When you meet your hero

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Gotta love the Hegmeister

Guy is still nuts to this day

Maroon Sailor

I've never wanted to meet my idol purely on listening to that advice !

Heard it so many times that people end up being disappointed. I remember watching a clip about some lassies that got to meet their pin up Les McKeown of the Bay City Rollers and came away thinking he was a total prat !

Maroon Sailor

That guy did a good video with Den Hegarty of Darts as I think most people wouldn't want to see him like anything other than how he performed in the band.

Pure mental !

I've never met John Robertson, David Attenborough or Alex Salmond.

:sob:

Met Robbo many times, got his autograph several times, and shaken the mans hand :verysmug:

I've barely washed it since.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Met Robbo many times, got his autograph several times, and shaken the mans hand :verysmug:

I've barely washed it since.

:wub:

I've never met John Robertson, David Attenborough or Alex Salmond.

Met Robbo on a few occasions over the years, autographs and shook his hand. :verysmug:

Still struggle to string a sentence together in his presence without telling him how much I love him and how he is my hero. :sob:

Always walk away feeling like a knob for not being able to have a grown up conversation with him. :(

I got to meet Paul Hartley pre match on 19th May. Think I had a little bit of a stiffy while my hand was on his shoulder.

Couldn't say a word.

scottish_chicP

We all met Rudi in Inverness. Being the only girl I got away with the :wub: a bit more than the rest :lol:

I've never wanted to meet my idol purely on listening to that advice !

You're worried they'll be a holocaust denying fox? I feel the same about Mila Kunis.

Chad Sexington

I once met Dave Mackay at Musselburgh races. A lovelier, more down to Earth man you could not hope to meet. :wub:

I was a simpering fanboy and did everything but burst into tears and ask to touch his face. :vrface:

When I met Peter Hook the conversation was essentially about whether Steven was spelt with a 'v' or 'ph'. I'm sure he still remembers it to this day like I do.

The Comedian

Ernest Shackleton is deid so I'll no be meeting him anytime soon.

Bottled speaking to Robbo.

Will get to meet Salmond later today though.

:jjyay:

Got steaming on Rudi's home made bevy after the 3-1 game at Fester

Got steaming on Rudi's home made bevy after the 3-1 game at Fester

Saying no to meeting you that night is the biggest regret of my life.

Bumped into John Cleese up the bridges during the festival a few years ago. I had already necked a few, so I was probably a bit excitable :lol:

I have met quite a few celebrities and footballers (had Didi Hamann buy me a pint, had dinner with Steven Gerard, tried to chat up Andrea Corr and shared a taxi with the New York Dolls for instance) yet the day I shook Henry Smiths hand I was a gibbering, whimpering idiot!

Met robbo loads, use to have a season ticket with my dad in the business club, i hated it cause i was 13, couldnt get a drink and couldnt sing but upside was a met a few of the players at the time. When I worked in Alldays Robbo came into the shop twice and I served him both times it made my day, first time was after JJ was sacked I asked him if he was going for the job he said we will see what happens lol

I then met him again at a legends game he was playing against one of my mates, i asked him to sign my top which I ended up getting framed and is currently in my living room.

:verysmug:

My friend who posts on here has Rudi number and I asked him to get my top signed after the 3 1 easter road game which he scored the 3rd. I got a call a few weeks later saying Rudi is in the pub signing your shirt come down and introduce yourself have a drink etc. I was so nervous I could barely speak to him what a legend though.

I will one day have that top framed along with the cup final programe

I P Knightley

I've met a fair few celebrities, some of them personal 'heroes', one or two would have been personal 'villains' to many of us.

I've never been particularly phased by any of them but was in stitches when a friend and I were in the company of Sarah Cracknell out of St Etienne, probably a couple of years after the best if her St Etienne days. My mate, who's an intelligent and friendly chap, had said barely a word in her presence until she was saying her goodbyes when he bumbled and blurted out, "I'll buy your next single!" He then stood stock still for about 2 minutes before saying, "I've just made a complete arse of myself, haven't I?" Poor chap we nearly in tears. I never did find out whether Sarah Cracknell released another single.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've met a fair few celebrities, some of them personal 'heroes', one or two would have been personal 'villains' to many of us.

I've never been particularly phased by any of them but was in stitches when a friend and I were in the company of Sarah Cracknell out of St Etienne, probably a couple of years after the best if her St Etienne days. My mate, who's an intelligent and friendly chap, had said barely a word in her presence until she was saying her goodbyes when he bumbled and blurted out, "I'll buy your next single!" He then stood stock still for about 2 minutes before saying, "I've just made a complete arse of myself, haven't I?" Poor chap we nearly in tears. I never did find out whether Sarah Cracknell released another single.

I always feel its best to get an autograph, or a similar memento, then there's Always Something There To Remind You.

"Phased"? Fazed?

A period of silence with Plum might revive you.

"Famous" people I was keen to meet and did include John Colquhoun, Bill Bryson, Eduardo Mendoza and Vicente del Bosque.

I met Manuela Velasco, a well-known actress in Spain but I imagine not much known outside, not long ago after seeing her on stage.

