Heart of Midlothian 4 Celtic 0

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bursting with pride this evening.

I believe the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

Any more random thoughts welcome, just keep bumping the thread, because the title just looks very very nice.

Oh and 6 games unbeaten. Celtic? 0

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone plays their part and Berra in particular is immense but I'm not half excited by these youngsters.  That first goal was superb and the scorer was 16.

When you consider that 4 of our senior players were unavailable and we are on the threshold of a transfer window things are looking jolly good.

Cochrane’s strike was about as sweet as they come and Lafferty’s was simply beautiful.

Malinkovic showed great awareness for number 3 and his penalty was clinical.

Still ******* buzzing 

:yas:

These youngsters will win us trophies. Absolutely incredible result today considering, and not only that, a 16 year old was completely instrumental in it. 

I share your pride Gio, this was an outstanding performance and I'm so glad I was there to witness it.

I was wavering about going today, recovering from a case of man flu, which all of us men know is a seriously debilitating condition.  But, like our young tigers on the pitch, I decided to man up and head down to Tynie, stopping off for a couple of medicinal beverages on the way.

How glad am I that I didn't wimp out?  This is the sort of result that occurs once in a blue moon.  I'd have been seething if I'd stayed at home and watched it on the telly, knowing that I could have been there in person, soaking up the atmosphere and giving it right up the nice visiting supporters.

11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I share your pride Gio, this was an outstanding performance and I'm so glad I was there to witness it.

I was wavering about going today, recovering from a case of man flu, which all of us men know is a seriously debilitating condition.  But, like our young tigers on the pitch, I decided to man up and head down to Tynie, stopping off for a couple of medicinal beverages on the way.

How glad am I that I didn't wimp out?  This is the sort of result that occurs once in a blue moon.  I'd have been seething if I'd stayed at home and watched it on the telly, knowing that I could have been there in person, soaking up the atmosphere and giving it right up the nice visiting supporters.

I hope you werent mean to our visitors.  Just because they fill up condoms with pish and then throw at their own players doesnt mean that theyre not really nice people

Seeing that scoreline in writing is just bizarre. I’m still pinching myself.

With each goal that went in everyone around me was just looking around in amazement and in total shock. It was surreal.

Brick Tamland

I couldn’t make it today but I’m over the moon my boys did and they saw something I haven’t seen. Fantastic and I’m absolutely delighted for them and for the team I love with a passion 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Locky said:

Seeing that scoreline in writing is just bizarre. I’m still pinching myself.

With each goal that went in everyone around me was just looking around in amazement and in total shock. It was surreal.

Post any shite for weeks to come. Just to see it in writing. Its good for the soul!

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN 4 CELTIC 0

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN 4 CELTIC 0

REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yas::orly?::omfg::Aye::pleasing:

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I believe the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

Any more random thoughts welcome, just keep bumping the thread, because the title just looks very very nice.

We had hunger and we have not seen that for possibly years. Not sure where that came from. Maybe somebody showed them old movies of the 60’s.

I’d love to think it was Levein.....

Did you notice we seemed much fitter??

August Landmesser

What a day, Digger's, match, Diggers, Got home, popped open a bottle of fizz, roasted a chicken, watching Die Hard half-cut still dreaming.

Mental.

Hearts 4 Celtic 0, fecking superb. It doesn’t get much better than this and a great wee mention on bbc by Lineker for stopping the unbeaten run. Gorgie rules.

Bristol jamboree 10

Win next 3 games and we can start looking up.We have to play like that every week.The players have now set a standard.We have to stay like that.

Maintaining the hunger in teams is all Ferguson ever really did. That is simply the key.

As I said I hope this is Levein generating and not some outrageous fluke!

Atmosphere was outstanding today. Players set their stall out early and fans backed them big time. One of my favourite days at Tynecastle of all time

scott herbertson
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

These young ladies have givien a right boost to the team.  A youthful spark that we needed.

Is this the secret of the turnaround in our fortunes?

Can't wait to see the next set of accounts....

larbert_jambo

Birthday yesterday, old man took me to hospitality today. Result we thought wouldve been a side note to the day, regardless the score.

....How wrong were we?!? Unbelievable. A bouncing Tynecastle, a sorry state of Scott Brown and Thumby and putting 4 past these animals to end their record! 

Merry Christmas all Jambos!!! Bring on the Hibees! 

The highlight for me was young McDonald looking for a square go with Boyata despite being half his size.

It was exactly that attitude through the whole squad that led to us wiping them off the park !  :pleasing:

Interesting observation, but when Celtic have lost under Brenda, usually they have been pumped in the process.  Key is to get right on top of them, their defence is murder.

