To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

gorgie rd eh11
On 09/01/2023 at 13:57, TheBigO said:

It's totally true that the Lennon coin incident had us front page, villified throughout Scotland and was even on the news in England I think.  Same game Zlamal was punched and it was reported as an altercation or allegedly etc.

Since then, we've had various players coined - McKay against Celtc and this most recent one being the worst I can think of.  Did it even make it beyond a wee sub story on BBC Sport online?  Nowt silence.

So, I ask, what's the differnce?  Why was the Lennon one treated differently to the Celtic and Hibs ones on our players?  Would love to know.

Perhaps Zander rather than say he's big enough and ugly enough should have wildly claimed racism like Lennon did.

Some projectiles are worse than others. 

Lie about where the object hit you.

Make out it's to do with your religion rather than you being an arseh*le.

Have old firm connections.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Skivingatwork
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

5,000 tickets still to sell for the cup game.

Embarrasing.

Capacity 20k less 3.5k away support means they’ve sold 11.5k to date.

Wee team = wee support 

1 hour ago, Skivingatwork said:

Embarrasing.

Capacity 20k less 3.5k away support means they’ve sold 11.5k to date.

Wee team = wee support 

Away section is 3.9k I think, so they have 5k empty seats, so almost a 1/3rd of the home end is empty.

Cameronstheman

Wonder who the hobos have signed and  for those looking in

:lenny:  FTH

Edited by Cameronstheman

I can't post this as a new topic but I'm feeling good after reading this

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/hearts-finances-202122

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Seemingly already have John Park lined up for the job.

Hopefully just in time to negotiate Nisbets departure

I can see him going in this window

6 hours ago, indianajones said:

The obvious question is why did they not have a DoF in place already and why are they suddenly appointing one? I think we know the answer to the latter.

All very reactionary from our little neighbours. Screams of panic to be honest. Worrying times for them.

Before this was being reported they were already talking about it on .net, it does seem the powers that be were alarmed by the derby and the difference in standards. They know they're playing catch up.

Edited by Smithee

6 hours ago, indianajones said:

The obvious question is why did they not have a DoF in place already and why are they suddenly appointing one? I think we know the answer to the latter.

All very reactionary from our little neighbours. Screams of panic to be honest. Worrying times for them.

Ultimately its ultimately a load of pissh ultimately?

Mad Bad and Dangerous
5 hours ago, Jambro77 said:

Ultimately its ultimately a load of pissh ultimately?

What an ultimate dick   😁

14 hours ago, leginten said:

May I recommend for your delectation the thread about the drug-dealing violent criminal (which one, I suppose you might ask)? I’m pretty sure there’s some “our values” chat on there. Always great to read from supporters who idolise some of the worst scum ever to play in Scottish football.

I did notice a change in their attitude.

Usually, they blame Hearts for their appalling derby record: "cheaturz, hackers, won't let Hibs play their game" etc.

Quite a few are finally laying the blame where it really belongs: at their own shitty little failure of a club.

I also enjoyed the side by side posts during injury time on the matchday thread"

"I'm just glad we've not lost 3 or 4-0".

"Hearts 3-0".

😄

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

I did notice a change in their attitude.

Usually, they blame Hearts for their appalling derby record: "cheaturz, hackers, won't let Hibs play their game" etc.

Quite a few are finally laying the blame where it really belongs: at their own shitty little failure of a club.

I also enjoyed the side by side posts during injury time on the matchday thread"

"I'm just glad we've not lost 3 or 4-0".

"Hearts 3-0".

😄

It's mad it's actually taken this long for those sorry little souls to realise this. About time.

Hear they are scrabbling about looking for a “Director of Football”.  I hear from a pretty good source that at least two folk they’ve approached have knocked them back because they would not have full control or the final say on signings.  Going to be interesting to see who accepts the position.

12 minutes ago, Chimp said:

It's mad it's actually taken this long for those sorry little souls to realise this. About time.

It probably won't last, bud.

It's easier for them to blame Hearts for their shortcomings than face reality.

Besides, the longer they do blame us, whilst simultaneously boasting about floodlights, Euro trailblazing, flair, swashbuckling and other meaningless and unquantifiable 5h1te, the better. 

It all serves to make Hibs what they are. 😊

Just now, martoon said:

It probably won't last, bud.

It's easier for them to blame Hearts for their shortcomings than face reality.

Besides, the longer they do blame us, whilst simultaneously boasting about floodlights, Euro trailblazing, flair, swashbuckling and other meaningless and unquantifiable 5h1te, the better. 

It all serves to make Hibs what they are. 😊

True!

