Zeefuik

iantjambo

Fxxx the SPFL

Looks unlikely that we'll have him next season as he falls out of our budget.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/genero-zeefuik-fee-is-out-of-reach-for-hearts-1-3730654

A shame but it's good to see we have people who won't allow the crazy spending of previous regimes.

correct we have to live within our means having said that Genaro was not getting a game in Groningen's first team and possibly unlikely to in the future so they might be happy to offload him for ?100k. The fact that he is rattling in the goals has probably made some other clubs take a look at him.

So nothing we didn't suspect already then. Hearts won't spend 300k on Zeefuik. No surprise there but it doesn't mean there is not every possibility that Groningen want rid and a deal can be achieved that suits all parties. Robbie states he's a player Hearts want to keep which is encouraging and there is plenty more mileage in this one.

Good stuff.  Doing things properly. 

I didn't realise that Zee had quite a bit of a contract left to run.  Might be a possibility to extend the loan?

His parent club have not set a fee for him to stay with us on a perm, so who knows what can & will happen,

Son Of Anarchy

Saying to Groningen and Genero: We want to keep you, try and come to some arrangement.

Exactly this and rightly so. If we get him on loan again great. If not? Thanks big man and best of luck wherever you go.

The Treasurer

Exactly this and rightly so. If we get him on loan again great. If not? Thanks big man and best of luck wherever you go.

I think his club have already stated they don't want another loan deal.

Could just be the Hearts management trying to force a price statement from Groningen who seem to be hoping for a bidding war.

Realistically Zee has been fun and his first touch and hold up play is superb but he has weaknesses and I think we could replace him and El Hass with better and at not a great cost.

correct we have to live within our means having said that Genaro was not getting a game in Groningen's first team and possibly unlikely to in the future so they might be happy to offload him for ?100k. The fact that he is rattling in the goals has probably made some other clubs take a look at him.

Even ?100k can be used up somewhere else on wages.I just don't think we are at a stage where we can be forking out fees on players yet but of course Levein and Neilson will know best how to use the budget

Negotiating tactics nothing more.

We may get him or we may lose out just have to see which way the penny drops.

Nothing new in this really.  We'd like to keep him if the price is right but we won't pay over the odds, which is fair enough.

Personally though I'd rather we tried to find out what the deal is as soon as possible.  With the league already in the bag I'd rather giver Sow, Keatings and Oliver game time over Zeefuik if there's no chance he'll be a Hearts player next season.

mahgrassyshoes

Whilst Zeefuick has been great for us, it is unlikely anybody will be offering ?300000 or even that many Euros for him on the back if a handful of games in the championship.

I said when he first came Goiningen would end up letting him leave for nothing if a club came in. I still suspect that will be the case; however, he has made a far greater impact that I expected as well.

He'd need to increase his self discipline to get in shape if he was ever going to justify a fee. While he'll never be Hen Broon, there is a lot of weight he could shed and it would make a massive difference for him. While he's been good at linking the play, he's very immobile and better defenders wouldn't find him half as difficult to deal with as if he was a bit slimmer and more mobile

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Nothing new in this really.  We'd like to keep him if the price is right but we won't pay over the odds, which is fair enough.

Personally though I'd rather we tried to find out what the deal is as soon as possible.  With the league already in the bag I'd rather giver Sow, Keatings and Oliver game time over Zeefuik if there's no chance he'll be a Hearts player next season.

Hearts will already know exactly what deal is in place as these things are usually agreed in the initial loan agreements. If not then its basically Hearts saying we would rather return him onto your payroll whilst sitting in the reserves than pay a stupid fee. 

Clerry Jambo

I think his club have already stated they don't want another loan deal.

They did indeed........I think we may get him if both parties are all for it

loveofthegame

Of course Robbie isn't going to come out and say "We've got shedloads of cash in the bank and will def be forking out on players".

Who knows, we might have the ?300k, but we certainly won't be telling Gronigen that... Start with a ?50k offer and take it from there...

They did indeed........I think we may get him if both parties are all for it

This is my view, too.  However, let's not get hung up about Groningen's valuation of the player.

As far as Groningen is concerned they have a few options:

1) He is in their future plans and they want him back in their 1st team squad.

2) He is not in their plans and they believe they can sell him to another European club for their valuation price.

3) He is not in their plans and they will sell him for whatever money they can get.

4) Sevco have offered 3M for the player.

Of course a big influence on what happens is Zeefuik's own preference. If he is happy in Edinburgh and wants to stay at Hearts then I am sure the clubs will negotiate a deal of some sort.  Zeefuik is looking far fitter and leaner than when he first came,but he may revert to his previous state if he returns to Groningen, so maybe he is reluctant to return to his old ways. 

My own opinion is that; as he gets fitter and leaner under Neilson he will become a better player for us in the Premiership.

The days of us paying 300 k for a player are a long way off. The club have already shown they can pick a player so why would they spend so much when they could find another gem for minimum cost.

I also think if Zee goes back not many clubs will take a chance on him regardless of what he has done with us this season, after all its hardly top class competition.

Does Zeefuik want to stay?

Probably the most important point. If he does not want to stay we are all wasting our time speculating on an outcome, if however he really likes it here I would guess the clubs will come to some agreement as Groningen would not want an unhappy player back on their hands.

edit: just noticed Tasavallan makes the same point in his post.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't - scoring goals, playing regularly, good response from fans, nice City - what is there not to like?