The huddle at the end was tragic.  Andy Walker - “he’ll be telling them this is how it feels to lose”.  I must have missed the regular ragdolling in the Champions League.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

These young ladies have givien a right boost to the team.  A youthful spark that we needed.

Do you mean Ann Budge and Ann Park?

Am I the only one who never really slept last night, felt like it was Christmas already and kept running the goals over and over in my head and eventually got up and watched it again and is now going in early this morning to seek out some obvious targets at work??

Utterly wonderful... I never in a million years thought that we had a performance like that in us.

Cochrane was magnificent, what a player he is going to be in 2 years time and goodness knows how good he'll be after 10!!

Milinkovic was a revelation and definitely looks like he can battle as well.

Praise for Randall too, he is quickly establishing himself as the best RB at the club.

I thought pre-match that it was foolhardy to play Michael Smith at CB given his lack of height... I was wrong, very wrong.

Nobody let the side down and Levein has to be given a phenomenal amount of credit for what he has achieved thus far given he is working with a squad which gives threadbare a bad name.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Still pinching myself, so I took a walk over to Kerrydale Street, and lo and behold, a slightly tardy version of this thread (got our name wrong, Hearts) is on the go.

Not full of Christmas cheer and bonhomie though!!!! Woh no!

Apparently it was the pitch :rofl:

What a shower of foamers

17 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

What a day, Digger's, match, Diggers, Got home, popped open a bottle of fizz, roasted a chicken, watching Die Hard half-cut still dreaming.

Mental.

Proper man day that

13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Though Cochrane, quite rightly is getting the plaudit's watching the highlights MacDonald putting his foot on the ball before supplying Milinkovic for the through ball for the pen was lovely to watch. No fear and taking their time on the ball. Pace and enthusiasm. Great stuff

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The huddle at the end was tragic.  Andy Walker - “he’ll be telling them this is how it feels to lose”.  I must have missed the regular ragdolling in the Champions League.

That was cringey as ****.  You could see Rodgers struggling hard to keep his cool, even applauding his players after the third goal.  I don't buy into this bullshit "first off congratulations to Hearts".  The guy is a grade A arse and watching him blinking away on the bench yesterday trying to think of an excuse to use other than the sheer gulf in finances was pleasing.  

The way the players and the fans reacted at the final whistle was simply embarrassing.  The only thing worse than us ending their run would be Rangers doing it.  The fact that they to a Champions League style humping from us will hurt them like hell.  

1 hour ago, Jessjambo said:

Am I the only one who never really slept last night, felt like it was Christmas already and kept running the goals over and over in my head and eventually got up and watched it again and is now going in early this morning to seek out some obvious targets at work??

I haven't had a decent night sleep or been able to eat for the last  four days. Went down the pub to cheer myself up , had a couple of beers and came home to see the re run of the match on Sky. Stayed up til nearly 4.00.  Dog tired again but the result cheered me up no end.  Make no mistake everyone knows the result of the game yesterday. Amazed at the number of messages I was getting from mates post match and the number of people talking about it in the local last night. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

That was cringey as ****.  You could see Rodgers struggling hard to keep his cool, even applauding his players after the third goal.  I don't buy into this bullshit "first off congratulations to Hearts".  The guy is a grade A arse and watching him blinking away on the bench yesterday trying to think of an excuse to use other than the sheer gulf in finances was pleasing.  

The way the players and the fans reacted at the final whistle was simply embarrassing.  The only thing worse than us ending their run would be Rangers doing it.  The fact that they to a Champions League style humping from us will hurt them like hell.  

Boosting his self image as patron saint of Scottish football 

Aye cheers Hearts!

Missed ma work this morning because of you. Drank far too much last night...

Worth it though :yas:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Surprised how many Aberdeen fans are so happy to congratulate me this morning.

Due them another dry humping sometime soon. How are the Hobbits today?

August Landmesser

I'm hungover, my throat is in bits, my chest hurts from screaming incoherently as Skinny went clean through for Number 3, I've mystery bruises from the backs of the seats and my feet ache from leaping about like a lunatic.

Loving life today though.

:yas:

It... it did really happen didn't it?

13 hours ago, By the light said:

Atmosphere was outstanding today. Players set their stall out early and fans backed them big time. One of my favourite days at Tynecastle of all time

Yip. There's been great ones but not much better than that. Up there among the best. The Poznan was hysterical.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A game to be savoured and tucked away in the memory bank!

No DVD though, that would be small minded. Hopefully stay unbeaten into New Year and start off 2018 with a blast :)

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No DVD though, that would be small minded. Hopefully stay unbeaten into New Year and start off 2018 with a blast :)

Already got the recording on "KEEP"  :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Already got the recording on "KEEP"  :thumbsup:

Made our peace with Mr Levein? Only jesting. Be back to normal on Saturday no doubt! Hopefully not!!

Archived