There comes a time when you have to just admit...

loveofthegame

loveofthegame

we're just not good enough. In fact we're pish. Simple as that. There's been so much, 'oh hes a good player' 'oh dont blame him' 'oh he didnt deserve stick/a 4' etc etc etc

Our league position doesnt lie. Neither do most of our results over the course of the season. Neither does our complete inability to recover from going a goal down or hold onto leads we take. Our exit from the Scottish is just more proof

I've at times tried to defend some players, as have many others. But i really feel now that its all their is to say.

Complete and utter overhaul required. Anyone, and i mean anyone, leaving outwith Larry and Ruben would not overly disappoint me. Sums it all up.

Call me a pessimist but you'd be wrong- try realist on for size

Nelly Terraces

We have the worst squad of players we have had in over 30 years at this club. That is the simple fact. Absolutely gash in nearly every position. End of.

I admitted it a long time ago.

We were just as bad last season but were fluking these sort of games 1-0 instead of losing them 1-0.

People say that don't mind Vlad being involved in signings, we get 4 huddies for every decent player FFS.

His only good signings have been Larry, Ruben & Tall.

I agree.

You can't fault their effort in the last few games, but you can fault their fitness, judgement and skill.

We have too many bad football players.

Not the worst squad in 30 thirty years Nelly, surely far from it...

However, is there are team in that squad?....no, not at the moment.

The table does not lie..yes decisions go against you but they really do even out (give or take over the year)...

We are 10th in the SPL because we are badly organised and demotivated.

We are out of the Scottish Cup because we didn't have the ability to see out a 2-0 lead at home...

Just not good enough.

Nelly Terraces
Not the worst squad in 30 thirty years Nelly, surely far from it...However, is there are team in that squad?....no, not at the moment.

The table does not lie..yes decisions go against you but they really do even out (give or take over the year)...

We are 10th in the SPL because we are badly organised and demotivated.

We are out of the Scottish Cup because we didn't have the ability to see out a 2-0 lead at home...

Just not good enough.

The league and results don't lie. They are god awful. Worst in 30 years - not even open to question. YES.

The league and results don't lie. They are god awful. Worst in 30 years - not even open to question. YES.

We have been relegated twice in the last 30 years...very much open to question surely?

loveofthegame
We have been relegated twice in the last 30 years...very much open to question surely?

Whilst i am not backing up or defending NT's post(im only 20, ST holder since aged 6 but dont remember much except last 9-10 years) you have to take into account how horrendous the standard in the SPL is this year.

We are incredibly lucky there is a Gretna this season.

30 years is maybe a bit steep, although i dont have the age behind me to really question it

Whilst i am not backing up or defending NT's post(im only 20, ST holder since aged 6 but dont remember much except last 9-10 years) you have to take into account how horrendous the standard in the SPL is this year.

We are incredibly lucky there is a Gretna this season.

30 years is maybe a bit steep, although i dont have the age behind me to really question it

Yes, but you can only play the teams put in front of you. Right now the stats say that Kilmarnock and Gretna are worse than us. I usually attack the "worst since" arguments, not just this one. I just don't know how you can judge it apart from personal opinion. Just take a look at JKB each week to see how wide a range of personal opinion the Hearts support really has. The only thing you have (unless there is a time machine to bring the two squads together to have a play off) is to go on stats and right now the stats for the current crop are bad. But not the worst in 30 years....

1 win in the last 14 league games.

Let me just type that again...

1 win the last 14 league games.

Un-****ing-be-liev-able !

loveofthegame
Yes, but you can only play the teams put in front of you. Right now the stats say that Kilmarnock and Gretna are worse than us. I usually attack the "worst since" arguments, not just this one. I just don't know how you can judge it apart from personal opinion. Just take a look at JKB each week to see how wide a range of personal opinion the Hearts support really has. The only thing you have (unless there is a time machine to bring the two squads together to have a play off) is to go on stats and right now the stats for the current crop are bad. But not the worst in 30 years....

I generally agree with you mate and the thread wasnt set up to say 'is this our worst team since bla', i just think that whilst you can only play what you're up against we're not exactly doing that very well.

