?5.1 billion for Premier League TV rights

Maroon Sailor

Not sure what people expect from either Sky/BT/BBC or clubs in other countries? Nobody pays more than they need to for anything, whether that's the TV rights or a player!

yes Sky have paid a huge amount for the EPL tv rights but it was only what they felt they had to pay to win the auction, it wasn't like it was ?3bn + a ?1bn donation ffs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Ribble

• jamboinglasgow

• Chester™

Not sure what people expect from either Sky/BT/BBC or clubs in other countries? Nobody pays more than they need to for anything, whether that's the TV rights or a player!

yes Sky have paid a huge amount for the EPL tv rights but it was only what they felt they had to pay to win the auction, it wasn't like it was ?3bn + a ?1bn donation ffs

You might want to word that one a bit better. Most analysts and experts reckon they bid at least ?1bn more than necessary.

And that second sentence is, well, a bit daft TBH. It happens all the time. I assume you meant 'pays more than they are willing to', or something similar?

Edited by Chester?

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/02/scottish-football-should-ignore-sky-sports-30-pieces-of-silver/

Thought this raised some interesting points. Especially around the US comparison. The way to go I reckon

I am not sure about the Scottish Football TV but his comments surrounding our current deal are spot on.

And Barry Hearn nailed it.