edinburgh City v. East Stirling in the 2nd (?) round at meadowbank (was only there due to two mates playing for City, THE WORST game of football I've ever seen - to think it would have been a tenner without the old student card!) - Edinburgh City were all over them and only lost 2 poor goals in the last ten minutes. They are awful. The sooner the league is opened up to all teams, pro, junior and senior, the better.

CompleteIdiot
I was at Edinburgh City v. East Stirling in the 2nd (?) round at meadowbank (was only there due to two mates playing for City, THE WORST game of football I've ever seen - to think it would have been a tenner without the old student card!) - Edinburgh City were all over them and only lost 2 poor goals in the last ten minutes. They are awful. The sooner the league is opened up to all teams, pro, junior and senior, the better.

I totally agree. The third division, the regional leagues and the juniors need to be brought together in a lower divisional system like in England. Division 3 is festering into nothing.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Unfortunately, its too much like common sense to happen. All the blazer boys in their wee leauge committes want to keep the status quo - "can't go off and join the league - we wouldn't be as important then". The 2nd (bar one or two) and third division bar should all be part-time anyway. The fact that many junior games attracy higher crowds than certain league games proves these teams have the support to be incorporated, several would more than hold their own too.

Archived