Anyone know where I can find a match report from u17s game with Hibs last Sunday?

jayjay

Title should say u17s game if admin can fix please.

See thread "Academy players - any progressing to first team squad"

Some info on game from 5 March.

Footballfirst

It's an odd situation where the SFA effectively impose a ban on reporting results or publishing league tables for the U17s.

I've seen odd reports on individual games that people have attended, but nothing on a regular basis.  However, one club that does ignore the SFA guidelines is Ayr United,  They both provide match reports and a league table.

http://www.aufa.org.uk/17s-league-2016-2017/

For the record It was Hearts 2-2 Hibs.   Hearts were leading 2-0 at half time with both goals from Euan Henderson.  The first came from a free kick 25 yards out after Euan himself was fouled by one of the Hibs centre backs. It was a marginal decision whether or not a red card would be shown but the ref opted for yellow.  Euan struck the ball into the top right corner.  His second goal came from a crossfield pass to Euan on the left.  He cut inside and curled a right foot shot from 18 yards in off the right hand post.  Hearts were coasting at that time.

Hibs got a goal back around the hour mark when Yrik Gallantes crossed from the right for the Hins centre forward to head into the net from around 8 yards.  Hearts continued to have the best of the play, but there was sting in the tail when Hibs got a free kick 35 yards out 3 minutes into stoppage time.  Everybody went forward as the ball was lumped into the box.  The Hearts keeper came for it but didn't get near it. The ball then bobbled around the goal area before being forced over the line.

Hearts starting line-up was as best as I know it was:  Keeper? / Logan, K Smith, Young, Sandison / C Henderson, Ritchie, Hamilton C Smith E Henderson / Leonard.  The formation changed throughout the game with Hamilton going back to right back, Logan playing right midfield and Leonard dropping back into central midfield. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Where can I find the fixtures for the youths games? I would like to start going to watch a few

Probably all hush hush as well. No wanting the poor wee lambs feeling any pressure, least of all publish results where they get beat. PY system to a tee.

Footballfirst

Where can I find the fixtures for the youths games? I would like to start going to watch a few

As ever, Hearts publicised coverage of their own youth academy activities is among the poorest in the league. I obtained a copy of the fixtures from Dundee Utd's website. 

http://dufc.co/assets/uploads/2014/08/CASGP1-2nd-Half-28Club29-1.pdf

Hearts home fixtures at the academy normally kick off at 11am on Saturdays for the U11s / U12s and at 11am on alternate Sundays for either the U13s / U14s or U15s / U17s.  Depending on the availability of pitches or weather conditions, matches may on occasions be played back to back rather than simultaneously.

Be aware that matches can and do get rearranged at short notice and such changes are only communicated to the players (and their families).

Hearts V Hibs under 15's tonight at Riccarton 3G - 6.45pm KO

As ever, Hearts publicised coverage of their own youth academy activities is among the poorest in the league. I obtained a copy of the fixtures from Dundee Utd's website.

http://dufc.co/assets/uploads/2014/08/CASGP1-2nd-Half-28Club29-1.pdf

Hearts home fixtures at the academy normally kick off at 11am on Saturdays for the U11s / U12s and at 11am on alternate Sundays for either the U13s / U14s or U15s / U17s. Depending on the availability of pitches or weather conditions, matches may on occasions be played back to back rather than simultaneously.

Be aware that matches can and do get rearranged at short notice and such changes are only communicated to the players (and their families).

Cheers mate

Hearts V Hibs under 15's tonight at Riccarton 3G - 6.45pm KO

Cheers. hopefully head up the night

Footballfirst

Hearts V Hibs under 15's tonight at Riccarton 3G - 6.45pm KO

Hearts 2-0 up at half time, and good value for the lead. Let's see if they can see it through this time.

Footballfirst

The U15s have always had the potential to play some good stuff.  Most of them have been together since U11s and several of them attend the Performance School at Broughton. They were, for a while, viewed as the age group to watch in the future.  Unfortunately a few of them haven't grown much over the last four years, but the newer recruits have added some strength to the side.

A couple of the lads who played tonight also started for the U17s on Sunday.  It will be interesting to see how many of the U15s are retained for next season to play at U17 alongside the current crop of U16s for whom we already hold out a lot of hope.

Archived