Line of Duty

aussieh

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'm going to watch the first two series of this because I'm obviously missing something. Poor acting and a storyline full of holes and implausibility.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Peebo

• aussieh

• Dawnrazor

Top stuff, enjoyed it immensely. Hastings is the ultimate baddy "H" a few clues tonight or red herrings?

vegas-voss

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

That kind of thing,mate? :)

Yeah maybe

Great watch - pity second series will be quite a while

Fifth even. Get your point though. Apparently commissioned, but the writer hasn't started yet.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Fifth even. Get your point though. Apparently commissioned, but the writer hasn't started yet.

A sixth season has also been hinted at.

Put it this way, I'll be shocked if it's Hargreaves.

It's too obvious. Plus he follows the law to the letter, fella. TO THE LETTER. Also handy with a gun.

William H. Bonney

It's too obvious. Plus he follows the law to the letter, fella. TO THE LETTER. Also handy with a gun.

Do you mean Hastings? Can't remember hargreaves firing a gun.

Chester™

A sixth season has also been hinted at.

Mercurio has stated thats he's writing the fifth series as the last, though that can always change if the BBC want it to.

Do you mean Hastings? Can't remember hargreaves firing a gun.

I meant Ted. Hargreaves is a slimy git.

William H. Bonney

I meant Ted. Hargreaves is a slimy git.

Yes he is. Which would make him the perfect candidate to be 'H'.

The White Cockade

anybody got any idea why Tim Ifield had the balaclava man outfit and was going to dismember Roz Huntley

and also why the pregnant WPC was supplying info to Higgins?

If it was explained must have missed it

anybody got any idea why Tim Ifield had the balaclava man outfit and was going to dismember Roz Huntley

and also why the pregnant WPC was supplying info to Higgins?

If it was explained must have missed it

Presumably Maneet had been pressured into being a mole in the squad.

Ifield planning to dismember Huntley was pretty central to the series' plot... He thought he'd killed her by accident. When buying the stuff, he wore the balaclava so he didn't appear on the security camera, I assume. Perhaps also to set a new trail on "balaclava man".

Dawnrazor

Presumably Maneet had been pressured into being a mole in the squad.

Ifield planning to dismember Huntley was pretty central to the series' plot... He thought he'd killed her by accident. When buying the stuff, he wore the balaclava so he didn't appear on the security camera, I assume. Perhaps also to set a new trail on "balaclava man".

He didn't wear the balaclava when he was in the DIY store? I thought he had his baseball cap pulled down?

He didn't wear the balaclava when he was in the DIY store? I thought he had his baseball cap pulled down?

I thought he wore it when he walked in?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Mercurio has stated thats he's writing the fifth series as the last, though that can always change if the BBC want it to.

Other way around is what I have seen. Mercurio wants Season Six, but will wrap it all up in Season Five (in 2019) if BBC does not want six.

Dawnrazor

I thought he wore it when he walked in?

I thought he took it off to put his hat on, it would be a bit strange to go to checkout with a black ski mask on.

I thought he took it off to put his hat on, it would be a bit strange to go to checkout with a black ski mask on.

Yeah, he had the hat on in the security footage from inside. Pretty sure he had the balaclava on as he walked in.

The White Cockade

ok obviously missed something then

Why did he buy the saw, balaclava etc?

He had no idea Huntley was coming to see him or would be killed

Also if he killed her accidentally why would he dismember her?

Was he actually part of the conspiracy / one of the killers then as if not it doesn't make sense

Dawnrazor

Was he actually part of the conspiracy / one of the killers then as if not it doesn't make sense

I do t know?!

Watch it again, mate. He went to the DIY shop when she was lying unconscious in his flat - he thought she was dead. He wanted to dispose of her body without trace.

Chester™

Other way around is what I have seen. Mercurio wants Season Six, but will wrap it all up in Season Five (in 2019) if BBC does not want six.

Interesting. Interview I read with him, he said the opposite. Suppose he wont know himself until the Beeb say one way or the other. Though if his stance has changed, maybe he's been given some indication already?

In many respects, I hope it doesnt go on for longer than it should. Keeping the standard as high, is some effort.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The whole plot was fecking nonsense tbh

vegas-voss

The whole plot was fecking nonsense tbh

Agreed from the middle of last season it all started going bonkers

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Agreed from the middle of last season it all started going bonkers

As an example, it was as never explained why Ros Huntley was so resistant to Highfield telling her that the evidence against Michael Farmer might be dodgy. That just faded into the ether, despite being the absolute crux of the story.

Also, "er, aye, there's some guys out there who are bribing the police at the top level." To which everyone went "oh, right" *roll credits*

The people who make have obviously let the praise go to their heads.

As an example, it was as never explained why Ros Huntley was so resistant to Highfield telling her that the evidence against Michael Farmer might be dodgy. That just faded into the ether, despite being the absolute crux of the story.

Also, "er, aye, there's some guys out there who are bribing the police at the top level." To which everyone went "oh, right" *roll credits*

The people who make have obviously let the praise go to their heads.

Think the corruption from the top down has been in every season since one so shouldn't have been a surprise.

I did smirk every time someone started trying to arrest another. Reminded me of the peep show when they're all trying to section each other.

Jamhammer

He didn't buy the gear till after he "killed" her. Wore his balaclava on the outside of the store and hat once he went in. Why he had a balaclava I dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jamhammer

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Think the corruption from the top down has been in every season since one so shouldn't have been a surprise.

I did smirk every time someone started trying to arrest another. Reminded me of the peep show when they're all trying to section each other.

yeah, but it was a bit like when Hitler gets machine-gunned in Inglorious *******s. A ten-second flash and then everyone moves on.

On the other point, why was Roz Huntley so obsessed with framing Michael Farmer? Completely unexplained.

Samuel Camazzola

yeah, but it was a bit like when Hitler gets machine-gunned in Inglorious *******s. A ten-second flash and then everyone moves on.

On the other point, why was Roz Huntley so obsessed with framing Michael Farmer? Completely unexplained.

I could only think of the pressure being applied by Hilton to capture someone. Wasn't explained as you say.

Completely unexplained? She was pressurised by Hilton, and was desperate to please him to advance her career. The framing was going pretty well until she was suddenly in too deep to backtrack.

Chester™

Completely unexplained? She was pressurised by Hilton, and was desperate to please him to advance her career. The framing was going pretty well until she was suddenly in too deep to backtrack.

And also that after being fast tracked (again) upon returning back to duty, she was under to pressure to close the case, especially after going on for that many months.

I honestly thought all that was pretty obvious tbh.

I really enjoyed the first few series but stopped watching this one about halfway through episode four - it was getting ridiculous.

H1B5 Owner

He didn't buy the gear till after he "killed" her. Wore his balaclava on the outside of the store and hat once he went in. Why he had a balaclava I dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory on the situation:

Bought the stuff simply in reaction to apparently killing Huntley. As a quick solution ran with the balaclava entrance for misdirection, obvs had to switch to cap in store.

Also:

Ifield's DNA turned up on Leonie Collersdale's dismembered body (the one with signs of deep freeze).

No explanation, but would point possibly to him being blackmailed (as Gates in S1) to be a mole/fixer in forensics.

Would fit I think, in that the body turns up before he's discovered, hence the blackmailers thinking he's not playing ball any more.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sharky999

Most of the persons who were turned or being blackmailed by the Chief super were of ethnic background, possibly intimating that they were easy to persuade to bend the rules to get on in their career or they wouldn't have a career.

Could have been a thinly veiled dig at real life racism  and lack of career progression within the Met.

Agree with the forensics boy being blackmailed by A N other.

I think the ted Hasting angle is a funny one, it points to him being The Man in charge, or he is absolutely Squeaky clean, I'm sure the script writer doesn't know yet.

John Findlay

It is what it is. Good drama. It keeps people guessing. Which is what it is all about.

Craig Gordons Gloves

My take on the Tim Ifield story is that he thought he'd killed Huntley so intended to dispose of her body in the same way that the others had been found - dismembered so that the blame would be placed on balaclava man - hence why he wore the balaclava.  His DNA being found on Leonie Collersale was after Huntley had pressured Rupal (sp) to take another look at the second amount of her remains - DNA which Huntley had put there after the initial tests in an effort to discredit him and try and create a link to Farmer. 

Next series will lead us all to believe that Hastings is the mysterious H and it will only be in the final episode that we'll discover it was someone else all along with Steve and Kate being the ones to prove his innocence. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

BBC today confirmed:

TWO MORE SERIES

You read it here first, of course :)

Chester™

BBC today confirmed:

TWO MORE SERIES

In case of confusion, thats a sixth added to go with the already commissioned fifth, rather than an extra two onto what was planned. [emoji106]

In case of confusion, thats a sixth added to go with the already commissioned fifth, rather than an extra two onto what was planned. [emoji106]

Get Luther involved in the investigation of the corrupt.

Angry Haggis

Have really enjoyed the series until the ending of this one, just all got a bit silly for me.

Will continue to watch when the next one comes around.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

BBC today confirmed:

TWO MORE SERIES

:facepalm:

vegas-voss

Have really enjoyed the series until the ending of this one, just all got a bit silly for me.

You didn't think the ending of the last series was silly!

It was like an 80's action movie

Edited by vegas-voss

John Gentleman

I really enjoyed the first few series but stopped watching this one about halfway through episode four - it was getting ridiculous.

I agree, though I still watched it to the end, even though by episode 4 the storyline/plot had more holes in it than a string vest.

By far the most disappointing of all four series.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the last episode of the last series was an hour and a half long but this time they crammed too much into the last 20 mins.

Would have been better if like last series it was over an hour long

• 1 year later...