The difficult thing was trying to avoid a stiffy.

32172_velascocab_cabecera.jpg

Generic Username

"Phased"? Fazed?

"Famous" people I was keen to meet and did include John Colquhoun, Bill Bryson, Eduardo Mendoza and Vicente del Bosque.

I met Manuela Velasco, a well-known actress in Spain but I imagine not much known outside, not long ago after seeing her on stage.

The difficult thing was trying to avoid a stiffy.

32172_velascocab_cabecera.jpg

The dame from Rec! I'd eat a row of her shite.

The dame from Rec! I'd eat a row of her shite.

The dame from REC...gave Gorgiewave a big cuddle.

Generic Username

The dame from REC...gave Gorgiewave a big cuddle.

Did she compliment you on your rager?

Did she compliment you on your rager?

feelgood--644x362.JPG

This is a scene from the play, "Feelgood", which surprisingly (to me) was written by a Glaswegian. Surprising that it was on in Madrid.

I also saw her with fewer clothes than that.

Also in the audience of about 70 were Macarena Garc?a:

27710b02b73887d679b1b79a869b46c7.jpeg

and Blanca Su?rez, so my rager was in fact on the descent by the time of the picture.

I P Knightley

"Phased"? Fazed?

I feel that if I'd ever had the chance to meet Plum, I'd have been tongue-tied for fear of him sneering as I dropped another such clanger. Mind you, I can't imagine Wodehouse resorting to "fazed/phased"; there would be a far more entertaining phrase.

Also, if I were ever to meet Gorgiewave, I would probably keep the lips zipped for fear of yet another grammar-based rebuke. Now stop following me around trying to pick holes in my prose!! ;)

scott_jambo

I feel that if I'd ever had the chance to meet Plum, I'd have been tongue-tied for fear of him sneering as I dropped another such clanger. Mind you, I can't imagine Wodehouse resorting to "fazed/phased"; there would be a far more entertaining phrase.

Also, if I were ever to meet Gorgiewave, I would probably keep the lips zipped for fear of yet another grammar-based rebuke. Now stop following me around trying to pick holes in my prose!! ;)

If I met Gorgiewave, I would probably have the urge to put my arm around him shoulder and tell him " Life isn't that bad. Everything is going to be alright".

Franklin Delano Bluth

Met Robbo a couple of times. Great man, a true gent and it's always an honour to spend time in his company. Top guy.

Met Gary Mackay a load as well. His love for the club is undeniable (as is Robbo's, obviously).

Paul Hartley on 19th May and in my work up in Aberdeen a wee while later. Bought him a drink and thanked him.

Encountered rather than met Alex Salmond in the bookies at Linlithgow several times about 15 years ago. Say what you like about him, he knows his horses and doesn't keep his tips to himself.

Met Robbo a few times as a kid but was a bit star struck. He was my hero and I've not really had one since.

Alan Johnson

Met Graeme Souness in Florida a few years back, was staying in the same hotel as us, really nice guy. He then revealed that the night before I got there he'd had a meal and drinks in the very same hotel bar with Ruud Gullit, Richard Keys and a couple others from Sky Sports. :what:

bajthejambo

Met Robbo in the Citrius.

Oh, it was on the night of the 19th of May 2012 by the way.

:verysmug:

Alan Johnson

Should also add, over the past few years I've bumped into Hearts legends Robbo, Craig Gordon, Gary Mackay, Scott Severin...... and Robert Tomaschek.

The Old Tolbooth

Met Robbo on a few occasions over the years, autographs and shook his hand. :verysmug:

Still struggle to string a sentence together in his presence without telling him how much I love him and how he is my hero. :sob:

Always walk away feeling like a knob for not being able to have a grown up conversation with him. :(

:lol:

Shanks said no

would meet Robbo, MacKay and Colquhoun regularly because we were all around the same age. Remember when they broke through a certain David Bowman who couldn't handle the Grosvenor Hearts hospitality. Funniest two encounters were Salvatori and Geldof. Met Stefano on the walkway of Gorgie stand and shook his hand, girl I was with melted and I mean melted in his presence, all she could say was Salvatori, Salvatori...... he just smiled and winked at me and walked away. I was too much of a gentleman to take advantage and there was a game to watch. Geldof was met when we played St Pat's in Dublin, all I will say is that Mr Rockstar couldn't handle a dozen jambos taking the p and asked the bar manager to have us removed.

Rudi Skacel came into Costco last year. I am the kinda guy ye cannie shut up normally. I was actually feared to say anything to him! Gary Locke and Craig Gordon visit Costco regularly, and I can waffle pish like the best of them, but Sit Rudi of Skacel clamped me proper!

Hardly anyone lives in NZ, certainly nobody famous.

This thread is not for me but very jealous of everyone on here who has met Robbo and Rudi.

ArcticJambo

Drinks with Shirley Manson, dinner with Johnny Haynes, camping with Billy Connolly .... all sound, apart from Manson - stuck-up bitch.

Snap, met him in Robbos years ago when he was playing for Livi and I was a gibbering wreck

Archived