The flair football is always the bit that gets me. They had a couple of seasons under Mowbray almost TWENTY years ago where they did play some nice football (all the while achieving hee haw)....... and they seem to have clung onto that and seems to have stuck ever since.

Hibs being a free flowing attacking side playing great football is one of the biggest myths in Scottish football.

7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

True!

The flair football is always the bit that gets me. They had a couple of seasons under Mowbray almost TWENTY years ago where they did play some nice football (all the while achieving hee haw)....... and they seem to have clung onto that and seems to have stuck ever since.

Hibs being a free flowing attacking side playing great football is one of the biggest myths in Scottish football.

Craig Patterson on Sportsound was one of the worst myth peddlers.

I wish I had a £1 for everytime he said "Hibs are a team who like to get the ball down and play...blah, blah, blah".

They've ranged almost entirely between shite and mediocrity since about 1976. 😄

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Craig Patterson on Sportsound was one of the worst myth peddlers.

I wish I had a £1 for everytime he said "Hibs are a team who like to get the ball down and play...blah, blah, blah".

They've ranged almost entirely between shite and mediocrity since about 1976. 😄

Commentators, pundits and Hibs fans are all as bad as each other for spouting this lie. Really is the biggest pile of shite ever.

I suppose if it makes them happy in their deluded wee world, we can let them have it. 

Commentators, pundits and Hibs fans are all as bad as each other for spouting this lie. Really is the biggest pile of shite ever.

I suppose if it makes them happy in their deluded wee world, we can let them have it. 

Watching them in the last derby all they done was shell it forward or try long throws into the box. Pretty sure the first game down there this season their only tactic was to thump it into the corners to try and get runners in behind. For the majority of my life Hibs have been dog meat and that isn't changing anytime soon. 

27 minutes ago, Chimp said:

True!

Their primary tactic under Tony Flair, was long diagonals to O'Connor, the Latapy/Mcleish team had it's moments, but that apart they've been no different in style to most teams in the Scottish Premiership.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

It's usually the same experts that bang on about "big fizicul hertz"

29 minutes ago, Chimp said:

True!

Didn't is originate from the time they signed Franck Sauzée and for the first time since Pat Stanton they had a defender that didn't just lump it up the park?

Byyy The Light
27 minutes ago, Chimp said:

True!

This is the bit that really really grates on me, sad as it is.

My wife's family are all big Hibbys and I feel my seethe ramp up when they go on about it.  I've also been in the company of former players and they even go on about it.  "Hibs have a style and an ethos, a reputation for playing good expansive football"  It's complete and utter nonsense.

The McLeish team that got promoted and the Lennon team that got promoted were decent sides, no denying that but they are blips.  They've been absolutely distinctly average for decades.  That is probably being kind.

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

My wife's family are all big Hibbys and I feel my seethe ramp up when they go on about it.  I've also been in the company of former players and they even go on about it.  "Hibs have a style and an ethos, a reputation for playing good expansive football"  It's complete and utter nonsense.

The McLeish team that got promoted and the Lennon team that got promoted were decent sides, no denying that but they are blips.  They've been absolutely distinctly average for decades.  That is probably being kind.

Yep, I can't help but be riled by it. Soon as I speak to a hibby that mentions it I feel a deep rage building up 😂

Wouldn't be as bad if they did it as a wind up, but no they genuinely believe it's true.

Byyy The Light

Yep, I can't help but be riled by it. Soon as I speak to a hibby that mentions it I feel a deep rage building up 😂

Wouldn't be as bad if they did it as a wind up, but no they genuinely believe it's true.

😂 that's the worrying thing. True what they say about arguing with idiots. Just stay clear.

The same people who have made all the shite decisions since Ron’s come in will make the decision selecting DOF. What possible indication is there that they will get this right.

The narrow candidate criteria and reducing the player pool suggest nae money and a cheap option. 🍿🍿🍿

21 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Watching them in the last derby all they done was shell it forward or try long throws into the box. Pretty sure the first game down there this season their only tactic was to thump it into the corners to try and get runners in behind. For the majority of my life Hibs have been dog meat and that isn't changing anytime soon. 

That's all they've done for years though. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good myth

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

The same people who have made all the shite decisions since Ron’s come in will make the decision selecting DOF. What possible indication is there that they will get this right.

The narrow candidate criteria and reducing the player pool suggest nae money and a cheap option. 🍿🍿🍿

Jim Duffy, NAP!

Gilberts Fridge

The hibs DOF is a panic announcement to keep the heat off ron, lee etc.

Why announce your looking for a DOF and not just actually look for one and announce them when they have signed. They do like the sound of their own voice over there. 

