Gaffer looking for out of contract midfielder

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It seems hard to believe that Beith isnt worth a shot. Surely we can recall him?

Seems more sensible than a punt?

Not unless we added that clause to the loan contract.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know there’s funds there to bring in both a striker and a midfielder.

Obviously it’s a blow losing Djoum but should we bring in 2 players in the coming weeks our squad will be pretty damn strong.

Failing to see any negatives with this news.

??

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Cheers, do that if you want to me. :thumbsup:

You do prefer Hibs to Hearts though... certainly when it comes to your ‘content’ on here. 

I quite like it when we display dominance over Hibs. Been quite a while sadly 

You willingly confuse justified criticism and concern with pro Hibs slant. Makes some people happy I guess 

I'm concerned that what has been heralded on here in recent months sees us still well off the pace. Keeper and left back issues have been thankully addressed - only to be an issue in the summer yet again 

It really is ok to have an objective approach and want us to do better and do all of that whilst being a Hearts fan 

My advice - try it sometime 

6 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Good to know there’s funds there to bring in both a striker and a midfielder.

Obviously it’s a blow losing Djoum but should we bring in 2 players in the coming weeks our squad will be pretty damn strong.

Failing to see any negatives with this news.

??

Dont forget we lodged a bid off 300k for Cadden not too long ago. I get the impression there is money to spend should we need to. In saying that from recent acquisitions it looks to me like we are going for short term till the summer then we may see us look for long term players, possibly paying some decent money too, dont forget Levein is still trying to offload Cathros team and come summer fingers crossed the likes of Martin will be gone. 

1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Dont forget we lodged a bid off 300k for Cadden not too long ago. I get the impression there is money to spend should we need to. In saying that from recent acquisitions it looks to me like we are going for short term till the summer then we may see us look for long term players, possibly paying some decent money too, dont forget Levein is still trying to offload Cathros team and come summer fingers crossed the likes of Martin will be gone. 

He wont have a lot of choice considering a large part of the current team are on loan although I know there are hints of Adao wanting to stay longer. I am still not totally convinced about Milinkovic as I know the same was suggested about him staying.

If we can't do a deal with McLaughlin then we are really looking for more than half a team again in the summer.

So it is back to the building blocks again and that is always risky compared to having the nucleous of a squad and just having to make one or two changes.

33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He wont have a lot of choice considering a large part of the current team are on loan although I know there are hints of Adao wanting to stay longer. I am still not totally convinced about Milinkovic as I know the same was suggested about him staying.

If we can't do a deal with McLaughlin then we are really looking for more than half a team again in the summer.

So it is back to the building blocks again and that is always risky compared to having the nucleous of a squad and just having to make one or two changes.

Agree dave 

Someone mentioned on here 4 new midfielders were wanted in the summer. This should be enough time for Craig to seek who he is after. I have every confidence he will bring in the players required. Its a risk yeh but Levein has a great track record for signing decent players. Hopefully we can get Adao on a long term deal

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

I know... can’t help but think that absolute flaming count of an agent might be part of his particular problem.

Can we please stop our young players getting advice from a total Hun ***** in future?

Of that opinion too. He's playing too well in that league (so obviously he could be playing at a higher level). That said, I don't want us bringing him into the team/ put any time and effort into building him in if his agent is just going to start his crap again and we've got Walker 2.0.

Better just to let the last of his lot go and be strict about what agents we will work with going forward. 

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

You willingly confuse justified criticism and concern with pro Hibs slant. Makes some people happy I guess 

I'm concerned that what has been heralded on here in recent months sees us still well off the pace. Keeper and left back issues have been thankully addressed - only to be an issue in the summer yet again 

It really is ok to have an objective approach and want us to do better and do all of that whilst being a Hearts fan 

I think I do have an objective approach and I believe we have made good progress so far this season compared to where we were 6 months ago. We need to continue with that progress. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think I do have an objective approach and I believe we have made good progress so far this season compared to where we were 6 months ago. We need to continue with that progress. 