Im struggling to think of many seasons where there has been a team as bad as this Gretna one. Without Gretna i dont think anyone can deny how much trouble we'd be in.

If this is good for us long term in that Vlad changes his ways then great. However i dont see it happening

1 win in the last 14 league games.

Let me just type that again...

1 win the last 14 league games.

Un-****ing-be-liev-able !

What league would that be in then?

Not good enough. In fact a long way from being even anywhere remotely good enough.

As for the "worst team" debate - am I not right in thinking that factually, our recent run of results / losses HAS been the worst in 30 odd years, i'm sure I heard that mentioned recently but I apologise if thats nonsense....

I'm 26. Whether we've been relegated before or not is irrelevant. This is THE worst side I can remember watching.

I think we have the most over paid prima donnas in world football.

I'd have them cleaning the bogs in Tynecastle from now until the end of the season. Slackers.

I know you're hurting but stop talking pesh.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think we have the most over paid prima donnas in world football.

I'd have them cleaning the bogs in Tynecastle from now until the end of the season. Slackers.

Not often I agree with you, but I agree with that.

I'd have Frail helping them too. Seems it's all he is good for.

We are pish at the moment - no question.

If we employ a real manager and add quality to the squad then things will get better.

Unfortunately, it will be nigh on impossible to repeat what happened in 2005/2006 because Romanov was too stupid / arrogant to realise two things:

- In Webster, Pressley, Gordon and Hartley we had a core of players with spirit around which a team could be built by adding a few new faces (Bednar, Skacel, Fysass, Jankauskas)

- Overcoming the OF is incredibly difficult. He thought Burley was dispensible - he wasn't.

It is going to be tough to get back to where we were under Craig Levein.

Not often I agree with you, but I agree with that.

I'd have Frail helping them too. Seems it's all he is good for.

This isn't Frail's fault. He might not have the experience we're looking for in terms of a management appointment but he's working his socks off to try and remedy the situation. It would be so easy to point the finger at him...pick on his tactics, substitutions, perceived lack of influence in the dressing room etc...but I can't and won't blame him for any of this.

Guest JamboRobbo
This isn't Frail's fault. He might not have the experience we're looking for in terms of a management appointment but he's working his socks off to try and remedy the situation. It would be so easy to point the finger at him...pick on his tactics, substitutions, perceived lack of influence in the dressing room etc...but I can't and won't blame him for any of this.

Agree the position we are in is not Frails fault. But, regardless who's fault it is, we need someone in who can get us out of this position. Frail is clearly not that man.

He comes accross as a nice guy. I'm sure he does his best. But it was clear last night he doesn't really have a clue what he's doing.

chester copperpot

The worrying thing is that we still have the 3rd highest wage budget in the SPL, so in terms of money being laid out on players, I'd say this squad was least value for money, if that makes sense.

I tried to convince myself that we have the players, just not the coach, however I think there's a deeper rooted problem than that, and we may just be in some deep doo doo.

I admitted it a long time ago.

We were just as bad last season but were fluking these sort of games 1-0 instead of losing them 1-0.

Exactly. That was because we had Craig Gordon to pull us out the sh*te.. Now we're being exposed for what we really are, a bottom 6 side who's main tactic is to hoof the ball into the sky and look for the 2nd balls.

The reality is there is absolutely no difference in class anymore between sides like Motherwell and Hearts apart from the fact the Hearts squad cost about 100 x more and is a lot less organised.

chester copperpot
The reality is there is absolutely no difference in class anymore between sides like Motherwell and Hearts apart from the fact the Hearts squad cost about 100 x more and is a lot less organised.

Think you're being a bit harsh on some of the motherwell players with that comment.

Agree the position we are in is not Frails fault. But, regardless who's fault it is, we need someone in who can get us out of this position. Frail is clearly not that man.

He comes accross as a nice guy. I'm sure he does his best. But it was clear last night he doesn't really have a clue what he's doing.

I dotn think there is anyone who would disagree that he needs some help.

But you cant really blame a person who isnt capable of doing the job he is being asked to do by his boss, when he gets it wrong.

The guy is doing the best he can, it just isnt good enough.

The guy has been given the job of his dreams, through circumstance, not choice, and he loves the club, so he doesnt want to walk away if he is in the position of being able to help.

No blame should be placed at Frails door.

All the blame is on his employers for not doing THEIR job of getting him the help he needs, whether that be in the form of a manager for Frail to work under etc.

Having a pop at him, will do no good other than to alienate him from the club and the fans. He is doing what he can, its not his fault its not good enough.

We truly need a manager more than ever, we also need players, but the managers position is vital.

My worry is the amount of 'backing' Frail' has from players, suggesting we are being lined up for him getting the job. This would be a mistake of monumental proportions i think, as many fans would have had enough at this.

I know we are supposedly looking at managers, and had some talks etc. But we need to put someone in place ASAP. Any of the managers we have spoken to would do a better job than what we currently have going on, so I dont care if they give it to the next one that comes along. It would be a step in the right direction.

Our season is over.

Lets face it.

We wont beat Rangers in the CIS so are out of both cups and the league is a damage limitation excercise only made easier that Hibs cant lord thier lofty position over us.

We need to think to next season ( I cant believe I just said that, i also recall saying similar last season) but I did. I did because Im a Hearts fan and Im not prepared to walk away just yet......yet. And the truth is, this season is a failure, but to galvanise and turn things around for next season, we need to first save this season from an embarrassing bottom half finish. To do that we need someone at the helm to take control, to organise and to adapt.

We do have talent, but talent that is not being played to any sort of potential. We also need more talent, but talent that is not utilsied is squandered, and that is something we need to stop.

We are haemoraging results, and morale, and talent right now. If we can stop that, we will soon see an upturn in performance.

The best way to do that, is to get a manager in place who knows what he is talking about. Not to lynch the one we have.

No he's not, and I doubt he'd ever claim that he is either. I've only ever seen him mention his lack of experience when asked about the manager's role and I reckon he'd much prefer an assistant's position, out of the line of fire...where he can continue to learn. He's been thrust into the spotlight by all of this management committee nonsense and credit where it's due, he's handled it fairly well. He does seem to be a nice guy, yes...even the most harsh of pundits and journalists only ever have good things to say about him (even Jim Traynor likes him) but more importantly, I think he has real integrity. I don't like the word very much...it sounds a bit 'motivational speaker'...but anyway...I have respect for him because of it. And most of all, because he clearly loves the club and wants the best for it.

I don't think he's the right choice for manager and nor would I want to see him being put in that position, because the fans are starting to tear into him already and he doesn't deserve that. Not in a million years.

But you cant really blame a person who isnt capable of doing the job he is being asked to do by his boss, when he gets it wrong.

The guy has been given the job of his dreams, through circumstance, not choice, and he loves the club, so he doesnt want to walk away if he is in the position of being able to help.

All the blame is on his employers for not doing THEIR job of getting him the help he needs, whether that be in the form of a manager for Frail to work under etc.

Having a pop at him, will do no good other than to alienate him from the club and the fans. He is doing what he can, its not his fault its not good enough.

We truly need a manager more than ever, we also need players, but the managers position is vital.

My worry is the amount of 'backing' Frail' has from players, suggesting we are being lined up for him getting the job. This would be a mistake of monumental proportions i think, as many fans would have had enough at this.

I know we are supposedly looking at managers, and had some talks etc. But we need to put someone in place ASAP. Any of the managers we have spoken to would do a better job than what we currently have going on, so I dont care if they give it to the next one that comes along. It would be a step in the right direction.

Our season is over.

Lets face it.

We wont beat Rangers in the CIS so are out of both cups and the league is a damage limitation excercise only made easier that Hibs cant lord thier lofty position over us.

We need to think to next season ( I cant believe I just said that, i also recall saying similar last season) but I did. I did because Im a Hearts fan and Im not prepared to walk away just yet......yet. And the truth is, this season is a failure, but to galvanise and turn things around for next season, we need to first save this season from an embarrassing bottom half finish. To do that we need someone at the helm to take control, to organise and to adapt.

We do have talent, but talent that is not being played to any sort of potential. We also need more talent, but talent that is not utilsied is squandered, and that is something we need to stop.