I think as usual Robbie is playing a blinder here.

the big show

He has already quoted that he is very happy hear so i would take from that he does want to stay , I just hope a deal can be sorted as i have no doubt that him and sow would score plenty in the premier and not only that will make the club money when the right offer came in for them . 

Ibrahim Tall

Still think there's a good chance he'll be here ext year.

They're not going to get ?300,000 from anyone, especially if we're not willing to pay it. So they either take a hit or keep him and continue paying his wages and hope his Hearts form carries on for them, given how far out of the picture he was there that seems unlikely.

He was in the papers a few weeks ago saying he wanted to stay, however "?The ball is in Genero?s court and Groningen?s.

I take this as he might need adjust his wage expectation which will be factor of him wanting to stay.

highlandjambo3

Pay the dosh.........1 year contract......................bang more goals in..............................sell for 500k

There's a lot of mileage in this possible deal yet. I'm certain were only at the first round of negotiations if even that far. It could be just RN using the media wisely to say we haven't got the readies. We might have we might not but whatever you don't go in with your best offer straight from the start.

There is also potential for addons to any arrangement ie. % of future sale, X amount after so many appearances or goals, instalment payments after X amount of games and so on. There are any amount of options open in negotiating deals.

This isn't dead yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shed Floodlight

Could just be the Hearts management trying to force a price statement from Groningen who seem to be hoping for a bidding war.

Realistically Zee has been fun and his first touch and hold up play is superb but he has weaknesses and I think we could replace him and El Hass with better and at not a great cost.

Why?? is El Hass leaving??

Bert Le Clos

Pay the dosh.........1 year contract......................bang more goals in..............................sell for 500k

Alternatively - pay the dosh, he doesn't replicate his form in the Premiership, and we're stuck with a player we've paid over the odds for.

It's a no brainer for me. If we can sign him within our budget then fine. If we can't, we shouldn't. It was paying outwith our means that got us into a mess. Luckily, I don't think there is any chance of Budge letting that happen.

Regarding Zeefuik though, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him but as has been said it won't be for anywhere near ?300k. I also think there will be player available on free transfers who are at least as good as him. It's about balancing transfer fees and wage demands to get the best deal possible though. 

Amoruso_lets_it_run

If we got him on a 1 year contract then he could leave for free the following summer which would be the worst case for us

Every time I see a Zeefuik thread I'm terrified to even look.

Comments saying he is immobile.

Unfit

We could replace him and El Hass (Wtf!?) with better.

I don't want us to fork out 300k for him but that is not to say he isn't worth that.

In our situation at 300k we should look elsewhere for players but if we can beat that price down we should go for it.

Zeefuik has other qualities but his number one quality is he scores goals. If you have a goalscorer in your team then you are going to win more games than you lose.

the big show

Every time I see a Zeefuik thread I'm terrified to even look.

Comments saying he is immobile.

Unfit

We could replace him and El Hass (Wtf!?) with better.

I don't want us to fork out 300k for him but that is not to say he isn't worth that.

In our situation at 300k we should look elsewhere for players but if we can beat that price down we should go for it.

Zeefuik has other qualities but his number one quality is he scores goals. If you have a goalscorer in your team then you are going to win more games than you lose.

100 % This .   although i think he is well worth 3ook .

100 % This . although i think he is well worth 3ook .

I said I don't want us to pay 300k on him but at the same time I'm not saying he isn't worth that. :)

Bert Le Clos

I said I don't want us to pay 300k on him but at the same time I'm not saying he isn't worth that. :)

That's the key point. What he's worth and what Hearts can pay are totally different.

Seymour M Hersh

Looks unlikely that we'll have him next season as he falls out of our budget.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/genero-zeefuik-fee-is-out-of-reach-for-hearts-1-3730654

A shame but it's good to see we have people who won't allow the crazy spending of previous regimes.

The article did mention that the ?300k fee has not come from Gronigan (sic). So who knows what sort of horse trading can be done. He might even pull a Webster to play for the famous.

queensferryjambo

Well if we cannot keep him for the right deal it is a shame but good luck to him in the future. Zeefuik has done a great job in a period when we were struggling with Sow, El Hass and Carrick out injured.

He will definitely be one of those players who will IMO become a cult hero for the fans to talk about in seasons to come.

Especially after he rattles in a few at Easter Road.

Everyone is missing one key message in the article

Robbie has stated that the ?300k figure hasnt come from Gronigen. They havent asked for ?300k. We are not talking about a negotation down from ?300k.

Every club in Europe knows he is available, how many are in for him ?  the answer is his current valuation.

If he leaves its not so much his goalscoring we would miss it would be his hold up play and excellent first touch. Lets face it there are weaknesses, with the natural build he has he is not going to get in many towering headers or break aways from the half way line, fine if the rest of the team can compensate for his weaknesses and thrive from his strengths which they seem to do just now but what if a forward becomes available who is strong in the air, fast over the ground, can hold up play and has a good first touch (bit like Sow), Would we be wrong to strengthen the team at Zee's expense ? Thats the strategy Robbie has used since taking over and I dont hear much criticism of that (now) !

Archived