Sorry - I was responding to that poster specifically. Accusations of being a Hibs fan are highly tiresome and frankly devoid of debate 

We have made progress - but the comparison is based on the lowest points accumulation of any side in last 6 months of last season 

The rebuild required in the summer looks bigger than some might wish to believe. 

We remain some way short of top 4 and that isn't great in this league 

Just my own views for what they might be worth 

26 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Sorry - I was responding to that poster specifically. Accusations of being a Hibs fan are highly tiresome and frankly devoid of debate 

We have made progress - but the comparison is based on the lowest points accumulation of any side in last 6 months of last season 

The rebuild required in the summer looks bigger than some might wish to believe. 

We remain some way short of top 4 and that isn't great in this league 

Just my own views for what they might be worth 

Skirting round the subject again!

The poster didn't accuse you of being a Hibs supporter.

He asked if you were.  Kill all doubt by saying yes you are a Hibs supporter or no you're not a Hibs supporter.

39 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Says a lot for Martin if he isn't getting put in as a stand in for Djoim.

He plays in development games so it has to be something to do with appearances... maybe his appearance money is something the club don’t want to pay?! 

I’m suprised they don’t pay him off tbh... maybe he is digging get his heels in as there is no better deal elsewhere?!

47 minutes ago, OTT said:

Of that opinion too. He's playing too well in that league (so obviously he could be playing at a higher level). That said, I don't want us bringing him into the team/ put any time and effort into building him in if his agent is just going to start his crap again and we've got Walker 2.0.

Better just to let the last of his lot go and be strict about what agents we will work with going forward. 

Sorry for being lazy but what player are you talking about?

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

It seems hard to believe that Beith isnt worth a shot. Surely we can recall him?

Seems more sensible than a punt?

That's my belief too, makes more sense to me than Paul Paton.

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Skirting round the subject again!

The poster didn't accuse you of being a Hibs supporter.

He asked if you were.  Kill all doubt by saying yes you are a Hibs supporter or no you're not a Hibs supporter.

Stop being a clown Al 

Idiotic remarks 

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Could be... How racist am I? :rofl:

Im sure they had some ex EPL boy who was good in the early 2000s on trial. Guy with big hair.

Yeah sure Richardson was in Italy at some Seria A team on trial so doubt hibs could have afforded him. Might have changed his demands now that he is without a club now. 

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Stop being a clown Al 

Idiotic remarks 

No need to be offensive.

Your reluctance to answer a straight question is starting to remove all doubt.

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No need to be offensive.

Your reluctance to answer a straight question is starting to remove all doubt.

What part of I have sat in same seat in section D since 1994 do you not get? 

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

To me, that reads like a sadomasochist trying out something new and finding it a bit more painful than they are used to, but it hasn't been ruled out indefinitely :-). Sorry.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You don't seem keen on our winter signings. 

Give us a breakdown on each and let us know what we should have differently. And is one defeat in 16 games a disappointment to you and why.

You seem to be sure of your opinion which is actually really cool but perhaps if you could explain why you have such low opinion of most things Hearts it would help us all understand your thoughts 

13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I got all of it.

The story goes that our owner is/was a Hibs supporter and started to come to Tynie with her daughter and becoming a ST holder

That tells me that people do have seats but are not necessarily Hearts supporters.

So once more

Are you a Hibs supporter or not?

I cannot understand your evasiveness unless you really have something to hide

Captain Canada

I don't understand this really. We have plenty of players who can play central midfield and I'd rather we waited until there's a bigger pool available in the summer. 

We've got Cowie, Cochrane, Buaben, Adao, Callachan and others from the U20s who could come in if needed. 

If there's money for two players I'd rather go for two strikers since we sold Isma and Stockton and let Keena go out on loan. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I got all of it.

