To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

1971fozzy
25 minutes ago, RobNox said:

They've started an official Paul and Lewis appreciation thread, I was tempted to post, but I don't want to blow my cover.

We should really start one of our own, I mean we've got a lot more to appreciate them for than the hobos.

the 2 players they have slaughtered over the years 🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RobNox
11 minutes ago, martoon said:

There is one, Rob.

I'm crestfallen, myself. 

Yeah, I just spotted it after I made my post on this thread 😁

As disappointing as it is to see them go, we can at least console ourselves that they have the likes of Rocky and Fish to plug the gap.  Hopefully that pair can have equally long and illustrious Hibs careers.  

44 minutes ago, RobNox said:

They've started an official Paul and Lewis appreciation thread, I was tempted to post, but I don't want to blow my cover.

We should really start one of our own, I mean we've got a lot more to appreciate them for than the hobos.

Bizarre. 

Appreciating mediocrity. The Hibs way.

RobNox
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the 2 players they have slaughtered over the years 🤣🤣🤣

That's true, they've been moaning for some time that it's a sign of how bad their recruitment has been that the pair of them are still at the club.  Now all of a sudden they are legends for having played at one club for so long.

They were only at Hibs for that length of time because...

a) no bigger club wanted them, and

b) every time Hibs signed potential replacements, they turned out to be dug shit

Chuck Berry

A thought.

Weren't these two the only ones in the dressing room who actually give a sh*t about that club?  Now there's nobody.

martoon
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

A thought.

Weren't these two the only ones in the dressing room who actually give a sh*t about that club?  Now there's nobody.

It's a good thought, Chuck.

I like it. 👍 

buzzbomb1958
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, I just spotted it after I made my post on this thread 😁

As disappointing as it is to see them go, we can at least console ourselves that they have the likes of Rocky and Fish to plug the gap.  Hopefully that pair can have equally long and illustrious Hibs careers.  

I personally think they will cash in on Rocky and get their £10 million we are Donald Ducked , im absolutely shitting my pantaloons

Wee Mikey
30 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I personally think they will cash in on Rocky and get their £10 million we are Donald Ducked , im absolutely shitting my pantaloons

Meanwhile, our nearest and dearest have totally filled their jobby-catchers.

Unfortunately for them, even Leith pubs have had enough of their skanky demeanour.

Screenshot_20240508_102302_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240508_102238_Chrome.jpg

wentworth jambo
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Unfortunately for them, even Leith pubs have had enough of their skanky demeanour.

My old man's local (Halfway House)when I was growing up....he always volunteered to take me for a haircut in Kenny's (good Jambo as well)across the road, while he'd nip in for a swift one 

RustyRightPeg

In lockdown 😂

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In lockdown 😂

A number of dissenters currently voicing their unpopular views on some of the threads. All rather unseemly and not befitting a proper fitba’ forum. Unlike here.::troll::

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

DAFUQ are mankles?

martoon
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like Monty is getting the Aberdeen game.

You have to admire his brass neck.

Don't give up, Monty. 

Wee Mikey
25 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

DAFUQ are mankles?

A criminal look sported by a certain breed of fashion victim.

Screenshot_20240508_134827_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240508_134841_Google.jpg

martoon
Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

A criminal look sported by a certain breed of fashion victim.

Screenshot_20240508_134827_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240508_134841_Google.jpg

No half's and shorts for this trio, then.

dcb4dd5e-241a-462b-896b-d3b184718f0c.jpeg

2211445869_eac1b1b93c_z.jpg

Edited by martoon

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Crikey! David Van Day meets Don Johnson, or what?

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, martoon said:

You have to admire his brass neck.

Don't give up, Monty. 

TBF, Monty did say in one his ‘famous’ speeches that, “the first duty of a leader is optimism”. I think it’s fair to say that he has that in abundance.

