Levein off the manager list ?

Drylaw Hearts

Eddie Thompson's wife owns half of his shares with him. His son is already on the board and he has just handed his daughter a seat on the board. It is and will remina a family run club, with his daughter and son taking over when eddie shuffles of the earth!

ToadKiller Dog

I doubt what jim mclean achieved could be repeated in the modern game,the two dundee sides have shrunk .United now are much on a par with motherwell and killie in terms of size.

The only way they could realisticaly move forward and generate the funds needed to grow to constantly challenge instead of the odd season would be to merge which wont happen and even if it did i doubt there is the latent support out there or a rich sugar daddy to back it up.

realistcaly only us and maybe hibs and aberdeen have the possibility if ran correctly to push against the old firm for a longer period and even that is no gimmie.

Big thing for Levein, he gets to decide ALL football orientated decisions hirings and firings and where they scout, how they scout and how they train. Complete footballing control.

OR

He could come here, pick the team and maybe sign some of the players.

We are an attractive prospect but this announcement rules Levein out IMO.

I think the whole intention of this is to try and rule him out of the Hearts job. ET wants to entrust the clubs future to CL after he's not around. He's bringing more of his family on board to take up the reigns but he knows none of them has much of a clue about football, so CL will be the top man in footballing decisions.

Question is how much that situation changes when ET is sadly no longer there. I'm sure he knows how much CL would want the Hearts job again.

Having lost my old fellah to cancer, I hope that Mr Thompson recovers.

A proper football man, who earned enough money to buy his dreams. I have total respect for the man.

What he said. :clap:

I think the whole intention of this is to try and rule him out of the Hearts job. ET wants to entrust the clubs future to CL after he's not around. He's bringing more of his family on board to take up the reigns but he knows none of them has much of a clue about football, so CL will be the top man in footballing decisions.

Question is how much that situation changes when ET is sadly no longer there. I'm sure he knows how much CL would want the Hearts job again.

Hmm... possibly - I doubt it though. Personally, I'm deeply unconvinced that Levein will fancy a return to Tynie until he knows for certain that he will enjoy full control, and that we're being run as a normal football club again. And no mere words are likely to convince him of that: it'll probably take a good two to three years of real proof that Vlad's learnt his lesson, and we're behaving in a wholly different way.

It's something of a vicious circle: I'm sceptical any of the favoured candidates will be interested until we've demonstrably changed - but of course, we have a much better chance of changing if we could only appoint one of these candidates. As I posted yesterday though, I can see Levein staying at Tannadice for many years to come. I think this move is about ET securing the long-term future after he's gone - and he may regard CL as the next Jim McLean. Certainly, old Jim ruled Dundee United with an iron fist, and Thopmson seems prepared to enable CL to do likewise. In which case, well, why would Levein leave?

Archived