'Busker/Entertainer' in Princes Street.

Paolo

Has anyone else seen the 'busker/entertainer' in Princes Street?

I have passed him a few times now. He stands on one of the benches outside Princes St Gardens, opposite Frederick Street.

He appears to be wearing an awful wig (it can't be his real hair), and dark sun glasses.

He is singing into a mike, with music from a stereo in the background. The sound quality is absolutely awful, of both the mike and the stereo. His singing is not much better.

A terrible 'act'.

I'm glad Kickback/Internet didn't exist when I busked. 1988-93, foot of The Playfair steps at the Mound. I'd have been ridiculed online non-stop.

Spotted John Leslie, in his Blue Peter days, coming down the steps toward me one day. Immediately broke into the Hearts song, Hector Nichol style. He just smiled as he walk past.

Unknown to me, however, was that the lads working in Princes' St. gardens behind me were all Hibbies

Dogs abuse the rest of the day, about Hearts and my, ahem, singing abilities.

When I was a student I busked in Reykjavik. When I say busked what I meant is me and two mates sang Tom Jones songs at 3 in the morning convincing passing locals that we had lost the traditional Scottish game "Donnie Murdo" whereby the losing team was bought one way tickets to a country and had to make their way back starting with empty pockets.

We made a lot of cigarettes that night and as a non-smoker I remember smoking them all so as to not seem impolite.

I guess I've always been a bit weird........

Randle P McMurphy

That's the boy who thinks he's Michael Jackson. He has hung around the city centre for at least the last few years. I don't think the boy is quite right

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm glad Kickback/Internet didn't exist when I busked. 1988-93, foot of The Playfair steps at the Mound. I'd have been ridiculed online non-stop.

Spotted John Leslie, in his Blue Peter days, coming down the steps toward me one day. Immediately broke into the Hearts song, Hector Nichol style. He just smiled as he walk past.

Unknown to me, however, was that the lads working in Princes' St. gardens behind me were all Hibbies

Dogs abuse the rest of the day, about Hearts and my, ahem, singing abilities.

Don't know your act, but there are a lot of good buskers. You might have been one of them.

Has anyone else seen the 'busker/entertainer' in Princes Street?

I have passed him a few times now. He stands on one of the benches outside Princes St Gardens, opposite Frederick Street.

He appears to be wearing an awful wig (it can't be his real hair), and dark sun glasses.

He is singing into a mike, with music from a stereo in the background. The sound quality is absolutely awful, of both the mike and the stereo. His singing is not much better.

A terrible 'act'.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I've seen him twice.  Once performing on Princes St and then about a week later, walking in the grounds of an Edinburgh hospital, as I drove round and round looking for a parking space.

3fingersreid

Last week he was doing the songs from the Rat Pack

Best busker for me is the guy who has the dog holding the hat looking for the cash :)

Don't know your act, but there are a lot of good buskers. You might have been one of them.

I busked in London, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Hamburg.

In many languages I've been told I wasn't one of the good ones. ?

Had a lot of fun finding that out, though.

There does need to be some laws to clamp down on buskers up town.

They are every 15 yards along Rose Street interspersed with Big Issue sellers.

Have to agree that all the buskers I see there are ****ing shite.

There does need to be some laws to clamp down on buskers up town.

They are every 15 yards along Rose Street interspersed with Big Issue sellers.

Have to agree that all the buskers I see there are ******* shite.

Like the one I mentioned, many now set up speakers, and microphones, so it can be very loud. It is almost like they are competing with each other. Some are good, some are not, but why not just bring your guitar, and sing.

Maybe someone should set up some sort of competition where all the buskers perform, good and bad, and there could be one outright winner who gets....I dunno.....to produce a single and an album.

It'd be funny watching the bad ones make an arse of themselves right?

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't mind buskers, if you pass a good one it is nice to hear some quality playing on the other hand bad ones give you a laugh. If I worked close to their pitch I might not be saying that however.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I've seen him twice. Once performing on Princes St and then about a week later, walking in the grounds of an Edinburgh hospital, as I drove round and round looking for a parking space.

I wonder if he was in playing for the patients. I was in the Royal visiting someone and they had a guitar player going round the wards doing requests. He was not great it has to be said !

Archived