We are haemoraging results, and morale, and talent right now. If we can stop that, we will soon see an upturn in performance.

The best way to do that, is to get a manager in place who knows what he is talking about. Not to lynch the one we have.

This I have to say is probably the most sensible post that I have read for some time now on JKB and one that I almost fully agree with.

The one very small exception is the " we need to first save this season from an embarrassing bottom half finish."

I have a major concern that this bottom half finish may just may be position 12 and relegation.

If come 31st of January we have no manager and no new players then I fear that this may be more of a realistic outcome than many of us at present refuse to believe possible.

I would like to draw everyones attention to my signature thing at the bottom. It may not be "PC" but I react in kind. Be nice to me and treat me with respect and I will return in kind. Treat me like a moron and I return in kind.

We need a product that people will purchase. Why, other than blind loyalty, would anyone spend their hard earned money on a completely useless product when the money could be better spent on things that improve your life and therefore make you feel better within yourself.

Put the product on the park and people will purchase that product. This and only this will ensure that the 2500+ stadium will be worth it from a football point of view. From an income point of view the hotel etc. is a different kettle of fish altogether.

maroonlegions
I generally agree with you mate and the thread wasnt set up to say 'is this our worst team since bla', i just think that whilst you can only play what you're up against we're not exactly doing that very well.

Im struggling to think of many seasons where there has been a team as bad as this Gretna one. Without Gretna i dont think anyone can deny how much trouble we'd be in.

If this is good for us long term in that Vlad changes his ways then great. However i dont see it happening

AND STILL NO MANAGER OR ANY QUALITY SIGNINGS FROM A OWNER WHO JUST COULD NOT GIVE A FECK, IF HE DID WE WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BE WERE WE ARE RIGHT NOW, IT CANNOT BE DEFENDED THE ARGUMENT THAT HE CARES.:banghead2::vangry::vangry:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Good, realistic post.

We are on par with the Kilmarnocks and Falkirks of this world and that is the truth.

Hagar the Horrible

I buy my season ticket because i want to support my team, but am i getting value for money? NO i have been short changed, I will buy one for next year most definitely, but it is purely as a supporter? there is not one player in the squad that i feel is worth paying the money alone just to see? no feeling of excitement, we have been papering over the cracks for 2 years now, and league tables don't lie, plus we are out of the cup way too early after being unable to hold onto a 2 goal lead?

We have 2 or 3 competent players Larry, Ruben and Karipidis, Tall and Stewart could make it just? But this season malofeev left us with a mountain to climb with bizaar coaching during pre-season, Angel and Anatoly also did no good, and tactically were were inept (still are) Shaggy has restored a proper training regime but the benefits wont come until a manager who knows what he is doing has full control.

There are 8 days to go until the transfer window shuts, 1 or 2 should have been brought in by now to freshen up things, and maybe we would still be in the cup?

As for the worst Hearts team in 30 years? i would have to say yes! purely as that team were what is said on the tin? this team says caviar on the label and beans in the can!

Exactly. That was because we had Craig Gordon to pull us out the sh*te.. Now we're being exposed for what we really are, a bottom 6 side who's main tactic is to hoof the ball into the sky and look for the 2nd balls.

Deary me, I know we aren't the best at the moment but that comment makes us sound like Hibs!

We've had way worse teams in the last 30 years (look at the dross that was in the team when Tommy McLean was in charge ffs). We've never been remotely as badly handled football wise.

As for Frail, he can only pick what he's got. He didn't bring the players to the club and we're desperately lacking in at least 4 positions right now. He's also missing the only player we have of real quality.

We've had way worse teams in the last 30 years (look at the dross that was in the team when Tommy McLean was in charge ffs). We've never been remotely as badly handled football wise.

As for Frail, he can only pick what he's got. He didn't bring the players to the club and we're desperately lacking in at least 4 positions right now. He's also missing the only player we have of real quality.

Craig Gordon?:o

Craig Gordon?:o

No, Colin Cameron.

Kingston, although he has faults, is the one player capable of turning games like last night into wins. His set-piece delivery alone makes him a huge player for us.

No, Colin Cameron.

