Weight bench with bar and weights.

AlimOzturk

Looking to purchase one for the house. Due to circumstances I am unable to get to the gym so having at home would be ideal.

Anyone bought anything like this? Not sure what I should be looking for tbh

Would also help if I posted this in the shed. Mods???

Thanks

I've had a couple. The only advice i would give is, don't just buy the cheapest one. They are fairly cheap anyway so get one that isn't completely at the bottom of the price range. Also, Get one that looks thick and sturdy and i wouldn't bother with the extensions you get with some such as a pull down bar hing. I never bothered to use it. Also, you may want to buy the rubber floor matts to protect your floor.

Buy heavier metal weights as well instead of those crappy plastic ones with sand in them. You need about 4 plastic ones for the same weight as 2 metal ones.

What sort of budget do you have and how are you for space?

Highly recommend keeping an eye on gumtree as every so often people are punting some really good quality benches and weights silly cheap. Don't think a lot of people know what they are selling at times.

What sort of budget do you have and how are you for space?

Highly recommend keeping an eye on gumtree as every so often people are punting some really good quality benches and weights silly cheap. Don't think a lot of people know what they are selling at times.

Live in a flat. Have had to convince the wife as I already own a running machine :laugh:

Dunno really what kind of budget. Got a bit of savings might hold Off until January sales.

2-3 hundred pound mark I was hoping for but could easily stretch that tbh

Wouldn't recommend using a bar unless you've got someone to keep an eye on you. Dumbbells should be fine for most exercises anyway.

Live in a flat. Have had to convince the wife as I already own a running machine :laugh:

Dunno really what kind of budget. Got a bit of savings might hold Off until January sales.

2-3 hundred pound mark I was hoping for but could easily stretch that tbh

Space may be your biggest issue then lol. For way less than ?300 you could pick up a power rack which would allow you to squat, deadlift and OHP at home too. Could maybe puts drapes over it and hang clothes to double it up as a wardrobe hahaha.

Will depend how much weight your likely to be using on it too. Some cheaper benches are pretty flimsy

For a basic set up something like this would do you fine http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272383488901

I would only go down this route if you really cannot get access to a gym. Like RS says there a lot of cheap flimsy ones out there which are a waste of time IMO.

Personally I think if you are going to do it get a proper rack with a decent 7" Olympic Barbell, it will set out back a good few hundred ? including the weights but worth the investment if you are really going to use it.

The well made ones last years and years so it is really a one-off purchase

Wouldn't recommend using a bar unless you've got someone to keep an eye on you. Dumbbells should be fine for most exercises anyway.

Bars are fine as long as you start off with light weights and get your body used to lifting it. Common sense will rule after that. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

No. That looks bottom of the line crap and he's got it on a wooden floor with no matts so he's obviously a bit of an idiot.

You don't need an Olympic weight bench if you're just starting out and as I said before, don't get the cheapest one available. You can get a decent York one for not much more than ?100.

No. That looks bottom of the line crap and he's got it on a wooden floor with no matts so he's obviously a bit of an idiot.

You don't need an Olympic weight bench if you're just starting out and as I said before, don't get the cheapest one available. You can get a decent York one for not much more than ?100.

:muggy:

Might just make time for the gym. Been successful in getting fairly fit via running and home work outs but feel i have reached as much as i can doing this.

Feel a bit inferior going to the gym tbh which is half my problem. Was hoping to build myself up a bit before commiting to a gym.

:muggy:

Might just make time for the gym. Been successful in getting fairly fit via running and home work outs but feel i have reached as much as i can doing this.

Feel a bit inferior going to the gym tbh which is half my problem. Was hoping to build myself up a bit before commiting to a gym.

If you can make it to a gym mate, it is by far the better option. Where do you live? No decent gyms in the area?

Feck the Gym. You've got to share it with other people. Not only that but you've got to pay to share it with other people and then you've got to travel there and then travel home!

If you've got the space, do it at home for sure. Maybe just use the livingroom mate. haha.

Only reason I don't have my bench anymore is because I had kids and they stole my man room :(

Archived