This will end in either, someone we've never heard of, an internal appointment or just quietly be forgotten. 

Who in their right mind would take this on given the cluster that hibs are and have been since ron took over. 

Look at our second goal against St.Johnstone and watch Hubz punt fest at Motherwell on Sunday. Then lets have the conversation about flair.

Fantasy land that lot. Myths and mirrors.

3 hours ago, Chimp said:

Ah, but why their continuing NEED for this comfort blanket? Long may they snuggle under it...

1 hour ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Why announce your looking for a DOF and not just actually look for one and announce them when they have signed. They do like the sound of their own voice over there. 

This will end in either, someone we've never heard of, an internal appointment or just quietly be forgotten. 

Who in their right mind would take this on given the cluster that hibs are and have been since ron took over. 

The DoF is a buffer for the bluffer. Fans just want change when things aren’t going well. Positive spin in between matches only goes so far though. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

They probably think they're the first to come up with it. You know how they like to be first with things... flood lights, flair football, teaching Barzil how to play...

:sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2:

...one thing's for CERTAIN, they'll h1b5it!

4 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Turnbulls team were the last Hibs team that actually did play with a lot of flair and to be fair to them they were a pretty decent team particularly early on his time with them   
That’s when the myth was started and it’s been perpetuated for nearly 50 years now. 

7 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I know what you mean. If it's not that, it's the 'Hibs class' shite that they constantly go on about. I genuinely have no idea what it means unless it's some code for sex pests, public disorder, violence and general neddery. 

It's mirroring our darkest days, but we filled our dark days with some absolute delights. This is the Hibs way, this is an attempt to pick up their own Joe Savage.......however, ladies and gentlemen, here is the Anatoloy Karabochka chapter. The demise is rapid over there, cannae say I'm no loving it. Looking forward to see which rat gets dragged in as director of football who takes over from gobshite before the seasons out. Appointed permanent before the season kicks off and gets sacked in September. 

16 minutes ago, trotter said:

I know what you mean. If it's not that, it's the 'Hibs class' shite that they constantly go on about. I genuinely have no idea what it means unless it's some code for sex pests, public disorder, violence and general neddery. 

Smile and nod, amused by the knowledge that they'd be going on about their derby record if they could.

But they can't.

:verysmug:

I've encouraged my cousin to tell me more about their flair and class in the past, how it sounds even better than winning loads of derbies. Infuriating, I hear.

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Smile and nod, amused by the knowledge that they'd be going on about their derby record if they could.

But they can't.

:verysmug:

I've encouraged my cousin to tell me more about their flair and class in the past, how it sounds even better than winning loads of derbies. Infuriating, I hear.

I just snort a derisory laugh.

Long since stopped engaging with them and their p15h.

9 hours ago, Chimp said:

They had a couple of seasons under Mowbray almost TWENTY years ago where they did play some nice football (all the while achieving hee haw)....... and they seem to have clung onto that and seems to have stuck ever since.

During one of those two seasons they lost to Hearts 3 times, conceding 4 goals on all 3 occasions. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, briever said:

Didn't is originate from the time they signed Franck Sauzée and for the first time since Pat Stanton they had a defender that didn't just lump it up the park?

They had Yogi and Sean Dennis to do that for him. 

9 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

When you are mostly shite and the underdog, it’s natural to highlight the rare time you are half decent, then cling onto it forever. What happens, is people associated with it start acting like it’s the norm year after year after year.

The opposite happens when you are mostly decent.  It’s normal, it’s nothing to shout about, it’s what’s expected.  

But the wee guy always shouts loudest and continues to do so when they aren’t entitled to. 

I always remember my Dad saying Hearts always had a good reputation for being a good footballing side for years before the Terrible Trio era, they just couldn’t win anything. When things started to turn in 1950, Hearts were pretty much a good side for 15 years up until that last day title blow on 1965.

Before Hibs Famous Five up until the break for the war they were largely rotten in the league (and it’s no exaggeration) for 30 odd years.  Same happened after their 70s team.  

Turnbulls team wasn't too bad , in the main though we've dominated them since the Jimmy Bone winner. 

Finished them off in the 2012 final and still rubbing it in on a regular basis. 

Looking forward to the cup tie .

Joe Savage is a Sporting Director.

Hibs are appointing a Director of Football. It’s probably their way of bringing in a former, older Hibs Manager or someone with Hibs links to help wee Lee along his way as they can’t afford to punt him. Something like the Levein picking the team rumours DoF appointment.

Can’t wait to watch this unfold. It’s a NAP to be a disaster like most things they do :rofl: 

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )