Inaccuracies in TV and Films?

Dawnrazor

Explosions in space that you can hear.

I'll admit to being a geeky *******, who loves Sci Fi, especially Star Trek, but the point you've made doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's done so that the scene is more engaging for the audience. Watching half of a film in complete silence doesn't appeal much to me!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Lawyer or courtroom dramas are always extremely inaccurate and the behaviour of fictional lawyers on shows like Silk or Suits would get them struck off in the real world

But hey ho in reality if you filmed our daily lives it wouldnt make much for TV so artistic liberties have to be taken I suppose

Films and TV shows that think that changing gear in a manual gearbox car during a car chase works like some sort of fecking rocket boost.

I P Knightley

Car/truck/ hike chases often but me. Some clapped out rust bucket American bed on wheels will keep a pace with a 500bhp four wheel drive supercar or a high powered motorbike serious not be able to outrun a big old pickup truck.

Forensic pathologists getting caught up in the arrest of a suspect (Silent Witness), or forensic crime of scene examiners getting caught up in same (CSI). These guys are never field operatives, total shite.

Forensic pathologists getting caught up in the arrest of a suspect (Silent Witness), or forensic crime of scene examiners getting caught up in same (CSI). These guys are never field operatives, total shite.

This is the sort of thing I meant.

Sawdust Caesar

I hate, absolutely ******* hate when they fake phone calls on TV shows. We all know how mobile phones work - the screen is on when you dial the number, turns off when you hold it near your ear, and comes back on when you remove it from your ear. So why, why, why do shows continue to insist on having phonecalls where the screen is either always on, or always off having a fake phone call? Every single man, woman, child and their dogs have mobile phones so why not just set up a call between 2 people on the set for realism? It does my box in because it's every single time.

Also, I hate when cups or boxes or things are quite obviously empty. If you're in a scene where you're pretending to drink a takeaway coffee, why don't they just fill the cup with water, just to give it some weight and then the actor can actually take a drink instead of pretending?

I hate when someone calls someone and they always answer immediately, everybody they phone must have their phone in their hand when it rings.

I'm the same about people eating in films/shows, Big Bang Theory is bad for having the actors just move the food around on their plate with the fork, nobody takes a bite.

I'll admit to being a geeky *******, who loves Sci Fi, especially Star Trek, but the point you've made doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's done so that the scene is more engaging for the audience. Watching half of a film in complete silence doesn't appeal much to me!

Yeah, fair point. Star Wars would be pretty shit without the sound effects during space battles etc.

Lawyer or courtroom dramas are always extremely inaccurate and the behaviour of fictional lawyers on shows like Silk or Suits would get them struck off in the real world

But hey ho in reality if you filmed our daily lives it wouldnt make much for TV so artistic liberties have to be taken I suppose

In legal dramas I'm always amazed at how quickly they get assigned a hearing date at court. A client can turn up at the law firm wanting to sue someone and they're in court the next day.

In NCIS Gibbs drinks coffee all the time but you can tell there is no coffee in the take away cups.

Films when the US Army save the day, even if the battle was a couple of years before they actually joined the war.

Horror films, I hate Horror films, when they go to the basement or the attic and everyone know that is where the baddies are.

Seymour M Hersh

The makers  of ''In The Name Of My Father''  took liberty's

Braveheart as well

Most of the time its all about selling the film not the truth as the powers that be ken better

Everything in that horrendous film was pish and inaccurate.

The Real Maroonblood

It is ridiculous.

I blame Quincy.

Scottish people living in Edinburgh, aye good one.

And still my internal debate goes on.

Is aussieh a really clumsy WUM? Or is he genuinely a complete moron?

A complete moron, who ends up being a WUM, because he's a complete moron.

Seymour M Hersh

I'd suggest a complete moron who thinks he's a clever WUM.

1960s war films where the Germans drive about in American tanks and half tracks. I like pointing out inaccuracies to my wife. It gets right up her nose.

Ze Jeermanz used lots of equipment that was common with the Allies.

Google this 

How the Allied multinationals supplied Nazi Germany throughout World War II

Poor ***** like us have to go and fight to the death while the rich get richer.

With sympathies to his hometown team of Cowdenbeath. The rabid Hibs fan is Siobhan, who, in the TV show is almost made to be a bit ditzy. She's absolute opposite in the books.

There were that many inaccuracies with the Ken Stott ones, I stopped watching them.

John Hannah was the biggest inaccuracy. 

John Hannah was the biggest inaccuracy.

Indeed though his ones stuck to the books far better.

One of the worst casting decisions ever. Ken Stott however is perfect.

I don't like him. I realise that may be controversial round these parts though.

Agreed

Hmmm....

Ken Stott was better but reading the books Rebus was bigger, stockier, more of a scrapper.....he was ex Army.

Ken Stott didn't reflect that....but I did like him.

One of the worst casting decisions ever. Ken Stott however is perfect.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, but Hannah as Rebus was worse  :uhoh2:

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, but Hannah as Rebus was worse :uhoh2:

I don't like Tom Cruise and I love the Reacher books so I won't even watch the film.

I don't like Tom Cruise and I love the Reacher books so I won't even watch the film.

I watched the first film when it came out and I enjoyed it. Since then I've started reading the books. I won't watch the second film now.

Why they have Tom Cruise playing a character who's 6 foot 4 tall and almost 20 stone of solid muscle with blond hair I don't know. It sort of ruins the character.

Archived