The story goes that our owner is/was a Hibs supporter and started to come to Tynie with her daughter and becoming a ST holder

That tells me that people do have seats but are not necessarily Hearts supporters.

So once more

Are you a Hibs supporter or not?

I cannot understand your evasiveness unless you really have something to hide

You are a tiresome bore Al. Try and keep in mind that others have to read threads. 

My visits to Easter Road have always been in the away end and I've not missed a Hibs v Hearts game at Easter Road since 1984 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

You are a tiresome bore Al. Try and keep in mind that others have to read threads. 

My visits to Easter Road have always been in the away end and I've not missed a Hibs v Hearts game at Easter Road since 1984 

I'll do just that and from now shall take it that your total refusal to answer the straight question is that you are indeed a Hibs supporter unless/until you tell this board otherwise.

9 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

I don't understand this really. We have plenty of players who can play central midfield and I'd rather we waited until there's a bigger pool available in the summer. 

We've got Cowie, Cochrane, Buaben, Adao, Callachan and others from the U20s who could come in if needed. 

If there's money for two players I'd rather go for two strikers since we sold Isma and Stockton and let Keena go out on loan. 

Can someone (FF?) tell me if the club are covered by insurance for wages etc when  players like Djoum, Brandon etc are ruled out injured for lengthy spells..  Basically what I'm driving at is whether we could get an out of contract player to cover the position at minimal cost.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll do just that and from now shall take it that your total refusal to answer the straight question is that you are indeed a Hibs supporter unless/until you tell this board otherwise.

Who the **** do you think you are? 

You continually want to police these boards 

I'm clearly a Hearts fan. What ****ing infantile nonsense Al. Get a ****ing grip of yourself ffs 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

The constant witch-hunts on kickback these days are pathetic. 

Leave that to the mods.

12 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm clearly a Hearts fan. What ****ing infantile nonsense Al. Get a ****ing grip of yourself ffs 

:laugh:

23 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Just meet him at half time and have dust up! 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
7 hours ago, Spencer said:

We are succeeding big time 

Heady heights of 5th and only 9 points off 4th 

What do we win for being 4th in February? 

Hints available on request. 

39 minutes ago, Spencer said:

'Clearly a Hearts fan' lol...

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

JamboAl...not sure if it's possible to give other posters kudos, but consider your back slapped for breaking that Hobo Spency, brilliant!

Surely we should be giving Beith 3/4 months to win a new contract ? Fit and scoring and by all accounts playing well . Seems a better option than someone coming in who ain’t up to speed with match fitness 

53 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I don't want to police the board.

I just wanted to know (as someone else asked) if you were a Hibs supporter and you have not answered.  If it were me I would be rushing to deny it but your refusal has caused me and others on the board to believe ... well...I think you know what the board will conclude.

Not only that, your rude and offensive reaction is not befitting of a Hearts supporter so that adds extra credence to that conclusion.  You should treat fellow Jambos with courtesy and respect and you seem to have fallen short of these standards.  I am sorry I have upset you so much.

Bazzas right boot

Came on for an update and somehow a transfer thread is all about hibs.

A certain poster really needs to clear his head of all things hibs and just concentrate on Hearts.

Hibs have **** all to do with Hearts signing a midfielder.

Hopefully get a couple in next week to bolster the ranks.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't want to police the board.

I just wanted to know (as someone else asked) if you were a Hibs supporter and you have not answered.  If it were me I would be rushing to deny it but your refusal has caused me and others on the board to believe ... well...I think you know what the board will conclude.

Not only that, your rude and offensive reaction is not befitting of a Hearts supporter so that adds extra credence to that conclusion.  You should treat fellow Jambos with courtesy and respect and you seem to have fallen short of these standards.  I am sorry I have upset you so much.

Agreed, that profanity littered reply was far removed from the reply of a Hearts supporter. 

4 hours ago, Spencer said:

I definately don't think your a Hibs fan but your over inflation of their abilities seem to appear a lot especially during arguments(see the above statement about well of the pace)

I don't think we are well of the pace as yet. I am happy with the progress but I am also a realist and know there is work to be done.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be fair to Spency baby, he did say he was a Hearts fan. 

My problem with Spencer.  When you ask for an explanation of his criticism I'm afraid the response is either non existent or deflection. Just a lot of noise. The floor is open Spencer. Start with the January transfer window and analyse each signing. Why are things so bad

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My problem with Spencer.  When you ask for an explanation of his criticism I'm afraid the response is either non existent or deflection. Just a lot of noise. The floor is open Spencer. Start with the January transfer window and analyse each signing. Why are things so bad

They're not and that makes some people mad.

I love it when people claim that their subjective opinion is objective fact, based on their own feelings about a situation and this in age when the current philosophy says there is no truth - which, actually, is a truth statement.

Hail the great god O Pinion!!!

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Forgive me, I was dealing with some of the mundane matters that day to day life presents. However I'm highly cognisant the JKB attack dogs are circling and thirsting for blood, be assured therefore that you have my full undiluted attention 

You wanted my thoughts on January recruitment:-

Mitchell - very good player.  Given us proper balance after goodness knows how many cluster****s in that area. Replacing him in the summer is a major ask 

Adao - Looks the part. Combative in style yet still understandably searching for fitness. Just part of a midfield that needs completely reshaped imo. Whether he is still here come next season is debatable 

Amankwaa - seen very little. Clearly unfit and therefore until such time as he reaches required level of fitness to be deemed available for selection it would be impossible to comment.  Probably won't be seen to any meaningful extent until next season. If he is as quick as he is said to be he will shine in our squad which is horribly devoid of pace 

Naismith - The genuine article.  A proper football player. However...... if he only plays say 10 games has it been a worthwhile transaction, one in which will not have been without financial outlay. If there is a chance we can manage to retain him then it changes the complexion somewhat. Levein understandably wanted him in for Hibs cup tie as that was a must win game. Levein knew that and thankfully delivered.  

Any comparison I have made with Hibs was in context given their our neighbours and rivals. To trail them at this stage by 9 points given they are promoted is worrying. Clearly not a worry shared by all on here - I get that. All about opinions.

We have managed to sit where we do having done so through a peerless defensive record in our history. This has been necessary as we need clean sheets due to the lack of goals scored - 3rd lowest in the league. We are also where we are with arguably the best central defensive pairing in the league, best keeper and Lafferty is IIRC the 3rd highest scorer in the league. Take Mitchell and McLaughlin out of that side and there are two big gaps to fill before we address a lack of creativity and pace.

The emergence of some fine young players is a real positive. I do worry they might have been introduced before their readiness due to a real lack of depth of experienced players 

The level of squad overhaul required this summer once again means that we could see yet further indifference next year again. I'm not sure that is really where we ought to be in our 4th season back in the top flight but it is what it is 

I appreciate that you and countless others will wholeheartedly disagree with my thoughts. All about opinions I guess 

6 hours ago, Spencer said:

Been less than a month. You do seem very pro Hibs to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Forgive me, I was dealing with some of the mundane matters that day to day life presents. However I'm highly cognisant the JKB attack dogs are circling and thirsting for blood, be assured therefore that you have my full undiluted attention 

You wanted my thoughts on January recruitment:-

Mitchell - very good player.  Given us proper balance after goodness knows how many cluster****s in that area. Replacing him in the summer is a major as

Adao - Looks the part. Combative in style yet still understandably searching for fitness. Just part of a midfield that needs completely reshaped imo. Whether he is still here come next season is debatable 

Amankwaa - seen very little. Clearly unfit and therefore until such time as he reaches required level of fitness to be deemed available for selection it would be impossible to comment.  Probably won't be seen to any meaningful extent until next season. If he is as quick as he is said to be he will shine in our squad which is horribly devoid of pace 

Naismith - The genuine article.  A proper football player. However...... if he only plays say 10 games has it been a worthwhile transaction, one in which will not have been without financial outlay. If there is a chance we can manage to retain him then it changes the complexion somewhat. Levein understandably wanted him in for Hibs cup tie as that was a must win game. Levein knew that and thankfully delivered.  

Any comparison I have made with Hibs was in context given their our neighbours and rivals. To trail them at this stage by 9 points given they are promoted is worrying. Clearly not a worry shared by all on here - I get that. All about opinions.

We have managed to sit where we do having done so through a peerless defensive record in our history. This has been necessary as we need clean sheets due to the lack of goals scored - 3rd lowest in the league. We are also where we are with arguably the best central defensive pairing in the league, best keeper and Lafferty is IIRC the 3rd highest scorer in the league. Take Mitchell and McLaughlin out of that side and there are two big gaps to fill before we address a lack of creativity and pace.

The emergence of some fine young players is a real positive. I do worry they might have been introduced before their readiness due to a real lack of depth of experienced players 

The level of squad overhaul required this summer once again means that we could see yet further indifference next year again. I'm not sure that is really where we ought to be in our 4th season back in the top flight but it is what it is 

I appreciate that you and countless others will wholeheartedly disagree with my thoughts. All about opinions I guess 

I'm not accusing you of being a Hobo. You're obviously a glass half empty kind of guy. Look for the negative with every positive. You may call it objectivity just seem a bit of a downer but, as you say it's all about opinions. Personally I'm happier than I was at this time last season so jobs a good un.

Oh and FTH!

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm not accusing you of being a Hobo. You're obviously a glass half empty kind of guy. Look for the negative with every positive. You may call it objectivity just seem a bit of a downer but, as you say it's all about opinions. Personally I'm happier than I was at this time last season so jobs a good un.

Oh and FTH!

The online equivalent of someone running a current through your baws.

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Oh and FTH!

Give me a break man - Amankwaa has been taken out of first team squad for a 2 week intensive fitness program!! 

He is very evidently unfit! 

Just now, Spencer said:

Give me a break man - Amankwaa has been taken out of first team squad for a 2 week intensive fitness program!! 

He is very evidently unfit! 

Aye but he's here for 18 months dude. In a fortnight he could be awesome. Just chill a bit.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

The online equivalent of someone running a current through your baws.

That would be an ecumenical matter

1 hour ago, Rents said:

I definately don't think your a Hibs fan but your over inflation of their abilities seem to appear a lot especially during arguments(see the above statement about well of the pace)

I don't think we are well of the pace as yet. I am happy with the progress but I am also a realist and know there is work to be done.

In all honesty I'm still ****ed off that they won the Scottish Cup. Would be pragmatists on here tell us it had to happen some time..... 114 years wasn't long enough imo but each to their pwn

I think losing to Rangers in 2016 SCF would have been possibly the kick in the nuts they would have struggled to come back from.  Attendances were low - c. 8k in some home games. The Scottish Cup was their holy grail - for any Hearts fan to want them to win it or be ambivalent to them achieving it really is beyond my comprehension. They would have been in shit street had they lost having just been emptied out of play offs at Falkirk. Instead the SC galvanised their support. That was not a good thing but again that is just my own view 

9 points ahead of us whilst we have had two additional years to adjust / acclimatise to SPL is not acceptable imo. It might be OK for some but I can't subscribe to that. 

We certainly have some good young players coming through and that will be something where we can use to kick on in the next few years. I just feel we are devoid of numerous things and as I stated above - we most likely need a new keeper and a new left back before we address midfield options that aren't fit for purpose, a lack of pace and any meaningful creativity 

Clearly I'm not a happy clapper type. I consider myself a realist. We still have a huge amount of work to do 

Another crucial summer ahead 

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Aye but he's here for 18 months dude. In a fortnight he could be awesome. Just chill a bit.

Said that above - probably next year before we see him properly.  Come from a good level though so here's hoping 

Archived