Attendances this season

Gorgiewave

Almost 3k more than Aberdeen during the peak of their ‘dominant’ spell. 

:verysmug:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• All Out Attack

• i wish jj was my dad

• Spencer

Averaging nearly 19,000 is incredible.  Fantastic support from Hearts fans after two piss poor seasons - we deserve better.....ooops that's my "sense of entitlement" kicking in again!!

• 7 months later...
On 15/05/2018 at 10:50, luckydug said:

As I said on a previous thread.

Fans of non OF teams especially Hearts,Hibs and Aberdeen are due enormous credit for turning out in such healthy numbers.

Imagine what could be achieved if we had decent investment coming into our game thus opening the door to a league that more than one team can win.

Seymour M Hersh
On 15/05/2018 at 13:29, wavydavy said:

Other sources of income which is what we are aspiring to emulate now we have the new stand and better hospitlity options.

Did they not have a Director join the board who had made loads in the US and who has been pumping money into them? Not unlike our mystery benefactors but without the mystery.

On 21/02/2018 at 21:50, All Out Attack said:

I think if you take away the inflated away fan figures from Murrayfield is pretty close between ourselves and Hibs. Our home figures were also inflated due to some of the deals we had on during that spell. 

I don't think anyone can deny that Hibs have had a good a season and have kicked on, playing attacking football. The bottom line is goals and wins keep crowds coming back. Hibs will hit a slump sometime, so we'll see what happens to their crowds then. 

Our own season ticket sales next season are going to be intesting as we won't have the uniqness of the new stand as a draw. I think we may need a cup win or some genuinely exciting signings this time, to maintain our upward attendance trajectory. 

You've not seen your team playing recently have you? They're not very good.

Edited by Coolio

Just now, luckydug said:

Wonder what name he posts under now ? ?

Exactly. It doesn't take Columbo to work out that Kickback is infested with hobbits.

A simple rule of thumb (intentional) I use to identify them is that very, very rarely do the the gloating threads after a Derby contain any comments from hobbit contributors as they're still hurting too much.

These are the same people whose main input are entries which:

1- Call incessantly for CLs head

or

2 - Slaughter the running of the club - e.g. New stand overspend etc.

or

3 - Both of the above and numerous other negative/snidey shots besides.

It's healthy to criticise 'our' club provided it is honest and, if possible, constructive but the bile/pish that is allowed to go unchallenged on here is beyond belief sometimes.

I know of two Hibs supporting friends who have admitted to me that they are regularly on here and back each other up when challenged. Sadly I don't know the names they use. 

We keep doing that or better and the money will help us get better players. As a club, we are definitely growing and good european run if we get in would make a massive difference to finances. 

4 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Exactly. It doesn't take Columbo to work out that Kickback is infested with hobbits.

A simple rule of thumb (intentional) I use to identify them is that very, very rarely do the the gloating threads after a Derby contain any comments from hobbit contributors as they're still hurting too much.

or

or

It's healthy to criticise 'our' club provided it is honest and, if possible, constructive but the bile/pish that is allowed to go unchallenged on here is beyond belief sometimes.

I know of two Hibs supporting friends who have admitted to me that they are regularly on here and back each other up when challenged. Sadly I don't know the names they use. 

I have no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here as it can be quite interesting to see the alternative viewpoint.

It's the ones you describe pretending to be disgruntled Hearts fans that I object to.

34 minutes ago, Coolio said:

or

or

24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I have no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here as it can be quite interesting to see the alternative viewpoint.

It's the ones you describe pretending to be disgruntled Hearts fans that I object to.

The water gets muddied somewhat however, when Hearts supporters post in a manner that fits in to those above categories. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The water gets muddied somewhat however, when Hearts supporters post in a manner that fits in to those above categories. 

Particularly when said posters - say Spencer for example - regenerates into a new poster to regurgitate his hatred for Levein.

On 21/02/2018 at 19:52, kila said:

I wish clubs had to report actual bums on seats, as these figures likely include season ticket holders that didn't bother going. Though that only likely to affect the 'bigger' clubs' figures.

Is it not for tax purposes that they need to state the number of tickets sold? 

20 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Particularly when said posters - say Spencer for example - regenerates into a new poster to regurgitate his hatred for Levein/Hearts

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

On top of our high attendance and pledging we're still expected to fork out an extra £100 for the right to purchase our own st seats for cup games.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

On top of our high attendance and pledging we're still expected to fork out an extra £100 for the right to purchase our own st seats for cup games.

Season tickets have always been for League games.  With Hearts, and every other club. 

Am I missing something with this seethe? 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

No, Ann Budge introduced the ‘numpty tax’ for the numpties who didn’t realise that a season ticket was a lease of a seat, owned by Hearts, for a couple of hours on 19 specified dates. These numpties, could then pay £100 so that they could then guarantee a lease of said seat, still owned by Hearts, for a set of hypothetical Scottish Cup and League Cup matches. You don’t make millions in business without catering for the numpties of this world.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No, Ann Budge introduced the ‘numpty tax’ for the numpties who didn’t realise that a season ticket was a lease of a seat, owned by Hearts, for a couple of hours on 19 specified dates. These numpties, could then pay £100 so that they could then guarantee a lease of said seat, still owned by Hearts, for a set of hypothetical Scottish Cup and League Cup matches. You don’t make millions in business without catering for the numpties of this world.

:rofl:

Best post of 2019 so far.

18 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You're 100% correct Glib.

As I said previously, I have no issue whatsoever with our supporters criticising our club, but the venom/passion with which some on here go at it makes it difficult to understand their thought process as a 'supporter'. No doubt they will argue that their love of the club is such that they cannot stand anything less than the best from the club, both on and off the pitch.

19 hours ago, luckydug said:

Agreed, when said fans fly their clubs flag and come in peace I've no issue whatsoever because, as you said, an alternative viewpoint can be very interesting. Also, it can act as a decent reality check as we do view life through somewhat maroon tinted glasses.

David McCaig
9 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

Is it not for tax purposes that they need to state the number of tickets sold? 

It's certainly the case that its only the taxman that they need to give a true figure to..

I don't have a problem with giving the number of tickets sold v bums on seats.  For me a more interesting stat would be gate receipts for each game including hospitality.

Edited by David McCaig

On 22/02/2018 at 06:00, neiljb said:

St Johnstone are the real enigma.

Yes, strange how their crowds are so bad. Back when their stadium was new they used to fill it.

On 22/02/2018 at 06:47, Kiwidoug said:

Isn't that pretty impressive for Ross County.

Dingwall isn't exactly New York

Hoffenheim always got me, their average is more than five time the population.

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you smack someone down nicely......

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Season tickets have always been for League games.  With Hearts, and every other club. 

Am I missing something with this seethe? 

I still remember we were able to use our season tickets for home Scottish Cup games leading up to the 98 final. Can't remember the wee cup situation though! I think the club lost money as they didn't expect so many home ties and cup games were dropped after that. 

Sepp's Bladder
14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I still remember we were able to use our season tickets for home Scottish Cup games leading up to the 98 final. Can't remember the wee cup situation though! I think the club lost money as they didn't expect so many home ties and cup games were dropped after that. 

Dont remember as far back at '98 but I think back when it was a book of tickets, maybe around 10-15 years ago, they used to chuck in league cup games too. 

Then it became an optional add on which was pointless as we normally get drawn away!

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

Dont remember as far back at '98 but I think back when it was a book of tickets, maybe around 10-15 years ago, they used to chuck in league cup games too. 

Then it became an optional add on which was pointless as we normally get drawn away!

There were extra pages to tear out the season book for the cup games. I think the cost was factored into the price of a ST but you needed to see a couple of cup games to get the full value from a season ticket which rarely happened most seasons. 

Season tickets definitely included cup games at one point in the 90s. Robinson era I’m assuming, what with him being at the other end of the business acumen spectrum from our current owner. 

scott herbertson
42 minutes ago, tamflogel said:

Season tickets definitely included cup games at one point in the 90s. Robinson era I’m assuming, what with him being at the other end of the business acumen spectrum from our current owner. 

Not sure it makes business sense as the opposing team gets half the money so I assume if we had 13000 ST holders we would have to give the opposition the equivalent of 6,500 tickets worth, even if the attendance was 6000 (as the tickets have been ‘sold’ for the game) Not many clubs do it which suggests that financially it is perceived as a loser.

Edited by scott herbertson

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, tamflogel said:

97-98 included all cup games. One of the reasons we didn't make that much out of our cup run that year.

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

It's certainly the case that its only the taxman that they need to give a true figure to..

I don't have a problem with giving the number of tickets sold v bums on seats.  For me a more interesting stat would be gate receipts for each game including hospitality.

And the people who have the true attendance figures are the Police and the council as the license providers. 

So far this Premier League campaign we're averaging a home attendance of 17,856.

I can't be erkied to work out away allocations and how many empty seats were in each end but you can assume that Celtic, Rangers and Hibs had the full Roseburn stand and sold out their allocations.

Francis Albert

Scottish football is dying though. And if the OF leave we will become just like the Welsh league.

Given pre-60/61 (and indeed most post 60/61 until all seating) averages were boosted by huge OF and Hibs fans away attendances Hearts fans current attendances are even more impressive. Especially given a huge increase in the real cost of a ticket.