Kingston, although he has faults, is the one player capable of turning games like last night into wins. His set-piece delivery alone makes him a huge player for us.

Yes I agree. He has a lot of faults, but his good points more than make up for them in the SPL.

He did it already this season at Motherwell with a poor game but a goal and an assist if I remember right.

Our season is over.

Lets face it.

Our season was over before it even started mate ...... the proof of that is in the pudding.

The list of things that went wrong over the closed season would be funny if it wasn't so serious!!

Yes I agree. He has a lot of faults, but his good points more than make up for them in the SPL.

He did it already this season at Motherwell with a poor game but a goal and an assist if I remember right.

The amount of goals that come from set pieces in the SPL is huge. so to have someone capable of quality delivery is massive.

I didn't think he had a bad game that night, but in general he didn't get heavily involved.

Our season was over before it even started mate ...... the proof of that is in the pudding.

The list of things that went wrong over the closed season would be funny if it wasn't so serious!!

yip that pathetic performance against the flumps in the first game should have warned us all what was about to happen

yip that pathetic performance against the flumps in the first game should have warned us all what was about to happen

I'm talking long before that mate. As soon as the players reported back for pre-season it was game over, mistakes weren't learned from the previous year and it was almost the same she1te piece for piece/day by day all over again.

Malofeev

Angel

Korobochka

The (pointless) pyramid system

Malofeev

Failure to replace quality players

Failure to get a quality coach

Malofeev

The insistance on keeping all the Kanuas pash that infests team selection (apart from Velicka)

The insistance on adding more Kanuas pash to the team

The insistance on keeping all the other pash that infests team selection

Malofeev

The lack of proper pre-season preperation from the supposed best fitness coach ever according to some on here at the time.

Mickey Mouse training techniques from the 1970's USSR era

Malofeev

Star Jumps

Wheel Barrow races

The lack of proper team selection pre-season

Malofeev

The insistance that nearly all the Kanaus pash play against Barca the week before the new season kicks off

The failure to be run like a proper football club

Malofeev

The lack of decent medical treatment to compliment our ever increasing injury list

All that and more before we'd even been beaten at home by Hibs.

Oh, did I forget to mention Malofeev

The worrying thing is that we still have the 3rd highest wage budget in the SPL, so in terms of money being laid out on players, I'd say this squad was least value for money, if that makes sense.

I tried to convince myself that we have the players, just not the coach, however I think there's a deeper rooted problem than that, and we may just be in some deep doo doo.

By looking at the squad list at the end of the januaray transfer window I convinced myself that if we kept our best eleven player fit and had at least 8/9 of them playing inevery game (Not the same 8/9) then we could do something good but well it didn't turn out the way I wanted.

Looking past the best 14/15 players I knew we had some absolutely awful players.

With a proper manager we could challenge for 3rd place and probably just edge it. If we want to challenge for the league, one word. Overhaul.

hearts @ heart

Our season is over.

Lets face it.

Excellent post.

Spot on.

We have the worst squad of players we have had in over 30 years at this club. That is the simple fact. Absolutely gash in nearly every position. End of.

Fact? That's utter pash mate. We're not as good as some people thought and we're not even close to the side of 3 years ago but the worst side in 30 years? Fact? I disagree

Our season is over.

Lets face it.

Good post Baps.

I'm most interested by your observation that the players are backing Frail. I think there may be two reasons for this.

Firstly, self interest. A new manager brings the risk of sweeping changes.

Secondly, every interview with players has them calling Frail Shaggy. I may be reading to much into it but, to me, it suggests an over familiarality and possibly personal friendship which, in the cut throat world of football, may lead Frail to hesitate when he has to make hard decisions over a player.

Call me a pessimist but you'd be wrong- try realist on for size

The differnce between a Pessimist and realist? Not much, I can't think of any - both always seem to be looking at the negative side.

Sleep on and go back to being optimistic - it's much more fun.

I agree that the basic reason why our results have been so poor this season is that we have a set of players that are at best average. Seeing over 3000 turn up last night and give great support to the team highlighted once again how utterly disgraceful our current league position is for the size of club that we are. We as fans deserve so much better than what we are getting at present.

Archived