Sooks
1 hour ago, martoon said:

dcb4dd5e-241a-462b-896b-d3b184718f0c.jpeg

love that bottom one :lol:

Sooks

Can this be edited and cleaned up and used as an emoji 

IMG_6986.jpeg

Deevers
2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

A number of dissenters currently voicing their unpopular views on some of the threads. All rather unseemly and not befitting a proper fitba’ forum. Unlike here.::troll::

There’s never been any doubt that they have heavily sanitised the content in that place. It’s gone on for years  - any over the top, even totally deserved criticism of those in charged at their club is quickly picked clean. They must have a big job on their hands this time given the length of the lock down. Their American owners must be delighted with the level of censorship.

Sooks
14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There’s never been any doubt that they have heavily sanitised the content in that place. It’s gone on for years  - any over the top, even totally deserved criticism of those in charged at their club is quickly picked clean. They must have a big job on their hands this time given the length of the lock down. Their American owners must be delighted with the level of censorship.

They also keep a lot of stuff on the paid private members board to save the embarrassment of screenshots mocking them later on 

Percival King
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

love that bottom one :lol:

iirc, it was on Scotsport the day after the derby at Easter Road where there'd been trouble (again) and fans going over the perimeter fences. Ian Archer or Arthur Montford did a serious, maybe even sombre, piece to the camera in the studio with their observations on the events.

Looks a bit ridiculous and dated now but back then I'd have loved highlights, but I'd have lost my job, changed days.

Sooks
1 minute ago, Percival King said:

iirc, it was on Scotsport the day after the derby at Easter Road where there'd been trouble (again) and fans going over the perimeter fences. Ian Archer or Arthur Montford did a serious, maybe even sombre, piece to the camera in the studio with their observations on the events.

Looks a bit ridiculous and dated now but back then I'd have loved highlights, but I'd have lost my job, changed days.

He totally sums them up in that period . A bunch of absolute Middens thinking they look edgy and cool :lol: 

Deevers
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They also keep a lot of stuff on the paid private members board to save the embarrassment of screenshots mocking them later on 

Aye , all of these mugs revelling in absolute fantasy and paying the folk that are producing the drivel for the pleasure of the pea brained numpties. 

Percival King
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He totally sums them up in that period . A bunch of absolute Middens thinking they look edgy and cool :lol: 

That was pretty much Montford's observation too, without the emoji. He possibly also bemoaned the lack of National Service.

Vlad Magic

Still locked down.

Must be carnage there. I can imagine a battle between those who want free speech and an honest assessment of what’s going on there V the powers that be that run .net.

The powers that be being almost communist in their idea of how a football forum should be run. Suppress and control what is made public. Free speech? Nah. Must follow a positive narrative no matter what’s going on.

Love it.

Marvin
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Can this be edited and cleaned up and used as an emoji 

IMG_6986.jpeg

A poster on here uses this as his avatar.  

Turkishcap

You do not have permmision to see us in turmoil.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

their only go to is 1986 Albert Kidd. Let that sink in.  Half off them at least weren’t aren’t even alive.  They literally have nothing 

FTFY

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

theshed
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not very often hearts fans would be happy with a say a 2-0 hibs win in this game and the hibs fans be raging as might see him in charge next season

7 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

My old man's local (Halfway House)when I was growing up....he always volunteered to take me for a haircut in Kenny's (good Jambo as well)across the road, while he'd nip in for a swift one 

Always got my hair cut at Kenny's in Fort Street when I was a lad.

Malinga the Swinga
41 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

What are they in lockdown for? 

Because while we all know they are pish, that website lives in a parallel universe where apart from points and results, everything is in their favour. 

It'll be chat on Monty's future

melton58
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Always got my hair cut at Kenny's in Fort Street when I was a lad.

Me too as a cop in Leith. Kenny was the best. I worked the box in North Fort St, Half Way House was the best along with Prom Bar. 

Edited by melton58

Cameronstheman
1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Nothing.. he haw well maybe because they are shite 

j1964m

Getting some practice in for next season bit like pre-season nothing to play for 

DesertDawg
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nick Montgomery walks into his local TSB bank today to cash a cheque. As he approached the cashier he said, "Good morning, Ms. could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"

Montgomery: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to do so as I am Nick Montgomery, Manager of the "great" Hibernian football club.

Cashier: "Well, with all the new regulations and monitoring of banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc. I must insist on seeing your ID."

Montgomery: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will immediately tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr. Montgomery but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Montgomery: "Come on, please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "O.K. sir, to be helpful, here is an example of what we can do."

"Recently, Tiger Woods, who's financing a bar in St. Andrews, came into the bank branch there, without his ID but to prove that he really was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his pitching wedge and made a beautiful chip shot right across the bank into a cup on the counter. With that shot, we knew that he must be Tiger Woods, so cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous serve with the tennis ball landing right in my cup.  With that shot we cashed his cheque too."

"So, sir, what can you do to prove that you really are Nick Montgomery, manager of Hibernian FC and that it is you and only you?"

Montgomery stands there thinking and thinking,  then finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."

The cashier immediately responds, "Would you prefer large or small notes, Mr. Montgomery?”   😁

tcjambo

Is it anything to do with Stevenson and Hanlon getting the boot?

martoon
13 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Nick Montgomery walks into his local TSB bank today to cash a cheque. As he approached the cashier he said, "Good morning, Ms. could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"

Montgomery: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to do so as I am Nick Montgomery, Manager of the "great" Hibernian football club.

Cashier: "Well, with all the new regulations and monitoring of banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc. I must insist on seeing your ID."

Montgomery: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will immediately tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr. Montgomery but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Montgomery: "Come on, please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "O.K. sir, to be helpful, here is an example of what we can do."

"Recently, Tiger Woods, who's financing a bar in St. Andrews, came into the bank branch there, without his ID but to prove that he really was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his pitching wedge and made a beautiful chip shot right across the bank into a cup on the counter. With that shot, we knew that he must be Tiger Woods, so cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous serve with the tennis ball landing right in my cup.  With that shot we cashed his cheque too."

"So, sir, what can you do to prove that you really are Nick Montgomery, manager of Hibernian FC and that it is you and only you?"

Montgomery stands there thinking and thinking,  then finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."

The cashier immediately responds, "Would you prefer large or small notes, Mr. Montgomery?”   😁

😄

WorldChampions1902

The list of topics with in-fighting includes “Block 7 (Again)”, where a number of dissenters are calling out the totally unacceptable behaviour of their pondlife fans and want the club to ban them. Then there’s the thread titled “Outcome of The Review”, where loud voices are sharing their legitimate concerns about the Bleak Knights involvement with others jumping to their defence. Next up is the thread called “Monty - Enough is Enough”, where loads of dissenters want him launched yesterday. Followed by the thread called, “Mistakes Mistakes Mistakes”, which is self-explanatory.

So much more I could include but the above provides a wee flavour of the disharmony among the docksiders. I suspect their discomfiture is compounded by the utter Euro/Financial gloatfest happening on this message board, which is very satisfying.

Not long now till they implode I reckon.

:verysmug:

Cameronstheman

When the green army travel in huge numbers  to Dingwall and take like 400 or so, the culprits are  their for all to see

Had the hobo massive 2000 or so, not a peep  

Turkishcap
Posted (edited)

Not done much since livi game but life still feels good.

Edited by Turkishcap

2 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Probably had the Admin’s hard drives seized. 

buzzbomb1958
3 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Foley has bought the rights for a bottle of Buckie and 2 packets of monster munch, they will now recieve weekly updates from Bournemouth fans forum

Ricardo Quaresma

They've been in lockdown since when, Monday afternoon?

:cornette_dog:

1971fozzy
29 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They've been in lockdown since when, Monday afternoon?

:cornette_dog:

imagine what it’ll be like when this deal goes really tits up 🤣🤣 it will never be open. Best get signed up

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

imagine what it’ll be like when this deal goes really tits up 🤣🤣 it will never be open. Best get signed up

I could never do that, kudos to those who do though 🙂

RobNox
6 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Not sure, it's usually because of one of two things.  Either they've just Hibsed it again and don't Jambo interlopers going on to bask in their pain, or they are cleaning up dodgy posts.  I can't see anything particularly controversial going on in their discussion threads, so it's unclear why they would go into lockdown.  

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )