Romanov will not let our club die

Jambo Banker

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Insisting the club would not go under, Romanov said: ?I don?t think that I would allow that to happen. Do you think that a missed payment for one month of tax is sufficient reason to put the club into liquidation?

?We were able to demonstrate to HMRC that we have sufficient income to cover that liability, so the threats were really a draconic measure.?

_51015105_romanov.jpg

Should get a few interesting reactions from the bitter traitors on here. :)

Another article with no substance whatsoever .... Sure we will have the usual fawning reactions from the duped though.....

Should get a few interesting reactions from the bitter traitors on here. :)

Another article with no substance whatsoever .... Sure we will have the usual fawning reactions from the duped though.....

And round and round we go again. :)

The real question, though, is whether he has the means not to allow it to happen. What sort of financial position is Mr Romanov currently in?

And beyond that: I'd be very interested to know whether, in his whole life, he's ever sold something which he was not forced to sell. That's what any journalist should be trying to find out: is he falling into a position whereby he has no option other than to sell the club?

He has pretty much said we are safe, what more do you want?

He has pretty much said we are safe, what more do you want?

Erm.....actions rather than words would be a good start????

Chad Sexington

As much as I feel his time at our club has run its course and its probably time for a fresh start for all concerned, I have to say, he looks cool as **** in that jacket. :wub:

What actions can he do?

he has also just gave us a striker.

I think it's clear from that interview that Mr Romanov appreciates the loyal support of proper Hearts men and cares little for the hot air of a few internet traitors - not one of whom have put a fraction of the cash into the club that he has.

Or that I have, for that matter B)

Maroon Sailor

?We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans. We had one really outstanding personal investment of ?27,500 from someone living in Singapore.?

Sure that guy lived in Brazil

Charlie-Brown

Thommo nobody EVER has put more money into HMFC than Romanov has or has underwritten. The fans have shown marvellous efforts to raise close on a million pounds in just a few weeks but we're still 59 million or so behind VR since 2004.

Thommo nobody EVER has put more money into HMFC than Romanov has or has underwritten. The fans have shown marvellous efforts to raise close on a million pounds in just a few weeks but we're still 59 million or so behind VR since 2004.

Correct.

Worth noting though, that even if Mr Romanov had been a no-one who just bought a walk-up concession ticket for Saturday's game, he would still have outstripped many of the internet traitors in his contributions to the club B)

Over all the years of our history we can not be far away think about all the season tickets we sell yearly.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Like not liquidating us, not selling Tynecastle and not flogging the entire squad at the first opportunity?

And round and round we go again. :)

The real question, though, is whether he has the means not to allow it to happen. What sort of financial position is Mr Romanov currently in?

And beyond that: I'd be very interested to know whether, in his whole life, he's ever sold something which he was not forced to sell. That's what any journalist should be trying to find out: is he falling into a position whereby he has no option other than to sell the club?

I don't think anyone forced him to sell the dodgy copies of Beatles albums.

But I could be wrong.

Mr Romanov's tenure as Hearts owner will be looked upon as a 'golden era' by the support.

His time is up. Of that there is no doubt.

But he's given us some incredible times.

Put it's this way; would you rather we had endured the lame shit existence of h1b5 over the last seven years? Or that of Heart of Midlothian?

Dress it up and debate this or that all you like. That's basically what it boils down to.

As much as I feel his time at our club has run its course and its probably time for a fresh start for all concerned, I have to say, he looks cool as **** in that jacket. :wub:

Agreed! Fashion!

How about quitting it with the mixed messages if you want us on your side?

How can you allow the board to say we may not make it to the new year and then this?

STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is correct. Not much doubt that the regime is running out of steam or that Vlad is mad but it could hardly be said that he's tried to destroy the famous.

So is it cool to like Romanov again aye?

You don't have to dislike him to ken it's time up.

I've never stopped loving the ****, but I know fine well it's time he moved on.

Sterling Archer

So is it cool to like Romanov again aye?

It was never not cool. Proper Hearts men knew that.

This is correct. Not much doubt that the regime is running out of steam or that Vlad is mad but it could hardly be said that he's tried to destroy the famous.

Similarily, not many people have built up massive debts due to signing players on massive contracts and then said "I have no interest in honouring these contracts or in taking responsibility for my actions. If you want your club to continue then you need to pay for my errors."

I have mixed feelings about Romanov - I think what he did for us before was amazing, but I think the way he suddenly lost interest and passed the responsibility onto the fans was shocking.

Sterling Archer

Sorry, I'm not a proper hearts man and wasnt aware of this.

Don't worry about it, happy to help.

More mixed messages.

We were told St Mirren could potentially be our last game.

Now we are told he won't let the club die.

Lets not forget that kids were emptying their piggy banks. Despite being told to only invest what you can afford to lose, many will have invested more.

You may love Romanov, you may hate him, but you cannot say that the fans have been treated fairly over the past few weeks.

Fairly typical Romanov statement - full of contradictions.

Shows the club to have played an excellent emotional blackmail lie - well done. Criticises FoH for not having wealthy individuals put money in, and then in the next sentence backs fan ownership.

Nothing much to get massively angry about, nothing to get overly chuffed about.

At least we all know now the next time the club calls for a load of cash we dont need to bother, and that whether the current target of ?1.8m is reached doesnt matter either.

Very pleased that I didn't subscribe to the share issue now. There was obviously no need to if Mr Romanov won't let us go under.

At least we all know now the next time the club calls for a load of cash we dont need to bother, and that whether the current target of ?1.8m is reached doesnt matter either.

Thats a worrying aspect of this: will the people who were swithering about buying shares do so now?

Very pleased that I didn't subscribe to the share issue now. There was obviously no need to if Mr Romanov won't let us go under.

.........and will he refund the young lads savings from his biscuit tin.................................nah doubt it

The Real Maroonblood

Fairly typical Romanov statement - full of contradictions.

Shows the club to have played an excellent emotional blackmail lie - well done. Criticises FoH for not having wealthy individuals put money in, and then in the next sentence backs fan ownership.

Nothing much to get massively angry about, nothing to get overly chuffed about.

The thing is mugs will still give him money. :10900:

Maroon Sailor

He won't let the club die ......... As long as we pay the tax bills and players wages eh ?

Just hand the club over ..... There's a good chap

Thats a worrying aspect of this: will the people who were swithering about buying shares do so now?

Anyone who is still "swithering" about buying shares at this point didn't have any intention of doing so at any time whatsoever.

Anyone who is still "swithering" about buying shares at this point didn't have any intention of doing so at any time whatsoever.

People on here were thinking of buying more...

Archived