• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And 8% thought the same for the Lib Dems & the Greens.

Some scary figures there, like 28% didn't know if the SNP were pro or anti Brexit and 3% thought they were pro-brexit & 5% thought the Lib Dems were pro-brexit as well.

Then again we are dealing with the public here, and having dealt with them I can confirm that there is a sizable % that are as thick as two short planks.

Percentages are grand but worth pointing out that 2% means 1.4 million great British voters think that the Brexit party are neither for nor against Brexit, while 16%, 7.5 million, don't know if they're for or against it.

Mental, utterly mental

Captain Sausage
6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Seems some aren't getting their message out to the public too successfully.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D5ZFLPbWkAADCTC.jpg

The utter stupidity of some of our country. How the **** do these people get out of bed in the morning, survive, then go to bed at night. Genuinely escapes me. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

The utter stupidity of some of our country. How the **** do these people get out of bed in the morning, survive, then go to bed at night. Genuinely escapes me. 

Perhaps those levels of stupidity are in fact an underestimate.

I mean the remain vote was the minority but still.

Considering the facts .

Captain Sausage
51 minutes ago, jake said:

Perhaps those levels of stupidity are in fact an underestimate.

I mean the remain vote was the minority but still.

Considering the facts .

Are you comparing voting remain with not knowing if UKIP is pro or anti-Brexit?

Carry on Jake, not even the most bizarre thing you’ve come out with on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Are you comparing voting remain with not knowing if UKIP is pro or anti-Brexit?

Carry on Jake, not even the most bizarre thing you’ve come out with on this thread. 

Yea.

And I apologise to those not knowing

44 minutes ago, IMac said:

What is it?

Same as it was:

Mibbies aye

Mibbies naw

We're no' tellin

:rofl:

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, IMac said:

What is it?

This.

Labour trying to ratchet up their unelectability and succeeding. 

52 minutes ago, Lee_Mellon said:

Stupid boy...

What a catalyst you turned out to be....

Sorry  

Like a stupid schoolboy came into my head 

2 minutes ago, jake said:

What a catalyst you turned out to be....

Sorry  

Like a stupid schoolboy came into my head 

I think the actual line is what a capitalist you turned out to be, but could be wrong!

works either way!

Shanks said no
8 hours ago, Boris said:

I think the actual line is what a capitalist you turned out to be, but could be wrong!

works either way!

What a catalyst you turned out to be
Loaded the guns then you run off home for your tea
Left me standing, like a guilty (naughty) schoolboy

11 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Gavin Williamson's a traitor. :rofl:

What's he done now?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's he done now?

He was telling everyone who'd listen what discussed at national security council meetings. Met police are being encouraged to investigate and criminal proceedings should follow. 

Shanks said no

Swearing on his kids life’s it wasn’t him. Either his political career is dead or his children are.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Swearing on his kids life’s it wasn’t him. Either his political career is dead or his children are.

Going by all the reports, he'll be arranging some funerals, soon. 

niblick1874
On 30/04/2019 at 13:26, Captain Sausage said:

The same could be said about those that believe anything poles tell them about politics. 

Captain Sausage
5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

The same could be said about those that believe anything poles tell them about politics. 

:lol: fair point. But even 1 person not knowing this is 1 person too many. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

The Poles I know are sound.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The Poles I know are sound.

Pity it's the hatred of the Poles that got us here. :sad:

On 02/05/2019 at 16:10, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Pity it's the hatred of the Poles that got us here. :sad:

I have to laugh.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.9843ab042783e6d8730decef139cca63.png

BuT dEmOcRaCy :rolleyes:

What an absurdly rosy view. Why has there in recent years been an ongoing debate in Ireland on the question of whether it is the most corrupt nation in Western Europe, in its politics, business and elsewhere. I don't think it is, but the fact that there is such a debate suggests that Irishmonk may indeed be a monk rather isolated from the real world.

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What an absurdly rosy view. Why has there in recent years been an ongoing debate in Ireland on the question of whether it is the most corrupt nation in Western Europe, in its politics, business and elsewhere. I don't think it is, but the fact that there is such a debate suggests that Irishmonk may indeed be a monk rather isolated from the real world.

Aye but, aye but...

Francis Albert

A poll reported in yesterday's Guardian suggests that Britain is less hostile than the rest of th EU to immigration. Only 37% of Britons feel the costs of immigration outweigh the benefits compared to 50% of Italians, 49% of Swedes, 42% of French, 40% of Germans. Seems inconsistent with  some assumptions about the motives for Brexit.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

A poll reported in yesterday's Guardian suggests that Britain is less hostile than the rest of th EU to immigration. Only 37% of Britons feel the costs of immigration outweigh the benefits compared to 50% of Italians, 49% of Swedes, 42% of French, 40% of Germans. Seems inconsistent with  some assumptions about the motives for Brexit.

Or Europes are more honest. As the saying goes, Not all leave voters are racist (Disputed), but all racists are leave voters.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

579744D5-0315-45E0-A730-C9537D2F9638.jpeg

Pretty much sums it up. People never voted for you because they want you to f@#& off and let someone else sort out your mess! 

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

579744D5-0315-45E0-A730-C9537D2F9638.jpeg

Why is your battery yellow at 95%?

Sausage with the real hard hitting questions ?

A Boy Named Crow
On 30/04/2019 at 21:53, Cade said:

How has 5% of folk thought that UKIP are pro-Europe and 3% thought that the Brexit party is pro-EU?

:vrface:

People are thick as

This is why I genuinely believe democracy (in the sense that everyone gets an equal vote)  is a bad idea. The fact that people are utterly clueless should preclude them from having any say in the running of the country - they just end up inadvertently harming themselves and others!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

34 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

This is why I genuinely believe democracy (in the sense that everyone gets an equal vote)  is a bad idea. The fact that people are utterly clueless should preclude them from having any say in the running of the country - they just end up inadvertently harming themselves and others!

I'm not sure that legally depriving folk of the right to vote is a good idea though.

Perhaps TV stations could run wall-to-wall special exclusive episodes of Coronation Street and Keeping Up with the Kardashians on polling day so as to entice the clueless to stay at home rather than vote?

Jambo-Jimbo
39 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Well that's the politicians taken care of.   :mw_rolleyes:

A Boy Named Crow
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not sure that legally depriving folk of the right to vote is a good idea though.

Perhaps TV stations could run wall-to-wall special exclusive episodes of Coronation Street and Keeping Up with the Kardashians on polling day so as to entice the clueless to stay at home rather than vote?

The notion of having the right to vote though, it’s all wrapped up in the love of democracy.   Surely voting should be a privilege, not just a free for all.

Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

The notion of having the right to vote though, it’s all wrapped up in the love of democracy.   Surely voting should be a privilege, not just a free for all.

Ok. How would you determine who was allowed to vote?

Seymour M Hersh
On 01/05/2019 at 18:09, Barack said:

Just seen it.  He's signed the Official Secret's Act, ffs. :facepalm:

He should be prosecuted. What a cock!

If it was him and there is still a massive doubt over that what was leaked was not classified information. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It's so fabulous they buckled to EU pressure and had a 2nd referendum on the euro I think. Aye mate, fantastic system over there. 

A Boy Named Crow
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ok. How would you determine who was allowed to vote?

John Stewart Mill’s  Plural Voting comes unstuck in the same way...doesn’t mean letting ignorance hold the country back is a good idea though.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well that's the politicians taken care of.   :mw_rolleyes:

:thumbs_up:

37 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

John Stewart Mill’s  Plural Voting comes unstuck in the same way...doesn’t mean letting ignorance hold the country back is a good idea though.

Some people have very high opinion of themselves.

What gives you the right, where others lose.

A Boy Named Crow
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some people have very high opinion of themselves.

What gives you the right, where others lose.

In the specific instance  here, we’re talking about people who don’t know UKIP are anti-EU, so it’s fairly easy to just ask a couple of key questions on the way into the polling station,  then tear up their polling card. In a broader sense though, aye you’re right, it’s a nightmare to manage fairly.

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Why is your battery yellow at 95%?

Sausage with the real hard hitting questions ?

I put the my phone on battery saving mode.

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

In the specific instance  here, we’re talking about people who don’t know UKIP are anti-EU, so it’s fairly easy to just ask a couple of key questions on the way into the polling station,  then tear up their polling card. In a broader sense though, aye you’re right, it’s a nightmare to manage fairly.

Aye, ok. Let's give the Tories even more of an uneven playing field. Only the upper class of privately educated scumbags get to vote, while the UK government educates the working class into stupidity. Hold on...

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Or Europes are more honest. As the saying goes, Not all leave voters are racist (Disputed), but all racists are leave voters.

So Brexit voters (and by extension "Brits") aren't just  thick racists. They are thick lying racists.

I know in your definition "Brits" excludes Scots but if all Leave voters really are racist there are at least a million racists in Scotland. A lot for such a welcoming lovable wee country.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

So Brexit voters (and by extension "Brits") aren't just  thick racists. They are thick lying racists.

I know in your definition "Brits" excludes Scots but if all Leave voters really are racist there are at least a million racists in Scotland. A lot for such a welcoming lovable wee country.

About a million non Scots live in Scotland.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )